PDA

View Full Version : Subclass help

Alastorsx100
Apr 25, 2013, 06:51 AM
Okay I need help really fast I have two characters on PSO2 one is Hunter on main and my 2nd character is on ranger what subclass would I need to pick for extra damage or magical attacks cause I might sub hunter with force or techer. Then with my ranger i sub gunner so for my ranger im trying to figure out what to really sub with both my characters cause my Ranger is lvl 40 Gunner is somewhere in the 20s and for my hunter is lvl 22 i believe on my second character.

SO basically im trying to figure what is a good combo for Hunters and Rangers.

gigawuts
Apr 25, 2013, 07:00 AM
Force offers better offensive techs (which will not be very strong on a HU main) with PP revival, faster fire techs (including shifta) and cheaper bolt techs. Even if you're not doing much damage, PP revival recovers a nice amount of PP while you charge techs, making them effectively cheaper or letting you hold the tech until you're ready to cast it and get PP while you wait. Cheaper zondeel and faster shifta are two nice advantages.

Techer offers better team support, with a collection of buff skills that are good with even just 1 SP. Territory Burst is an active skill (like a stance or chain trigger, requiring that fistpump animation) that will increase all support tech ranges by 50% (including zondeel, its biggest strength) for 90 seconds at 1 SP up to 110 seconds at 10 SP and can be reactivated 120 seconds after the last activation (1 SP is advisable, since the 30 second cooldown at 1 SP will usually just be the downtime between spawns), Extend Assist will allow you to cast a second buff to stack the duration (a full extra 60 seconds with just 1 SP, 120 seconds for 10 SP), and Deband Cut will decrease damage taken while buffed by a Deband cast by a player with this skill by 5% for 1 SP, and 15% for 10 SP. You'll also get PP convert and PP Revival, which are of very limited use on a melee main, but they still exist.

The real balancing point for me with a tech sub was always cheap zondeel vs. large zondeel.

Unfortunately, going HU/TE or HU/FO means not going HU/FI (or more preferably FI/HU), which has a better rounded selection of melee weapons and has far better damage multipliers on its side. A HU/FI has 38% more damage with a cookie cutter build's Brave Stance, or 62.5% more damage with Wise Stance (that would be 5 SP in the ____ Stance skill, and 10 SP in the ____ Stance Up skill, due to the % gains per level).

Still, melee/techs can be fun. You might prefer FI/FO or FI/TE, since the fighter stances WILL benefit your tech damage, which is a considerable advantage. FI also has higher base tatk than a HU, and thus may be able to use higher level allclass teching weapons.

For your Ranger, check out Hunter as a sub. Right now that is insanely strong, especially with a good investment in the fury tree.

Can you share your skilltrees, so I can provide some tips on what to head for next?

edit: Added a bit more detail to the FO explanation, and Territory Burst.

Dinosaur
Apr 25, 2013, 07:24 AM
Okay I need help really fast I have two characters on PSO2 one is Hunter on main and my 2nd character is on ranger what subclass would I need to pick for extra damage or magical attacks cause I might sub hunter with force or techer. Then with my ranger i sub gunner so for my ranger im trying to figure out what to really sub with both my characters cause my Ranger is lvl 40 Gunner is somewhere in the 20s and for my hunter is lvl 22 i believe on my second character.

SO basically im trying to figure what is a good combo for Hunters and Rangers.

Hunters will always subclass Fighter unless:
1. You hate yourself
2. You are subbing RA to abuse Additional Bullet, so refer back to 1.

Ranger's best subs are Hunter or Fighter. Believe it or not, subclassing Gunner for Ranger isn't as strong as a melee subclass.

Alastorsx100
Apr 26, 2013, 03:34 PM
Well I wouldnt know how to show you my skill tree but my hunter is low on sub so im trying lvl up for it

Arrow
Apr 26, 2013, 03:45 PM
Well I wouldnt know how to show you my skill tree but my hunter is low on sub so im trying lvl up for it

print screen and upload picture here.

and I'm playing HU/FO atm and I can say it's..interesting.
fury/guard stance don't affect techs so it gimps there (or allows you to use added def w/o penalty while going tech crazy if you go FO/HU....kinda...)

Giga has the better explanation.

Alastorsx100
Apr 26, 2013, 04:13 PM
im trying boost up my RATK and STK and the my weak bullet skills wit my traps

Sizustar
Apr 26, 2013, 04:30 PM
im trying boost up my RATK and STK and the my weak bullet skills wit my traps

You're trying to do too many thing at once, try to specialize.
Trap Ranger are really...limited, in what they are good at fighting.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 26, 2013, 08:41 PM
If you want skill tree info look at my build thread. it has general purpose builds that attempt to maximize a class' damage potential and add utility if there's room.

Sizu is right though, you're spreading yourself WAY too thin.

Alastorsx100
Apr 26, 2013, 08:57 PM
well if i could I would reset but i checked out your list on the offical build thread

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 26, 2013, 08:59 PM
you should have some reset tickets in your special storage if you haven't used them already

Alastorsx100
Apr 27, 2013, 12:35 AM
okay yeah i got some and used them and respec it the right way

Alastorsx100
Apr 29, 2013, 10:14 AM
Quick question what gear do I need to be wearing if im going RA/HU

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 29, 2013, 11:16 AM
Armor wise you want vardha units. there's nothing better.

Weapon wise you want the best rifle launcher and GS you can find.

Alastorsx100
May 10, 2013, 08:42 PM
does anyone have a picture of the vardha set and why when I play my hunter im only doing like 200 damage and its lvl 30 i set up most the stuff from the guide but what does the vardha set look like

Alastorsx100
May 10, 2013, 08:43 PM
and by the way my ranger is 44

Bellion
May 11, 2013, 07:05 AM
Do you have Fury Stance activated?

deko4
May 11, 2013, 01:56 PM
does anyone have a picture of the vardha set

Here are the unit sets compiled in cirnopedia. :-)
http://cirnopedia.frostsabre.com/unit_5.php

Here it is worn by a player:

Front:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://stat.ameba.jp/user_images/20121013/17/gemeindoor/a7/72/j/o0350050912234869381.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
Back:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://stat.ameba.jp/user_images/20121013/17/gemeindoor/5a/20/j/o0350054612234869382.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

SociableTyrannosaur
May 11, 2013, 01:59 PM
Do you have Fury Stance activated?

He's playing Ra/Hu with fury stance at 7/10 and Fury stance up at 4/10. Barely a 10% boost while also using a unground tigrador.

that's why his damage is low.

Bellion
May 11, 2013, 02:02 PM
Yeah, but his Hu is doing 200 damage which is way too low at lvl 30. I'm guessing he's not activating Fury Stance itself.

And I don't seem to see his build.

SociableTyrannosaur
May 11, 2013, 02:23 PM
Yeah, but his Hu is doing 200 damage which is way too low at lvl 30. I'm guessing he's not activating Fury Stance itself.

And I don't seem to see his build.

No he's just not communicating well. i spoke to him via PM. he meant as a Ra/Hu with his normals.

Bellion
May 11, 2013, 02:32 PM
Well, that clears things up. Yeah, TC may want to upgrade to a better rifle.

Alastorsx100
May 12, 2013, 07:05 AM
Well i know i have to get better weapons how far should i lvl my hunter maxed out or what its only at 32 almost 33 at the moment. How do you know when fury stance is active anyway? And since im leveling my hunter up should I max out fury stance since im at lvl 7 on it i also have my fury s up at lvl 5 now so should i do crit soon?

deko4
May 12, 2013, 09:37 AM
If a skill is active, it glows and has little blue bars spinning around it.

http://i44.tinypic.com/308usle.jpg

On that note, you'll know if a skill is about to end/expire if it starts flashing red.

Alastorsx100
May 12, 2013, 03:24 PM
okay just checking

UnLucky
May 12, 2013, 05:29 PM
get Fury Combo maxed first, then Fury Stance, then Fury Stance Up 1, then JA Bonuses

you can get weapon Gears and Just Guard and Step Attack before that too, since they're more useful than passive damage (though you might want Step Attack on Fighter instead)