PDA

View Full Version : Control sticks no longer function correctly

LonelyGaruga
Apr 19, 2013, 11:14 PM
Hi, ran into two problems today, one seemed temporary but I'm not sure if it resulted in the latter, so I'm going to go full on the details about this...basically, I use a PS3 controller to play, and normally the controls are fine, but while running Dark Falz today, when my party took on Elder, after the opening cinematic, my controller stopped working. I couldn't do anything besides move the camera with my laptop's touchpad, and disconnecting then reconnecting the controller didn't fix the problem. I had to reset my laptop since it wouldn't let me do anything, and after rebooting PSO2, I took a quest and found my controls had been messed up a little, somehow. My settings for the subpalette action and dodge were reversed, and I couldn't move the camera freely with the right control stick. I went back to the campship to try to fix the settings, and reset them to begin with. After resetting and changing my controls around so that the dodge and subpalette actions were correctly set, I saved the settings and tried to move and found myself unable to get my character to budge an inch. The camera was still dysfunctional as well. The sticks still worked for their actions when pressed down, but I couldn't walk or move the camera.

I tried asking my team members for help but they ignored me, and searching on the internet didn't help...I ended up testing the controller on the PS3 to see if it was broken, but sure enough, the sticks worked fine there. The ingame settings to test the control stick, the calibration settings for MotionJoy, all of those work with it and indicate a functioning control stick. I'm pretty stumped about what to do, since PSO2 is the only thing having a problem with the control sticks. I have a feeling I overlooked some setting, but I've done everything I could think of and would never normally ask for help unless I'm certain it's beyond my ability to figure out myself.

Could someone please help me troubleshoot this? I've never had a problem with PSO2 before, so I don't know what to do, and don't have anywhere else to ask for help.

EDIT: Running more tests, I noticed that during the Gamepad Configuration settings, both analog sticks are recognized for any direction during each test. I doubt this is normal, but I never had to use it before, so I would not know. Additionally, running the MotionJoy calibration settings,everything except the Z axis and Z rotation go unrecognized. Again, I don't know if this is normal or not because I never really tested this, but I doubt this isn't a problem. Can someone provide clarification here?

EDIT 2: Never mind, I have it working now. Sorry for wasting anyone's time with reading this!