PDA

View Full Version : New title! The dentist Rant :D

Meyfei
Apr 26, 2013, 08:27 AM
Argh! i hate going to the dentist although i know it's always for the best...
MY previous dentist OMG i foundout he's like in his late 70's man!! Don't look it i must say, but his work sure does show it!

But i'm getting a different one! Yeah wooo! But UGHHH!!! omg i hate that gel-numbing stuff with a freaking passion!! everything else is fine, the numbness i can get by with but that fruit-flavoured-gel is awful awful awful!!!!

-bitch whine rant-

On a Positive note i called in yesterday and snatched someone's Lunch Time appointment HAHAHA less than 24 hour's till my appointment ;D

1hour 30mins as of this post though~

Mike
Apr 26, 2013, 08:34 AM
Going to the dentist and finding out you've got a bunch of cavities is never fun but that clean teeth feeling after? Heaven.

CelestialBlade
Apr 26, 2013, 08:48 AM
I don't have a huge problem with the dentist, but what I hate the most? The fucking scraping. Aghgagahahahaghagaga it drives me goddamn nuts. It's like nails on the chalkboard to me, I hate both the sound and the feeling of it. I hate being scraped on the surfaces of my nails too, just, ugh. When they get to scraping my teeth I'm like, squinting and gripping the chair for dear life >_< I'd rather they took a buffing tool with fine-grain sandpaper to my teeth.

Meyfei
Apr 26, 2013, 11:19 AM
Lucked out didnt have to get that Gel and needle for freezing BWAHAHA *sips HOT coffee* mhmm.... However i found out i have 3 cavities... awesome! better than i thought! xD

Unfortunately :s someone's day just went to the shitter! Some girl was in the back end of the building and got taken out on a stretcher T_T... her eyeliner was all messed from crying and she had to hold this cone by her mouth :( Hope she's fine. Don't think she'll be visiting her dentist again... Like myself! I got a new one!

Also darn them! I'm not covered for cleaning so it'll come out of my own pocket... I was told my cleaning would be 2 Rounds, each round is 15mins, which 15mins = 54.80$ ;x

Rounds, Cycles, Etc, forgot the word they used xD

Polly
Apr 26, 2013, 11:39 AM
Maybe I'm weird, but I kinda like the sound of the buffer/drill reverberating through my skull. I always think, "Man, this would sound so fucking neat if I put it in music." Then again, it may be because they likely have me doped at the time too.

Eman2417
Apr 26, 2013, 02:20 PM
I only had a problem with the dentist when I was younger. That fluoride stuff.. it really messed me up.
Nowadays going doesn't really bother me too much. I don't like the feeling afterwards though, that still bugs me.

BIG OLAF
Apr 26, 2013, 04:27 PM
I've not been to the dentist since my one tooth broke almost completely out (the only part that's left is the top, stuck in the gum). I'm afraid that if I go, they'll want to rip it out and do the whole nine yards with a root canal and whatever.

So, haha, nope! Never going to the dentist again, no sir.

.Rusty.
Apr 26, 2013, 04:52 PM
[English teeth joke]

[Lazy stereotype based humor achieved]

Atbar
Apr 26, 2013, 06:28 PM
I've not been to the dentist since my one tooth broke almost completely out (the only part that's left is the top, stuck in the gum). I'm afraid that if I go, they'll want to rip it out and do the whole nine yards with a root canal and whatever.

If you ever end up with a steady girlfriend, you might change your tune. It happened to my brother who avoided the dentist for years but then started dating his now wife who made him go.

BIG OLAF
Apr 26, 2013, 06:39 PM
If you ever end up with a steady girlfriend, you might change your tune. It happened to my brother who avoided the dentist for years but then started dating his now wife who made him go.

It took me a few minutes to read this post, since I had uncontrollable laughter after the first nine words :wacko:.

I know what you're saying, but I'm just afraid of, well, pain....and, as we're all well aware, the dentist is notorious of 'prescribing' procedures that are chock-full of it. It doesn't really have anything to do with being lazy or anything like that (and I'm sure he would find a bunch of other 'problems' too for an extra dose of pain). I'm just a huge wuss, truthfully.

also, she 'made' him go? lol

NoiseHERO
Apr 26, 2013, 06:52 PM
[English teeth joke]

[Lazy stereotype based humor achieved]

TeAth

Polly
Apr 26, 2013, 07:32 PM

I ended up breaking 3/4 of a front tooth off in someone's forehead once. (We were both a bloody mess after that one, and she also ended up with a concussion and stitches.) They didn't pull mine out, and instead inserted two small screws into both sides of the piece that was left and affixed a new cap. It was fairly painless, but I really enjoyed the sound of the drill.

Atbar
Apr 26, 2013, 07:49 PM
It took me a few minutes to read this post, since I had uncontrollable laughter after the first nine words :wacko:.

I know what you're saying, but I'm just afraid of, well, pain....and, as we're all well aware, the dentist is notorious of 'prescribing' procedures that are chock-full of it. It doesn't really have anything to do with being lazy or anything like that (and I'm sure he would find a bunch of other 'problems' too for an extra dose of pain). I'm just a huge wuss, truthfully.

also, she 'made' him go? lol

Yeah, she got him to do all sorts of stuff he wouldn't do before he started dating her. I see this kind of thing all the time though when people date. That was my thought that sprung to mind when I read your post because I remember my brother had the same attitude before.

I can understand yours and everyone else's problems with the dentist. It's not fun having someone poke around in your mouth like that. I have to agree with what Mike said before about that clean teeth feeling, though I hate it when the dentist drills in a sensitive area while filling in a cavity and waiting for the Novocaine to wear off after the appointment. I really should stop drinking pop since I get cavities often but I never seem to learn.

CelestialBlade
Apr 26, 2013, 08:57 PM
I have no problem with the drill, that part's kinda cool actually.

But the fucking scraper. Gah. I'd rather kiss a belt sander.

Azusa
Apr 26, 2013, 10:22 PM
Don't fucking whine my teeth or soooooo fucked up its not even funny I was SUPPOSE TO go to the dentist and get a root canal.........3 years ago.
And well I have a crown on there and haven't been to the dentist since it is by far the scariest place on earth for me.

I got like 14 or so cavities so yeah I have not had fun with the dentist, them just drilling far as hell into my tooth to put the crown on was the most painful thing I have EVER felt and now they need to do it even deeper. but oddly, my teeth don't hurt and I eat A LOT of bad shit I got like 20 coke cans I have drank I average 2-3 a day.

I made a pyramid out of them, I'm trying to make a castle

Meyfei
Apr 27, 2013, 06:15 PM
but I really enjoyed the sound of the drill.

xD I read it before, i read it again... I laughed.

That one person who had to go to the hospital, I'm wondering how they're doing. Just wondering if my Monday morning appointment was previously her's lol. Counting my previous one, which was a check up omg lucky, that's 2 Appointments i got because someone cancelled them.

;s maan Monday... appointments... DENTIST ugh!

I'm saying this now Read this: Call your dentists if your able to afford them and get checked :) bite them apples without the pain! Let's do this together!

Atbar
Apr 28, 2013, 11:35 AM
I pretty much feel what I experience at the dentist is a fraction of pain compared to what not going to dentist and have learned to tolerate the pain. I remember dealing with a dead wisdom tooth that hurt like hell several years back every time air gets blown on it and found have it removed more pleasant than the constant pain involved with leaving it intact.

Meyfei
Apr 30, 2013, 03:42 PM
I pretty much feel what I experience at the dentist is a fraction of pain compared to what not going to dentist and have learned to tolerate the pain. I remember dealing with a dead wisdom tooth that hurt like hell several years back every time air gets blown on it and found have it removed more pleasant than the constant pain involved with leaving it intact.

omg i hear ya, my two back wisdom teeth are now gone, and i gotta get fillings on the ones that were beside them ( Bad habit of swooshing soda back behind my teeth ;x ). It isn't pleasant!

For me i get awful pains when I drink or eat cold things, like fridge temperature to Ice-cream cold... AWFUL!