PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions Please

FsuRules
Apr 26, 2013, 12:27 PM
hey guys after i get the game working on my vita(which is taking forever) i would like to know is playing ranger on the Vita hard, also i am looking at ebing a fi/hu would you suggest this clas/subclass combo?

I played pso as a hunter and Psu on the ps2 the whole story mode as a hunter so i feel as if a melee class will suit me well.
Please give any reccomendations and suggections and also what will be a good vuild for fi/hu i looked at build thread just looking for a definite answer thanks.

jooozek
Apr 26, 2013, 12:47 PM
melee classes in this game are pretty gimped, most of time forces/rangers will nuke stuff before you can get to it and to get to stuff faster you need to perform acrobatics with your fingers
lightning force is pretty gamepad friendly so i imagine it would work nicely on vita

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 26, 2013, 01:24 PM
Melee is good for bosses with a lot of HP that are easy to pin down, but joozek is right that when it comes to actual runs, the rangers and forces make hunters and fighters look silly.

I can't really answer your question about rangers on vita though. I would say try it and see how it feels. If you don't like it you can always change classes or make a new character. getting to lvl 20 takes only a few hours and should give you ample time to figure out if the controls are hindering performance.

blace
Apr 26, 2013, 01:32 PM
Playing a ranger on Vita feels "natural". That's only true if you play in TPS and are used to FPS games with a controller. The sensitivity is the only downside to it as you can't be precise with your aim, especially in the case of Weak Bullet.

Shinamori
Apr 26, 2013, 01:45 PM
melee classes in this game are pretty gimped, most of time forces/rangers will nuke stuff before you can get to it and to get to stuff faster you need to perform acrobatics with your fingers
lightning force is pretty gamepad friendly so i imagine it would work nicely on vita

Ain't that the truth. -_-

FsuRules
Apr 26, 2013, 07:51 PM
Alright so you all suggest hunter ideas and pick up ranger and or force but not gunner or techer because they are also not as good?
Also for ranger is it like other fps where you actually have a reticle or like older pso games where its scrolling across screen?
this is all for vita

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 26, 2013, 08:23 PM
I think you're misunderstanding.

We're saying hunter might be easiest to play on vita, but it struggles in combat because of how powerful ranged and tech classes are.

When you start the game you can only pick between hunter ranger and force. Fighter gunner and techer all have to be unlocked.

Gunner and techer as of now are ranked at the bottom when it comes to efficiency. Reasons being that they don't offer much as subclasses and as main classes they just can't keep up with their counterparts, though at least techer is a good subclass for force, but that's about it. You can really play any class you want and many people will argue til they bleed about how much they like one class or another, but when it comes to actual performance, those two classes are the most lacking.

ranger on vita plays just like it does on PC minus the more intricate control options/customization.

There is a standard mode where you play just as you see in most videos, but with the push of a button you enter what's called TPS mode where you get an over the shoulder view and targeting reticle. TPS mode can be used as any class, but it benefits ranged and tech classes the most.

FsuRules
Apr 26, 2013, 08:35 PM
Hmm ok so i might try force and ranger both and try to decide which is better to me, what would you suggest for a build for force

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 26, 2013, 08:47 PM
My sig links to a build thread that talks about builds and race/gender options. Also has ideal mag stats for each build assuming you go with the race/gender combination best suited for the class combinations I have listed.

Currently the best class combinations are (in no particular order):

Ra/Hu
Fo/Fi
Hu/Fi(or Fi/Hu)
Fo/Te
Gu/Ra(I list this only because If you're going to play gunner, this is the best configuration for it)

UnLucky
Apr 26, 2013, 09:09 PM
Hunter and/or Fighter would be the best "fit" for a Vita or controller, but weapon switching is a bit of a pain with limited buttons.

And Hunter and Fighter have as many weapon types as the other classes combined. Plus emergent gameplay has Hunter/Fighter switching out weapons for every minor thing.