PDA

View Full Version : Obligatory Class Tier List Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

Zyrusticae
May 4, 2013, 05:44 PM
right, because techers elemental weak hit 20% bonus doesnt matter all, i mean, its not like its the reason my zonde does 5k to mechs and 3.4k to anything else
I admit, I never use EWH since it does require you to switch your skill trees for every mission you run, plus I run a dark tree all the time which is rather tight on SP if you go for poison boost and mastery II (which I do).

In fact, I've been running dark for so long that I forgot EWH even exists. Frankly, I don't give a toss about it, either, as the trouble of switching elements for every single mission is far too much for me to be bothered with it.

Z-0
May 4, 2013, 05:49 PM
If you went for EWH on your tree instead of Poison Boost (which is utterly useless, 2% more chance of poison is not good), your dark would do 20% more power in Continent and Altar!

Omgz!

Zyrusticae
May 4, 2013, 05:53 PM
Actually, that doesn't give me nearly enough SP to max out EWH. I'd have to fundamentally alter my tree to do that by dropping PP Convert in the process (and I like my PP Convert, thank you very much). Well, either that, or somehow manage to work up the nerve to gain 10 levels.

This is why I consider EWH to be a non-option when going for Dark. A lot easier on the Wind side of the tree, though...

Dextro
May 4, 2013, 06:14 PM
Umm what did you do with your dark tree?
Isn't something like this the standard? (http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?04fb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ik0lbIn0000 009b00000ib00000ib00007b0000084O7dI2J2qx5k0000f)

Mekhana
May 4, 2013, 06:15 PM
Is it just me or much has been lost in the point of being a Gunner and rely on cooldowns over a minute long when I see these Hunters pull off crazy damage overends?

Zyrusticae
May 4, 2013, 06:24 PM
Umm what did you do with your dark tree?
Isn't something like this the standard? (http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?04fb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ik0lbIn0000 009b00000ib00000ib00007b0000084O7dI2J2qx5k0000f)
I said I'd have to gain 10 levels to do that. I am not level 60, or even close to it, for that matter.

Dextro
May 4, 2013, 06:39 PM
I said I'd have to gain 10 levels to do that. I am not level 60, or even close to it, for that matter.

...and that's why you consider EWH a "non-option when going for Dark"? :-?
If you mean that it's just your priority of getting convert first, then sure. But there's no reason you can't get both.

Also, I'm not sure what you mean when you say it'd be easier on a Wind Tree, since those skills aren't anywhere near PP Convert. I'm not even sure it's possible to get EWH, Convert, and Max both Wind Masteries.

Zyrusticae
May 4, 2013, 06:44 PM
Yes, obviously me not being level 60 is why I consider EWH a non-option when going for dark. Why is this so confusing? It requires over 10 million XP to get from where I am now (level 50) to the cap, which isn't going to happen anytime soon unless I suddenly feel the urge to start running AQs every day.

And what I meant with the wind tree is that there's nothing else there on the wind tree that could serve as a further SP sink, hence the only real option once you get Wind Mastery I & II is to go for EWH if you want more damage.

Ceresa
May 4, 2013, 06:55 PM
I use dark techniques pretty much exclusively, and I can tell you right now that it's like playing an entirely different class compared to the fire tree. Everything requires time to apply damage to the target(s), meanwhile fire charges quickly and has a crapton of stuff that is basically instant damage plus AoE. Meanwhile, the element weaknesses don't mean shit as I still two-shot everything in every stage with the exception of the big enemies.

Note that you don't even get a jump from "average" to "low", Ice just goes straight to shit tier because, fuck it, it's horrible in every possible way. Why not throw it a bone, SEGA?

Do you play worthless VH missions exclusively? Fo/Te isn't two-shotting shit with fire in Advance outside of Forest/Tundra. Don't think anyone cares about balance discussion for a difficulty that was trivial at 40/40.

And Gibarta is amazing in AD caves, 2 of them will clear the entire screen from safety, no accidental digg gangrapes from a bad zondeel, and you get to actually contribute damage to Vol. But I guess that 500 AC on a tree is better spent on a male costume?

Dextro
May 4, 2013, 07:03 PM
Yes, obviously me not being level 60 is why I consider EWH a non-option when going for dark. Why is this so confusing?
Because you worded it that way.

You said EWH is a non-option, which by definition means that you either cannot get it, or it's absolutely not viable to.

And in a game that lacks so much content that the only thing you can do is level up, and anything you do gives exp, what other option do you actually have?
You'll get EWH as long as you play the game. Levelling up to get a skill is a given, it's not something that makes a planned skill-tree build a non-option....jeez

Zyrusticae
May 4, 2013, 07:13 PM
Really?

Look, I have six classes to level up, three of which haven't even hit the 50s yet. If you think it's just a given that I'll hit level 60 eventually through normal play, well, I don't even know how you could come to that conclusion, because it just isn't going to happen, unless they do something to dramatically change the pace of XP gain or I suddenly start playing for hours and hours and hours at a time.

Do you play worthless VH missions exclusively? Fo/Te isn't two-shotting shit with fire in Advance outside of Forest/Tundra. Don't think anyone cares about balance discussion for a difficulty that was trivial at 40/40.

And Gibarta is amazing in AD caves, 2 of them will clear the entire screen from safety, no accidental digg gangrapes from a bad zondeel, and you get to actually contribute damage to Vol. But I guess that 500 AC on a tree is better spent on a male costume?
I play TAs exclusively, and haven't actually touched an AQ in quite some time. If you don't care for balance discussions outside of AQ, that's entirely on you. You can completely ignore my opinions if that is the case. I won't even get mad about it.

As for the ice tree, Gibarta is one tech. Every other element has at least two techs that are actually worthwhile, if not more.

The Walrus
May 4, 2013, 07:21 PM
How do you put up with only playing TA's?

Z-0
May 4, 2013, 07:24 PM
I would totally do that.

If other people were up to it.

PS: I'm pretty sure he means he just does his TA COs on his 3 chars, and that's it.

The Walrus
May 4, 2013, 07:29 PM
Ooooooooooohhhhhhhh. That makes more sense.

Dextro
May 4, 2013, 07:39 PM
I don't know how you manage, you TA lovers are a rare breed >_>

MoronSonOfBoron
May 4, 2013, 07:53 PM
Once COs dry up you have only the dailies and Emergency Codes to sustain your grinding. Maybe some EXP boosts. I'm grinding TACOs at a relatively low level because I spent too much on parts and all-class weapons.

I'm a T&A lover for what that's worth.

Syklo
May 4, 2013, 07:55 PM
^^^This.

Skyly HUmar
May 4, 2013, 08:45 PM

that lol. The only TA i can stand to do is nab 2 tbh, the rest are just 7 minutes to get 100k.

UnLucky
May 4, 2013, 08:50 PM
Targeting elemental weakness is a fairly sizeable difference, actually, like 1.2-1.3x vs 0.9x or so if they're resistant. Though it's only relevant if the element has useful techs and you've specced for it.

EWH is pretty bad, though, since you would get the same bonus by maxing a mastery in your element of choice, but against all enemies. And it scales worse than a mastery to boot (a lv8 mastery is a bigger bonus than lv8 EWH).

Zenobia
May 4, 2013, 08:52 PM
HAH. Well dunno about you guys but I do my TA's specifically because who ever else s doing it I wait for them or me to get abducted so I can get Hunar Sword one day one day Hunar......

And sense I'm doing em might as well do em ll for that 960k gain.

Zenobia
May 4, 2013, 08:58 PM
Is it just me or much has been lost in the point of being a Gunner and rely on cooldowns over a minute long when I see these Hunters pull off crazy damage overends?

Dem Over Endz dun lie HU/FI OP~

INB4 someone quotes me over something trivial.

MetalDude
May 5, 2013, 12:54 AM
On the topic of getting EXP, 25+ Risk AQs has a lot of boosted enemies and it's very common for bosses to be boosted. In good circumstances with no experience reduction (basically at 55-56), you can get 100k+ just off of a rancid King Vardha. Hell, I'd say 47-54 is the absolute worst part of leveling so far because the experience reduction is still total shit.

GU needs work and a less boring skill tree. Satellite Aim having much larger sweep and a little more range for hitting multiple targets not unlike Additional Bullet would do wonders. Also, over half its PA set not being shit would be cool.

Inazuma
May 5, 2013, 02:15 AM
I admit, I never use EWH since it does require you to switch your skill trees for every mission you run, plus I run a dark tree all the time which is rather tight on SP if you go for poison boost and mastery II (which I do).

In fact, I've been running dark for so long that I forgot EWH even exists. Frankly, I don't give a toss about it, either, as the trouble of switching elements for every single mission is far too much for me to be bothered with it.

Dark techs are only good in 2 areas of the game, but you don't use Element Weak Hit, so you are doing lackluster damage in every area. The only techs you might need PP Convert for are fire techs. You hardly run out of PP with dark techs. Just shoot your gunslash for a few seconds if you manage to get low on PP.

Hrith
May 5, 2013, 09:34 PM
People who completely suck at 80% of the class combinations in the game and know nothing about how to play them, and yet give their opinions about 100% of them.
Welcome to the land of the nubs.

Zipzo
May 5, 2013, 09:56 PM
People who completely suck at 80% of the class combinations in the game and know nothing about how to play them, and yet give their opinions about 100% of them.

Much braver than I.

UnLucky
May 6, 2013, 02:49 PM
Q.F.T.

Fijiwater
May 6, 2013, 06:47 PM

8k posts and you still don't know what an opinion is.
Lmao.

Zyrusticae
May 6, 2013, 10:39 PM
Dark techs are only good in 2 areas of the game, but you don't use Element Weak Hit, so you are doing lackluster damage in every area. The only techs you might need PP Convert for are fire techs. You hardly run out of PP with dark techs. Just shoot your gunslash for a few seconds if you manage to get low on PP.
Yeah, sorry, I don't give a fuck if I'm doing "lackluster damage in every area", otherwise I would be switching trees every mission like I'm apparently supposed to. Hell, it's pretty obvious dark techniques are rarely ever optimal (what with every dark tech having a pretty massive downside and everything), so I'm not sure why you'd even bother bringing it up.

Also, no, spamming samegid alone is enough to run you dry of PP in just a few volleys.

You should name names, otherwise this is completely useless troll bait.

Then again, when over half of your posts are pretty much along the same lines...

ShinMaruku
May 7, 2013, 12:50 AM
Hrith is a troll we all know this. :E

SociableTyrannosaur
May 7, 2013, 01:40 AM
Yeah, sorry, I don't give a fuck if I'm doing "lackluster damage in every area", otherwise I would be switching trees every mission like I'm apparently supposed to. Hell, it's pretty obvious dark techniques are rarely ever optimal (what with every dark tech having a pretty massive downside and everything), so I'm not sure why you'd even bother bringing it up.

Also, no, spamming samegid alone is enough to run you dry of PP in just a few volleys.

You should name names, otherwise this is completely useless troll bait.

Then again, when over half of your posts are pretty much along the same lines...

Honestly I'm convinced that any force type who says they have plenty of PP all the time are either liars, cheating, not using techs that often or spam zonde techs non stop, focusing mostly on single target damage and have no point of reference when it comes to normal tech use. These same people tend to say that PP convert is useless which would only be true if a single tech was able to clear a room. That may prove easy enough to do on early vhard, not so much in late vhard and AQs.

UnLucky
May 7, 2013, 03:24 PM
I only had to bring out my Gunslash twice in a nice PSE burst (5m+? wasn't keeping track) in Tundra AQ as a pure flame Fo/Fi.

And by "bring out" I mean jump once and fire until I touch the ground, then switch back to rod.

PP convert is useless and I never run out of PP :V

but Zyru, do you have an opinion w.r.t. class tiers, or just defending your own playstyle? Either's fine, just want to be clear.

Chdata
Aug 31, 2013, 07:09 PM
What's your basis on these tiers? Is it killing bosses? Killing mobs? Overall effectiveness?

Chdata
Aug 31, 2013, 07:12 PM
I only had to bring out my Gunslash twice in a nice PSE burst (5m+? wasn't keeping track) in Tundra AQ as a pure flame Fo/Fi.

And by "bring out" I mean jump once and fire until I touch the ground, then switch back to rod.

PP convert is useless and I never run out of PP :V

but Zyru, do you have an opinion w.r.t. class tiers, or just defending your own playstyle? Either's fine, just want to be clear.

What. How. Do you have flame S charge? Like that guy said on the last page, this sounds like you're either lying, not spamming techs as fast as you can, etc.

With speed charge it should take you like 10 seconds to run out of PP.

Unless people are spamming monoceros PB blasts one after another or something.

Zenobia
Aug 31, 2013, 07:15 PM
What. How. Do you have flame S charge? Like that guy said on the last page, this sounds like you're either lying, not spamming techs as fast as you can, etc.

With speed charge it should take you like 10 seconds to run out of PP.

Unless people are spamming monoceros PB blasts one after another or something.

Have you EVER played with Unlucky before?

Gurl can spam flame techs like no bodies business we had a epic burst in Forest plenty of times.

also her affixes are sexy just saiyan o3o.

NoiseHERO
Aug 31, 2013, 07:20 PM
y u bump dis

Zenobia
Aug 31, 2013, 07:21 PM
y u bump dis

Rock why did you bump dis because I did huh D;<?!

Chdata
Aug 31, 2013, 07:26 PM
I was searching threads so it looked like it was on the first page cause I forgot olo

UnLucky
Aug 31, 2013, 08:13 PM
Yeah a lot of this is super old now and I don't want to touch it again.

But as for fire spam, it's easy. PP Recovery J and PB are plenty.

PPC is great to enter a boss fight if you've got no PB ready and your PPJ is on cooldown (seriously need a farmable mag device for this) and it's nice to have, but I don't really miss it, even with max Flame S Charge and all that.

Rien
Sep 1, 2013, 02:01 AM
BR/HU bow became one of the top tier firepower classes o.o

LonelyGaruga
Sep 1, 2013, 04:24 AM
Wouldn't Braver/Ranger outclass Braver/Hunter in terms of Bow usage?

Variant
Sep 1, 2013, 06:32 AM
^He meant to say Br/Fury Stance.