PDA

View Full Version : sega really knows how to piss me off...

Miku Miharu
Apr 20, 2013, 03:13 PM
so i bought an additional character slot and didn't like the appearance of my character, so i deleted it thinking i could re do a new character and i couldn't. This is seriously bull crap, i wasted 500AC on a new character slot and i should be able to keep it no matter what... mmm Sega oh how i would love to kill you all right now.. Sad thing is i wont receive a refund for my 500AC either. dammit..

DreXxiN
Apr 20, 2013, 03:15 PM
Sorry to hear, but we can't really help you, only SEGA can. This should probably be in rants. >.>

Miku Miharu
Apr 20, 2013, 03:16 PM
Sorry to hear, but we can't really help you, only SEGA can. This should probably be in rants. >.>

pretty sure a moderator will move it :) but yeah this sucks :(

Para
Apr 20, 2013, 03:33 PM
Wow had no idea.. but it is a good thing to know that such a thing will happen. Gives warning to everyone who intends to add another character.

ashley50
Apr 20, 2013, 03:57 PM
It's your own fault for not researching firsthand.

You could've asked first before you took an action.
The message window pop up when deleting the character you made says it there too (even though it's not in English).

blace
Apr 20, 2013, 03:58 PM
People have asked about this countlessly in the quick questions thread and each time detailing it's only for that character, not the slot.

Miku Miharu
Apr 21, 2013, 05:49 PM
It's your own fault for not researching firsthand.

You could've asked first before you took an action.
The message window pop up when deleting the character you made says it there too (even though it's not in English).

okay no need to be so douchee about it...

Valimer
Apr 21, 2013, 06:30 PM
so if before making any characters, would purchasing a character slot first and making your main on the slot you purchased leave the original slot open to being able to remake characters?

Maronji
Apr 21, 2013, 06:45 PM
so if before making any characters, would purchasing a character slot first and making your main on the slot you purchased leave the original slot open to being able to remake characters?

You can't purchase a slot if it's your first character for the account. It will give you the original free slot first, and then the choice to buy a new slot (on any ship, mind you).

That being said, if you deleted either character, the one that remains will be in the original slot.

EDIT:
okay no need to be so douchee about it...
That response wasn't "douchey" at all, if you really think about it.

The problem is that people ask about this (or fall into this pitfall) all the time. If you had just done your research beforehand (or at least asked before doing anything), you could've avoided this.

I mean, what part of your appearance where you trying to change, anyway? You probably would've been better off buying the Makeover Shop Pass in any situation, if only due to using safety precautions.

UnLucky
Apr 21, 2013, 06:50 PM
It's been said in several threads about characters, character slots, or AC in general.

Not to say that it isn't shitty of Sega to implement it this way, and it really sucks to totally throw away 500 AC, which is more than $5.

But to clarify should anyone come across this thread later, you have to pay money each time you create a character if you already have at least one on your account.

If you delete ALL of your characters, you can create ONE for free.

If you create your first character, buy a second one, then delete EITHER of your characters, you have to pay AGAIN to create another one.

If you currently have 5 characters, unless you delete all 5 of them, you will have to pay money to create another character.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 21, 2013, 06:54 PM
It's been said in several threads about characters, character slots, or AC in general.

Not to say that it isn't shitty of Sega to implement it this way, and it really sucks to totally throw away 500 AC, which is more than $5.

But to clarify should anyone come across this thread later, you have to pay money each time you create a character if you already have at least one on your account.

If you create your first character, buy a second one, then delete EITHER of your characters, you have to pay AGAIN to create another one.

If you currently have more than one character, unless you delete all of them, you will have to pay money to create another character.

FTFY

Just to avoid confusion

ArcaneTechs
Apr 21, 2013, 06:55 PM
Point is, it gave you a warning about deleting your character and that you will have to purchase AC to re-buy a character in that slot or for a additional slot. You didn't bother researching this before hand (because we all know a good majority of people can't read JP) and decided to go ahead with this so now your mad at Sega because you didn't at least ask around before doing it. If anything you should be mad at yourself and not Sega

Valimer
Apr 21, 2013, 07:01 PM

If you currently have 5 characters, unless you delete all 5 of them, you will have to pay money to create another character.

Jeez, it's like SEGA wants you to make multiple accounts.

gigawuts
Apr 21, 2013, 07:02 PM
No I think being upset about this is warranted considering that it's a bullshit thing to set up in the first place.

UnLucky
Apr 21, 2013, 07:13 PM
FTFY

Just to avoid confusion

Well it was an illustrated example. I already mentioned having to delete ALL characters.

I suppose I should have said: If you have 5 characters, you have to delete all five in one go (to have zero total characters) before you can make a 6th, or remake your 5th, or your 4th, or your 3rd, or your 2nd, or your 1st.

It's why I've made it a point to always say, in each of these kinds of threads,

You do not buy character "slots." You buy the opportunity to create one character once.

Gardios
Apr 21, 2013, 07:50 PM
No I think being upset about this is warranted considering that it's a bullshit thing to set up in the first place.

It is, but it is still OP's fault for not reading the message box or asking what it says in case he doesn't speak Japanese. I believe it's even in red so that should've been an indicator to ask himself "hmm, what does this mean?" and research.