PDA

View Full Version : Trading looked down upon?

Mazarin
Mar 6, 2001, 06:02 PM
I know most trading is legit; everyone gets something they wanted(usualy).

I do know the feeling is incredible when you find that first God/Something or Dbl Saber. I went crazy when I found the 502 out of a Hildeblue^o^

I have built my tiny library of rares mostly from trading. God/whatevers, Dbl Saber, and the 502 cell being the only things I have found. EVERYTHING else I've traded for.

Is this to be looked down upon because I didn't find much, and mooched off of others, and therefore should be banned from the servers? Is this to be herald with praise and worship because of my incredibly l33t trading skillz?

Or do you see it as just another way to get items? Opinions please.

PowerSlave
Mar 6, 2001, 07:04 PM
this is just my personal take on it.
No I dont think it is to be looked down upon,,,,,however after trading a few times I find that you will have a much better gaming experience trying to find them yourself,,,,you know, the thrill of the chase.
With the 3 items that I have traded for, I dont treasure them as much as the Supressed Gun or Fake Agito I have found.
There are of course a whole truckload of other issues such as duping etc, but you can check prior posts for those things as they have been said a hundred times.

Just my 2 cents

MechDan
Mar 6, 2001, 07:21 PM
Which section ID were you when you found the Suppressed Gun? I really want to find one of those, and I'll start a whole new character to improve my chances if I have to. ^_^

Manifest
Mar 6, 2001, 07:24 PM
No way! Trading is cool. Its like living in a society where trade is the crux. Im just as gratefull when I trade a mag I raised from a pup to its third stage, or some awesome shot I cant use (Im a hunwearl) as if I had actually found it.

The_Neon_Samurai
Mar 6, 2001, 07:38 PM
I dont' t think trading is something to look down upon at all. Personallz I have verz stern views upon earning stuff zourself, I would never accept a gift from someone. When it comes to trading however, zou DID earn the stuff zou give awaz for a trade. The thing is: Zou can run through the ruins on VHard for 200 hours and will still never find that Gladiator Spike, Holz Raz or whatever tickles zour fancz. Zour practicallz being FORCED to trade. That's whz Sonic Team created the Section IDs. To encourage trade (relations) between plazers. If zou earned that Inferno Bayooka while fighting 4 Del Sabers in the ruins on VHard and can't use it because zou're a hunter, whz not trade it for an S-Beats Blade that zou can use. It's completelz pointless having a superrare sit in zour bank account that zou will never be able to use. No, to me, tradng is a vital part of the game.

Jaiden
Mar 6, 2001, 07:59 PM
The problem is that everyone is trading duped items, whether they know it or not. When you trade for an item from a friend or someone you trust, who you know is not a duper, does not mean they did not get it from a duper, or that the origion of its existance came from a hack, etc etc...

Lets put it this way. If you traded for any of the following items, its a copy.

Spread Needle
Egg Blaster
Holy Ray
Level 999 Opa-Opa mag
C-Bringer Rifle
Chain Sawd
Parasite Wear 4 Slot

Nobody in their right mind would trade away these items, for any amount of rare's, unless they have a backup.

When a duper trades with you, he just restores his inventory from his e-mail backup. After a few successful trades he's got nice selection of goods.

Mod Note: Edited out an inflamitory paragraph against an individual. To Jaiden: We will look into this and if it can be proved we will ban him and any alternate he makes. Just remember there is a NO Accusation rule in the General forums. It is permissable in the Cheaters forum.

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Ambrai on 2001-03-06 17:48 ]</font>

Ven_Jance
Mar 6, 2001, 08:44 PM
Sorry Jaiden but....

I froze a Del Saber and my teammate slashed him and picked up the C Bringer arm, which he then went and made the rifle.

Also, I have found Parasite Wear 4 slot, 3 slot and no slot armor off the worm boss in caves.

As a matter of fact the 4 slot para wear was my first rare which I traded away early on.

VJ