PDA

View Full Version : Fan Fic Reflections

Cypher_9
Apr 25, 2013, 09:04 PM
Hello again, its me, this will be a thread dedicated to the fan work I have put onto this site and aside for a bit but now rekindled due to inspiration. The first 3 chapters are packed into these neat little boxes. New releases will be put into new posts and they too will be archived in the first.

The title itself can have many a meaning but, the lack of coming up with something much more powerful... I will call my story arc "Reflections". Anyway, the first three will be just that, re-posts, but I will edit them to suit the need of this one. Also I will repost the character data here for convience - so if you want to know more about them; then it would be right there.

Characters of Reflections (will be updated - have two additional characters!)
[spoiler-box]http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2198&pictureid=29425

Clearer version~ http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e26/Seto_Kaiba3000/psotree.png

Ledgen: S = Solid D = Dotted

Red S Line: Characters who have an important role with one another and are well acquainted either through friendship, relation, or opposition. Recognizing each other for their feats of strength and role they play in the bigger picture.

Red D Line: Characters of the story who encountered one another and fought each other. Seeing the strength in another; offering their tutelage to use them in a greater plan. (Usually met with agreement or disagreement, depends on the influence used).

Blue S Line: Characters who have partnered up or met each other on the battle field to thwart a threat (from low to dangerous); becoming friends and/or partners afterwards.

Blue D Line: Characters who had conflict with one another, either resulting in a defeat/death of the opposition or a stalemate between powerful opponents.

Yellow S Line: Characters whom have employed their services with/for another.

Yellow D Line: Characters whose service was employed through force.

Purple S Line: Characters who are aware of another by presence; either through relation of another or strong aura felt through their attunement.

Characters:

1. Exodus (えずづs) – Is a human whom have experienced many hardships affecting him and his friends as a whole. Exodus has a deep history in finding his purpose that tested his humanity through the trails as he grew in his own strength; physically, mentally, and spiritually – overcoming the impossible. Encountering and surviving many disputes with the inclinations of the ‘darkness’; he met his last upon a fiery grave. As Exodus passed, he was given another chance to now serve as the guardian of the light, known for his persistence against the darkness and transcendence through the dark matter ether, Exodus was set into a time that is in need of his influence.

2. Cipher (しぴゅ) – Is a CAST who was remolded by Exodus himself, knowing the spirit that Cipher is, he fashioned her to imitate the look of a kunoichi. As she was awoken, Cipher was trained under Exodus and picked up techniques as if she learnt them for years – reflecting the style of stealth matching her imitated look. With this, Cipher and Exodus had a synonymous relationship, referring him as teacher or elder in respect , sharing many thoughts with him; with other people, Cipher would tend to be shy and ‘disappear’ to avoid embarrassment. Unlike other CASTs, Cipher has the ability to grow, to renew herself internally and externally. The skepticism plagued the minds of others upon how but, Exodus knows the true reason how and why. Aside from Exodus, others would take an interest in Cipher upon what she harbors within.

3. Geist (げいす) – Is a human who was a subject in the project “D”, Geist was experimented on to become the breed of humans; to better fight unexpected confrontation such as Dark Flaz. Down the line, Geist over heard the conversation of the scientist responsible and a military official of the WORKS who wanted to use them to gain a grip with the current government. Getting in touch with the scientist later on, she told Geist that he was the only one she can help saying the others have been corrupted. Telling of his innate ability, the scientist aided in Geist’s escape before they were able to capture him; as for Geist, he never knew what happened to the scientist; nor able to return to the point in time.

4. Ruu (るう) – Is a human avid in the learning of photon energy, a study under the control and use of this photon energy as one of the senior elders of the Communion of ARC. Ruu has been respected among the Newman majority upon his intelligence involving radical theories and their execution and wisdom in the understanding of this energy; composed within everything in existence. Many have said that Ruu’s way of thinking is reflects one going through a spiny field before a smooth one; which can be interpreted in such a way to the beholder. Ruu on the other hand, enjoys the Pandora the universe has to offer and if there is something, or someone an individual wants to know about; Ruu would be their first choice to go to.

5. Kira Yamanaka (きらーやまなか) – Is a human who is a military officer, a major in ranking, Kira is known to be one who follows the code to the letter; having honor and respect in both superior and subordinate. Kira isn’t a stranger to danger whom has proved to be proficient and effective within her missions. Assigned to the 22nd platoon as the commanding veterans were rebuilding the ARKS military complex; Kira was introduced to one of the ARKS recent transfers named Geist. From the moment she met this man, Kira felt something that she couldn’t fully describe. With intuition, Kira felt she can trust her life in the hands of this man; whatever that may be, Kira feels strongly in her decision to work under the new commander.

6. Naomi Isa (なおみーいさ) – Is a newman who’s dexterity is matched by her charm and curiosity. A young force in the making, she enrolled herself into the school that was run by the CoA in hopes to meet the one read in the series of books she owned published by them. During her time Naomi comes to realize the one she admired relocated and retired from the CoA – as it was told to her by one of the headmistresses that ran her class which Naomi has grown to loath. Given the riddle, Naomi have gone through some trouble before finding the location and before her very eyes; was a sleeping sage who goes by the name ‘Ruu’. Naomi’s over ecstatic nature awoken him which Ruu himself never expected his dream to come true as well. From there, Naomi abandoned the current CoA enrollment, inducted into the teachings of Ruu at his stead.

7. Genesis (げにしs) – Is a CAST whose origins is that of a mysterious one, this inclination has no memory of how he came to be but feels he has been existing for a long time. The only thing that brings purpose is by sensing and discovering a purple CAST by the name of ‘Cipher’. Genesis has not made his appearance yet but, he feels that he has a connection to Cipher in a way he cannot comprehend. Remaining in the shadows till he has gathered enough evidence to make the appearance.

8. Purachina (ぷらちな) – Is a CAST whom has served Major Kira for the longest in her pre-mercenary group. Purachina has proved to be a great asset on the field serving as surveillance, espionage and point for the team. She is ready and willing to do anything for her master when it comes down to the thick of battle; even if it involves her termination. Despite of that, Kira shows a concern to the CAST whom which not have experienced nor expressed any emotion aside from doing her duty. Out of it, Purachina wants to learn how to feel the value Kira holds for her so she can return the same.

9. Merav (めらヴ) – Is a unique human who would be known to be the first of its kind. A study under the darkness and its elements, Merav bolsters an insight and hind-sight beyond current human studies. A headmistress and elder of the CoA, most recognized her as the human with no heart; using bitter or cold to best describe her ominous presence. Nobody has really ‘confronted’ her except for the young newman Naomi who had several of her class sessions. When Merav seen this young girl, she already knew who she was seeking, testing her by often down playing her potential, even as a woman; while Naomi would return by calling her an old hag or witch. Students thought Naomi had a death wish but, nobody else except Merav seen that Naomi was ready for a higher learning by sending her to the modeled colleague Ruu via riddle.

10. Hariel (はりえぅ) – Is a newman experimented on as a part of project “D”. Like Geist, he has an innate ability granted, awoken within him from the experimentation. The result is countless bursts of rage and instinct overcoming him when he fights – ending the lives of many who stood before his sword. Suddenly Hariel have broken away from the formal group in search of someone ‘worthy’ as he allowed his instinct to guide him; from there he was never heard from again, those who did know of him presumed him dead.

11. Duma (づま) – Is a human experimented on as a part of project “D”. Duma is the youngest out of her team who shows a maturity at ambiguous times yet still childish in most instances. Her ability lies with her imagination and fascination of pyro-photon kinesis, it was theorized that Duma would be able to combust an area well within a 10000 meter radius. The example started with her staring at something or someone; making them burn which happened to one of their scientists – thus why many waned their eyes from her intense own, covering them with a specialized blinder. Duma on the other hand thought all was a game and constantly snapped her fingers as a flame flickered from them, getting a laugh out of others reactions. After the disappearance of Geist and Hariel, Duma stuck with ‘Flow’ as she did admire her ominous nature and one of the ones she would listen to.

12. “Flow” (ふろ) – Is a newman who had a unique development after her experimentation. The “D” project has opened ‘Flow’ to a new set of mysteries that would be closed to others. Her evolution was solitary as she was transfigured physically making her the tallest in the group spite being 3rd tallest next to Geist and strong with her dense muscle structure as it surpassed many equipment used in the current military. None was not sure why this has happened, only judging it due to the mutation of cells within her but, unlike the scientists ‘Flow’ knew the exact reason why. Mentally she was feed knowledge from an unseen force as it was told to ‘Flow’ that she was being prepared. ‘Flow’ understood her purpose and allowed more of the influence to overrun, letting it be her judge as she casts it upon others who challenge it. Exodus, being the one who does makes ‘Flow’ challenge him countless times as she sees something powerful within him as well; with the many times they fought, one would say they are eternal rivals. As for ‘Flow’, she sees more than what the fights bring and knows that Exodus sees it to; from that Flow will pursue her micro-goal before she prepares for the macro.

13.???- Is a ???… bearing the likeness of a well-rounded hunter before many with a few differences in trait. This woman has an ambiguous nature and whose sole purpose is to execute one goal; that goal involving chaos. Fully aware of the current events taking place, she would use them and more to create this brink; along with it, this woman desire mediums. These mediums would be the catalyst she needs to bring eternal…[/spoiler-box]

Chapter 0
[SPOILER-BOX]Somewhere, in the middle of a field surrounded by fire – the inclination of the ‘dark force’ was defeated but, at the price of victory cost the life of another who had been pursuing the inclination for as long as he had lived...

- CHAPTER 0-
Begining of the End is a Begining

The individual falls backside onto the ground, breathing heavily with his arms spread out, the odachi escaped his hand but, he knew he wouldn’t need it anymore for he felt his time was to an end.

“Ah... haaa-... wow... was that the... billionth time we crossed paths...” he laughs at the made up number, “... no matter, no matter how many faces you hide behind... it was my duty to pursue and defeat you at all costs...”

The individual looks up at the night sky, the moon beam down on him while the fires begin to cool and dim down.

“Funny... an infinite being... have yet to learn... its lesson... I guess persistance sure does beat... resistance...” he laughs again but, the laughter was followed by a hacking cough.

“Okay... maybe... I should stop talking...” he paused, “... bah, it doesn’t matter... I already know... To think all this... started as being a mediocure hunter... how the times... have changed...”

Before him, his vision was becoming blurred as a person who stayed up for days without rest; with it, he breathed his final words.

“I... leave this world with no... regrets. I did what I was needed to do... my service is complete though... I do hope this generation is ready... only if I can come back one... more... time...”

After the statement he slowly closed his eyes...

“I ...hope you... have... better luck... than me... part... ner...”

The individual finally passes...

================================================

‘Cy—pher...’ a voice calls out

Waking from the dream, the individual rises from the ground patting himself, then notices that he was not the body he became but, the body he originally was. Looking around, his surrounding told of a world unknown but, most importantly he was called by his formal name – “Cypher”.

‘Cypher...’ the voice calls out again

Cypher looks up into the nothingness, “Yes?”

‘How is thou...?’ the voice asked

He rubbed his head, “Uhm... fine I guess... at peace for the most part...”

‘Stand... I have a question to ask of thee...’ the voice requested

“Okay...” Cypher adjusts into an erect position, “... I’m here... but, I am curious... are you...?”

‘Yes... I am...’ the voice said

“Oh... well it is nice to finally meet you...” Cypher bowed, “... I can’t really say the same for... your counterpart’s spawn...”

‘I know of thy concern... thus why I must ask thee...' the voice said

“Well... I am ready for what you have to say...” Cypher replied

There was a mild silence between Cypher and the omnipresence, then the voice came.

‘Is thou ready... to go back...?’ the voice asked

Cypher widened his eyes, “...Wha-... what do you mean?”

The voice made a vibration that sounded like laughter – Cypher couldn’t help but to be perplexed by this for his question was going to be answered.

‘I have heard thy plea... thy will...’ the voice said

“Wait... what ple-... oh...” Cypher reminded, “...but, do you really think I am... deserving of a second chance... I did live a... long... telling life...”

The mild pause returned, then the voice spoke again.

‘Driven through insanity, sorrow, pain, regret, friendship,... love... the road of hardships during thou’s years... thy service to the light have been proven... thy truth realized...’ the voice said

“Well... when you put it that way...” Cypher looked to the side

The voice spoke again, ‘Do thou understand why thou has been... persistant.. constant in thy way?’

“I... have my thoughts... but, I feel you are going to reveal that to me?” Cypher quizzed

‘Yes, just as thee has inclinations, I have the same...' the voice claimed

“I see...” Cypher said

While Cypher was in thought, the voice spoke again.

‘The question remains... is thou ready... to go back...?’ the voice asked

Without hesitation, “Yes... I am ready to go back...” Cypher answered

During the moment, Cypher felt that the omnipresence was pleased, he too was and is honored to serve under the banner once again. From there a light glowed in the middle of his chest, this light was grown bigger and bigger – the ether around him began to swirl, Cypher was looking around in his amazement.

‘Before thou return... I shall bless thee with thy birth vessel... with thy birth name... thou’s name...’ the voice said, ‘...a rebirth... upon thy plane of thou’s passing...’

Cypher looked up, as the actions was happening around him and the voice spoke again...

‘Exodus... thou has transended many planes... and shall continue to do so... to maintain thy balance... thy order of thy fair universe... ‘

Within the experience, Exodus shed a tear for he was reminded of his original name, reminded of its meaning for it rang true within him.

“Thank you... thank you so much... for giving me this opportunity... I will not fail...” Exodus said

The voice laughed, ‘Thou has not failed... no... thou should be proud as I... Continue thy journey... continue being thy Guardian of Light... my son...!’

The words rang through Exodus as his renewed sense of duty returned and the voice continued.

‘May thou’s light bring hope into others... to fight against the darkness has yet to consume... find your other brothers and sisters... I will be watching... over... you... all...’

================================================

As the voice completed its statement, Exodus was blinded by light, feeling his person descend from the plane he was. Exodus felt himself settled upon land, the light before him began to fade, showing a familiar display before him. Exodus looked down at himself as the light have yet to go as it manifested a veil upon his body; it too dimmed as it completed its process.

“Cool... she was kind enough to give me new clothes...” Exodus admiring himself

Exodus snapped out of his own little world and looked before him, he started to walk toward where he had last stood against the dark inclination. From it, Exodus looks down at his formal self.

“Yikes... never realized how beat up I was...” Exodus said, “...geez how much time passed from then?”

From there, Exodus felt a presence that remained within the relic he looked upon, an immediate thought occured to him.

“I see... it looks like you are not ready to give up as well...” Exodus said, “...is this why you sent me back here?”

With the open question, the wind blew past Exodus, he lent a smirk with the riddle in his mind.

Out of it, he kneeled down and hoisted his formal body on his shoulders – then he reached for Tsukodoku (ツ孤独) that left his hands prior; putting it back into its sheath. As Exodus rose from the ground, he jest at the weight of the body.

“By the light... I should of laid off the monomates...” Exodus turned and started to walk, “... but, you still have a purpose... and just like me... you too will be... reborn...”

He continued to walk the path, to start the new journey that was given to him. Exodus sort of wished he was granted a psychic ability or something so he can predict how this would play out but, like with most things, he is kept in suspense. It didn’t matter to him much for everything he is going to do is under the guidance of the light...

...The time passes on...

-END CHAPTER 0-
Begining of the End is a Begining

================================================== =================

I hope for those you enjoyed this introduction of Exodus - I will add my other character introductions within the same posting so be on the look out. I also look forward to everyone else's story-line...

Forgive me if I have any errors within the text... and the made up sword name, I was just combining words... LoL
Also much ambiguity would be - for now I am just making introductions till further development.

UP NEXT: [Geist and Kira introduction] [Ruu and Naomi introduction] [Cipher introduction] ["Flow's" introduction]

SIDENOTE: If you want to quote - Only copy the title of the individuals prologue/introduction/story - it would very efficient/user friendly and prevent posting the whole story again. Pulling quotes for the story itself however is fine... :D

EDIT: This is purely based off what you believe/feel may come... this is just a medium to show your character's introduction - after reading some things... users on here have some pretty sound explanations but like with what most said, have to wait till the full story unfolds. For now everything would be ambiguous and based off of the individuals thought - which the whole point of this is to see that.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Chapter 1
[SPOILER-BOX]AN: I finally got around to it... now I introduce another one of my characters into the fold - this turned out longer than the first and it still feel a bit 'incomplete' so I wouldn't fault ya if you feel such. But overall, the idea is down for your eyes to see this prologue unfold for one of my heroes!

ENJOY

Within the ARKS vessel in a well disclosed room, Exodus was making a final check with a project. After the adjustment he had taken a step back; looking down at the subject on the table. Placing a hand on the chin he rubbed it; pondering to himself.

“Well, so far so good… now for the finishing tou-…”

-CHAPTER 1-
Awakening of the Cipher

There was a beeping noise that interrupted Exodus’ thoughts; he turned back and walked toward the door – pressing a combination on the pad.

-psssst-

When the door opened, standing before him was a lithe woman with white neck-length hair; a part hanging off one ear. Highly tinted brown eyes appearing as if they were orange; completed with oval bifocals hugging her nose and ears; wearing a black one-piece dress suit draped with a white over-coat, completed with heels. Her olive face expression showed that of a surprise, not expecting Exodus to answer so soon.

“Oh… hello Exodus…” the woman said

“Hello Shidow-san… please, come in…”

Exodus held his arm out into the room to welcome her in; Shidow Risa, one of the scientist of the ARKS colony R&D sector. The sector in itself amassed technologies dealing with photon energy – such as photon crystallization to better inventory ARK infantry on the field.

Shidow made her way in; giving a smile in return for Exodus’ courteous nature. He closed the door behind her; rekeying the pin.

“Please… call me Risa…” she said

“Oh… the formal greeting is too much?” Exodus jest

Risa blushed, “N-no… nothing like that, it just reminds me of work…” she paused, “… besides… we knew each other for a good while anyway… and to be fair with you of course.”

Exodus lent a smile, “Sure… okay then, Risa it is…”

Risa returned the same, she then turned toward the table; looking at the subject lying upon it.

“So… this is…” looking back at Exodus

“Yes… the big secret I was telling you about…” he said

Risa turned back, examining the subject up and down with a careful eye; during the moment Exodus spoke.

“I hope everything looks okay… I did this without a guide…”

His comment made her chuckle a bit and he continued.

“Anyway, she is made differently from other current CASTs… the parts I had were the only ones I can use… Anything else wouldn’t have been able to suit her…”

“Fascinating…” Risa said, “… Absolutely… fascinating…”

As Exodus observed; he seen the eager mind of Risa study the monitors behind her, she then looked back at the CAST.

“These photon readings… are within levels that is dangerous for a CAST yet… she remains stabilized.” Risa examined more, “This shell… well I don’t know if I should even call it that… I cannot even fathom the fact of it being possible… though it was the talk amongst the board.”

She then turned toward Exodus.

“Exodus how did you…?”

Exodus scratched the back of his head, “Ah… well it’s sort of hard to explain…”

“Oh…” Risa had seen the expression, “… I apologize… I don’t mean to pry…”

“It’s okay… you’re a smart woman and will figure it out anyway… wouldn’t want to ruin that for you…” Exodus said

“I see… well it is enough that you brought me here to see this… for that I am grateful…” Risa said

“Eh, it’s no problem; besides I feel that you out of the many are the only one I can trust this way…”

From his statement, Risa turned red being a part of this privilege; as for Exodus he was ready to execute the last step of this process.

“So… I’d say it’s about time to wake her up…”

Out of the statement he walked back toward the subject on the bed; once Exodus was over her, he placed a hand over her bosom. Risa was curious to know why he was doing this knowing good and well with her knowledge about CASTs; this wasn’t a way to activate them for the first time.

“Brace yourself…” Exodus said

He closed his eyes started to utter a few silent words, then his voice grew in volume as he spoke; a glow rose from under his hand and began to grow in size. Being a Newman herself, Risa figured Exodus was preforming a TECHNIC spell; question was what type for it was something she never heard nor seen before, even his stance was unique.

“Awakening a CAST with a TECHNIC… Exdous… what are you doing!?” trying to talk over the sound

Exodus continued as the winds began to pick up within the boxed space they were in; Risa grabbed onto something still seeing the surreal sight before her eyes. With the final verse, Exodus uttered the words…

“GYAKUTEN!”

Exodus immediately forced his hand dead center on the caseal’s bosom; the elements coming from the light as well as its glow quickly diminished the moment it was put into her. Instantly the caseal opened their eyes as they taken a gasp of air; this sight was perplexing for Risa to see as she had a knee on the ground.

“She… breathes?!”

The caseal instantly rose from the table; now sitting up, still panting as one would if they woke from a nightmare. Exodus gave no expression and continued to stare at the caseal from the side; allowing her to take in the first breath of life. Risa however was being overwhelmed upon the experience happening before her.

“E-Exodus… are… are you going to do something?!” she questioned

The statement was heard and Exodus seen that the caseal’s breathing hadn’t slowed; he addressed his concern.

“It’s okay… you can relax…”

When Exodus tried to reach over to the caseal, she instantly looked at him and grabbed his arm.

“What?!” he breathed

The caseal pulled him toward her, then used her other hand to strike his chest; Exodus was pushed through the wall.

*GUAK*

Exodus flew out of the room as a hole was left behind him; tumbling a few times on the ground. Risa panicked at the sight of Exodus being hit to such a degree.

“EXODUS!!”

The caseal on the other hand was walking out; then she grasped her head as it made her body tremble.

“Fire… fire… stop… make… stop…” the caseal uttered

Exodus instantly realized what she was talking about; picking himself off the ground, he started to console her.

“It’s okay… it’s over… the dream is over…! I am not the enemy!” he said

The caseal’s attention was grabbed again; leering at Exodus hard, she held her hand out and called out the name.

“Tsu… ko… doku…”

Shocked to what was going to happen; Exodus fixed himself quickly and rushed at the caseal. Before anything could manifest fully; Exodus managed to get behind her, the caseal tried to react but, it wasn’t quick enough for Exodus.

Now in a hold the caseal tried to get out but, her struggle was in vain; Exodus kept on her as tightly as he can and once the caseal knew she couldn’t get out she cried.

“FIRE.. STOP… MAKE… FIRE STOP…” the caseal yelped

The same words voiced again from her lips; Exodus ready now to lay his verse.

“Listen! Listen to me!! I am not letting go until you calm down… the fire is gone… it is over… you don’t have to worry anymore…” he said

The caseal still struggled but, Exodus still held on; within the moment, he felt her restraint waning and he continued with a softer tone.

“Yes… listen… nobody is here to hurt you… I am not going to hurt you… It is gone, the fire is no more… it was just a dream…”

After those words; Exodus felt the calm looming over her. Content with the progression he let her go; Risa on the other hand still let out a voice of concern.

“Exodus, are you alright?!” she gasped

Exodus looked back at Risa, “Yes…” he then looked back at the caseal who was just standing there; staring out into space, “Risa-san… can we borrow your quarters for the time being…?”

“Huh?” Risa surprised

Exodus smirked to himself, “I know this area is desolate but, something like this would still draw attention… so we have to get going.”

“Okay… here… follow me, I know this colony ship like the back of my own hand…” Risa said

“Lead the way…” Exodus said

Soon as the statement was made; the sooner Risa got up and taken charge of the escapade. Without hesitation, Exodus lifted the caseal into his arms. This startled her a bit and when she looked back at Exodus, she seen a smile on his face. The reassuring look calmed the caseal; cradling her arm close as she felt safe with this man.

During the espionage, Risa was checking all sides for Exodus as they traveled through the corridors. There was one run in with an ARKS official who was sent down the path; Risa was doing a notable job negotiating with the officer but, like most things it was extended by the other party; upon which Risa was running out of things to say. Then the official was called to do something else which ended the conversation.

A moment later…

The trio finally made it to Risa’s quarters; before she even open the door, a comment parted her lips.

“You know… I never really had anyone over… forgive me if it looks… terrible…” Risa looked to the side

“Bah, don’t worry about it… I bet its five times better than the places I been in…” Exodus sighed

From there, Risa slid her card and punched in several numbers; the door instantly opened – its light escaped into the hall. The caseal hid her face, burying it into Exodus; he looked down at the child’s action and couldn’t help but to give a warm affectionate expression. Exodus continued forward into the room.

Coming out of the dark hall, the light welcomed Exodus in with a visual that was spectacular beyond a belief; the perception of what was told contradicted such. As the door closed behind him, Exodus was staring in awe of the home belonging to Risa.

“This is what you call terrible?!” he exclaimed, “… if I didn’t know any better, I’d say you are one of those interior designers from the visi-screen…”

“Really?” Risa tilted her head

“Yeah… this is a perfect place to call home… Though again, I am not too impartial on where I sleep…” Exodus said

“Wait… are you saying you never or was ever issued a quarters as an ARKS?” Risa asked

“Yes and no… I just wanted to be a freelance worker; I didn’t register the first time I got here but, I did aid ARKS infantry back then. I was given a commission despite such but, the payment I couldn’t keep up with… especially for what I did thereafter… you know equipment and such…”

Risa giggled, “I see…” she then twidled her thumbs, “… well you can stay here… for as long as you like…”

Exodus nodded his head, “Thank you for your kindness… I’ll be sure to keep it in its top condition…”

Risa smiled, and then a thought came into mind.

“Here… let me put on some tea for us… I’ll be right back…” she said
“Sounds good…” Exodus said

He then walked over to the couch to place the caseal down from his arms. After that, the caseal immediately curled up as she brought her legs close. Exodus have taken the seat before her and plopped on it; as he settled down, Exodus looked over at the caseal. He already felt her having those thoughts again but, is glad that she is more composed than earlier.

“You are doing a good job… you know that?” Exodus spoke

The caseal just clenched tighter; he leaned forward to have more of a direct connection.

“You are safe with me okay?” Exodus said

The caseal then looked up at him with her purple irises and black sclera eyes. The emotion on her face was blank and can easily be read as the best poker face Exodus ever seen. Knowing this was to be expected since she is new to this world. Risa returned from the kitchen, seeing the display of Exodus and his caseal looking into one another; she raised the question.

“So… Exodus… did you name her yet?” Risa asked

Exodus nodded, “Yeah… I did…”

Before Exodus could say anything else; the caseal voiced a new word.

“Ex… o… dus…” the caseal in a low tone

This grabbed the attention of the two; Exodus readily taken the conversation yet to begin.

“Yes… my name is Exodus…” he said

“My… name is Exodus…” the caseal repeated

“Yes… I mean no… MY name is Exodus…” then he pointed to her, “YOUR name is… Cipher…”

“Ci… pher…” she paused,” …my name… is Cipher…”

Exodus celebrated, “Yes! Your name is Cipher… I am Exodus…” he then pointed, “… and this is Risa…”

Cipher looked up at Risa, “Ri-sa…”

“Yes that’s right…” Risa nodded

Cipher then looked back at Exodus, “You are Exodus…” she pointed

He nodded, “Yes that’s correct…”

Then Cipher pointed at herself, “I am Cipher…”

Both Risa and Exodus agreed with her thought, “Yes…”

During the moment, Risa was surprised to see this development happen before her.

“This is amazing… I never seen such CAST learn like this; commonly they are already uploaded with data but, this one… is learning things…” Risa turned to Exodus, “… but, I must ask… about what happened earlier…”

Exodus lowered his head, “It’s nothing… don’t concern yourself with it… I wouldn’t want it to be a burden…”

“Oh… I am sorry…” Risa embarrassed

“It’s okay; I know you would be curious… which would lead me to ask this…” Exodus said

Risa gave a fine ear to hear what Exodus had to say.

“Can you take care of Cipher during the times I am away…?”

“W-what? Are you sure?” Risa said

Within the moment, Cipher picked up the glass apple ornament that was on the coffee table. The two looked at her; seeing what Cipher might do, out of it Exodus then gave his answer.

“Yes… you are much more suited for her education… As you already see, Cipher is learning every second; an infant but not an infant… her mind will develop very quickly I assure you. I know this is something you are eager to see… other than that I hope this wouldn’t disrupt your work schedule?”

Risa shook her head, “No… not at all… I have flexible time so I’ll be more than happy to do this for you… but, what about you and your tutelage to her…?”

He lowered his eyes, “When the time comes… I’ll take her under my wing… right now she needs you more than ever…” Exodus said

After the statement; they have seen Cipher looking into the glass, examining as she held it with her hands. Then Cipher placed the glass apple back down; when she looked back up, Cipher seen both Exodus and Risa looking at her. Immediately Cipher hid her face, the two had taken notice at her first emotion.

“Awww, that is so cute…” Risa said, “… she is… shy.”

Exodus got up from his seat; stepping over the coffee table with ease and taken a seat by his daughter. The moment he did, Cipher’s body turn toward his and buried herself into him. He wrapped his arm around her back; signifying his protection over Cipher. Cipher looked up at Exodus and seen the smile he posed with earlier; in return, Cipher moved her lips upward – doing the same. The action made Exodus excited.

“Well would you look at that… she is smiling…” he said

Risa’s attention was grabbed and as she tried to gain a better look – Cipher hid her face again. Out of the action; both Exodus and Risa laughed out of joy upon this child’s new beginning.

Sometime later on the planet Naberious… upon a remote clearing….

*PING-PONG-PLONK*

The sounds of metal clashing with one another as these blurs collide with one another as they danced on the ground and some in mid-air. Now one of the blurs started to retreat while one advanced; voicing their words upon the heat of combat.

“You are never going to get me if you are that slow…” Exodus said

“Hmph..” Cipher sounded as she pursued, “I’m not done yet!”

Cipher’s advances became much sharper as she swung her blade more and more. Exodus seen this and was proud of the immediate reaction taking place and deflected each blow. Coming toward a giant tree, Exodus looked back to see how far; Cipher seen this as an opportunity to perform a unique technique.

“Now!” she voiced

Cipher followed her movement with a leap into the air; gaining much height from the velocity, Exodus looked up to see what she is planning. Now looking down, Cipher has the upper hand and charged her blade as she collected free photons in the air. Entering the second stage instantly, she began to twirl in a horizontal motion; becoming faster and faster.

“SPECIAL ART: NOVA STRIKE!!”

Cipher now started to spin horizontally as she came downward to Exodus like a tornado on its path; Exodus felt the power it generated as it started to churn the winds around him. Coming down as such a pace Exodus prepared himself to counterattack; once Cipher came into proximity, he executed his own.

“SPECIAL ART: STUN SOINDO!!”

*BUUAAAAWWWFFF* the two swords made their clash as it rivaled each other in power; creating a shockwave emanating from their center. With the sparks flying, the two’s might were equally matched and Exodus knew this stalemate wasn’t going to go anywhere.

“HUUUAAAAAAH!”

Out of the cry Exodus added more force behind his technique; a burst of energy spilled from his blade as it ultimately pushed Cipher away.

*ACK… Uoof… AARGGH* Cipher tumbled on the ground
Astonished at Exodus’ might, she couldn’t help but to think if she was capable of such; then a shadow came over her. As Cipher looked up, she seen a hand reached out toward her; Exodus himself voiced his words.

“I must say, you have guts but, still lack the passion…” he said

Grasping his hand, Cipher was helped up to her feet; sadness shadowed her face.

“I’m sorry Sensei… I failed…” she said

Exodus felt the melancholy and tried to make the situation lighter.

“Nonsense, don’t’ be hard on yourself… I must say, I didn’t expect you to use the gravity as your aid behind your attack… very clever I say.” He said

“Sensei…” Cipher’s eyes glimmered, “… I’ll be sure to do my best next time!”

Exodus smiled, “Aye that’s the spirit… once you keep that up; there is nothing that can stand before you…”

He then taken Cipher close, “Comon, we got a lunch waiting for us…” giving her a noogie

Cipher giggled, walking along with her sensei; suddenly a gust of air rushed against the two. Exodus looked up; seeing a drop-ship hovering above as it was going to make its landing. Once the drop-ship finally made touchdown onto the ground; as things were settled down, the hatch doors opened up, revealing a welcomed face.

“Risa-okaa!”

Cipher ran toward her while Risa opened her arms to welcome Cipher into the embrace.

“Oh Ci-chan, it is good to see you again…” Risa said

“I missed you very much…” Cipher said

“I know… I missed you too…”

As the two let go, Risa looked at Cipher, “My my… look at how you have grown… I see that you and Exodus are still training…”

Cipher nodded, “Yes… but, I wasn’t able to overpower sensei…” she frowned a bit

Risa smiled, “Don’t worry, you will get him yet… you are a tough little cookie! The important thing is to not give up…”

“Yes!” Cipher cheered

After the statement, there was another figure coming from the ship; this caught the attention of Cipher and Exodus. As the figure was emerging, he was wearing a yellow, black, and white robe set; with rectangle bifocals on his face and a ponytail tied on the back of his head.

“Oh hello sunshine, how I miss thee…” the man said

Suddenly, Cipher got into a ready stance holding her Zanba behind; both Exodus and Risa seen the action but, Risa was the only one audible.

“Cipher… what are you doing?” she said

“…” Cipher stood quiet

“Oh?” the man taken noticed, “And what is this going on…? It seems like your bodyguard wants to hurt me Exodus...” he jest calling out to him

Exodus didn't say anything and the man felt he was waiting for something so he looked back at Cipher; wanting to test the tension behind this action. So he then taken a step forward; immediately Cipher reacted; the man seen how fast this CAST was, found it rather impressive too and just when Cipher was going to make contact.

“CIPHER STOP NOW…!!” Exodus barked

From that Cipher taken heed to her sensei’s words and stopped her movement; Cipher is now an inch away from the individual. The man gave a smirk as he did not move an inch as if he was not threatened by the attempt. After hearing the name, he started to ponder and rubbed his chin.

“’Cipher’ eh? What a unique name… yes…” the man looking at her

Cipher seen his gaze and instantly jumped back toward Exodus; going behind him now observing. From there Exodus sighed and finally parted his lips to speak; knowing full and well who the man is.

“Ruu… what do you want… you usually don’t come to me unless it’s something important…”

“What?! How could you Exodus… and here I thought we was friends… can’t friends hang out?!” Ruu pouted

“That is not…” Exodus sighed again, “…never-mind, come on and join us then brother…”

As everyone settled down, Cipher kept close to Risa for she didn’t know who Ruu is whom of which sat by Exodus. When the food was being placed, Exodus and Ruu excused themselves from the cloth; now standing by the big tree to have their private conversation.

“Okay… you came down here for a reason; like the many you had before… What is the wisdom that you impart with?” Exodus asked

Ruu cleared his throat, “Ehem, straight to the point I see... well this news… it's about… “

-END CHAPTER 1-
Awakening of the Cipher

Another relase of my chapter... prologue of 'Cipher'. I hope you enjoy it... forgive any gramatical errors[/SPOILER-BOX]

Chapter 2
[SPOILER-BOX]-AN-

Another installment for story I am doing - I thought this would be an interesting dynamic to add as the 2nd chapter... could be typos, grammer errors, and misuse of some terms but, in all the theme of what I wanted is there... cool... and some what... dark. ENJOY

Away from the nearest planetary system – there was a mass traveling through space. Above its surface, the skies were coated in crimson indigo; its lightning struck down in thick positive beams from the clouds with the thunder screaming after. The ground made of obsidian peaks and planes as it bleed the life blood of the planet. Upon its earth, walked a person; their form was that of a human female, pale in complexion with a bold lower-half a petite upper. The woman stood in place as the wind passes through her fiery hair with a turquoise bang hanging over; to breathe in the thick rancid air as it tells her of the happenings that taken place – past and present.

“Well… this would be a delightful meeting…” she said

The woman let a smirk grow on her face as she heads to her destination.

-CHAPTER 2-
Red and Blue Void

She continued her journey across the black plane; her surrounding showed no physical living thing was in sight. Just a desolate place where eerie presences held on to; the woman felt this around her, aside from the planet it brought great comfort to her heart. Out of the superstitious environment, the woman heard a vibe; this sound she heard echoed through the cries of lighting. From this, her attraction grew as she savored every step she made; the vibration became louder and louder till it was up to the point where it can be deafening for one to hear. For the woman, it was a symphony in what is to come; suddenly she stopped. Before her was a darkness; a void, as this rip churns before her, its origin was known; realized to the woman as she felt this thing fighting to bring its own existence.

“Struggling to give yourself purpose…? Here, I shall let your purpose be known…”

The woman extended her arm; suddenly her hand started to glow, then a pool of energy extended from it as it begins to tease the void. She gave a nonchalant expression as the being before her was beginning to take shape. The veils of light was twisting and bending around the form; the woman then clenched her hand into a fist – immediately the light surrendered and bonded around the form. As the light dissipated, the body fell from mid height hitting the ground. The woman looked upon the creation with bright orange eyes as the pale blue body before her was convulsing; now yelping through its new voice.

“Look at me…” said the woman

With the sound heard, the being struggled to look up under its stress but, managed to make contact with its white eyes. The woman lent a smile and spoke again.

“Are you able to turn your pain into words?” she asked

The being coughed some but, managed to give a confirmation, “Y-yes…” he answered followed by another hacking cough

“Excellent…” said the woman, “… I am only going to say this once… so listen well before I return you into the void that you were…”

The pale man gave a fine ear to what this woman has to say as he is reminded of the pain he came from.

“You will give me your unyielding servitude. You will do as I say without question; out of it your purpose will be realized for I am the only one that brought you salvation…” she lowered her eyes, “… do you understand?”

The man nodded, “Yes… my life is yours to demand…”

“Good… then I shall put this loyalty to the test…” the woman said

Out of the statement the man remained as he fixed himself upon one knee, waiting for his direction.

“I want you to monitor over another… I am sure you can feel it as well. Their power is premature and I want you to bring it out of them; taking it to its limit, allowing the power to grow within them…” she said

During the moment, the man gave a fine tune as if he does feel something that is just like him but, it’s very faint. He then looked back at the woman with a curious expression; she seen this and reprimanded him.

“Do you have a problem?” she leered

The man quickly lowered his head, “No… no savior I apologize… I will do as you say…”

“Good… now then; follow me…” the woman turned

As she did, the man got up after her; struggling to walk as it was the first time he did. The woman looked back as an encouragement to fix himself.

“Such a child… you already know how to…”

It didn’t take long for him to become adjusted to walking; with a wobble here and there, he was able to keep up with the woman. As they were travelling across the desolate land, many thoughts; many questions began to develop within the man.

“Savior… forgive me but, I have something… to ask…” the man said

The woman closed her eyes but, still walking forward, “Speak child…”

“W-what is… my name?” the man said

Out of it, the woman gained a chuckle as this was interesting for her.

“Normally… you wouldn’t have a name… more so of an ambiguous term…”

The man lowered his eyes as he struggles to have an identity as those words escaped his savior’s mouth and she continued.

“To see you… wanting a name… is understandable yet refutable but,… since you long to have an attachment; something to cling to… I will give you that much…”

The man eagerly waited for this to come, anything is better than to have nothing at all; for his savior to find him in the first place was a miracle in his eyes.

“Your name… is Genesis…”

“Genesis…” he stood quiet; the woman looked back at him as he ponders upon his new name.

“Do you want to stay here; as an ambiguous term…? I don’t like to be kept waiting…” she said

Quickly he straightened up, “S-sorry savior…”

Continuing the journey, Genesis was learning the name; it’s meaning for now it given him a piece of his purpose. Which brought another curiosity upon him, Genesis wondered if his savior before him has a name. He felt her spirit is indeed a strong one; also the fact that he thinks it is similar to his own and the fact that her look seemed familiar to him as if he met her before.

“Savior… forgive me again but, I have another question to ask…”

She smiled as she knew what was coming next…

“Do… do you have a name?” Genesis asked

Out of it she let out a chortle, “My name… is of no importance… you need not to worry about it child… just know me as your savior…”

“Savior… please I beg you… I want to address you by your eminence… you brought me into this world. It is the least I can do to praise you, to be reminded so my passion to serve you will grow ever stronger…”

Again she was being pleased by this individual; his gallant nature was that of the other she is truly looking for. So she taken it as a gesture of good faith and will hold him to his ideal.

“Very well…”

The woman paused…

“Reign… you may call me…”

From the sound, Genesis bowed down, “Reignsuku, I will never let you down… I will forever be a part of your covenant…”

“Good… I hope you are true to your word as you are to my own…” Reign said

After that, the two continued their journey; approaching a disturbance before them. Coming into proximity, Reign held her hand out toward the distortion; her hand consumed as if it was being taken by the very reality it is; Genesis was a bit timid about this void but, going where his savior is going gave him the strength to cross into the realm.

…Sometime later… on the ARKS vessel “Ur”…

At the registration counter, there were many who were getting their ID to become a fully fledge ARKS member after their recruitment training. Among them was a well armored CAST whose color was a dark metallic blue with its lighter variant on the trim and golden rod lines as well as eyes that glowed. Coming up to the counter, the receptionist did her usual greeting and asked for the name of this CAST.

“Name… start off with your serial please…” the receptionist said

“0040127 – MKX model ‘Genesis’…” he said

“Okay…”

The receptionist started to sift through the data as it finds his name; during the moment, yet another CAST came up to the counter next to him. This time it was young looking caseal with wild purple hair; followed by her flesh toned skin, nose and mouth covered by a mask, complimented with her dark purple and black metallic armor with a neon purple glow with its pattern. Genesis turned his head as he not only notices this caseal physically but, the aura he felt; reminiscing from the time on the planet now feels as if he was by a burning furnance. The amazement ran silently through him as he pondered to himself.

“Is this who Reignsuku was talking about; this… girl? She looks so uneasy at the moment… as if she doesn’t want to be around these people but… something encouraged her to do this…” he thought

As he continued to stare, everything else was deaf around him; besides one thing.

“Cipher…” she said

At that very moment a shock struck through him, the name ‘Cipher’ felt so familiar to him but, he doesn’t know why but, it did. This immediate connection was unknown to him and Genesis didn’t know if he should react or keep to himself; but, he truly feels that Cipher is special in some way and he must know why.

After Cipher completed her registration and received her ID; something told her to look to her side, when Cipher did – she immediately vanished. This simultaneous action had surprised those behind her as well as Genesis.

“Such speed… like a purple blur… where did she go?” he thought

“Sir?” the receptionist said

Genesis’ attention was recaptured; looking back at the ARKS official as she held her arms out holding his ID with her hands.

“Here you go Genesis and welcome to the ARKS…” she said

Genesis graciously grasped the ID, “Thank you very much…”

Once Genesis left the line, he was still curious to know where Cipher gone to. Her presence still remained but, he couldn’t pinpoint where. He shaken the thought and started his way back to the shopping district to get supplies. Coming down through the transporter, Genesis stepped out; when he did, his eyes caught the purple blur once again to his left. Not wanting to be seen, he swiftly made it into a corner and laid his back on the wall; observing from the shadows.

“Hmm… I see, so they were the ones…” Genesis analyzed

As he looked, Genesis seen a woman with pointy ears; recognizing the newman in her scientific attire that was bright as her hair. Then his gaze moved upon a man with rope like hair coming down; darker toned in complexion with a tall lean build, it gave Genesis the impression of him being the genuine hunter. Instantly Genesis’ head felt like it was on fire, with a mild yelp; he didn’t want to draw attention but, the pain was severe. So severe that he had to take a knee on the ground; as the burn continued he was being shown glimpses of images run through him – not knowing what these are truly just lead to his confusion even more.

“Why… why are these… what are these… images…” Genesis breathed

After the 60 agonizing seconds, Genesis head began to cool down; his pain relieved. As this recovery was happening; Genesis taken one last look to see but, to realize that the people along with Cipher was gone. He taken double takes to make sure; only to come with a mild disappointment but, the experience wasn’t for naught and he quickly fixed himself – going along his way.

Somewhere on the planet Lilipa… within an abandoned base…

Sitting on what appears to be a mechanical monstrosity as it lied decommissioned; Reign seen that Genesis made his return. She already felt he had a lot to say; as he came within range for speech, she spoken out to him.

“So… you are officially an ARKS now… congratulations…” she said with an unenthused tone

“Thank you… Reignsuku…” Genesis replied

Then a smirk painted her face, “I feel that wasn’t all that happened… was it?”

With the statement said; nothing held Genesis back from explaining.

“No… during my indoctrination; I have come across the one you predicted for me to monitor… her name is ‘Cipher’” Genesis said

“You do not need to tell me the name… I already know…” Reign returned

This peaked Genesis curiosity, before he can even ask Reign continued.

“Before you even ask… I wanted you to have the experience first-hand… to see the young beauty before your very eyes…”

With that Genesis stood quiet as she did answer his thought.

“Now you know who you are dealing with… what you feel would also serve as your aid under my demands; do not forget that.” Reign said

“Yes… I will not forget my savior…” he paused, “… also, I seen a couple others with her… but…”

Before he can finish, Reign interrupted him.

“Do not approach him… he is none of your concern; your objective is the caseal… nothing else…” she said

“Many apologizes Reignsuku, it was unintentional event and it won’t happen again…” Genesis said

“Good… now go; continue your ‘training’ with the ARKS… there are some places I want you to go to…”

“Yes… of course; what is it that you wish… Reignsuku…”

-END CHAPTER 2-
Red and Blue Void [/SPOILER-BOX]

Chapter 3
[SPOILER-BOX]**AN: To make this short, this was inspired by one of Zenobia's characters and getting to know it better; I decided to intertwine her alongside my other character upon which; does this when she encounters potentials... I won't spoil it for the story is right below this statement! Anyway enjoy! Also forgive anything that you see - if you'd like to enhance and what not then leave what you'd like to. The story is here for ones enjoyment of another's passion! END AN**

================================================== ============================

As ancient and unripe flames grow a kindle, there is yet another, whose light never gone out. Never flickered, moving steadily as it emanated its ominous glow. Like but unlike any other, it has a purpose; it differs from the many for it's ambiguity and none ever understood. Though once it comes into reach - it will... consume.

"He has returned..." ??? said

- CHAPTER 3-
The Flow of Corruption

Sitting atop a plateau of an undiscovered planet, the sight which Exodus made his stand against the inclination, a dark skinned woman stood. Standing at a daunting height for a newman, she possessed the body of what one may idolize as a god. With a well-define cut that blissfully boasted the power within; sharing a beauty on its own interpretation. As the newman opened her eyes, the glow of gold shined upon her irises as she looks over this site.

"Such a rich history... you made this site your relic... Exodus..." ??? said

As the newman continues to look, yet another individual made their appearance, a human. Unlike her counterpart, this female was much closer to average in her race setting; wearing garbs that marked her out to be a Force. Once she joined the newmans side; she spoke.

"Master..." the human bowed, "... we have been waiting at this place for days..."

"Patience child..." ??? said "... I am not done..."

The human became a bit sullen, "Awwwh, this site already turned into ashes... a very noble conflagration made its mark here. Beautiful, very beautiful sight, I like the aftermath, but its not good when I didn't make it!"

The newman turned her head and the human continued with their plea.

"Please, please please please, Master Flow... I want to cure something up already - I want to see it transmute before my eyes into the black char." the human then taken in a deep breath, "... ahhh the smell, I want to reproduce the smell, much like this one here. Please, its making me nautious not doing it."

Flow couldn't help but to let out a chortle and the human continued.

"This site... is, no... it has inspired me enough to recreate it... No, to make an EVEN better one. Please master, you are holding me from my passion..."

As the human held on to her master, Flow lowered her eyes.

"Ah yes... you will get your time... Duma..." Flow said

Duma had celebrated a bit and Flow continued.

"But, mind your tone next time... young one..." she chastized

Duma held her mouth and bowed on the ground, "I am sorry master, forgive me, its just that I envy this place... its really annoying me while its inspiring me. I'd really want to outshine its glory."

"I know..." Flow said, "... your glory will be realized..."

Duma's apology became groveling, "Oh master... why do you make such promises to me - it's... making me quake. I praise your holy name, you brought many of my blessings into fruition but this..."

"Are you doubting my wisdom?" Flow said

"No... not at all master!" Duma said

"Then rise, the profound waits for nobody. As we leave this place, you are on your own..."

Flow extended her arm toward the sky, pointing her index finger outward, then started lowering her arm slowly. As Flow had, it looked as if her finger was tearing into the sheet of reality; opening a gateway to the path. Before their departure, Duma had one last thing to say in question.

"What about you master... I know its not my place to question but..."

Before Duma can finish, Flow answered, "I am called else where, a group praises the name and I cannot ignore the invitation; their service to the profound... must be rewarded."

"I see..." Duma's expression turned sour

"Ah a face I never seen in a while on the Foyromancer, worry not, if you need me you know the pact..."

After the statement, Flow stepped into the vortex, its very essence passing over her being as it consumed; rippling afterward like water. Duma looked up at the portal, her face turned into a zest for her passion burned like a virulent flame.

"Well... time to start the show..."

Duma started cackling at the thoughts running through her mind, jumping at the vortex to make her dream a reality.

Somewhere on ???...

Upon the scenery, a lush load of flora created the thick with vibrant color hues. The fauna that roamed were very sizable and varied among its types - living in harmony. Between it, lied a small tribe of of people, a people who resembled the very likeness of newmans. Unbeknown if anyone knows the tribe exists, and to them the blessing yet to come, nevertheless these people of the cloth are forerunners who are on the verge of rediscovering an ancient study known as - magic.

On this special day occured, they celebrate, the upcoming youth of their heritage to complete the process; after millenias of study, research, and experimentation. "The Gift" as they call it has bestowed upon several of their kin. One of them who goes by the name, 'Otenba'. As they stood before their people, Otenba share many simliaries with her bretheren as well as unique. A modest young woman with a virile spirit matching in body, for it is tradition to maintain such physique.

To control as well as withstand the defining power that ichored through their veins. If one does not then they are utterly destroyed, which have happen amongest their own in earlier times. Alongside that, Otenba's short hair glowed despite its saturated color, wild, untamed as it described a bit of persona.

Upon the inaguration, the high prophet was marking each and every one of them with a symbol compassed by two rings. As the prophet made way to Otenba, he gave a smile that couldn't be seen fully on his face; continuing as he etched the makring upon her flesh. After the last, the whole congregation recited their psalm in their tongue; wanting to be heard by the very omnipresence they served. This marked the finish of their forteen day service.

As the people were going to set up the feast, the others were talking to one another; as for Otenba, stood as she looked up at the sky, till she was joined by the high prophet.

"I see, that you are taking this in..." the prophet said

"Yes... it feels new, yet not so new... nevertheless I will live up to the name..."

"I know you would... my daughter, that is why this day is very important for you..." the prophet said, "... I am proud much like our fathers before us, to see our desendants proceed."

Otenba's head turned, only to see the setiment upon the face of her prophet.

"Father... you are making that look again..." she said

"Hmmm, does it bother you Otenba?" her father said

"Yes..." she answered, "... but, not in a bad way... this is suppose to be a day of acquiesce. It's what we do..."

"Indeed, but I am too a father, who is only proud of seeing his own daughter reach a new highlight of her life... Is that wrong for me to do...?" her father said

"No... its just..."

Otenba was interrupted as her father embraced her, "I know you are not one of expressions but, you do have emotion; showing it is not weakness and its the very thing that will guide you... do you understand... my daughter."

With a reluctant sigh, "... Yes... father..."

After the reply, Otenba's father gave her a few pats on the back, letting go of the embrace - holding her shoulders as he looks upon her face again.

"Come, we have to prepare the feast - will you be the one to make the Teengas meat again?" he asked

Otenba nodded, "Yes father..."

"Oh good... aside from your mother, I always liked the way you make it..."

Once the statement was made, both Otenba and her father walked together to the court where the other tribesmen were preparing the feast...

During the celebration, the Ethra people were having a good time; using the very techniques they know to make the food - turning it into preformances before each others eyes; Otenba did the same as she was very skillful in preparing the Teengas. These and more were becoming inspirations for the next generation of Ethra people - as the childern stared in awe of their elders magic. Afterward they ate and were very merry, the moment lasted as long as it had.

Into the morning hour, as the two moons shined above, Otenba awoke from her rest - as she has yet another task to manage. With her parents at rest, she wasted no time in doing what was next; coming out of her home, Otenba made way toward the forest. Along the way, she felt something knotting around her abdominal area; it was a strange feeling for it didn't bring her pain or discomfort - rather than something capable of this is guiding her. Taking the thought in mind, Otenba pursued it.

As Otenba reached the clearing, the feeling grew stronger; questioning its meaning.

"What is this... you don't harm nor you show... am I to establish this connection? Are you what my forefathers felt?"

As the notion continued through her mind, Otenba continued, the relic she walked upon is a site were all gifted go for their enlightenment into the next path. She made step into its center and sat on her knees; lowering her head, suddenly.

"Such a strong little body we have here..." ??? said

Instantly, Otenba jumped from the unknown as it tried to caress her body. The unknown gave her a curious look in response.

"Interesting, out of the others, you are the only one who reacted this way..." ??? said

"Who dares try to touch Otenba! I never seen you ever in my existence!" looking back at the daunting figure.

??? returned with a smile.

"Ah young one, that shouldn't even be a thought, are you numb to my presence? Don't you feel it within your core?"

With that in mind, Otenba does feel a strong resonance between it and the very being standing before her; instantly her thought captured the essence.

"Approached by the dark one... who's name abides by the constant we live - Ebbonsa..."

Ebbonsa gave a grin, "Ah I see, they taught you very well..."

Otenba said nothing, and Ebbonsa continued.

"Yes... today is a holy day for you..." she started walking toward Otenba till she was at her side, looking in the opposite direction, "Such a delicate piece of flesh..."

Despite feeling the power of this omnious being, Otenba grew embarassed with her usage of words.

"Wha... what..." she quivered a bit, "... I am not delicate, I implore you to not say such things when I worked so hard." Otenba held her arm, "It taken great dedication to sculpt my own-self..."

"Oh I know..." Ebbonsa behind Otenba, grasping her shoulders, "... Now, its not the time to restrain your inner inhibitions..." increasing her grip, "... such a fine masterwork, worthy of being..." Ebbonsa lent her lips to her ear, "A vessel."

Otenba became bewildered by Ebbonsa's words yet again.

"A vessel? My inhibitions? Otenba might be off key at times but, I am weary about this 'vessel' you speak of..."

Ebbonsa let out a soft laugh, then a breath upon Otenba's ear - letting go as she makes her step before the young Ethra.

"Oh, don't you realize you owe a service to the profound..." Ebbonsa said with her back to Otenba, then she turned her head, "To be its avatar..."

Otenba stood in a mild shock as this news was becoming unraveled, Ebbonsa turned back to her - making her step toward her ear again; lending her voice.

"From there great power will be yours..." Ebbonsa paused, "The limitless funneling through the very ichor you possess... is that not what they taught you?"

Again, the very thing Otenba tried to suppress is become much more apparent before the individual.

"Wait please...we have only met in this part of my existence! Under what circumstances did I ever agree? To the terms you mouth?"

Ebbonsa smiled, "Within your sub-conscious of course..."

Otenba was astonished at the suggestion and Ebbonsa continued.

"Its where unseen pacts are made... it only becomes manifest once the conscious agrees... much like how you and your people agreed to your way of living... this is no different."

Ebbonsa paused, and breathed another, "Any denial will lead into..."

Before Ebbonsa can finish, Otenba interrupted.

"Conscious....agrees? Denial?...I do not understand... What does my sub-conscious show you that cannot be foreseen by my people."

"Every living possession has a desire... whether it is to relieve parched lips to protecting the one they 'love'..."

Otenba, allowing a bit of Ebbonsa influence beckon as she grows a fondness but, her mind snapped back.

"Why? Why choose me? Out of all the others you could have chosen? What of Otenba's brethren and sisteren?"

"I am with them now..." Ebbonsa said, "... Out of the lot, you are the most persistent... given your personality..."

The unconscionable statement threw Otenba off, as it was told that her kin is either subjecting or objecting this being before them. Ebbonsa continued.

"Many have came before you... and paved their way... I am giving you the same opportune..."

"And of those who came before me what happened to them?" Otenba asked

Ebbonsa lowered her eyes, "You will learn that... once you are one with the profound..."

"And if I object? What has happens to those whom objected?"

Suddenly, from the distance, screams were being heard as it echoed through the dim sky. Ebbonsa gave a light sound and bore her teeth upon Otenba's neck, gliding its edges upon her epidermis. Stopping near the back, Ebbonsa removed herself to say her verse.

"Then... I will eat you..."

Otenba was suddenly confounded by the metaphor; whether it was literal or not, she came to her understanding of what would happen.

"So those who objected were... consumed....?

"In a way... yes, by the very thing they refused..."

Ebbonsa stepped from Otenba and walked before her again, Otenba catching onto the notion.

"Are you saying there bodies... were overcome by the desire of what they truly wanted?"

"Mmm yes... you are catching on young one..." Ebbonsa praised

Suddenly Otenba didn't like where this was going.

"You know nothing of Otenba! How does one come from out of nowhere and speak such nonsense?!" she said, "You know nothing of what I desire! How can you easily see what is unforeseen?"

Ebbonsa stood in silence, then spoke with a warm-heart.

"Oh Otenba, there are things granted to my hindsight to see... from there I share my wealth... giving the key to those worthy... of thy knowledge."

She then turned to Otenba, now looking down at her with cold eyes.

"To refuse oneself... is merely saying you don't exist... that you serve nothing..."

A cord was struck into Otenba's heart, "I... I... I..." looking upon Ebbonsa's stance, her eyes dilated as it met hers; then later fixed by her resolve in not wanting to show her emotion.

"YOU DO NOT! I WILL NOT SUCCUMB TO YOUR WORDS NOR YOUR GOD!!"

"Refuse if you want, young one but, the realization will make its pass..." Ebbonsa grinned, "... Otenba is very strong willed... the very thing desired... by the profound..."

In reaction, Otenba fixated her hands as if she is ready to attack Ebbonsa, Ebbonsa's expression on the other hand never changed.

"My will is not so easily broken... I will not lose to you nor your silly ploys..."

Ebbonsa folded her arms and sighed, "Oh young one, this is no ploy... it is only the truth... you are worthy are you not?"

"ENOUGH!" Otenba slapped her face in preparation, "Prepare to feel the bane of my people and its ancestors!!"

Just as the quote left, Otenba started to grow ablaze, during the while she still heard the screaming in the distance - becoming concerned for her kin; another mixture of her magic intertwined with her flame. Just as Otenba was going to make the first attempt, she realized Ebbonsa wasn't before her anymore - then...

"Uuulck~...."

Otenba sounded, with Ebbonsa right behind her, now with her hand into Otenba's back - her energy quickly diminished. However, no blood runs out of this wound, instead it glows with its own light. Ebbonsa delved her hand deeper into the Ethra; making Otenba react in the most ominous way. The deeper Ebbonsa got in, the more numb Otenba became as she touched her very soul.

"Such a nice little spark... you show great promise indeed..."

-END CHAPTER 3-
The Flow of Corruption[/SPOILER-BOX]

Cypher_9
Sep 10, 2013, 09:01 AM
I know I hadn't touched this in a while; well that is because I have plans for this - such as:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_pu5OqfWCM&feature=youtu.be

Tell me whatcha' think, all of this is in the testing for me to find what is what and get use to editing again; the final product of this chapter would be MUCH better o/

Cypher_9
Feb 4, 2014, 03:12 PM
**AN: Suddenly I was inspired to continue this bit about Zenobia aka Yuri's character "Otenba". I know I have told her that I would make another chapter then. Odd months later I came around to it (also seen the typos and ugliness in grammar I seen in the first one). Did this with somewhat a careful eye, added more depth, I was before disputing which story would be much darker to use; so I used the one at hand.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this side of the story telling regarding Otenba's origins - it's imagery into a facet we do know; is aware of within PS(O). Information on the characters used can be referenced to the first post. Now on to the show**

- CHAPTER 3.1-
The Flow of Corruption: PII

During the moment, one of the Ethra exited out of their dome – looking upon the source of laughter. Duma noticed the Ethra chieftain immediately, now the two looking eye to eye.

“So it is you who emanates with such dark energy…” the chieftain said

“Hm?” Duma sounded, “Oh, looks like you are one of the big shots here huh?”

The chieftain tapped his staff onto the ground.

“Whatever you may have voiced, is of no importance, I will only warn once. Leave this village…”

Duma’s eyes glowed, “Oh? Did that sound like a threat? I love it when people threaten me…” she sighs, “…It will bring me great pleasure in burning them…”

The chieftain widened his eyes at the sudden passion.

“Listen, little one, you have no business here – leave now.” He said

A vein popped out of Duma’s head, “I AM NOT LITTLE!” she outburst, “I AM MORE THAN CAPABLE TO HOLD MY OWN!!” then she looked upon the chieftain with madden eyes.

“And on the contrary, I have much more business here than anywhere else. If you want to stop me, you are welcomed to try…”

The two looked at each other, seeing this power rise within Duma; the chieftain had no choice.

“Very well…” the chieftain paused, “Be prepared little one for you will feel the bane of a thousand embers!”

Duma ticked again, “Oh you are SO GONNA PAY, and I am GOING TO ENJOY BURNING YOU UP!!”

Instantly the two engaged each other – Meanwhile…

Ebbonsa was teasing the essence of the young Ethra, Otenba tried to speak; only but, moans have left her lips in the struggle of vocalization. Ebbonsa seen Otenba’s stubbornness is beyond belief; Ebbonsa brought Otenba closer to her – lending her words.

“Now my young Ethra, this is what your GOD is capable of doing. To touch your every essence, having no choice but to be obedient; however, it is not for naught for I will tell you of a prophecy – only this will seal your fate…”

Otenba having no choice but to listen and feel what Ebbonsa is doing – at the very moment Otenba can feel Ebbonsa’s smile crowning her face.

“At this very moment, your people will be killed; wiped from existence by one who commands fire.”

Otenba’s eyes widened, not knowing whether to take this as truth; Ebbonsa continued.

“This Foyromancer demands flames at the tips of her fingers; curing everything she touches. It brings her great pleasure as she makes it an art – even at the death of others…”

With the last statement, Ebbonsa can feel a bit of Otenba’s emotion rise. Getting exactly what she wanted; Ebbonsa nurtured the passion.

“Yes, I feel it, your will to save your people, your friends, your family… Question is; do you have what it takes? Can you defeat one who threatens the existence of your lineage?”

Otenba’s inner conflict rose, unable to move; she can only help but, sit there subjected – Ebbonsa added more.

“This feat, you cannot do on your own for the Foyromancer wields great power. If you truly want to save your tribesmen; pledge yourself to the profound – your unyielding servitude. In return I will grant you my wisdom as well as my power. You already know from our current bond, that I am no false god.”

After the statement, Ebbonsa quickly removed her hand out of Otenba’s back; Otenba fell on the ground, gasping for air as if she held her breath for hours. With her wind recovering, Otenba was looking at the ground – sweat dripping; pondering on what she should do.

Thinking about Ebbonsa’s offer long and hard, the result of her decision would bear its weight either way. Suddenly, a burst of fire exploded in the distance, a tower of flames reached many apex’s in the air. A gust of heat blew past them; Otenba raised her head seeing that the explosion came from her village. Ebbonsa stood looking at the young prospect, teasing her a bit more.

“The Foyromancer has already started…” Ebbonsa paused, “…Time is running out for your people, now is the time to make your pact – what will it be young Ethra?”

Once the statement was made, yet another explosion made its introduction; giving more of its wind – now carrying the smell of flesh with it; this stirred Otenba’s heart, now wanting to be there immediately for her people. She finally got on her feet, as she did, Otenba turned to Ebbonsa.

Ebbonsa had seen the dark expression marked Otenba’s face – knowing the answer. Otenba on the other hand, finally making terms with her will.

“I…” with a bit of hesitation, “I… will accept your terms; I will be this avatar, only to save my people; please I beg of you – lend me your strength. Ebbonsa Sire.”

With such, Ebbonsa lent a chortle of pleasure; knowing the Ethra made the right choice. Otenba still had her head lowered, now suddenly raised by Ebbonsa – looking eye to eye with her.

“Do not weep young one for ‘this is supposed to be a day of acquiesce’…”

Otenba caught her sudden use of her own words to her father; Ebbonsa continued.

“This is a day of exuberance; your celebration, your ascension to greater heights. Your passion lead you to this, now, accept this ‘gift’ for you will become a part of the gods you so highly praise.”

The notion had made Otenba quiver a bit, as her fear played a role despite her bravery; to think of becoming such omnipresence was unfathomable. Ebbonsa gently embraced the Ethra, now locking her lips onto her – suddenly a dark flow of energy stemmed from Ebbonsa as her blood; her essence enters into Otenba.

Otenba in reaction started drinking the flow of fluids as it runs down her throat; with it, she felt a growth happening within her. As if she was being purified for the first time, the sensation ran through her veins; bringing great warmth throughout her body. Her tribal markings began to glow crimson as the embodiment of Ebbonsa begin to take hold as it merges with the Ethra.

Ebbonsa ending the lip lock gave Otenba a few words.

“Yes, take it all in; become one with the profound…”

Stepping back as she observes her handy work, the swirl of energy encompassed Otenba – then it consumed her; now within her own cradle, a womb of dark energy. Within, Otenba’s body was transforming under the influence; granting her attributes that shared the likeness of Ebbonsa before her but, in Otenba’s own mental design. The moment did last too long as Otenba herself busted out of her own encasing – absorbing the rest of residual energy.

Ebbonsa looked down at the kneeling Ethra; her hair now highlighted with neon blue and a bit wilder, her eyes now goldenrod – a change from her previous brown. Otenba now sees what Ebbonsa promised, in reaction she got on her other knee; bowing. Her fear became respect, now knowing Ebbonsa for her other inclinations – Otenba wanted to share her gratitude.

“Flow… I see now, this is your ancient inclination… A name held by another lord...”

Flow let off a hearty laugh, “Mmm yes, only one of them; though most common, you can address me as any you desire; even my true name.”

This gave a shock through Otenba’s body, given such an honor; however, Otenba’s respect was greater.

“I-I cannot utter such for my obedience is like no other, sire; my lips are unclean and I must follow your covenant.” Otenba lowered her head, “Now if I may, with your permission…”

Before Otenba can finish, Flow gave her the answer.

“No need to ask when it was already given to you – my child…”

Otenba looked up at Flow as she continued.

“Now go, ‘Profound: Lost’, show the power you wield – protect what is left of your heritage…”

Within that instant and without question – Otenba with her new entitlement have vanished. This entertained Flow as she already became accustomed to her powers.

Back at the village, the chieftain and Duma was still quarreling with one another. Others who tried to aid the chieftain were victims of Duma’s flame. The chieftain however, was keeping up with the force; but, her ability was unexpectedly daunting on him.

“Ughh, I never thought such a little body was capable of such power… I commend you.” The chieftain coughed

“AGAIN, YOU CALL ME LITTLE!!” Duma then gave a wicked grin, “However, it makes me feel SOOOO good that you PRAISE ME. NOW KNEEL AND BEG FOR YOUR LIFE!!”

The statement made the chieftain tapped his staff on the ground hard, “No, I shall not bow before the little one. I only praise Ebbonsa, our one true king!”

“’Ebbonsa’ huh? Don’t you know I am her herald?!”

The chieftains eyes widened, and Duma taken advantage of his surprise, “Now, DIE!!”

With a snap of her finger, a spark grew aflame, “TAFOIE!!” Duma called out

Instantly the chieftain was consumed by a flash of fire that imploded then exploded as a pillar – affecting him greatly. This made him fall to the ground on his knees, once Duma seen this, she made mockery.

“Yes, yes YES, I did it! I made you bow before me…” she began to laugh madly
Just as Duma was relishing in the moment, Otenba suddenly appeared beside her father; now dropping on the ground. The smell of burnt flesh made it to her nose looking to her surroundings. As Otenba realized she was right by her father, she instantly kneeled before him – holding him; looking to see if he is okay.

Her father on the other hand didn’t know who was cradling him, sensing another dark energy yet it was too familiar to him. As he looked up weakly, he seen his daughter; a smile came over his face as she sees her expression of concern.

“I see, that you finally made it home…” her father coughed

Otenba held her father, “Please, do not speak; I don’t know how to say this. I…” she looked to the side, “I can feel your essence slipping away; talking only makes it worse.”

After her statement, her father laughed, this only made Otenba worry more but, he stopped her from further insisting by holding her lips.

“Otenba, my only daughter, there is something… I need to tell you…”

Otenba gave her full attention, as she was going to receive the truth from her father. She feels his heart racing for it was something he neglected to tell her but, seeing it to be the right time.

“As you already… know, our kin have been serving Ebbonsa for a very long time… Despite our true origin, our ancestors origin; have rebelled against their creator… Thus… our affinity was taken away as punishment for… our hubris…”

The chieftain continued weakly, “It taken millennia… after millennia to restore what was… *cough* ours to begin with… And… today, today was, no… is the anniversary of the day. Now you, stand before me… taking your role foretold. Foretold was our fate but, one will… carry… our… legacy…”

As Otenba’s father was fading in his words, she gripped him; holding him closer. With this moment, he gave his last words to her ear.

“I am… proud… of you…”

With the last, her father finally passed; with this, Otenba let out a shriek.

“HAAAAAUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHH!!!”

Now, for the first time, a tear ran down her eye; then it multiplied. Otenba, be known to her father never cried – even in strain. All of the emotion she has held was being released as Otenba felt the loss of her father; the one who told to embrace her emotion. Holding her father close to bosom, she cradled his body tightly – not wanting to let go. That was till she was interrupted.

“Hey, you!” Duma yelled

Otenba said nothing, and remained holding her father. Duma continued with her voice.

“Where did you come from, are you one of these fun people?” Duma chuckling, “That man you are holding – he was a lot of fun to play with; wielded spells I never seen before – especially his flames. Quiet encouraging to see; do you have the same?”

As the human sigh in pleasure, Otenba remained quiet; as anger boiled within – Duma felt the sudden growth of photons emanating from her. So much it can be seen flowing out of her; this excited her.

“Oh my, I feel I made someone angry. Is that corpse someone important to you?” she teased

“SILENCE!!”

The sudden bark made Duma raise her brow; Otenba then lowered her father’s body – lying it down upon the scorched earth. After its positioning, Otenba rose from the ground, now addressing the Foyromancer.

“The one you have bested, was my father, he have taught me many. Now with him passed, I hold his words as hard as the precious Crysalist of our moon…”

Duma blinked as the sudden poetry; Otenba continued.

“Tell me, Foyromancer, have you experience – loss?”

With the question in mind; Duma taken the moment to think, “Hmm, nope!” she laughed

“I see.” Otenba said, looking back at her father’s lifeless body; then she looks back at Duma in a cold stare.

“Foolish is the selfish, you care not only but, your pleasure. Such pleasures will be punished!”

Instantly, a furious glow burst out of Otenba as she flowed with the power graced to her. To Duma’s surprise, the ambiguity of this Ethra only excited her; to Otenba, this was her true inauguration of her destiny.

“You shall be graced by a power hidden for ten millennia – be prepared to atone for your sin against my people. In the name of Ebbonsa, I will erase your existence – little one…”

The title made Duma ticked again, now being said by this Ethra.

“YOU TOO?!” she yelped, “OHHhhh you are just making this day even better. Don’t you see where that led your old man?! HUH?”

Otenba stood silent and Duma added more to her verse.

“Fine, I will just have to conflagrate this place along with you! To make such a pure hell – only then my passion will be fulfilled. Only then I will be sated from that meaningless term that parts your lips!!”

Duma became ablaze, as swirling fire consumed her but, not harming her. Entering another state herself, the things around her began to combust on their own; even the ground itself as it turned molten. Looking at Otenba, she only had a few words.

“Don’t disappoint me…”

-END CHAPTER 3.1-
The Flow of Corruption:PII

Zorafim
Feb 4, 2014, 06:48 PM
You've been writing for nearly a year, and I only now find it? Seems like your story isn't getting much traffic, I'm sorry about that. I kind of like what I'm reading, though. I'm still fairly early on, but your writing isn't that bad. And I'm liking your characters so far.

Cypher_9
Feb 4, 2014, 10:12 PM
@Zorafim It's okay, kind of the risk I take on here. Earlier than this, I had a couple folk reading this - I am glad however this is rediscovered. Also glad that you enjoy the read as well as the characters.

I'll get on with it and tweak some things here and there with previous stuff - that including other chapters. Also I would like to read your story, I am curious!

Zorafim
Feb 4, 2014, 10:21 PM
My chapters are short. I tend to chew on each word I write, so you can speed through it pretty quick.

Zenobia
Feb 9, 2014, 06:41 AM
God I cannot get enough of your stories, I don't see why this thread doesn't get enough credit as is. Once again another good read really looking forward towards more of your chapters.

Cypher_9
Aug 13, 2014, 07:29 PM
**AN: Another release of my chapter I revisited and now posted on here - I tried not to rush this one; still trying to get the feel of how the ARKS military complex would be like. Even reintroducing a theme that I never seen on PSO2. Anyway, this is the side of the ARKS that have its very own mystery - hope you like it. If there are any mistakes then feel free to point them out.

Also I would love to know any other players who play a 'militiant' role on the game so I can add them to this part of the story. I could only remember a few. Will either add more to this post (story content) or just go with the next part of this.

***MADE CHANGES TO FIT NEXT CHAPTERS***

Timeline of ARKS GUARD: Yamanaka Kira

AP 206: The birth of Yamanaka Kira: Yoel her father and Mirei her mother.
AP 214: Personally trained by her parents to be ARKS
AP 222: Drafted into the ARKS GUARD (AG) – Purachina was created.

AP 225: Was transferred to the 22nd Brigade; meet Yohan for the first time.
AP 228: Succeeded in the push back of DARKERS on Lilipa – Kira gained the title “Honor Guard” by Yohan
AP 228: Kira promoted to Captain by Yohan recommendation - Harken, Fox, Joe, Riika and Purachina placed under the command of Kira’s Company – Codename: GEIST

AP 231: The Purge of Naberius Incursion…
AP 237: Kira trains the new generation of ARKS into the Guard
AP 238: . . . Current time – Commemoration of the 22nd Brigade: 4th Division's new Brigadier; Promoted to Major.

The origin, ARKS, were made to seek - to learn of different life, cultures, and energies that exist - under the name of their madien: ORACLE. Upon her voyage, have discovered a hostile planet whoms inhabitants were deemed as DARKERS. DARKERS are the anomoly that consumes living and non-living matter; the anomoly have threatened the ORACLE - and many ARKS have perished.

In response, the ARKS have created the GUARD, the formal scientist turned militant; making it their sworn duty to eliminate all DARKERS. However such justiced did not go without its travesties; its perils, and its losses.

Despite such, the GUARD remained vigilant in their way and managed to survive through their hardship. As other groups manifested after - the GUARD remained as the pride of the ORACLE.

Now the ARKS are picking up the pieces of the formal war – rebuilding. Within this time, the survivors are now the examples for new and upcoming ARKS. This is the story of Yamanaka Kira, now Major of the ARKS GUARD 22nd Battalion.

-Chapter 4-

Yamanaka Geist

Present time -- On the ARKS Fleet Ship: UR

Its corridors were quiet for its residents remain at rest before the start of their day. For others, it was only beginning, for punctuality serves as an important quality under the ARKS Guard Military Corps. Within her quarters, Kira awoke from her bed; as she had, Kira taken the moment to look out the window of her room. The early morning setting filled Kira with thoughts of her up and coming day – remembering from the day before; notified of a transfer to command the 21st and 22nd Brigade. This transfer would be Kira's new Brigadier.

While occupied with thoughts, the lights suddenly turned on, as Kira gave attention; was greeted by her longtime partner in arms standing patiently. A caseal that shined of platinum, marksman, analytical and technical support of Battalion WOLF >> Company GEIST – her name, Purachina.

“Good morning master, I hope you slept well?” Purachina asked

“Good morning Pura…” Kira rubbed her eye

“Are you ready for today’s appointment? It must be exciting to get a new Brigadier for our brigade…”

Kira got up from her bed, now staring into space, “Yes, I am, as for the excitement – well I am a bit disheartened upon what happen.”

“Yes, Brigadier General Keghan, his virulent methods lead the ARKS into key victories.” Purachina said

"To what cost? If it weren't for him our division wouldn't be so destablized, the lost of life so great, not even one is an excuse…” Kira sighed, “… I wish things have taken a different approach – we ourselves barely made it. It was only thanks to him we are here right now...”

Kira then looked down, Purachina seen the expression on Kira’s face, “Master, are you still thinking about him?”

“…” Kira said nothing

As Purachina got no response, she let off another expression – in relation to what almost happen to her, Kira and the rest of her battalion.

“Master, even when we have faced such difficulty – I would have not let anything happen to you. I know our formal commander have claimed the same - his bravery have outweighted the decision Kehgan has made for the rest. In my, astonishment, the amount that have followed the formal has been a sight. It showed their support in him - his connection to them; treating them as his own. In that, I can say that I am proud to have served under him; and you for you are to take his place. As our new Major - Master."

With the statement, Kira turned to her companion.

“Thanks Pura. That means a lot to me, that even a CAST can see the truth in a person. No offense.” She said

"No offense is taken master, it is a geniune statement. I still seek to understand, you more so than ever. Master." Purachina said

"If you keep this up you are well on your way Pura, you are closer than you may think, and in that I am happy to have you as a partner." Kira smiled

Purachina, in her own 'emotion', was satisfied with Kira’s response and expression. However Purachina still thinks Kira is hurting inside as she was told before; to reinforce the fact, she had to ask.

“Master, will you be okay?”

“Yes…” Kira rose, “…let us get to the main hall.”

Purachina nodded, “Yes master.”

Within the moment, Kira prepared herself for the morning, taking a cold shower – the usual being a solider of the ARKS GUARD. After, she has suited up in the standard BDU: Guard Wing – colored black with red accents. Kira also fitted her chin guard along with putting on her Beret Cap; also red as it compliments her blue eyes.

Ready for the day, Kira and Purachina exited out of their quarters; walking down the corridors of Ur. Along the way, the two have given their salutes to officers along the way, coming toward the elevator. The two entered, activating the lift by punching in their code, now leading them down to the ARKS UR Military Corps lobby.

As the lift came mid-way, the two seen the splendor of the planet Naberius - out of it Kira instantly remembered the years as if it was yesterday.

[“Hey Kira, nice to meet you – I am Adel, Yohan; but you can call me ‘Bullethead’… Major Bullethead.”]

Kira narrowed her eyes as the memories kept flooding her mind.

[“Bah, this should be easy for ya… all we have is trees here. Scenery looks nice too.”

“Sad we have to kill these animals for target practice but, it is not wasted – it all goes to a chef; well renowned for his cooking, has a daughter that is inspired too.”

“Shit, darkers are coming – remember the trees I spoke of; let’s head over to them!”

“Well that was close but, we made it – just know I won’t let anything happen to you…”]

Kira grasped her head and Purachina noticed – expressing her calculation of the action.

“Master, your heart rate has dropped below normal levels…”

Before Purachina could ask, Kira held her hand out toward; noting Purachina.

“I am fine, don’t worry; I’ll be fine.” Kira responded

Purachina couldn’t help but to worry about Kira as the war still weight heavily in her mind. Kira still thought about her old comrade; still thinking about the last line he has said before his death. Kira remembering the promise she have made; an oath to his honor.

“I promise you I will… I will make anew.” Kira breathed

Once the lift made its stop, the doors opened beaming a soft green light; the two stepped out as they entered their Gate Lobby – a vast version of the current one used by trainee and other personnel for dispatch. Though what was different about this lobby was the fact it was connected to another floor below – which served as their briefing hall.

As Kira was coming down the steps; one of the squad members demanded the attention of the rest.

“Attention! Major Yamanaka of the 22nd battalion WOLF presides!” Fox yelled

Instantly all the soldiers present lined up and saluted their new commanding officer of their company – letting out a ‘HuRah’ chant after. Kira acknowledge their comprehension and raised her hand.

“At ease…” she said

After that, most have gone back to their casual stances; a few of the WOLF platoon members came up to Kira and called out.

“Aye, lookie here, our new Major arrives to command Battalion WOLF – nice.” Harken said

Fox gutted him with an elbow, “Harken, you know that is no way to speak to your commanding officer…”

“Geez, what was that for, good thing I am wearing this armor else I would have been dead…”

As Harken teased again, Fox started throwing more blows to his gut; Kira couldn’t help but to let an agitated smile furrow her lips – breaking up the couple.

“Behave yourselves; this isn’t about me today – it is about the new commander assigned to us. It is bad enough our forces have been reduced; let alone lead the 4th Division...” She paused

“Yeah, that Keghan fellow, I wouldn't say he was a good guy, I understand his methods; but, he was a bit looney. The same can be said about our other brigadiers...” Harken said

Fox nodded in agreement, "Yes, I know it is not my place to say but, I do not know what possesed them to keep with Keghan. Many of my friends from the other battalions either perished or was badly wounded..."

"Yeah I hear ya..." Harken said, "... you know if it weren't for my skill on the field - you wouldn't be here today."

Out of that Fox slugged him one on the shoulder. Kira couldn’t help but to shake her head upon how the conversation turned comical. Suddenly, Ukoshi Riiko, battle medic of WOLF came up to Kira with some files on a tablet.

“Sir, permission to speak!?” Riiko cried

“Granted, what do you have there?” Kira asked

“W-well, first I wanted to congratulate you on your promotion… You did a fine job sir.” Riiko blushed

“We all did a good job; if it weren’t for you guys astuteness and clarity on the field – well; it would have been worse.” Kira thanked

Fox, Harken, and Riiko gave their genuine expressions as Kira gave her praise; after that Riiko handed Kira the clip board showing data on the tablet.

“These are… a few proposals – mainly for the medical cor. Past methods… made it difficult to assess the wounded effectively. I-I could have perished if it weren’t for Harken; many more could have died due to the technology then. I even had to reinvent how stimulants can be taken in; and use other methods.”

“I see…” Kira scrolling through, “I know how good of a doctor you are… and we don’t want to lose such a vital asset; I will see to it that these are implemented…”

“Thank you, thank you sir! I appreciate your support!” Riiko said

Kira nodded in recognition; suddenly she takes notice of the marshal. Instantly Kira called attention to the others.

“Attention! Face forward! ARKS Marshal Gene Stark walks the podium!”

As Kira stood in the middle of every other ARKS militant; she gave her salute – the others followed after giving their recognition. Marshal of the Guard: Stark gradually made it up to the podium looking upon his UR military corps – he pointed to Kira and signaled her to take the stand by his side along with the two brigadiers of Division IV. Instantly Kira followed with such poise and joined Starks side; giving a salute him and to her fellow commanders.

Stark returned the same and the two turned back to the company.

“My fellow ARKS, I would like to thank you for making it today – for today we must reflect upon what has happened in our past. Ten years ago we have faced a great travesty in our quest for peace against the dakers; with that came great sacrifices. One of them is our own, formal commander Keghan of the 4th Division made his pass; but this pass was without victory – a victory in the name of the ARKS!”

The troops gave their chant yet again; repeating – then President Stark raised his hand and all have calmed down.

“Before I introduced your new Brigadier, a few promotions I want to address. First off, the new Brigadier General of the 4th Division; Sergki, Valon – despite the misfortune that befell him; he have shown great valor on the field against the DARKERS. Bringing 51% of his brigade home; come and receive your lapel for you deserve this.”

Valon moved from his spot – standing before Stark as he pins the new rank onto his collar. After the marshal gave a salute and Valon returned in such a divine fashion. Valon returned to his neutral position, now the marshal eying Kira as she was next to be announced.

“Now for our next promotion, I want to personally congratulate Yamanaka Kira; upon her rank into Major. Her dedication and persistence have brought you here to see another day – a day of peace and in commemoration to those who helped her through; I as well as they are proud of you.”

Then Stark turned toward Kira; in action to give her, her pin in rank. In the same lime light, Kira didn’t feel comfortable at all – in the fact Yohan wasn’t mentioned for he was in contest with Keghan and his methods along with the other two brigadiers in the same. Which caused a separation of WOLF from their brigade, if it weren’t for that rebellion; Kira knows for sure all of them would have been dead. However Yohan have shown what other commanders didn’t – compassion for his battalion; as if they were his family.

Suddenly Kira felt a hand on her shoulder; she looked up and seen the expression on Marshal Starks face.

“Are you okay Major?” Stark asked

“Y-yes sir, forgive me.” Kira responded

After their exchange, the two gave salutes to one another; then the company gave their roaring chant. Then the president settled them down again.

“Without further delay, I would like to introduce to you; the new commanding officer of the 21st and 22nd Brigade.”

As Stark pointed; the rest turned to see who it is – the man arriving upon the podium wore the standard BDU: Sharp Order for males but, it was all colored in various purples. His hair was wild, untamed like a wolf as it was shaded in purple with lighter tips and streaks. Most of all as he made is approach to the mic – he taken a glance at Kira. His golden eyes looking into Kira’s own; to her expression, it is as if, she had seen a ghost…

“Y-Yohan?!” Kira thought

-End Chapter 4-

Yamanaka Geist

yoshiblue
Aug 13, 2014, 07:50 PM
Aw yeah, he's back.

[SPOILER-BOX]Sadly I don't really have much to offer in military ideas and always have to fight the urge of breaking into slice of life. Hopefully someone can help you. Maybe Joe, Enforcer or Sacrificial?[/SPOILER-BOX]

Cypher_9
Aug 15, 2014, 11:59 AM
Aw yeah, he's back.

[spoiler-box]Sadly I don't really have much to offer in military ideas and always have to fight the urge of breaking into slice of life. Hopefully someone can help you. Maybe Joe, Enforcer or Sacrificial?[/spoiler-box]

That is a sound idea; hopefully they get to read this as well as others who may be interested.

Sacrificial
Aug 15, 2014, 08:15 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]Only at chapter 1 atm, but what about military idea's? ^^[/SPOILER-BOX]

Cypher_9
Aug 17, 2014, 01:59 AM
[spoiler-box]Only at chapter 1 atm, but what about military idea's? ^^[/spoiler-box]

Awesome, read on, and the ideas - well I would like to know if I am doing proper salutes correctly in adressing the higher command. The most I seen was from movies but actively trying to remember from the RL visuals.

Also I need a roster of Military type players as mentioned - a few named by yoshiblue :3

So I can add them within the divisions of the ARKS Military Branch

Cypher_9
Nov 8, 2014, 11:38 PM
**AN: Taken an approach that was much more appropiate - this would influence some things in the previous chapter which I will tweak. Anyway enjoy this piece - I hope you like it**

… the Guard; specifically the 4th Division were assigned to quell unknown activity surrounding the northern most part of Naberius. However the use of the entire division made concern arise – conflict between their colonel: Keghan and its major: Yohan; ultimately separating the battalion from the division – escaping from an early fate.

-Chapter 4.1-

Ghost Memories

Seven years ago…

AP 231 / 4 / 13 Naberius Forest

ARKS Guard Battalion: WOLF
Company: GEIST

[SPOILER-BOX] “Come on, we must keep moving!” Yohan said “Shoot any darker you see, we are not going to be held up by them!”

“Sir, a swarm is beginning to immobilize – satellite feed displays Darker infestation by eighty-thousand and growing; ninety-kilometers ahead southeast.” Purachina calculated

“Great… they are sending a whole damn army. That is near the destination we have to go to; we may have to get our hands dirty after all… can you notify the rest of the brigade of our ‘company’”

“Yes Major…” Purachina started her broadcast, “All personnel of Battalion WOLF – a Darker swarm of eighty-five thousand is approaching eighty-eight kilometers southeast from our destination. Proceed with caution – battle initiatives and data will be set for each battalion via HUD. I repeat…”

As Purachina made the battle report, Kira along with Harken were taking care of their six along with Yohan; Purachina cleared the way by sniping darkers ahead of them; though their materialization made them look on all sides. Fox maintained the unit within keeping their stride going watching for Darkers as they move and Riiko was checking everyone’s vitals in real time to assess quick medical treatment.

Continuing their stride, more and more Darkers appeared around them – Purachina notified with a warning.

“Warning: high levels of Darker photon energy detected – exercise extreme caution. Initiating Code Yellow >> Emergency Code: Attack.”

“Waa, this energy, feels so scary as if death is looking at us…” Riiko said

“Don’t let it get to you; we will make it – I know we will!” Fox reinforced

“Shit, so many of them – why won’t they just stay down!” Harken said

“We cannot lose sight of this; we cannot! Keep your guard up…” Kira responded

“Of course, I will be damned if one of these bugs ever touc--…”

Suddenly Harken tripped over a rock – as quickly as that happened a darker materialized; an El Arda ready to strike its prey. That was until it was showered with bullets by Kira and Yohan. Fox ran in and picked Harken up continuing the momentum – the El Arda fell; dissolving into nothingness.

“Thanks guys…” Harken said

“No thanks needed, we stick together as long as we can – no man left behind…” Yohan declared, “… Everyone, you will get to see your loved ones, keep them in mind; in your hearts!”

The company was motivated as they harkened upon their Major’s words. Purachina made the message live to every other platoon, noting the impact it would have - giving them hope.

Several moments later the battalions have all met up at their checkpoints – a few miles from their destination. Yohan looked around seeing, counting everyone coming up; Purachina helped the process as well as giving the current battle report.

“Battalion: LICHT /WOLF /BLUME. All majors and companies present and accounted for. Minor injury suffered from Company: PHOTON/ PARUM/ MOTAV /RICO /PIONEER /VIPER … Darker swarm of one-hundred fifty thousand is approaching sixty-one kilometers southeast from our destination.”

“Good, nobody perished…” Yohan then turned back; toward the direction they came. “Keghan, what the hell were you thinking using us as bait; you FUCKER!” Yohan cussed, “IS THIS HOW YOU TREAT ALL OF YOUR COMRADES!!”

As Yohan’s scream echoed in the distance – those around him paused; mainly trying to figure why such have happened. Kira then had taken a step toward Yohan, placing a hand on his shoulder.

“Major…” Kira looked

Yohan turned to Kira, returning with a smile.

“It’s nothing, I am just glad that you all are safe… that fool doesn’t know how to…”

Before Yohan can complete his statement, Purachina made her approach, asking the question.

“Major, what is our next course of action?”

Yohan turned to Purchina, “Pura, I want you to notify the the other battalion majors to send the medics and officers who had less than six months into the service to wait at the drop zone…”

“Roger.”

After Purachina responded, suddenly, an extreme concentration of Darker photons thickened. The scenery around them literally change into a crimson red laced with violet streams of lighting.

“WARNING WARNING WARNING – ALL BATALIONS INCITATE BATTLE ACTION. CHANGE OVER ++ CODE RED >> EMERGENCY CODE: DUEL”

“Sir now is the time…” Kira yelped

“Yes.” Yohan confirmed, now directing his attention to the company, “EVERYONE EXECUTE FORMATION GEIST -OMEGA!” Yohan expressed

The code beckoned their attention; as the battalions were going to deal with grander Darkers. Kuklundas and Gu Wonda’s manifested – making their path difficult. However, the platoon has dealt with such under a calm that most would not have in such a confrontation.

Dealing extreme blows with pure precision; many more manifested even building an offense of their own despite their ‘brainlessness’. Then a Wolgadah appeared busting through the rocks; a few more appearing after.

“Alright people; get the young safely to that zone – we are not going to let ANY DARKER through!”

Yohan, along with his company kept their focus sharp – a team like none other; WOLF were well known in their tactics and synergy when it came down to taking on a Darker. It was their duty; it is their way as the GUARD to extinguish Darkers in pure prejudice.

Within the situation – it became harder and harder but, none let up, the dropships finally arrived at its destination; picking those whom Yohan told to go. Purachina was given notification of the first group’s safety.

“Sir, eighty percent of our regiment has been retrieved – the second wave is en route.” Purachina said

“Good, tell them to get the hell out of here and don’t look back!” Yohan expressed

“Yes, Major.”

Purachina gave the signal to the ships to launch back into orbit – now the while occupying the rest of the battalion. They have held the perimeter as the darkers were closing in toward the drop site; while their army was fast approaching in Purachina’s calculation.

Coming into the bottle-neck, the second aerial pick-up have arrived – instantly Yohan asked the assessment.

“Purachina, where are the darkers most concentrated…” he said while killing a Wolgahda darker square in the head with his gunslash.

“The concentration is focused around our location – the legion is thirty kilometers away…”

“Okay…” Yohan turned, “… let everyone know now that we are going to break for it…”

“Roger.”

Within the instant Purachina notified them all – and the last were heading toward the ships; that was until.

“DANGER! EXTEREME CONCENTRATION OF DARKER PHOTONS!”

Instantly a large, behemoth-like darker has appeared; cutting Yohan, Kira, and Purachina from the rest of the group.

“A Rigshrayda!” Kira yelled

“Shit!” Yohan expressed

The rest: Harken and Fox have seen the action – the Rigshrayda raised its foot and stomped hard; creating a shock wave displacing the group. Soon after its counterpart, Zeshrayda materialized behind Kira.

“AOOORRROOOOUUUU~” it cried

As soon as Kira looked back, the Zeshrayda was ready to strike her, Yohan seen this while he was on the ground; eyes dilated as he now can only see Kira – and made it his mission to reach her.

“KIRRRAAAAAAAAAH!”

Yohan instantly got up, rushing with in-human speed, utilizing his momentum to enhance his Photon Art: Impact Slider. His determination was much like a bolt of lightning as he slid; his belief was to save her – his belief was in her for change and he couldn’t let that end by the damned Darker. Before Kira can even react, Yohan already closed in, pushing her out of the way with the light kick of his foot.

*BOOOM*

“MAJOR!” the group yelled

Kira now on the ground, and was the last one to see what has happened. Yohan, after his effort, was now crushed under the sole of Zeshrayda. Within that instant, Kira stared in helplessness, stared in an unbridled rage.

“Y-YOHAAAAAN!” she yelped

After Kira’s cry, Darker elites have appeared, Goldrahda’s appeared running toward the ships. However the two – Harken and Fox already started to engage.

“You sons of bitches YOU ARE NOT GOING TO TAKE US. HUUUHHAAAA!!”

Harken expressed as he started to unleash the fury of his Red Scorpio – Fox along with him was acrobatic with her Guld & Milla in accuracy squaring with many as she downed them; using it’s explosion to kill the others.

As for Kira, darkness loomed, the display before her was not going to leave – the image kept repeating and repeating for it was one that she have cared for deeply. In her rage, justice was the only answer, in that – only one sound made the field silent.

“HHUUAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!”

Eyes tempered by her fire – Kira rushed the very Zesh that stood on Yohan’s body; scoping its shin as she unleashed her fury. Her photon’s, much like how Yohan used to save her, enhanced her volley output as it ladled Zeshrayda’s shin with holes. Within proximity, Kira switched to her blade – the katana, ultimately breaking its shell.

Zeshrayda lost its balance; Kira used the lean to her advantage as she ran up its body – now atop its neck. The others tried looking in her direction but, still had darkers to deal with themselves – though the instant was short for Kira preformed her technique as she raised her blade.

“Asagiri…”

Then, like a blur, her arms moved at a rapid rate – “… RENDAN!!”

During this performance, the Zeshrayda’s nape was being sliced, the final blow ultimately decapitating it. Zeshrayda began to fall slowly; Kira stood on the tip of its shell – eyeing the other with bitterness.

Rigshrayda’s attention was affixed on Kira – she have used the moment to elevate herself toward it; utilizing her photons in the technique – vanishing like a ghost. Only to reappear before the Rigshrayda’s very face – about to preform her technique yet again; then she called out to her servant.

“Purachina!!” Kira yelped

And just like that – Purachina followed suit as she exposed the weak-point of the behemoth. Kira closing in to lay the final blow – with lateral, diagonal, and horizontal cuts; the Rigshrayda’s head was minced – pieces falling toward the ground. As it was falling back, Kira landed on its shell, following the momentum as it brought her back to ground level.

Dissolving back into the darkness it came; the other’s made their approach to Kira.

“Kira! Are you okay?!” Fox exclaimed

“We have taken care of the wave that just arose – everyone else is on the dropship; the only one left is you and Pura to go.” Harken said

Kira have said nothing, her eyes spoke volumes; and her voice even more so.

“I am staying – here…” she said

“Kira, you can’t…” Fox concerned

“Yeah, I know you are a bad ass but, you know you cannot remain here any…”

Before Harken can finish, Kira let her expression be known.

“I SAID I AM STAYING HERE – HAVE YOU TWO FORGOTTEN ALREADY! NO MAN LEFT BEHIND. YOU TWO GO – YOUR WORK HERE IS DONE!!”

“But, captain…” Fox

“THAT IS AN ORDER! THERE IS NO NEED FOR ANY MORE DEATHS!” Kira then looked down, “Please… just go – your words cannot convince me at this point. Let me be…”

The two looked at Kira, knowing good and well that the death of Yohan weighed heavy on her – their silence made Kira speak more.

“Go now… I will kill every last darker – I will not let any of them through…”

After that Kira turned toward Yohan’s direction – his body lifeless on the ground; with another word in mind.

“Pura…”

Before Kira can even finish, Purachina had her own words.

“Master, my obligation is with you, no matter how irrational it is. My duty is to stay with you…” she said

Kira lent a smile after the comment.

“Of course…”

Kira started walking toward Yohan, Purachina followed suit but, before they were out of proximity – she turned giving her thanks to Harken and Fox.

“I want to thank you soldiers for helping Kira – she appreciates your service as much as our late Major had. Please inform the president – the data you possess is enough to explain the actions here.”

Purachina then bowed.

“Thank you again.”

After that, Harken made sure the rest were secured – after making the rounds; the two, Harken and Fox looked back at Kira. Kira kept her focus on Yohan – with the dropship now going into orbit; Kira and Purachina were the last ones left. That was until:

“Couggh-ahhaaahg…”

Kira surprised by the sudden resurrection.

“Y-YOHAN!!”

Kira ran over to his side, now kneeling on the ground as she raised his head. Yohan opened his eyes slowly, only to see the deep blue ones looking back at him.

“K-Kira…” Yohan spoke, “…is that you?”

“Yes Yohan, it’s me…” Kira said, pulling out a few mates to inject into him, “… everything is going to be alright.”

As Kira was doing so, Yohan gained some of his consciousness back, coughing a few more times.

“I see… but, what you did – it’s stupid; you shouldn’t have stayed behind…” Yohan said

“Shut up, you know who I am, this is my choice…” Kira responded as she was bandaging him up

“Women… always so persistent…” Yohan then became silent.

Both Kira and Purachina noted his silence – Kira felt a bit embarrassed but, returned the same statement to him.

“Takes one to no one – you didn’t have to save me back there… else. This was my fault.”

As Kira looked to the side, Yohan brought her face back with his left.

“Much like you, that was my choice, either you or me; and I rather not see you get injured by such a bastard. Which by the way you handled well...”

Kira was shocked but, not so surprised in Yohan’s observation and insight – he continued.

“Actually I am glad, that you stayed; for I have one last card to play – and I need you for it…”

Kira’s grew curious to what Yohan meant; he look toward Purachina.

“Bring her down.” Yohan said

As ordered, Purachina held her arm out, just like that the photon particles started to manifest a solid object – oval shaped and a meter in its length; Kira realized this to be a bomb.

“Yohan, when did you plan to?”

“For moments like this, and it couldn’t have happened at a better time.” Yohan said, “However, this is a special weapon – it cannot be activated by anyone; only by those whose DNA can be recognized…”

With the explanation, Kira already realized it; Yohan confirming it.

“Yes, as you already figured, this bomb would only activate with our signatures – all we have to do is…”

“Touch it, simultaneously…” Kira finished.

Before Yohan can say anything else, Purachina gave the report.

“Darker swarm closing in at twenty-one kilometers…”

“We don’t have enough time, activate it now Kira!”

Within the instant, both Yohan and Kira touched the device, suddenly it started glowing. As the two looked, Yohan started to speak.

“Kira, listen carefully…”

Kira gave her attention to him, “What is it Yohan?”

“The ARKS – as we know, I feel is corrupt. We were sent here to die for a reason I came late to grasp, however, YOU must live on.”

Kira was shocked to hear his words, “Yohan, what do you mean? What is so important about me?”

Yohan smiled at her timidness, but answered, “I felt, I’ve always felt; in my heart that you can bring anew to the ARKS…”

Kira’s attention was fully affixed to Yohan and he continued.

“As the GUARD, we are loyal, loyal to the people we protect – under the guidance of law… However, this law is either misinterpreted or completely ignored…”

Yohan paused, and then he continued.

“Thus resulting in casualties like these – we may have been fortunate but; what about those poor souls still riding blindly – realizing the truth at the moment of their death…”

Yohan then raised his hand – within the instant Kira grasped it; the two looked into each other’s eyes deeply.

“That is why, my last order…” Yohan shook his head, “… my last wish to you as a friend, is…”

Yohan continued.

“To bring the LIGHT back to the ARKS! RETURN LAW AND ORDER AND PUNISH THE WICKED UNDER THE LIGHT!!”

Kira’s eyes widened, her hands tightened in reaction to his words.

“You truly believe this? Believe in me? Yohan?” she asked

Yohan chuckled, “Of course, there is no other person I can think of who has the amount of care for her people as much as you Kira.”

Out of that, Kira’s eyes glassed – her first time expressing a deep emotion with anyone; before she could say anything else.

“Darker swarm enclosing – ten kilometers… engagement is imminent…”

As Purachina voiced – Yohan and Kira’s attention was to the approaching noise; then Yohan gave one last order.

“Execute Protocol: YAMANAKA KIRA – 01007!”

To her surprise, Kira was grabbed by Purachina – her cast strength holding tightly.

“Go now, hurry while you still have the time!”

Instantly Purachina started running in the opposite direction – in reaction Kira held her toward the Yohan direction; reaching out for him.

“Yohaaaan! No please, we can go together! Let US bring the ARKS back!”

Yohan replied, “Kira! It is okay, I already did my part – the rest is up to you; IT IS YOUR DESTINY!”

With his final strength, he got up on his own feet, giving the salute in his pride for the ARKS; in Kira.

“YOU ARE THAT BEAM OF LIGHT IN BETWEEN THE MOUNTAINS!! YAMANAKA KIRA – LIVE FOR THE PEOPLE!!”

Just before they two vanished into the distance – Kira let out her last in her own weakness.

“YOOOOOHAAAAAAAAAN!!”

-End Chapter 4.1-

Ghost Memories
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Cypher_9
Nov 12, 2014, 05:33 AM
**AN: I MUST COMPLETE LEAST THIS PART OF THE STORY SINCE YA KNOW I BECAME INTRIGED AND WANTED TO INTRODUCE MORE CHARACTERS. Hope you guys like what I have so far. **

ARKS, is an organization of individuals specialized in the use of PHOTONS; whom provide their services and skill to the cause of banishing the anomaly known as DARKERS. However, despite the monogamous title – there are different types of ARKS who place their focus into other things:

Whether it’s escorting, search and rescue, or exterminating targets via bounty – ARKS SEEKER

Or to devilled into the mysteries and understanding of all existent presence or situations – ARKS INVESTIGATOR/ NEGOTIATOR

And then those who of which are organized and enforce the current by-laws that every ARKS stand by. The very first to be organized after the encounter with DARKERS; serving under the name of the ORACLE: the ARKS GUARD.

The Guard – serves as the military might of the ARKS as a whole and learns about their enemy in full scrutiny. Their training differs from many as they have to learn how to survive – to be aid for others. The Guard has executed a range of projects and weaponry to help them subdue the enemy and expand ARKS territory; as well as protect the ARKS from extinction.

However with such a complex, there is corruption abound – and one can use this power to ruin the GUARD as well as the ARKS as a whole. Though, there is always a hope within the midst of darkness – those who are there serve the purpose of change…

We will focus upon the structure that is the ARKS GUARD residing on each of their 24 ships. The President along with the Marshal of the Guard commands these army groups - which they are their own corperation or CORPS upon said ship.

ARKS Ship Ur: UR GUARD MILITARY CORPS (UGMC) // FOUR DIVISIONS

DIVISION I: ALIS – Commands Brigades 1~6
DIVISION II: ROLF – Commands Brigades 7~11
DIVISION III: RHYS – Commands Brigades 12~18

[DIVISION IV: CHAZ] – Commands Brigades 19~22
BRIGADIER GENERAL of DIVISION IV: Dominic, Keghan (formal, deceased)
Sergki, Valon (promoted from Brigadier of 21~22)

BRIGADIER of BRIGADE 19~20: ENFORCER MKV
BRIGADIER of BRIGADE 21~22: (TO BE ANNOUNCED)
MAJOR of the 22nd Brigade Battalion [WOLF]: Adel, Yohan (formal, deceased?), Yamanaka Kira (Current)

Kira’s story will continue – as she is introduced to her new Brigadier of the 21st and 22nd Brigade…

-Chapter 4-

Geist of the 22nd

If you missed the first part - it is right here (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3176282&postcount=8) with new detail and changes due to proceeding chapters.

[SPOILER-BOX]
“Without further delay, I would like to introduce to you – Yodel, Aden.”

As the unfamiliar name was said, many have looked at the new resident of Ur, especially Kira whom she has not heard of the name before despite knowing every commander on each of the twenty-four ships. Though in her eyes – this man is the spitting resemblance of the late Yohan.

“Yodel, is a formal division brigadier commander of Agur, hearing of our tragic loss – he made it his initiative to rebuild our 4th Division along with Sargki and Enforcer…” Stark then turned to Yodel, “… do you have any words for us son?”

As the podium was given, Yodel made his speech known – clear to the many.

“Hello, I know many of you have not heard of me but, I will make it my job to work with each and every one of you. I will treat you as if you are my kin – as such I hope you all learn the same; as for the one before you, Yohan, have made a great sacrifice in his fight against what he believe. Bold are the foolish, brave in the wise, these very words describe Adel Yohan. He may have been foolish in defying his ranking commander but, I say his wisdom have saved those that he loved…”

There was a mild pause as everyone was absorbing the words from the unknown – upon how well versed he is about a man he never met personally. Yodel continued.

“… with the spirit in mind – I will honor his name; his legacy, and his comrades, in the name of the 22nd!”

After that speech, the 22nd , mainly company WOLF gave their shout out, noting the name of the late major; most of all Kira herself was touched by the speech. One who was not known before – gave recognition to the one who brought them back. Within the instance, Yodel gave a glace to Kira – suddenly a vision rushed into Kira’s mind.

Glimps into a fragmented memory…

[-- “I am glad, that she is going to be safe… as for you motherfuckers –.” Yohan turned toward the swarm coming up, “—you will not have that chance. YOU WILL NOT TOUCH HER!!”

Just before the swarm came within proximity of Yohan and the bomb – everything suddenly froze; everything but Yohan. A flash of light came out of nowhere as it appeared to his side – a silhouette appeared within the light…

“I see that we are already making our atonement…” the voice said

As Yohan stared, his eyes widened in surprise. Seeing what is before him…]

… Kira was brought back into consciousness – the new commander was looking at her. To her dismay she let out a subtle yelp; this made Yodel chuckle a bit as he shook her hand.

“Nice to meet you, Yamanaka Kira, I hope you are not that easily rattled on the battlefield.”

Instantly she grew embarrassed, “I am sorry sir; I- I was just daydreaming – forgive me.”

Out of that Yodel gave her a pat on the shoulder, “No worries, I know these things can get boring – that is why I am going to stand by you for the time being. You are the only interesting thing here at the moment…”

The statement was true despite the present tense Yodel put it in as he was already standing by her. Again, Kira couldn’t help but to feel a particular familiarity to the individual bearing the likeness of Yohan. The struggle within her mind to even comprehend this was serious or a joke – one thing is for certain that she will figure out the truth. As Kira looked up at him again, her suspicion only grew, wondering who he is truly – trying to not let her emotion get the best of her. Aware of the current projects the ARKS Guard have embarked upon – especially PROJECT: JACOB.

After the Marshal have closed out his speech - every Guard given their salute and genuine chant as they hailed the name of the ORACLE. Once the Marshal stepped down from the podium as he was escorted, Aden made a comment of such to Kira.

“Hmm, I guess he is a busy man – things to do and what not ya?” he said

“Well, commanding twenty-four fleets require the utmost attention – I can understand why he cannot waste time giving small talk.” Kira replied

“True, though it is his job to survey the Guard on each ship – making sure everything is in order; even down to how his soldiers are feeling. Papers can only tell so much.” Aden added

“I see.” Kira looked up at Aden, “Yodel Aden of Agur command, it is an honor to have you join us but, what possessed you to…”

Before Kira can finish, Valon made his step toward them after speaking to Enforcer – Kira and Aden gave their salute.

“Yamanaka, I hope all is well? Also congratulations upon your rank.” Valon said

“It is thank you for your words.” Kira returned

Valon cleared his throat, “Let me not delay this any further – I came here to tell you about your formal commander.”

“Hm?” Kira sounded, “What is it that you want to express – commander?”

“Don’t take this the wrong way when I say this – but, Adele has always been brash. What he has done, it cannot be encouraged amongst the rest, and it would be detrimental for the Guard as a whole.”

Within that, Kira’s expression changed, she didn’t know what to express as this statement was made. Aden was looking at her seeing that the comment was contradicting what she have borne witness as well as the commemoration Aden himself given. However like any solider, Kira didn’t approach with anger – instead with poise to nullify the notion.

“Sir, you are correct.”

Both Aden and Valon was a bit taken back and Kira continued.

“Yes, Yohan was a bit stubborn and hardheaded, I even admit from times he was stupid at best – however…” Kira paused, “… that did not take away from the man that he was. And if his actions do bring anarchy amongst the ARKS Guard – so be it.”

Valon returned in protest, “So, does that mean you will follow the same path? Do you delude yourself with self-righteousness and pretention that you would defy me?”

Before Kira can answer, Enforcer interrupted.

“Valon, do not let her get to you, she is still unstable from the actions experienced. Granted it was a ‘miracle’ that the handful survived. It didn’t warrant what the formal did; we all should follow law, no excuse.” He said

Valon looked back at him, “Such was not beckoned, however…” he turned back to Kira, “… I won’t waste your time any further. Just know, that we are in the same unit, if we have a goal we must meet it – not jeopardize it. Understood?”

“Yes sir.” Kira responded

“Same goes for you Yodel – you have made a great sacrifice coming here and gained my respect; however as long as you are, I do not want anything wise coming out of your actions. Whatever you have done on Agur, stays on Agur.”

“Aye no problems here sir, I am just here to help; nothing more.” Aden returned

“Good, I look forward to working with you two, for a greater good.”

After that the two saluted each other – Valon and Enforcer too now stepping from the stands. With the two staring toward the direction – Aden let his words be known.

“My god, he is such a stickler isn’t he?” Aden joked

“Sir, Commander Sargki has always been like that.” Kira answered

“Well shit, he could have just given me a better welcome than ‘You better not do this’ charade” Aden folded his arms

“What do you mean sir?” Kira questioned

“Hm?” Aden sounded, “You hadn’t noticed? From his expression, I can tell, that Sargki regrets something…” he said

“Regrets? Regrets what I may ask?” Kira asked

Adel then pulls out a small tablet, giving it to Kira.

“Everything on the battle detail from Division IV is there – from Keghan’s death down to Yohan’s exposition. Purachina made a well-informed report on you guys. However this has things that were not ‘revealed’ in the regular report – as vague as they may be. I am sure you would be interested in it no?”

Kira gave the tablet a glance, noting that Aden himself knows something and is only giving her bits of the puzzle yet to be compiled. With this in mind, Kira’s suspicion grew, however her trust is in the mysterious one, thus securing it by putting the data tab into her pocket. Aden continued.

“Anyway, what you did, can only speak for itself; which I say you did a fine job.” He said, “We need more people who can see – the bigger picture.”

Kira blushed a bit in rememberance to what Yohan said to her, in that she given her credence,

“Sir, I, thank you. For your belief.” She said

“Bah, it’s nothing, I just tell it like it is. Anyway we should --.”

Before Aden was able to execute the idea, Riiko along with the WOLF company came up to the stands; giving their welcome to Aden.

“Hello, Commander Yodel! Welcome to the UGMC 4th Division. I am Ushii Riiko, the battle medic of this fair company!” Riiko exclaimed

Aden looked down, “Well hello to you too.” He said jumping down, “You can relax, call me Aden if you like.”

“Oh.” Riiko blushed, “I am sorry if I offended you.”

Aden chuckled, “No no, not at all, just all the formalities just make it stifling – I want all of us to be chill.”

“Yes sir!” Riiko said

Aden lent his smile, then turned to the others, “Yo, how is it going guys?”

“Everything is great boss, welcome to the 22nd.” Harken lent his hand, “Say, have we met before?”

“Thank you for the welcome brother.” Aden returned the shake, “Perhaps we have, I know our corps has worked together once on Lilipa…”

“Sir…” Fox walked up, saluting “… Fox, Joan formal Specialized Technologies and Analytics Gathering… it is an honor to meet you.”

“STAG eh? Aren’t they the group of professional gunners who run ‘Black Ops’???” Aden asked

“Yes sir, that is correct.” Fox answered

“What brought you to the 4th Division – STAG isn’t just something you could walk away from…”

“To make a long story short – their methods weren’t very; methodical. Here however, my talent is put to good use; the late commander showed something they lacked.” Fox said

“I see.” Aden paused, “I feel that you have a question to ask me now?” Aden said

“Yes.” Fox answered, “Sir. Is it true that you faced – Dark Falz?”

To everyone’s surprise Fox even found something like that out, they turned to Aden for the answer.

“Interesting, much like a STAG member to get sensitive info.” Aden held his chin, and then Fox spoke.

“Forgive me, sir, nothing is an acception when it comes to information; even if it seems – radical.” Fox said, “Besides, you are new to all of us – it helps to know our commander a bit better.”

“Oh it’s no problem.” Aden chuckled, “Anyway to answer your question – yes I have faced Dark Falz; but not intentionally.”

Everyone was shocked and Aden continued.

“I was merely looking into an investigation that was started on Lilipa – though the usual happened as explosions found its way to me. From there I seen Clarisa Claes the 2nd and this female looking darker – bug queen to be exact.”

The crew, including Kira was intrigued as they themselves have not faced such personally. Dark Falz, a name that was only heard in the stories, mainly those of the legendary ARKS Elite known to be the Council of Six. Volf was one of them that came from the ARKS Guard, and many hold his name to the skies as his statue stands in the middle of the main hall. Using him as an encouragement for brighter; younger Guard members. Aden continued.

“I never realized Clarisa was just a child – facing such a ‘scary’ looking thing; then again. Anyway, being the only one at the scene, I offered my services to the 2nd. Sadly she refused my offer and was telling me to get out of there as she was fighting; Falz, tried to do something funny with me but, it didn’t work since Claes was on her ass. Suddenly after that the two vanished.”

“Vanished?!” Riiko said

“Yeah, it was said the 2nd was M.I.A – she was with two of the Guard prior. However it was reported that she gone off on her own on Lilipa.” Kira said

“Oh, I see.” Riiko said, “But, that is so cool – you got to see Falz face to face; much like the legendary Volf in his day.”

“I hope to see Falz one day – put a nuke in its ass and end all this darker bullshit. Dziang you with me on this aren’t you bro?”

“…” Dziang said nothing

“Before I go, there is something I do want to address…” Aden said

The group gave their attention and he let his words be known.

“Don’t think facing Falz will be a game – if you ever do see it. I would recommend you to run…”

“But sir, it is the Guards duty to eliminate ANY darker threat – even if it is Falz itself. We made our oath that we would.” Fox added

“True, we have taken a pledge but, that does not mean you have to needlessly throw yourself on deaths door. There is nothing dishonorable in running to live – Falz is capable and the Three Heroes had a hard time with the first. So keep that in mind.”

After Aden’s statement, the group became quiet, as he seen them in deep thought – Aden beckoned unto Kira.

“Let’s go Major, we need to plan our battle strategies – perhaps I can learn a thing or two from you?”

Kira returned, “Yes sir…”

As Aden was walking toward the elevator – Kira was joined by Purachina; asking in her curiosity.

“Master, I have detected your expression from earlier…” Purachina said

Kira didn’t say anything as she continued staring in the direction – Purachina continued

“… Your assumption is correct. However I would like to share the information I gathered in our private space.”

“Agreed, for now let us debrief our new commander; perhaps a one on one would gain me the answer I want.” Kira said

Out of nowhere Aden started calling out to Kira.

“Comon~ Are you just going to gawk at me all day? I know I am handsome but, damn, we can choose a better time for that.”

After that was said, Kira grew red, while the rest were giving their soundings.

“Oooo~ Sounds like the Major has the hot’s for the new guy…” Harken breathed

“Fox, may you?” Kira said

“Understood…” Fox delivered a punch on Harken’ shoulder, “… mission accomplished.”

“The hell?!” Harken yelped

Once the moment passed, Kira finally joined Aden on the elevator – now making way to his office.....

[MORE TO COME][/SPOILER-BOX]

Cypher_9
Nov 10, 2015, 02:08 PM
Well it has been a while since I been here; all the while trying out new looks and actually finishing the story - inspiration was kindled again...:

Reflections [PSO2]: Breaking the Glass

http://i.imgur.com/GahbyAc.png?2

-=TRANSMISSION CAPSULE DECODED... BUFFERING DRIVERS... PLAYING MESSAGE...

If you are reading this, you have my praise for decoding the residual interference [From Temporal Flux]. To make this brief, I am ZION, I lead an organization known as ARKS – our duty is to suppress the spread of NEGATIVE photon; to thwart the DARK FORCE, to prevent a PROFOUND calamity foretold. Our situation is dire, the DARK FORCE occupied most of our space; we are but a remnant of our legends before us. I reach out, temporally; to whomever this message makes it to; aid us, find the one who bares my likeness. I am desperate, uncertain if I can do this alone – please I beg you, we have loss too many of our beloved ones. The line is drawn but, the corruption continues to spread; liberate us, especially you: Daughter of Exodus...

... END OF TRANSMISSION=-

More random ideas on the way, this is a placeholder thought for those who may want to build a story/ RP around.

yoshiblue
Nov 10, 2015, 02:13 PM
Was wondering where you went. Welcome back. Tis an interesting spin to the story.

Cypher_9
Nov 10, 2015, 02:49 PM
Was wondering where you went. Welcome back. Tis an interesting spin to the story.

Thanks, I'll have some dialogue prior to the extraction into the "Otherverse"

Cypher_9
Nov 12, 2015, 02:58 AM
PROLOGE:

PROLOGE – PLANET HARUKOTAN: Shidow Temple

[SPOILER-BOX] Within the Temple of Shidow, Risa along with her court and Ruu; The Sage of Photon with his assistant Naomi was preparing the RIFT GATE. During the while Cipher, Exodus, Kira, Geist stood along the side making their observations; ARKS were also present at the meeting – serving as added security with several VIPs present.

Cipher looked down at the capsule she held; pondering what awaits her, to find it strange that ZION sent a message in hopes for her to get it across the dimension. The voice in the message shocked everyone to be an exact match to her own. Rotating the object on her palm, Exodus felt the question coming up.

“I sense something is on your mind...” he said

Cipher’s attention was caught, immediately looking up at him; then forward with a solemn expression.

“Yes... I just find it interesting. I am curious to why, especially to have chosen such a name. ZION. ” she said

Exodus chuckled, “Well with most things, it is speculation; however, the articulation of the message aside from the voice, I felt it is how you would say it. I too also have other thoughts on the matter, besides that; ZION must have something really important that only you can do...”

Cipher again turned her head to him, “Sensei, surely you would have been a better candidate; I mean...”

Exodus held his hand toward her, “Now now, Cipher; there is no need to doubt yourself, ZION specifically asked for you for a reason...”

Exodus paused, making eye contact, and then looked toward the gate again.

“... Granted the situation she may not have anyone who can do what she can. And if I know my own Cipher, she takes her priorities seriously...”

A blush flooded Cipher’s face and Exodus continued.

“... Her focus is to maintain what is left; ARKS. So who is better at taking care of the harder stuff outside other than ‘yourself’...?”

After the statement, Exodus let out a hearty chuckle. Cipher placed a hand on her chin, thinking.

“I see...” Cipher voiced, “... I am honored by the invitation but, this mission seems more on the line of Kira’s operations; Naomi even, with her profound knowledge.”

Kira lifted her hand shaking her head, “As much of a pleasure it would be to see another you, the GUARD still have some things to do here... even in the times of peace.”

“Come now Kira, I know deep down you are curious to see such phenomena...” Geist nudged her shoulder

“Admiral... you are not wrong about that; if it matters then I will accompany Cipher – I have plenty of paperwork back at the office...” Kira returned

Geist waved his hands, “On second thought I am fine with guarding the lay lines of time; y’know, to keep things nice and smooth for us all...” he quipped

The lot shared their chortles in gesture. Suddenly out of nowhere, Naomi popped from behind Cipher; wrapping her hands around Cipher’s chest.

“Nyaaah, did I just hear my name; spoken by the ever so legendary lovely elegant kunoichi of all time? Admiring my sexy brain - hmm hmmm?!”

Cipher’s face turn a new shade, “N-naomi, please; d-don’t you have to... finish the preparations with Master Ruu?!”

“Nawww, we already finished~ Sides, who said I cannot have fun at work... seeing such photonic resonance in one room...”

Naomi moaned.

“... I-I am bleeding with happiness inside, my head is spinning with joy; especially for my favorite kunoichi~”

“N-naomi please... I... understand your enthusiasm but, it... it is too much.” Cipher quivered, “I would, very much prefer... if... if you didn’t fondle my breast!”

Naomi’s laughed with over exuberant joy; squeezing them even more, then Ruu intervened.

“Now now, Naomi, I know you love our friend here; but, there are proper times for such infatuation.”

“Like now master?” Naomi batted her eyes

Ruu nodded, “Yes, because any time is the best time to show your appreciation of photons!”

Before things got out of hand, Exodus let his voice be known as he grasped Ruu’s shoulder.

“Brother, let’s not get carried away now... we have to see Cipher off.”
“Yes, everything is ready...”

Everyone turned their eye to the Maiden, Risa Shidow as her smile gave the vibe of a mother looking at her children.

“I hope everyone is too yes?”

Everyone nodded in succession, then Risa walked up to Cipher; petting her face.

“My little girl, all grown up; always ready for the next task. Just like her father.”

Cipher blushed in her emotional warmth, Risa continued.

“Are you going to be okay honey?” she asked

“Yes Maiden...” Cipher nodded

Risa giggled, “You know mother would have been fine...” smiling

“S-sorry, mother; I didn’t mean to offend.”

Again Risa was tickled by Cipher’s genuine nature, “Darling, you never done such a thing, still that bright young girl I see every day. To now see you embark upon something very unique, I am saddened to hear that your sister is in trouble; but, you will be there to support her.”

Cipher was shocked to hear the expression from Risa, especially noting the other as her sister; Cipher gave it thought, making sense out of it. Risa then taken a few steps back, hands together before her in an elegant manner; addressing everyone.

“Okay, we are ready to start the ritual; Ruu, Naomi and I will recite the prayer to open the rift – the rest sync with our vibration so the path can link up to our own.”

Everyone gave their reinforcement, then Risa looked to Cipher; making note on what she has to do.

“Cipher, embody our spirits; our hopes into your heart. Zion truly needs it...”
Cipher nodded in response...

After that everyone changed their focus; a few of the keepers stepped away as Risa made way toward the middle to take her position, Ruu and Naomi stood on the opposite sides of the room. All three clasped their hands together – sitting on their knees; the clerics surrounding them were waving bells of incense to and fro, up and down in succession. Risa cited the prose:

[Great Divine hear our lament, Great Divine let us ferment; to bind the line, to bridge the seam across thy stream. Grant us journey through the traverse into another verse – purity will remain in thy heart; consume the hubris in my farce. We make this plea for you to give us lead; Great Divine, lend us your hand...]

Then other words were spoken that weren’t understood by the majority of the room; suddenly, a crack appeared between the halos in the room. Everyone apart of the ritual felt the essence; joining hands in reaction. Their bodies leaked photon, as it made attraction toward the rift gate; the cracks grew bigger and bigger till it shattered the scenery it was part of. The room now sharing an ominous glow as it came from the new opening; a mild breeze swirled around the room. Risa opened her eyes as it now emanated with an enlightened glow. Unable to speak physically within the trance; her mental voice was heard.

“Thank you everyone, I got it from here...” she said

Everyone now taken their stare toward Cipher; giving their wishes:

“Knock them dead kido, show them what this dimension is made of...” Geist said

“Cipher, I know your skill will be challenged; but there is nothing you cannot overcome...” Kira said

“Cipheeeer, you have a gentle yet scary face. Make those DARKERS fear your passion!” Naomi said

“My sweet lavender rose, picked by the finest of hands. Your thorns punish those who trample onto you.” Ruu expressed

As those expressions were heard, Exodus stood before Cipher; giving his words...

“I don’t know what I say can match what had been shared...” he paused, “... however you know yourself, as long as you have knowledge of such; you will never falter. I will be waiting for you my daughter.”

Instantly Cipher gave him a hug, “Thank you father...” she then turned her head to those who gave their praise.

“Thank you everyone for your support, I assure you this will not be in vain...”

After the statement, Cipher turned toward the halo, now walking toward the rift. Cipher stood before it, looking down its depths; taking in a deep breath, she continued forward. That was until Cipher heard her mother’s voice - mentally.

“Come back home to us in one piece. Be mindful of your surroundings and care for those in need...”

Cipher gave a smile; a tear ran down her eye, “Thank you mother, I will return safely to you... to everyone...”

Soon after, Cipher immediately charged for the rift; jumping into it. Now traveling through the stream that will lead her into a whole new world...[/SPOILER-BOX]

Cypher_9
Nov 13, 2015, 10:53 PM

Chapter I

[SPOILER-BOX]... from one side to another; Cipher landed into a dark scenery. The dust blown away noting the place wasn’t tended to for some time. Rising from the ground, the glow from the rift illuminated the space she was encompassed by. Cipher was in the Temple of Shidow but, it was not filled with the love of her kin. Instead, her feelings were encroached by the eerie nature, the loneliness embodied.

“By the divine...” Cipher quoted

She continued around the temple, scrutinized each corner of the temple. Appalled by the appearance of broken rails and pillars, torn tapestry, and cracked walls; its beauty now a ruin as Cipher finished her investigation. Landing back on the ground, Cipher looked back at the rift; taking a long look at the tear, her hand reached out.

“I miss you alre...”

Cipher’s speech was interrupted by thunderous sounds; dust fell from the ceiling due to the vibration. Her attention now turned to what is going on, rushing toward the gate. Busting through to the outside, the court only brought a melancholy in its sight. Cipher taken a brief look, only to feel bad about the surrounding – she didn’t waste any time on the thought; pursuing the current action happening – rushing to the White Territory.

[What is going on, this strange power; it feels so familiar to Magatsu, yet...] Cipher in thought, [... it is going against a Falz...]

By instinct Cipher looked up just to be sure if the gargantuan guardians of the dark were facing off in the smoked covered city; however, despite the amount of fires abound – there wasn’t any sign of such. As Cipher was coming closer, the powers became stronger and stronger; it didn’t take long for her to decipher who the present Falz was: then Cipher seen a silhouette before her, jumping away.

Immediately Cipher jumped in the air as the body that crashed through was no other than:

DARK FORCE [DOUBLE]...

To her astonishment, this DOUBLE looked different than the one faced; this one appeared to be much more muscular, in a comical way but, its power was not to be doubted. Aside from that, it continued its pursuit against its opponent, the more Cipher observed; it came clear to her who it was.

“HAhahahHAahaha...” DOUBLE laughed as it thrashed about

The mysterious opponent was parrying each and every one of its attacks, DOUBLE got in a sneak shot by spawning one of the Falz’s from its portal – taking its opponent by surprise. Now laying on the roof, DOUBLE was going to take the initiative – falling toward its target: that was until.

*CLLINNNnngggh*

“OOooooorchestra!”

Cipher cried as she unleashed a wave a blades in her dance; repelling DOUBLE, forcing it to retreat on the roof across from them; now looking curiously at the new combatant.

“Wow wow, who is this? You feel familiar, look familiar; oh yes we know who you are~”
As DOUBLE already made its deduction, the individual was surprised to see the sight before them; rubbing their eyes in hopes of it not being a mirage.

“C-cipher?!”

Cipher remained affixed in her position; her daggers held high staring dead at DOUBLE; addressing the mysterious warrior.

“Sakuna-hime, are you okay...?”[/SPOILER-BOX]

[SPOILER-BOX]“...”

Sakuna-hime stared quietly, the expression on her face noted neither relief nor distress – just cold looking eyes.

Then DOUBLE spoke.

“We are curious, very much curious; to why, why are you here? Aren’t you protecting your children? This makes no sense to us, whatever; we will eat you up...”

Cipher’s eyes sharpened, “I defeated you before, and I will do so again...”

Before anything can happen, Cipher was bopped on the head by the signature fan; now with Sakuna-hime standing by her side.

“Don’t dare come out of nowhere and act like the hero; this is my business, stay the hell out...”

Cipher looked with a puzzled face; the attitude from this woman matched her Sakuna-hime; however Cipher sensed that she is a bit snide – more so than she usually is.

Wondering what had happened to her; in that Cipher got a full view of her backside, in shock it emulated a similar appearance toward Magatsu itself. Before any further investigation can be made, Sakuna-hime pursued DOUBLE once more.

“Whoa, whao... you still have some fight.” DOUBLE sighed, “... we wanted to face the newcomer~”

“Abomination, your fight is with me...”

With her fan still out, Sakuna-hime clashed with DOUBLE – then.

<<HHHhhoooOOOOOoouuuuuhhh>>

The sudden bass from her sent a shockwave; the vibration challenged Cipher’s fortitude as it carried a very dense power through the air wave. The building below her was losing its integrity as well as everything else afflicted by such.

[This, is this Sakuna-hime? I know she is strong in her own right but, this one; this Sakuna’s power is on another scale...] Cipher thought

As the wake of the trumpet spread; there was crater, spanning well beyond twenty meters radial. Cipher landed on the ground; now looking upon the standing Sakuna-hime and her bare ebony foot on DOUBLEs neck. DOUBLE itself wasn’t in any good condition for its body was torn by the very sound; serrated on its joints and limbs, its armor crackling.

“This bout gone on long enough; abomination...” Sakuna-hime said

DOUBLE, despite its box being crushed by her, it started laughing; it only got louder as more of its parts opened up – letting out the same sound. Sakuna-hime raised a brow in this turn of events.

“It seems death entertains your heart?” she said

“Heheheheehee...” Double sounded, “... yo-you are strong; your despair was our fun; we enjoyed eating white and black alike – we’ve hoped to make ASH our main course~...”

As DOUBLE was talking, it only reminded Cipher what it did before; thus warning Sakuna-hime.

“Sakuna! DOUBLE is going to eat you! Get ou— ”

Suddenly a red beam came toward Cipher; dodging the acute stream, it managed to impact the ground – followed by an explosion of photon and dust. Cipher now looking into the eyes of an angered empress.

“What did I tell you; stay the hell out! This is my business!” Sakuna pointed her fan toward Cipher

“...” Cipher stood quiet

With the current discourse, DOUBLE enacted on its plan, the ground below swelled with dark photons; swirling as the finale was underway. Sakuna-hime looked down upon the void as a glow of red started to bubble up toward her.

Cipher instantly rushed toward the epicenter, unleashing her chain of talismans; guiding them toward Sakuna-hime. Within the same the bubbling became much more rampant, sharp edges started to emerge; Sakuna-hime looked back down only to see DOUBLE’s devilish smile, then back at Cipher.

Instantly, a torrent of darker energy splashed from the ground like water; this shark finally consumed it’s pray. Cipher looked in shock still holding on as her talismans were clasped by the oblong shape; its daunting height was no less than extensive.

“Sakuna-hime please...” she breathed

Then, Cipher’s talismans twitched; she then looked at the bulb, Cipher’s eyes widened at it started to bud new swells. Growing bigger and bigger as red light boiled within; unable to contain the pressure, the DOUBLE dome exploded. Following after was the screams of a wailing Sakuna as the lights were coming from her; streaming out from each and every part of her body.

Cipher shields her face upon the incoming darker parts as they were dissolving piece by piece. Ash now covered the air, Cipher looking around; wondering where Sakuna-hime was. Then, a talon hand wrapped around her neck; before Cipher could react, she was locked into the embrace of the Ash Mother.

“Now then, we can finally be aquatinted once again.” Sakuna-hime whispered[/SPOILER-BOX]

[MORE TO COME]