PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Affixing Combos Low End / High End?

Meyfei
Apr 27, 2013, 08:45 PM
I'd like to view others opinions and choices on "What affixes are best to choose" for each class/combo. Opinions and personal choice and what are your Affix goals as well?

By what i understand each person can desire different affix stats, like a Ragu can seek out R-atk or Dex- though i'm guessing R-atk is the better choice for damage, but Dex for accuracy?

and a Hunter would do well with S-atk increases, and what else? Body?

I'm just wondering what kind of combo's are out there for a Ranger/Gunner that's cost effective, like 2-3 affixes. But feel free to include other class combo's.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 27, 2013, 09:04 PM
Dex doesn't affect accuracy, it only changes your minimum damage. That said, no one really needs dex after a certain point.

For most everyone it's relevant attack type up +HP and/or +PP

Meyfei
Apr 27, 2013, 09:50 PM
Oh ok. I forgot about that, i remember hearing about that. As for getting the best ?-Atk i always wanted to try putting something like

X-Soul + Vinculum, Ability III+ and Power/Shoot/Tech(?) III+, maybe add Mutation

Dextro
Apr 27, 2013, 10:11 PM
It's impossible to pair Vinculum with any soul but Vardha's atm.
But the highest attack affix I've seen on my ship is: Elder/Tech IV/Ability III/Mutation for +90, and it was on a no-element Tsukuyomi lol...

schnee4
Apr 27, 2013, 11:50 PM
Everyone should have xatk, spirita, spirita boost, and ability with added exceptions below.
hufi = a hunter is only as great as his overend; power, vol soul, dex for overend, stamina to survive overends.
Fihu = fighter dps needs high pp for initial dps in vulnerability windows; spirita, spirita boost, quartz soul,
Fofi and all force = same as fihu but elder soul
And Rangers and gunners use mizer soul

jiasu73
Apr 28, 2013, 12:09 AM
It's impossible to pair Vinculum with any soul but Vardha's atm.
But the highest attack affix I've seen on my ship is: Elder/Tech IV/Ability III/Mutation for +90, and it was on a no-element Tsukuyomi lol...

I don't think thats possible... atm there is no way to get elder and mutation in the same unit because there is no mutated version of elder. It is not possible to make since you would need 2 elder souls and 2 mutations in order to get them together. At least to my current knowledge.

Hrith
Apr 28, 2013, 02:01 AM
Dex doesn't affect accuracy, it only changes your minimum damage. That said, no one really needs dex after a certain point.This is only true because enemy levels are lower than ours. DEX is also used as a requirement for some equipment, some can be pretty insane (Emperor Axeon), but none are must-have items.

With weapons easily breaking 800 ATK, now, and most players with two classes at Lv55+ having weapons more in the 900~1000 ATK range, the added bonus of 30~60 ATK is absolutely negligible unless you have nothing else to add, really - which is the case for casting weapons.

If you are fighter (or HU/FI or something like that), then you should have Chase Advance Lv10, therefore a weapon with a high-level SE such as Shock V or Poison V will increase your DPS by a lot more than the 1% or so the ATK abilities or souls can at best provide.

Even if you are not a fighter, a high-level SE will be a lot more helpful, anyway.

Of course, I have seen a Guilty Light affixed with Fang Soul + Shoot III + Shock IV, so yeah... Good luck with that, though.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 28, 2013, 02:09 AM
This is only true because enemy levels are lower than ours. DEX is also used as a requirement for some equipment, some can be pretty insane (Emperor Axeon), but none are must-have items.

With weapons easily breaking 800 ATK, now, and most players with two classes at Lv55+ having weapons more in the 900~1000 ATK range, the added bonus of 30~60 ATK is absolutely negligible unless you have nothing else to add, really - which is the case for casting weapons.

If you are fighter (or HU/FI or something like that), then you should have Chase Advance Lv10, therefore a weapon with a high-level SE such as Shock V or Poison V will increase your DPS by a lot more than the 1% or so the ATK abilities or souls can at best provide.

Even if you are not a fighter, a high-level SE will be a lot more helpful, anyway.

Of course, I have seen a Guilty Light affixed with Fang Soul + Shoot III + Shock IV, so yeah... Good luck with that, though.

Affixing dex won't help you equip anything and the only classes that would even bother with an emperor axeon get dex bonuses in their skill tree.

So unless you have some trick up your sleeve that lets you equip emperor axeon by affixing dex to your armor or maybe the weapon itself, what you're saying is pretty meaningless.

Meyfei
Apr 28, 2013, 02:54 AM
do Affixes even effect what you can equip? I was told only Mags and Skill Tree's impact that outside leveling. If so i was kinda lacking in the R-atk (less than 20 points) when it came to using any red weapon (launcher, rifle)

jiasu73
Apr 28, 2013, 03:11 AM
do Affixes even effect what you can equip? I was told only Mags and Skill Tree's impact that outside leveling. If so i was kinda lacking in the R-atk (less than 20 points) when it came to using any red weapon (launcher, rifle)

No affixes do not effect what you can equip.

Hrith
Apr 28, 2013, 03:12 AM
No, they don't, brain fart >_>

Dextro
Apr 28, 2013, 07:22 AM
I don't think thats possible... atm there is no way to get elder and mutation in the same unit because there is no mutated version of elder. It is not possible to make since you would need 2 elder souls and 2 mutations in order to get them together. At least to my current knowledge.

Oh my mistake, guess it was Ragne then.
I'll be sure to take a screenshot the next time I see it in his shop, but meanwhile let me show you guys some of the other stuff this person has made, it's just as ridiculous if not worse >_>

http://s17.postimg.org/h5vj1bnf3/pso20130428_131234_001.jpg
http://s14.postimg.org/9l18e2ddt/pso20130428_131230_000.jpg

The whole shop is full of crazy affix breakthroughs, there's something new every 2 weeks. God knows how much preparation must go into these.