PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 crash

Menikoto
Apr 24, 2013, 03:48 PM
The game works fine on my Windows 8 PC, but when I try to play on Windows 7 SP1, I encounter an error around 10 minutes after launching the game. My PC isn't overheating, all drivers are up to date, direct X is up to date. Tried disabling and even removing all of my AV, and allowed exceptions to the windows firewall, also disabled it. Tried installing on windows xp, then moving the files over, same error. When attempting to run inside sandboxie, the game barely lasts 2 minutes before it crashes. Tried doing a selective bootup, by editing msconfig to only boot windows services. Also tried adjusting the options in the launcher to simple. I've tried every solution that I've found in these forums, but still no luck. Still getting this error.

Here's the error:
pso2.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Specs:
Windows 7 SP1
4GB RAM
GeForce GTX 680

Anyone find a new fix for this? Before anyone tells me "google" or points me to
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194598
Already tried both ;) Thank you in advance!

Crevox
Apr 24, 2013, 04:17 PM
Make sure nothing is hooking into pso2.exe (fps counters, directx hooks, etc). Sometimes such programs can cause the game to crash after a short period of playing.

Menikoto
Apr 24, 2013, 07:22 PM
Yes, that has already been done. Hence the selective boot mode. This means that nothing is running except what windows needs in order to function. Thank you for the response.

Anyone else have any suggestions? Would love to get the game working on Windows 7 so I can continue to use my win 8 machine for school and not clutter it with games.

Menikoto
Apr 25, 2013, 06:56 AM
Yes I have tried all of the fixes listed in that post. From what I can tell so far, it's windows 7 SP1 causing the problem. I'm unable to uninstall SP1 as it was preloaded onto the disc. I have tried setting up a VM (Virtual Machine) on selective boot, and giving the VM all of my resources available so that it can run the game. Then installed my win 7 SP1 (same disc I used to install it onto my main PC) and it still closes after 10 mins or so. There has to be a workaround of some kind.

EDIT: Fixed a typo