PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 PSO2 Tweaker - Various enhancements

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

KazukiQZ
Aug 26, 2014, 02:05 PM
You guys can start downloading the last patch from Tweaker now (1.1GB, 4GB without the precedes)

EvilMag
Aug 26, 2014, 03:19 PM
Just pointing this out, Gameguard doesn't like the item translation patch now. (well for me, getting NP1015) Game was able to launch fine without it.

Yden
Aug 26, 2014, 03:34 PM
I just realized something. I'm patching a lot more than 1 gig even after downloading the precedes because tweaker applied the precedes before it restored the backup files.

chaosheal
Aug 26, 2014, 03:50 PM
Nvm I just restarted the tweaker and it worked!

airprinzh2o
Aug 26, 2014, 04:04 PM
You guys can start downloading the last patch from Tweaker now (1.1GB, 4GB without the precedes)

How to we proceed? Just launch the tweaker like we always do?

Gama
Aug 26, 2014, 04:25 PM
Just pointing this out, Gameguard doesn't like the item translation patch now. (well for me, getting NP1015) Game was able to launch fine without it.

launched the game just fine.

Metalsnake27
Aug 26, 2014, 04:29 PM

Weird, it was 2 GB or so for me... I guess I missed a prepatch somewhere :-?

ZER0 DX
Aug 26, 2014, 05:02 PM
Mine is currently 3.11 GB and I had all 4 precede patches downloaded already, so not quite sure why it's so big. Servers will be back up before this finishes at this rate.

undead098
Aug 26, 2014, 05:25 PM
yep. mine also 3.11GB..... don't know why... maybe something wrong with vanilla backup?

btw aida... could you make the tweaker automatically set any patch to "not installed" when i "restore backup"?
i could do it myself manually via override patch version... but i just feel weird when i see "Current Story Patch version is: 8/24/2014v2" when i not using any because i just restore it to previous backup. and that backup supposed to be vanilla jp file.

CatTaiL
Aug 26, 2014, 05:36 PM
Yep... the "ERROR-The Operation Has Timed Out" part when Tweaker run auto-check PSO2 patch got me...

I've always got that part (as AIDA ask running on USB or any special folder , no I doesn't change any folder address till I've found this error)

when this error coming , I've manually use check pso2 update function and check files

I've to download 5.3 GB with prepatch...arrr.... something wrong....

---

Edit

ah... and manually move file in precede folder can solve this 5.3GB download now...

Yden
Aug 26, 2014, 05:47 PM
Mine is currently 3.11 GB and I had all 4 precede patches downloaded already, so not quite sure why it's so big. Servers will be back up before this finishes at this rate.

yep. mine also 3.11GB..... don't know why... maybe something wrong with vanilla backup?

btw aida... could you make the tweaker automatically set any patch to "not installed" when i "restore backup"?
i could do it myself manually via override patch version... but i just feel weird when i see "Current Story Patch version is: 8/24/2014v2" when i not using any because i just restore it to previous backup. and that backup supposed to be vanilla jp file.

Like I mentioned before, I think it has something to do with the order tweaker applies the prepatch. At least for me, it seemed to have applied the prepatch then restored the backup when it came time to update for some reason.

Maronji
Aug 26, 2014, 07:13 PM
Like I mentioned before, I think it has something to do with the order tweaker applies the prepatch. At least for me, it seemed to have applied the prepatch then restored the backup when it came time to update for some reason.

It is because of the order of operations. The restoration of patch backups is hard-coded into the update operation, so if the Tweaker detects an update and you have patches applied, and you've already applied your precede patch data, you're basically screwed.

The only way to get around this at present is to manually restore the backups yourself (they're in the data\win32 folder under very obvious names) before even running the tweaker. Unfortunately, not everyone is going to realize this right away, if at all, so expect many posts of patches at least 2.1GB or higher with people wondering why.

Though, now that I think about it, I do have an idea. This could potentially be fixed by checking for English patch backups before applying the pre-patch, much like it does with vanilla updating. That being said, I'm actually almost surprised that this contingency wasn't considered when the pre-patch functionality was added.

airprinzh2o
Aug 26, 2014, 08:20 PM
I am not familiar with all the backup, restore, and/or order of operation stuff. All I know is to launch the tweaker whenever I wana play PSO2 and it should detect whatever updates needed and I'll let it download. But everytime after a major update, when the tweaker runs the file-checks, after it is completed it will say none of the 3 patches are installed, so I'll have to manually download them again. I do have those 3 "Install EN Patch / Large Files / EN Story Patch after updating" checked in tweaker options but it just wouldn't do it automatically.

I already posted this issue few weeks ago but I didn't really follow up on it... I would just like to bring up this issue again and see if AIDA or anyone can tell me if this is normal, that I just need to re-install the patches manually everytime.

EDIT: Launched the game after installing the patches. Now I'm seeing black screen after the intro CG. I tried many different things and here's what i found. If I remove the EN patch then the game will launch but of course with everything in Japanese.. uhm.. help?

undead098
Aug 26, 2014, 08:25 PM
well.... i am screwed now....... tweaker cleared _precede and backup after applying it...
and i don't have "my own backup" of precede....

i hope aida fixed it for a better future

airprinzh2o
Aug 26, 2014, 09:16 PM

Do you mean the EN Patch? I cannot launch my game with EN Patch installed either, well I could but it gives me black screen after the CG intro. Without the EN Patch I was fine. The EN Patch version is 8/19, is this the most current?

Maronji
Aug 26, 2014, 09:36 PM
Without the EN Patch I was fine. The EN Patch version is 8/19, is this the most current?

Not anymore, it isn't. Of course, there isn't a compatible version up yet to my knowledge, so it'd be best not to use any of the patches at this time unless advised otherwise (except the new method story patch, assuming Sega doesn't change anything related to that again).

Ashvanale
Aug 26, 2014, 09:42 PM
Since no one has been answer any knowledge on what this patch is

http://puu.sh/b9sfm/5650d7e131.png

Thank you D8

Helvetica Standard
Aug 26, 2014, 09:47 PM
I'm not really that tech savvy..but what did you guys do? XD I'm surprised your PC's haven't blown up!
Anyway this is what I did so maybe you can backtrack to try and identify the issue.

*Once 1st precede update was available I clicked on download 800+ mb
*Same deal when 2nd preced update came I hit download 700+ mb
*Same thing for 3rd and 4rth precede updates.
*This afternoon I opened the tweaker and it told me it had to update to a newer version
only 1 change was listed and seemed like a story patch shit, (which I don't use) I updated and the program restarted as normal.
*Once I had the latest version The tweaker slapped me with a notice "It appears it's time to install precede files, continue?" I hit OK.
*Tweaker installed files (took like 10 seconds.)
* then Tweaker announced there was a PSO2 update available, I clicked OK and it began downloading (1.10gb in size)

tadah. It was done.
I'm a rocket scientist :9

airprinzh2o
Aug 26, 2014, 09:49 PM
Not anymore, it isn't. Of course, there isn't a compatible version up yet to my knowledge, so it'd be best not to use any of the patches at this time unless advised otherwise (except the new method story patch, assuming Sega doesn't change anything related to that again).

Oh okay. I have the new method story patch as well as large file patch installed and the game was able to launch fine. Let's hope a new EN patch comes out soon after the maintenance which will not give me black screen...

Shinamori
Aug 26, 2014, 09:59 PM
The EN patch usually updates a like 2 hours before maint ends.

Reaska
Aug 26, 2014, 11:08 PM
um i need help this program is new to me cause i just started playing like a day or 2 ago. it was playing just fine untill after the update it says all the patches are unknown and i tried reinstalling all the EN patches but when i start just before the title screen it goes black and i can't do anything. am I not doing something correct or something...

Maronji
Aug 26, 2014, 11:12 PM
um i need help this program is new to me cause i just started playing like a day or 2 ago. it was playing just fine untill after the update it says all the patches are unknown and i tried reinstalling all the EN patches but when i start just before the title screen it goes black and i can't do anything. am I not doing something correct or something...

A new English patch literally just barely came out. The Large Files, JP Enemies names, and JP E-Codes are currently out of date. It's unknown if the new Story Patch method is 100% compatible, as indicated by the issue with a few scenes in MB16.

Also, the server is currently under extended maintenance for the Episode 3 update (scheduled to come back up at 4:00AM EDT), so I'd honestly stop trying for the time being if I were you.

Reaska
Aug 26, 2014, 11:14 PM
ok well thanks for the help :) any idea on how long untill its updated

airprinzh2o
Aug 26, 2014, 11:34 PM
ok well thanks for the help :) any idea on how long untill its updated

according to the official site and bumped it should last until 4am Eastern Time

I had the same problem as you (the black screen after intro CG), and after I manually installed the 8/26 EN patch the problem went away. But yeah like Maronji said there's no need to try anything until the maintenance is finished and also the tweaker is updated. Because even the 8/26 EN patch is only preliminary.

Cyber Meteor
Aug 27, 2014, 07:51 AM
I think it has already been said, but I had to download 3.11GB of update instead of 1.1GB although I already downloaded all of the prepatch files. Why? I seriously think it's because Tweaker installed the prepatch THEN restored the backups which probably overwrote some of the prepatches files. If something could be done for the next time we have a prepatch, it would be cool^^.

airprinzh2o
Aug 27, 2014, 08:29 AM
When I went up to Shop Area, a message popped up. My Japanese isn't very good but I could sort of made out that it's asking me to choose to continue to play EP1/EP2 or start with EP3. I chose to continue EP1/EP2 cuz I'm not done with those matter boards yet, but I still got a new board for EP3. Does that mean both parts will progress at a same time? The very first event in the EP3 matter board is to watch an event with Xiao and Matoi in Shop Area Monument Square. Now I'm afraid to walk around in Shop Area cuz I don't wana trigger the EP3 event, I kinda wana do the episodes in order. Is there anyway I can turn off EP3 events until I'm done with EP1 and 2?

Metalsnake27
Aug 27, 2014, 08:46 AM
When I went up to Shop Area, a message popped up. My Japanese isn't very good but I could sort of made out that it's asking me to choose to continue to play EP1/EP2 or start with EP3. I chose to continue EP1/EP2 cuz I'm not done with those matter boards yet, but I still got a new board for EP3. Does that mean both parts will progress at a same time? The very first event in the EP3 matter board is to watch an event with Xiao and Matoi in Shop Area Monument Square. Now I'm afraid to walk around in Shop Area cuz I don't wana trigger the EP3 event, I kinda wana do the episodes in order. Is there anyway I can turn off EP3 events until I'm done with EP1 and 2?

I think you're fine, I was walking around and nothing was popping up for me and I also chose episode1/2.

Matoi was still in the same spot she usually is so I didn't worry about it and I didn't see any other new npcs that I never met yet.

My guess is that if you do a guided matter of the episode 3 board it starts the episode 3 events. Just taking a guess though.

airprinzh2o
Aug 27, 2014, 08:55 AM
I think you're fine, I was walking around and nothing was popping up for me and I also chose episode1/2.

Matoi was still in the same spot she usually is so I didn't worry about it and I didn't see any other new npcs that I never met yet.

My guess is that if you do a guided matter of the episode 3 board it starts the episode 3 events. Just taking a guess though.

Oh great that's good to know~ Yeah my Matoi is still down in gate area too, I walked up to her and a cut scene started I was like NOOOOOO!!! But then it turns out to be just one of her "I still don't remember anything" cut scene (yeah I'm still in EP1)... but anyways I'm relieved now

EDIT: by the way I just realized I posted my question at the wrong thread lol sorry, cuz I have both this thread and the Quick Question thread opened at the same time

the_importer_
Aug 27, 2014, 09:13 AM
I chose EP3 by accident and now I have no clue what's going on with the story besides the fact that Matoi is showing more skin. I think there's an option to go back to EP1&2 but I don't know where it is.

AltesEisen
Aug 27, 2014, 02:12 PM
Posted this in the story thread BUT since after the #### fail the tweaker sent me here i guess i'll do a copy & paste. (IF this violates some rules/it's in the wrong place mod/s should feel free to tell me/delete this/other)

Anyway:

|
|
V

Hello, just registered today :)
And after that here's the real stuff :-P

<--------->

I'm having trouble with the story patch(NEW method); to make it short it won't work...the 1st time after installing EP3 i tried using it and it gave me a 1,5 GB dl after that it could NOT install it and said:

http://pastebin.com/3ApTLED4 THIS

i tried to have the tweaker search for missing files/errors and retried this time it only found 3,3 MB or so...again what i obtained in the end:

http://pastebin.com/KdhHzTHd yep...

So...what should i do now? :???:

P.S:I truly liked a lot more the old patching system, 0 problems and since i DO work during the day dl size was not an issue at all. ^^;

LinkDead56k
Aug 27, 2014, 02:40 PM
So I finally got done installing PSO2. Got all the new patches and everything...

For some reason my large files are NOT COMPATIBLE. I tried to install/update the large files. It will say it's installed, but at the top of the status bar it says "waiting for a command."

What do I do to fix this?

The Walrus
Aug 27, 2014, 02:41 PM
That's a general thing. It's letting you know that you shouldn't use the Large Files because the new ones aren't ready yet. So uninstall it.

Specialgirl
Aug 27, 2014, 02:41 PM
if you notice on the right side of the tweeker large files arnt compatible you must wait for them to fix large files simply uninstall them and you should beable to play?

LinkDead56k
Aug 27, 2014, 02:48 PM
That's a general thing. It's letting you know that you shouldn't use the Large Files because the new ones aren't ready yet. So uninstall it.

if you notice on the right side of the tweeker large files arnt compatible you must wait for them to fix large files simply uninstall them and you should beable to play?

thanks guys

wefwq
Aug 27, 2014, 10:11 PM
Why is Avast! now bitch up whenever tweaker tried to download translator.dll ?

DropHasABow
Aug 27, 2014, 10:40 PM
so ive uninstalled the large files and the game goes past the little intro movie after tho is stops and the game says it cant work anyone running into this error with TWC

KatherineAlexandra
Aug 28, 2014, 05:37 AM
Ever since DDoS, I've been having a lot of trouble getting pso2 updates through the tweaker. Most of the time, it gives me a time out error after about 5 seconds. Is anyone else experiencing this? Should I use the normal launcher for my updates, then back to tweaker for patching?

Kondibon
Aug 28, 2014, 01:32 PM
I wasn't sure if I should say this in the story patch thread or not, but whenever I try the new method for the story patch the tweaker just closes. I don't get any errors, it just closes after downloading a couple of things. Am I missing something?

RyukoX
Aug 28, 2014, 05:05 PM
is there a reason as to why im getting a perma loadscreen now with the red message at the bottom left....and if so How to fix this unholy thing

munekun
Aug 28, 2014, 09:52 PM
I am having a problem trying to download the new story patch. I think the pop up asked me to copy and paste this here, http://pastebin.com/MJqkA8Zr
Hope it's the correct link and that someone can help, Thanks.

Necroforger
Aug 28, 2014, 11:13 PM
I've been having some issues with the pso2 tweaker :-( . Upon starting the client, I'm confronted with two of these messages.

http://i.imgur.com/JRI1Bkn.png

After pressing OK on both of them, the client opens with a blank webpage on the side.

http://i.imgur.com/2SYnBVs.png

Trying to install the English patch returns "ERROR - an exception occured during a webclient request". The same occurs for the 'English large files' install.
When I try and install the English story patch, the tweaker crashes.

Is anyone else having the same problem?

KatherineAlexandra
Aug 29, 2014, 03:00 AM
Click the ORB -> Check for PSO2 Updates. You'll have to reinstall the english patches afterwards.

Weird - Do you have Skype?

Yep, I'll PM it to you

Chdata
Aug 29, 2014, 03:29 AM
I have pso source client 5 how to upgrade to client 7??

i know how dos.exe works but it cant help me!!

mrpso14
Aug 29, 2014, 07:50 AM
i have this problem, may i have assistance please!

http://pastebin.com/FNfzRg9b

Maronji
Aug 29, 2014, 07:53 AM
http://pastebin.com/FNfzRg9b

29/08/2014 13:33:10 Current Story Patch version is: 8/27/2104
I just noticed this. That's funny.

gib time machine AIDA

Achelousaurus
Aug 29, 2014, 08:33 AM
I often have a problem.
I get a message box saying their was an Error / Exception in the Webclient, this leads not being able to have English items.
Last time I had to delete the tweaker from my HD and download and update it again from the Arks Layer site.

Eternal255
Aug 29, 2014, 03:38 PM
New method for story patch says "assumes you have previous story patch" which i dont, and the site it tells you to go to doesnt have any sort of download. Am I missing something?

Tsuru
Aug 30, 2014, 02:48 AM
Hi, Aida ! Kinda sort of have a problem with story patch.
Since ep3 it don't work or in fact i can't install it after downloading it (new method).

30/08/2014 10:02:16 Checking for updates, please wait a moment...
30/08/2014 10:02:17: DEBUG - Checking for the latest version of the program...
30/08/2014 10:02:17 You have the latest version of the program: 2.7.3.2

30/08/2014 11:27:38 All done - System ready!
30/08/2014 11:27:45 Downloading story patch info... [OK!]
30/08/2014 11:30:37 Downloading Trans-Am tool... [OK!]
30/08/2014 11:31:20: DEBUG - Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.Unhandle dExceptionEventArgs

Any idea ? Maybe firewall or something or maybe i need to change permissions.
I think the easiest solution would be to allow the old method of download with rar.

Tsuru
Aug 30, 2014, 03:44 AM
The old RAR will be available again soon for those having issues with the new method, until we can figure out why it's happening.

Happy to hear that.

Btw here is the link for the entire bug. (see my post just before yours =3)
http://pastebin.com/hPfmHbs1

Ps: Before ep3, when i used new method for updating story patch (that i downloaded with old method), it downloaded, installed, worked but the problem is the fact that i needed to download each time again when i opened tweaker.

sinistermoo
Aug 30, 2014, 09:22 AM
Is it down for maintenance ? I keep getting the network 249 error.

darkfalz16
Aug 30, 2014, 10:43 AM
yea i keep getting error 249 as well tried the amazon thing to nothing works for me atm cant connect at all

x_nayru
Aug 30, 2014, 10:51 AM
Yeah, me too.

Hatsodoom
Aug 30, 2014, 12:35 PM
Problem fixed...

Achelousaurus
Aug 30, 2014, 01:43 PM
Did you try letting it through your antivirus/firewall?

Yeah. That's not the problem.
For some reason there is no log to post either.

FEI LEE
Aug 30, 2014, 02:01 PM
When I try to dl the Large Files through Tweaker I get a "Failed to contact EN patch website" error. J/w what the cause is.

RyukoX
Aug 30, 2014, 02:20 PM
What?

http://i.imgur.com/ZfopXWR.png

Achelousaurus
Aug 30, 2014, 03:50 PM
More questions...
1) You get casino passes from the Visiphone right?
I assume once every 22 or 24 hours?

2)Is it one pass per account or one pass per character?

3) what are the stats gonna be if I feed my mag nothing but 7*-9* s-atk weapons?

Anduril
Aug 30, 2014, 04:15 PM
More questions...
1) You get casino passes from the Visiphone right?
I assume once every 22 or 24 hours?

2)Is it one pass per account or one pass per character?

3) what are the stats gonna be if I feed my mag nothing but 7*-9* s-atk weapons?
I assume you meant to put this in quick questions, but whatever.

1) Coin passes seem to be a log-in reward like the stamps and daily FUN.
2) Because of that, it is one per account per day.
3) I think (don't quote me) that it comes out to somewhere around 152 S-ATK/23 DEX with all 9*.

Achelousaurus
Aug 30, 2014, 05:01 PM
Thanks.
And this is indeed not the Quick question thread.
Sorry, closed the wrong tab >_>

munekun
Aug 30, 2014, 07:18 PM
Sorry for posting this a second time but i am in somewhat of a hurry to find a fix for this problem. Me and a friend can not download the new method story patch. We are both met with this.-[spoiler-box]http://puu.sh/bd66T/95b2078a83.png[/spoiler-box]

TRINITY_LORD_HIDEN
Aug 30, 2014, 07:35 PM
Couldnt ask more than that great invention of youres thank you milady AIDA

AltesEisen
Aug 31, 2014, 03:51 AM
Sorry for posting this a second time but i am in somewhat of a hurry to find a fix for this problem. Me and a friend can not download the new method story patch. We are both met with this.-[spoiler-box]http://puu.sh/bd66T/95b2078a83.png[/spoiler-box]

Np, it's happening to a lot more ppl as well....BUT AIDA already said they're going to add back the old,good .rars; so just do like me/others and wait :-)

wefwq
Aug 31, 2014, 04:08 AM
http://i.imgur.com/ZfopXWR.png
That's advertisement space thingy, it's from SEGA, you can't change that.

xiaowi
Aug 31, 2014, 06:59 AM
Hi, i want to play this game but the instalation failed, may i ask what should i do to install the game and packs? do i just turn it on and select install folder? or do i install the game from other source first and then turn this orb thingy on and install language packs? a guide would be pretty cool.

munekun
Aug 31, 2014, 08:00 AM
Np, it's happening to a lot more ppl as well....BUT AIDA already said they're going to add back the old,good .rars; so just do like me/others and wait :-)

Oh, Okay. I wasn't aware that the issue was already known, lol.

munekun
Aug 31, 2014, 11:00 AM
Story Patch RAR is now available, and the method to install it (the old method) is now available in the Tweaker.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210236

Skip down to installing the game.

So if the new method doesn't work for you, the only other option is the 3gb download? Do you happen to know what is causing the new method to not work? And is it something that can be downloaded in a .rar and placed in the pso2 folder manually?

RyukoX
Aug 31, 2014, 06:12 PM
That's advertisement space thingy, it's from SEGA, you can't change that.

Its always there though and I get a permanent loading screen.

sinistermoo
Sep 1, 2014, 12:02 AM
A question about the translations.
I've installed all the English patches and everything, but it feels like only Titles of things are in English. Things like the dialog pop up boxes are still JP with only a few of them being in English. I literally have no idea what I'm doing because it's all in JP. Item names are still JP, nearly everything besides the main story is in JP. Is this normal?

infiniteeverlasting
Sep 1, 2014, 12:07 AM
A question about the translations.
I've installed all the English patches and everything, but it feels like only Titles of things are in English. Things like the dialog pop up boxes are still JP with only a few of them being in English. I literally have no idea what I'm doing because it's all in JP. Item names are still JP, nearly everything besides the main story is in JP. Is this normal?

I believe you have forgotten to install the story patch and the pso2 tweaker (it's the English launcher that patches the game for you)

sinistermoo
Sep 1, 2014, 12:17 AM
I believe you have forgotten to install the story patch and the pso2 tweaker (it's the English launcher that patches the game for you)

I've had tweaker installed, I installed all of the patches. Here's a picture to understand a little better I guess
http://i.imgur.com/4OQAOPq.jpg
Nearly ALL of these pop up info boxes are in JP. And you can see that some things are in EN. I tried reinstalling all of the patches again, no luck.
Was there a step I missed installing the game? I thought I'd followed it pretty closely.
Edit: I should also mention that the login screen is also in English, at least the buttons are but not the text in the middle.

Maronji
Sep 1, 2014, 01:29 AM
http://i.imgur.com/4OQAOPq.jpg
Nearly ALL of these pop up info boxes are in JP.

Actually, that's normal. An overwhelming majority of those windows aren't translated, if memory serves.

xiaowi
Sep 1, 2014, 05:08 AM
this tweaker just dies at some point during the dowload, at the first try it died at 14GB and 2nd and third it died at 19 GB of downloading the game. >.< something wrong with my pc i guess

Limbo_lag
Sep 3, 2014, 01:14 AM
So I downloaded the story patch using the new method via tweaker.

Just have a question regarding this: I was not given an option to backup my original JP story files. Has tweaker done it automatically? Or will I have to redownload all the JP story files (and then redl ALL the eng story files again) the next time an update happens? D:

Shear
Sep 3, 2014, 02:13 AM
The new Method makes Backups redundant since it doesn't change any Files.

Limbo_lag
Sep 3, 2014, 08:06 AM
:O thats pretty neat. I'm curious as to how this new method actually works. What does the trans-am tool do?

renzokuken4
Sep 3, 2014, 12:35 PM
Hello, I have a question which may or may not be about the proxy. I have the game running but every time I've tried to log in, it said the server connection timed out. I am using the manual version of the proxy. Do you have any idea what the problem maybe. Also how do i run the tweaker with the command line flag -nodllcheck. Thanks.

Crystal_Shard
Sep 3, 2014, 08:59 PM
So, recently, I've had to use the tweaker because my usual methods for connecting have been too slow or have somehow been blocked. It's been working great so far, with the exception of a few annoying factors:

The tweaker keeps prompting me to update it every time I run it. Is there a way to permanently have the updated version downloaded by default and/or is the latest version finally available on the main site?
I've noticed that the default item translation patch is active by default, and switching it off stops the proxy from working. Is there be a way to disable just the item patch without disabling the proxy?
Finally, when disabling the item patch in game via CTRL+ F1, I find that it blocks my use of the first chat shortcut key and doesn't always activate. Might it be possible to have the shortcut key customizable from the tweaker menu, or changed to something with less overlap from the game itself?

EspeonageTieler
Sep 3, 2014, 11:22 PM
is anyone is getting a bug where the tweaker proxy causes you to see everyones team chats? i dont use it but my friend and brother do and theyd liek to know how to fix it

DS23
Sep 3, 2014, 11:44 PM
http://pastebin.com/FpPkTsBe

Crystal_Shard
Sep 4, 2014, 07:53 PM
In the options, you can override it and make it stop asking.

This is a much requested feature, and something I'll be doing in the next few days.

Open the menu -> Configure Item Translation.

Thanks for the reply AIDA. I managed to find the configuration options for the item patch shortcuts last night, so I sorted out that issue. I'll check about the update override later. :3

JeffHikari
Sep 5, 2014, 08:55 AM
I've been looking through the thread and can't find a similar issue to mine, I believe it has to do with the story patch.

Sometimes when I activate one of those cutscene cards, the game gets stuck at a black screen. I can still access chat and can Alt+F4 to bring up the Logout/Close game window, but that's it. Any clue what's going on here?

Zombiesworld
Sep 5, 2014, 05:53 PM
Hey guys, I'm having some problems. And here they are..

Program started...
Program opened successfully! Version 2.7.3.1 [OK!]
Checking for updates, please wait a moment...
Downloading Update...
ERROR - The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform.
Your 7za.exe seem to be corrupt, redownloading...
Your UnRar.exe seem to be corrupt, redownloading...
Loading sidebar page...
Checking for PSO2 Updates...
ERROR - Unable to connect to the remote server Done!
Checking for updates to patches...
ERROR - Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Current Story Patch version is: 8/27/2014
ERROR - Unable to connect to the remote server
Current EN Patch version is: patch_2014_08_29
Current Large Files version is: 2014_08_29_largefiles
If any of the above versions are incorrect, use the override in options to fix them.
Downloading latest item translation files... Done!
All done!
Downloading EN patch...

Any help will be much appreciated!

Idolon
Sep 5, 2014, 05:59 PM
:O thats pretty neat. I'm curious as to how this new method actually works. What does the trans-am tool do?

I think it was mentioned a bit earlier in this thread, but it's a tool that applies some sort of difference patch to your existing files. Instead of distributing the whole files, they just send the parts that need to be changed and the tool makes those changes.

Also, given how long it takes to apply the patch and that the patch still works even after Sega updates files, I'd guess that it's doing some sort of search and replace to find the Japanese strings and replace them with English ones. This could require unpacking and repacking the files. If so, I would expect the full details of how it works to remain in secrecy.

Zekester
Sep 6, 2014, 01:28 AM
Greetings,

I used to connect through the Proxycap/Amazon way and my free trial of proxycap expired. My buddy showed me that the Tweaker has proxycap now and so I downloaded it, followed the guide inputting the publickey.blob within the pso2.bin folder, etc. Once launching the game from the Tweaker, it goes through the start phase, and into the intro moive, but once after that pso2.exe crashes.

Any fix? Forgive me if this issue has been resolved in the past pages, there's over 500 pages..

LotusFX
Sep 6, 2014, 08:22 AM
Hey guys, I'm having some problems. And here they are..

Program started...
Program opened successfully! Version 2.7.3.1 [OK!]
Downloading Update...
ERROR - The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform.
Loading sidebar page...
ERROR - Unable to connect to the remote server Done!
ERROR - Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Current Story Patch version is: 8/27/2014
Current EN Patch version is: patch_2014_08_29
Current Large Files version is: 2014_08_29_largefiles
If any of the above versions are incorrect, use the override in options to fix them.
Downloading latest item translation files... Done!
All done!
Downloading EN patch...

Any help will be much appreciated!

Ditto. I think Aida has already answered which causes the issue.

UnLucky
Sep 8, 2014, 03:44 AM
Crosspost:

Could be easier, honestly.

Tweaker still doesn't automatically install patches for me despite setting that in the options and there being a compatible patch released for that version.

It'd be nice if it mentioned the patches if you're running vanilla JP, either on start or after an install/update. Could be a single click to install all preselected patches, save for incompatible ones.

Also the proxy setup just gives you no help at all so you have to Google it for some code or something somewhere? Whatever, not gonna bother, skip. :-?

K.O. Kazjivo
Sep 8, 2014, 09:18 PM
Found the fix to my first problem, I had my pso2 tweaker shortcut in the wrong folder rather than the desktop. I think the files could not be made, that's why.

Fixed my second problem again.

Now I can't log in because of error 249... lol what's happening here....

SuKKrl
Sep 9, 2014, 12:21 AM
I've found these 2 small translation issues lately. I know some recent posts on the story patch thread are about this but those are not story related and are probably best suited to this thread.

Stay "shard" -> stay sharp
http://i.imgur.com/vhKonZk.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

2x rear units! (it should be "Leg /" there) [SPOILER]My units suck, I know this and I need more meseta and less Dudu, and there is affix fodder locked... and why am I explaining myself?
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/fkYfkkV.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

zeltrax19
Sep 9, 2014, 05:34 AM
i dont know if this is the right place to say this but the story patch had a glitch where at
F7 of EP1 - 7 the conversation between my char and Rogio didnt go well no translation and no message on the bubble and the scene is weird.
i used the 08-27-2014 story patch

Limbo_lag
Sep 10, 2014, 12:39 AM
Can someone please clarify exactly how this new method of story DLing works? Coz I just had to re-download about 2gigs worth of JP story files using tweaker during todays update (was only supposed to be 50mb).

Just to be clear, there was no option to do a "backup of JP files" when I originally downloaded the eng story patch. And yes, everything was done via tweaker. I didn't pre-download a rar or anything.

EDIT: Might be a good idea to implement a manual "backup" or "restore backup" tab (split into like, "backup JP story files", "backup jp large files" etc?

Rain Walker
Sep 10, 2014, 07:43 AM
EDIT: Might be a good idea to implement a manual "backup" or "restore backup" tab (split into like, "backup JP story files", "backup jp large files" etc?

It's done automatically everytime you install a patch, even with the new method. Might as well check the tweaker option
http://i.imgur.com/RpO2ruT.png

kabutozero
Sep 10, 2014, 02:36 PM
"things break when I sleep" ... ¬¬ AIDA you made me lost like all the time on this last falz because apparently pso 2 broke ( "pso2 has stopped working" when the game was opening) with this last tweaker update... I managed to get in 3 min before after testing thousands of things and at the end I redownloaded the tweaker which wasn't the latest version and it didn't break anymore ¬¬

zeltrax19
Sep 10, 2014, 05:05 PM
mine got an error of fopen().blob error everytime i launch the game using tweaker this didnt happen before the tweaker update

LoN_Lina
Sep 10, 2014, 06:02 PM
Just to start I Love the PC tweaker.
When is tweaker on my phone going to translate items, missions, tutorials or even the rest of the menus?
Again thanks for the awesome work you do on tweaker

DAIKO
Sep 10, 2014, 06:14 PM
Hey so I haven't logged on since the DDoS attack, updating PSO2, since my first few attempts at logging on resulted in system message "Server connection timed out"

I am wondering if there's anything I'm missing, am I still unable to log on to PSO2 without using a VPN? I never received a confirmation email from SEGA either (nor do I remember the email address I used)

How are people logging on nowadays?

zeltrax19
Sep 10, 2014, 08:50 PM
Hey so I haven't logged on since the DDoS attack, updating PSO2, since my first few attempts at logging on resulted in system message "Server connection timed out"

I am wondering if there's anything I'm missing, am I still unable to log on to PSO2 without using a VPN? I never received a confirmation email from SEGA either (nor do I remember the email address I used)

How are people logging on nowadays?

yes you have to use VPN to play. for your email i think someone already has a solution how to change it but i dont remember if it in this site or on the bump site you just have to defeat the captcha boss XD to edit your information.

Rien
Sep 10, 2014, 09:24 PM
So what do I do if I keep getting "disconnected from server" after inputting my password?

This proxy suddenly started to not work

Rayden
Sep 12, 2014, 09:11 PM
Are there any plans to translate the custom tech discs yet?

chikko1988
Sep 21, 2014, 07:53 AM
I'm having a problem lately on downloading the Item Translation Patch - it takes time to download and if it gets done after the long wait (can last up to 5 minutes) missing translations are present.

It only happens on the Item Translation Patch I tried restoring the vanilla story files and re-patch it using the new method and it downloaded the necessary files needed (5MB I think) fast as it should.

EDIT: I somehow get this error now after waiting if it gets done...
[spoiler-box]
http://i.imgur.com/pbhlHVz.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

Volfield
Sep 21, 2014, 09:20 PM
Reporting a Bug when using Tweaker:

Upon installing ATLEAST the basic eng patch from the tweaker and running the game.
I log into the game just fine, pso2proxy and all, but when the loading finishes into the lobby, every single character loads individually and halts the game's fps to 0 until the loading is done, no commands are accepted until it finishes loading.
I redownloaded the pso2eng setup from arks layer, did a fresh install of tweaker and the game, no eng patchs nor item patchs and logged in.

The game ran just fine, full 60+ fps loading in and out smoothly, walking around lobby loading new chars as time flew by with no FPS drops.
Installed the basic eng patch. FPS Drops came back.
Installed large eng patch, still had FPS drops.

AIDA or someone, contact me ingame (ID: Volfieldptrs).
If needed i'll make a recording of the happening.

I'm hoping there's a solution because the game is almost unplayable with patches on for me.
GPU: AMD 7870 (Latest beta drivers 14.7)
CPU: Intel Core i7-3930K
Framework and everything else up to date.
Virtual Fullscreen is how i play.

If it helps.

MarvinTheMartian
Sep 24, 2014, 02:17 AM
Anyone else getting this 1.21gb download after updating today?

ContinuumXIX
Sep 24, 2014, 05:04 AM
For some reason my tweaker continues to show the game as offline :l. Whenever I get to the ship selection screen, it takes forever to load, then when it does load, all the ships are greyed out and I get a connection timed out message a little bit later. I use pingzapper to connect, and I haven't changed any settings in it.

wefwq
Sep 24, 2014, 05:24 AM
Anyone else getting this 1.21gb download after updating today?
Nope. My tweaker just download small patch.

MarvinTheMartian
Sep 24, 2014, 05:34 AM
Finally got in-game, though the item translation isn't working at the moment? or is it just me.

KakuRoze
Sep 24, 2014, 06:00 AM
Item translation is not working for me either

Truize
Sep 24, 2014, 06:59 AM
Patching seems slow or its just me...

Its my 5th time trying to repatch everything after the maintenance and I'm just stuck in here.

http://a.pomf.se/jfrtzt.png

edit: now it actually failed and here's the log - http://pastebin.com/1AbFAW61

another one - http://pastebin.com/F0GaX6t7

Hatsodoom
Sep 24, 2014, 10:01 PM
So... TWC is apperently undergoing some issues which prevent me from connecting. That I get, but why is this "pastebin.com" site popping up seemingly at random? (Although it only happens while using Firefox and usually when attempting to open a new tab.) The text that is shown shows text that all relates to the Tweaker. So is the TWC issue related to this somehow? I scanned my PC using Microsoft Security Essentials, TDSS Killer and Rogue Killer but nothing popped up.

MechaMan
Sep 25, 2014, 04:29 AM
Yeah I dunno what's going on. I was fine last night until I got disconnected last night, and since then the tweaker shows as Offline. When I launch the game all ships are greyed out and it takes a while to load. Hopefully it's just some temporary problem, unless that load test that's coming up is for a specific reason...lol ^^;

Hatsodoom
Sep 25, 2014, 08:55 AM
Yeah I dunno what's going on. I was fine last night until I got disconnected last night, and since then the tweaker shows as Offline. When I launch the game all ships are greyed out and it takes a while to load. Hopefully it's just some temporary problem, unless that load test that's coming up is for a specific reason...lol ^^;

Same thing here. Was working fine Wednesday morning then that evening well... some guy on the "Ask a Quick Question" forum says it's an issue in TWC's end.

Hatsodoom
Sep 25, 2014, 08:09 PM
So... TWC is apperently undergoing some issues which prevent me from connecting. That I get, but why is this "pastebin.com" site popping up seemingly at random? (Although it only happens while using Firefox and usually when attempting to open a new tab.) The text that is shown shows text that all relates to the Tweaker. So is the TWC issue related to this somehow? I scanned my PC using Microsoft Security Essentials, TDSS Killer and Rogue Killer but nothing popped up.

Anything on this by the way? I now know it has to do w/ the Tweaker, as it'll pop up when I close the Tweaker. Seems to happen at random however, never any consistant percentage.

striderbeta
Sep 26, 2014, 08:58 PM
Just downloaded a new patch to PSO2 and now Tweaker is unable to connect to the site to download the Large Files pack. I'm new here, so wasn't sure if this is related to the TWC issues listed above or not. Here's the link Tweaker asked me to post for you.

http://pastebin.com/uTLz2PEE

maxiusagi
Sep 26, 2014, 09:45 PM
can you help?
my friend can play fine yesterday, but he can't connect with tweaker today
http://pastebin.com/fvxk5p7M

Hobu
Sep 27, 2014, 06:35 AM
Same here. I can't get the tweaker working for some reason.

TeruBesu
Sep 27, 2014, 06:47 AM
Not sure if the tweaker is acting up or it's our net that's acting up
http://pastebin.com/nSzz639a

UnLucky
Sep 27, 2014, 06:54 AM
Is the "Currently Selected Directory" at the top correct?

It should be right above "Remove Censor File"

You can set it with the first option from the orb.

Hobu
Sep 27, 2014, 07:01 AM
I encountered something weird today. I can only update the PSO tweaker when I use softether. If I disconnect softether and try to update the tweaker, it times out.

Hatsodoom
Sep 27, 2014, 09:12 AM
K so the pastebin stuff IS normal...

chikko1988
Sep 28, 2014, 04:20 AM
Item Translation Patch for doesn't even finish anymore - if I uncheck it from PSO2T I get "Server Connection Time Out" Message when trying to login despite PSO2Proxy says all server status are normal :-(

Haruxyuuto
Sep 28, 2014, 06:12 AM
Guys why does the tweaker getting errors like these?
i even tried re-installing the tweaker but still got the same result.
i wonder if something is missing.
please help me TAT

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag439/marloncabrogas/untitled_zps78594f99.jpg (http://s1374.photobucket.com/user/marloncabrogas/media/untitled_zps78594f99.jpg.html)

SakuRei
Sep 28, 2014, 07:24 AM
http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp340/stdaniel_004/Somekindoferror_zps1ce88970.png

I just noticed something while patching and it seems there's a problem I'm encountering at the Story Patch new method via tweaker having these error files. I tried re-checking if there are old or missing files or new updates via tweaker but all are green, but when I re-download all the patch files, these went in when I'm at the story patch (New method). Does anyone encounter this one as well?

kuraizo
Sep 28, 2014, 08:17 AM
hey guys,
My PSO2 JP client does not seem to work. ^^;
I originally downloaded the PSO2 Sea client,
then used the tweaker to download missing files,
updated the exe's, downloaded patches,
and pretty much everything needed for the JP client.

And I use:
SoftEther VPN Client Manager to use JP ip,
the tweaker to launch PSO2,

and when the PSO2 window appears,
i'm stuck in a black screen before the opening videos,
tried removing opening vids from tweaker,
and clicked 4 times and still nothing.

any suggestions or tips?

Volfield
Sep 28, 2014, 03:15 PM
-> PSO2 SEA Client <-

There's your problem, just delete everything and use the installer from Arks Layer

SirEdeonX
Sep 28, 2014, 08:20 PM
Guys why does the tweaker getting errors like these?
i even tried re-installing the tweaker but still got the same result.
i wonder if something is missing.
please help me TAT

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag439/marloncabrogas/untitled_zps78594f99.jpg (http://s1374.photobucket.com/user/marloncabrogas/media/untitled_zps78594f99.jpg.html)

Me and a friend of mine have this exact same problem :(
I also get a Server Connection Timed Out in the game, which I'm guessing is cuz when I try to check the Item Translation box, the tweaker just closes :<

doomdragon83
Sep 29, 2014, 02:37 PM
I started the tweaker, while this isn't an issue, I thought I post it anyway:
http://i.imgur.com/GEvDqwl.jpg
It looks weird, that's all.

striderbeta
Sep 29, 2014, 03:11 PM
Thank you for the new version of Tweaker. All patches are properly downloading now. Still having an issue with item translation though. Many items don't show description text, and in a few cases even the name appears in Japanese. Not sure if it's due to translations not being complete or the program not making the replacements.

SakuRei
Sep 30, 2014, 07:29 AM
Any solutions for this one though?

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp340/stdaniel_004/Somekindoferror_zps1ce88970.png

I just noticed something while patching and it seems there's a problem I'm encountering at the Story Patch new method via tweaker having these error files. I tried re-checking if there are old or missing files or new updates via tweaker but all are green, but when I re-download all the patch files, these went in when I'm at the story patch (New method). Does anyone encounter this one as well?
[/SPOILER-BOX]

AoG
Sep 30, 2014, 11:37 AM
I just started getting buged (unable to move nor access the menus) everytime i talk to a npc, except for the quest encounter, every npc i try to talk to gets me buged and i have to restart, i dont know if it is because the patches or the pso2proxy server, does someone know how to fix it?

WinterSpirit
Sep 30, 2014, 03:08 PM
http://pastebin.com/0bjqBiVK When I try to use the proxy it tells me "ERROR - Could not find file 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts'. [FAILED!]" Know why this happens? (I've never used the proxy before.)

SakuRei
Sep 30, 2014, 09:20 PM
THis is going to sound silly, but you're using PSO2JP, not PSO2SEA, right?

@AIDA, yeah, I'm playing PSO2 JP only, though I re-downloaded the whole original story files again via tweaker and re-patched the story patch(new method) again though the error happened in 1 file, the rest are okay as seen here...

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp340/stdaniel_004/Anotherkindoferroragain_zps8fd5445f.png

AgentLeopard
Sep 30, 2014, 11:11 PM
Hi.
So what's this about an eviction in the patcher notes?
I'm concerned both for my own selfish reasons (NO PSO2?! GNOOOOES!) and because I've been evicted and it's kinda fucked up. What's going on, eh?

auxy
Oct 1, 2014, 12:53 AM
Hi.
I'm concerned both for my own selfish reasons (NO PSO2?! GNOOOOES!) and because I've been evicted and it's kinda fucked up. What's going on, eh?I'm concerned also, as I am also a former evictee -- I don't have any money, but my older brother pitched in some for me; I'd like to know what's going on tho.

Nikoshae
Oct 1, 2014, 01:00 AM
Hi.
I'm concerned both for my own selfish reasons (NO PSO2?! GNOOOOES!) and because I've been evicted and it's kinda fucked up. What's going on, eh?

I'd like to know as well o.o

mopdog
Oct 1, 2014, 01:25 AM
I'm also concerned for Aida. Eviction is a really serious issue. If Aida needs to stop translating to protect him/herself then it's best it happens. Hopefully us English player community can find an alternative if this happens.

kuraizo
Oct 1, 2014, 07:56 AM
:-?
can anyone enlighten me about this option?
thanks

I_Am
Oct 1, 2014, 09:14 AM
Kuraizo I assume it's the text censor for vulgar language.

I am too also wondering about this eviction thing. I just got back into this game after so long, and also homelessness sucks.

Hatsodoom
Oct 1, 2014, 10:17 AM
What does eviction mean in this case?

Edit: OH SH... YOU MEAN GETTING BOOTED OUT OF HIS HOME?! Well does buying AC/WM help him out, cuze I may buy some more tonight if it does help him out.

Punisher106
Oct 1, 2014, 11:37 AM
Yeah. Eviction? Geez. Aida, I suggest adding a miniscule tax on the webmoney service, if you get a lot out of it. Maybe a couple of extra dollars if it's doing really well, as it would pile up quickly. The donation bit is a fairly good idea, too. I hope you can get out of that hole.

Hatsodoom
Oct 1, 2014, 01:12 PM
It's a series of bad circumstances happening all at once - 2 out of the 3 people in our house lost their jobs, at the worst possible time. I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really hate asking for this kind of thing ><

Let me be clear in that I am NOT holding the Tweaker or other services "hostage" or anything - They'll continue to function, as I've rewritten the code long ago to be nearly self-sufficient (to the best I can, SEGA is still SEGA after all.) The moment I have enough, I'll take down the notice and weep with happiness at how kind people are ;_;

We understand, I'm gonna buy some WM tonight, maybe throw in a few extra bucks so you can avoid all this.

TriptychSTi
Oct 1, 2014, 03:44 PM
It's a series of bad circumstances happening all at once - 2 out of the 3 people in our house lost their jobs, at the worst possible time. I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really hate asking for this kind of thing ><

Let me be clear in that I am NOT holding the Tweaker or other services "hostage" or anything - They'll continue to function, as I've rewritten the code long ago to be nearly self-sufficient (to the best I can, SEGA is still SEGA after all.) The moment I have enough, I'll take down the notice and weep with happiness at how kind people are ;_;

We understand, I'm gonna buy some WM tonight, maybe throw in a few extra bucks so you can avoid all this.

Hello all o/

Been roaming around the forums as a guest and decided that I will make an account here due to the current circumstances.
Seeing how AIDA's current issue, and how much effort he/she puts into the tweaker, I too will help out. :D

Shear
Oct 1, 2014, 04:09 PM
I fell for you Aida, I threw some 15 bucks your way hoping it will help a little.

pkemr4
Oct 1, 2014, 04:13 PM
atleast make it open source.

Link_of_Hyrule
Oct 2, 2014, 07:33 AM
So I love this program and I've been using it for quite a while now. Thanks a lot for all your hard work! Now I'm wondering is there a way to get this also working to patch and have a Singapore proxy for the official English version ( http://pso2.playpark.com/en/darkfalzupdate/ lof the game? I know it's behind and some translations might not be as good but it's less patching and everything is translated as opposed to only most things. Anyways I would love this! The actual installer is on a torrent and the patches can be downloaded from that website by someone in that region or with a proxy or VPN. I played the game just fine with a VPN but being able to use the pso2 proxy in the tweaker with it would be much easier.

sol_trigger
Oct 2, 2014, 09:29 AM
this doesnt work anymore, click launch PSO2 > nothing happen, PSO2 tweaker and pso2.exe still running on task manager

Shear
Oct 2, 2014, 11:15 AM
Are you sure it's not your PC? I just used it an Hour ago.

sol_trigger
Oct 2, 2014, 11:43 AM
dont know, restarted computer and it worked

Arrow
Oct 2, 2014, 03:58 PM
Ok it's been a very long time since I last played PSO2 and I'm trying to reinstall it onto my computer.

I've hit a small bump in the road trying.
Ok so first thing: I used the tweaker to install PSO2 fresh and was really surprised by how fast it downloaded (was expecting days, not minutes).
When it was done I hit launch, gameguard loaded up and the window opened...but then it crashed.
So I tried to install the English patches (because I recall having this sort of problem before where something was not installed correctly it would crash upon opening.)
Still no luck.
Then I tried to check for updates and tweaker started checking and downloading files.
I left it for a while and I came back to the tweaker closing and opening up the pastebin log.

I scrolled to see what happened and this is the only error that stands out
147.10/2/2014 4:49:05 PM: DEBUG - Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.Unhandle dExceptionEventArgs

Part of me is thinking about going about this the old fashioned way...
...if going to the JP site, downloading the vanilla client and then going to that site to get the English patches is still available?

Or is there something I could be missing that's not allowing the tweaker to fully function?
EDIT: ok I'm an idiot on that. So uh...without my old workaround...what do?

Here's the pastebin of the actions immediately prior to the error:

[SPOILER-BOX]133.10/2/2014 4:41:31 PM Checking for necessary files...

134.10/2/2014 4:41:31 PM Done!

135.10/2/2014 4:41:31 PM Checking for folders...

136.10/2/2014 4:41:31 PM Done!

137.10/2/2014 4:41:31 PM Done testing! If you got any errors here, please carry out the recommended steps.

138.10/2/2014 4:41:48 PM Downloading Patch file #1...

139.10/2/2014 4:41:48 PM Done!

140.10/2/2014 4:41:48 PM Downloading Patch file #2...

141.10/2/2014 4:41:49 PM Done!

142.10/2/2014 4:41:49 PM Downloading Patch file #3...

143.10/2/2014 4:41:49 PM Done!

144.10/2/2014 4:41:49 PM Downloading Patch file #4...

145.10/2/2014 4:41:50 PM Done!

146.10/2/2014 4:41:51 PM Checking for all files...

147.10/2/2014 4:49:05 PM: DEBUG - Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.Unhandle dExceptionEventArgs[/SPOILER-BOX]

Arrow
Oct 2, 2014, 05:37 PM
yeah. I can replicate it with ease.

From the days of old, I would normally resort to using the vanilla launcher to update.
Is this still possible at all?

I tried using the launcher to see if I could do this and I get this

http://i.imgur.com/p5Ynm9q.png[/spoiler-box]
Is this because of server issues (confirm are there still problems with the servers?)

Or am I having serious case of bad luck right now?

also I did some digging and found the English installer
would this be my alternative? [s]Even though I dislike trying to torrent stuff (had a bad experience in the past and I said never again.)

Shear
Oct 2, 2014, 06:43 PM
Try going to the pso2.jp site, if it doesn't open you are a Victim of the Connection Trouble and you have to use a Proxy to connect.
If it does then I'm out of Ideas -.-

Arrow
Oct 2, 2014, 06:52 PM
Actually yes, I cannot connect to the jp site.
ok ...great...proxys...another thing that attempting to get PSO2 working will teach me to use.

Actually...
I set up that proxy thing in the tweaker... is there more I have to do?
Cause that would be way too easy.

EDIT: OK so I think I might have figured out a way to work things.
So pretty much I'm missing the large majority of my win32 folder. or I should say almost all of it
When I try to install updates which I believe is what didn't happen, the tweaker will crash sometimes. Right now it seems to be working (inb4 another crash) and is capable of resuming after a crash but...
my gut tells me there's still something wrong in the fact that it does keep crashing.

sol_trigger
Oct 2, 2014, 07:11 PM
is there a way to have the item translation without running the tweaker ? i ran the game thru the official launcher and the item translation was not there

Sirius-91
Oct 2, 2014, 10:10 PM
is there a way to have the item translation without running the tweaker ? i ran the game thru the official launcher and the item translation was not there

Tweaker uses a hooking method to attach itself to the game's process to bring you a item translation.

isCasted
Oct 3, 2014, 03:48 AM
Tweaker wants to either install or delete new precede data after downloading, I had to close it through Task Manager to avoid it.

EDIT: Looks like it installed most of the files without my permission when I launched it with -pso2 key. Have to do file check now.

Apprentice
Oct 3, 2014, 08:26 AM
Tweaker wants to either install or delete new precede data after downloading, I had to close it through Task Manager to avoid it.

This has proven rather annoying.
i've downloaded the precede with JPN launcher, but now everytime i run tweaker i get greeted by that.
Which also means i dont get item translation since theres no way around it other than closing the process.

Apprentice
Oct 3, 2014, 08:34 AM
You shouldn't get that anymore. Please confirm this for me, thanks~!

Thank you, its working now.

Zekester
Oct 3, 2014, 12:51 PM
Greetings,

Been a few weeks to maybe 2 months since I last logged in to PSO2, but when launching the game from the Tweaker I get all the way to inputting my password to sign in and it's telling me "Server connection timed out". Not 100% sure if this is the time for a changed password or something from the Tweaker. Any thoughts?

NotRankin
Oct 3, 2014, 01:15 PM
Greetings,

Been a few weeks to maybe 2 months since I last logged in to PSO2, but when launching the game from the Tweaker I get all the way to inputting my password to sign in and it's telling me "Server connection timed out". Not 100% sure if this is the time for a changed password or something from the Tweaker. Any thoughts?

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220299

Ryukan
Oct 3, 2014, 01:26 PM
hi, i've read what to do with tweaker, i've put in my e-mail address to get an email about creating an id but it doesnt send me an email i just get
Error (027)
is a network error.

any ideas what i need to do?

isCasted
Oct 3, 2014, 03:00 PM
You said it installed the precede files when it launched with -pso2?

Well, when I downloaded precede data and saw that question, I closed Tweaker through Task Manager, checking that size of -precede folder is around 1 GB. Then I started Tweaker again, saw the message again and closed it with Task Manager again. Then I loaded it with -pso2 flag, saw black screen, then saw that _precede folder halved in size. I am not sure about when exactly those files got installed, but it definitely happened without my agreement.

MarvinTheMartian
Oct 3, 2014, 06:44 PM
Just launched PSO2 Tweaker, it made me download this pre-patch stuff. Is this needed?

sol_trigger
Oct 3, 2014, 09:02 PM
everytime i launch the game, pso2.exe crashed. This happened after i downloaded and applied the pre-patch yesterday... what do i do now

doing a check for updates and it's asking me to update a 780mb data....i hope this will work

Sizustar
Oct 3, 2014, 10:52 PM
everytime i launch the game, pso2.exe crashed. This happened after i downloaded and applied the pre-patch yesterday... what do i do now

doing a check for updates and it's asking me to update a 780mb data....i hope this will work

Did you use the tweaker to restore language file, before doing a file check?
Because thay can save alot of time, since it won't download stuff that can be easily replaced.

Just launched PSO2 Tweaker, it made me download this pre-patch stuff. Is this needed?

It saves you time, for when the implment the update, you won't have to sit and wait for it to download, instead able to just login and play almost immediately.
But if you want to download the update when it gets implmeneted insead, that is your choice.

sol_trigger
Oct 5, 2014, 12:41 AM
Did you use the tweaker to restore language file, before doing a file check?
Because thay can save alot of time, since it won't download stuff that can be easily replaced.

It saves you time, for when the implment the update, you won't have to sit and wait for it to download, instead able to just login and play almost immediately.
But if you want to download the update when it gets implmeneted insead, that is your choice.

no...when i downloaded the pre-patch tweaker asked me if i want to install the pre-patch or not

if i choose yes > tweaker install the patch > game broken, cant play
if i choose no > tweaker delete pre-patch files, what's the point of downloading them if we cant save them til the actual patch day ?

GamesoulMaster
Oct 6, 2014, 12:27 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220299

They're still continuing to add ISP's to their ban list even after all these months? I really wish they'd stop doing that, because now it seems they added mine a few days ago.

On an unrelated note, I've been very happy with the tweaker and it's been running quite well for me :)

sol_trigger
Oct 6, 2014, 02:11 AM
It should not be asking you to install it yet - It's doing this right now?

yes it doesnt ask now

Truize
Oct 6, 2014, 11:37 AM
I already downloaded this pre-patch thing and why does it asking me to download the second time?

Courina
Oct 6, 2014, 11:51 AM
request uuuh.... new option for Custom Files Injector + back up ? well ... you know, for personal mods... hee hee hee

i could just pack it in zip/rar with the other patch... but im kinda lazy do it every update... *has been kicked to sky*

genjen
Oct 6, 2014, 12:34 PM
I already downloaded this pre-patch thing and why does it asking me to download the second time?

because theres several pre-patches before the big update

sol_trigger
Oct 7, 2014, 06:25 AM
i have download the pre-patch thru the tweaker, tomorrow i can just run the tweaker and choose "check for update" right ?

isCasted
Oct 8, 2014, 01:30 AM
Prepatch was installed before backup restoration again.

MarvinTheMartian
Oct 8, 2014, 08:58 AM
Updated everything and launched the game after maintenance was over, now I am stuck in the loading screen (Blue swirling thing). I can't even get in the main lobby :O

pkemr4
Oct 8, 2014, 09:11 AM
>forced to use item patch
>forced to use proxy

Sorazure
Oct 8, 2014, 09:14 AM
Same issue here. I'm stuck at the screen with the swirling light after I select my character. Although, I was able to get in fine with all translation patches turned off.

striderbeta
Oct 8, 2014, 10:18 AM
Same issue here. I'm stuck at the screen with the swirling light after I select my character. Although, I was able to get in fine with all translation patches turned off.

Was stuck on loading screen too, but for me fixing the error just required uninstalling the large files patch and redownloading the original JP version. It's listed as not compatible with this new patch, that's probably why.

Digital-Force
Oct 8, 2014, 11:23 AM
>forced to use proxy

This. I don't need either of them and don't want to be forced to use them.

Casually turned off and uninstalled the item patch from the Tweaker menu where possible and it seems to be gone.
I don't have PSO2Proxy set up, so I'm unsure if it automatically used it like the item patch. Guessing it didn't, but don't take my word for it.

Zerex
Oct 8, 2014, 12:12 PM
Any ideas where i go to delete the DLL file for pso2 proxy? I do not want it as i don't use the proxy.

Why should this be forced?

Arrow
Oct 8, 2014, 12:58 PM
>forced to use proxy

The term you're looking for is "on by default."
The only thing forcing you to use the proxy is if you cannot connect normally.
The off switch for both is right in the menu if you choose to disable them.

The proxy is in orb>other tasks>revert PSO2proxy to JP
Item translation patch is the checkbox at the bottom of the orb menu.

pkemr4
Oct 8, 2014, 01:11 PM
i dont even have the translate items checkboxed and its still enabled ingame...

landman
Oct 8, 2014, 01:20 PM
So... if I never set up the proxy... did I connect with it this time? Do not like...

Arrow
Oct 8, 2014, 02:02 PM
i dont even have the translate items checkboxed and its still enabled ingame...

If that doesn't do it, did you try configuring the toggle key that's in the configure item translation menu?

Rayden
Oct 8, 2014, 03:32 PM
I'm not sure where to post this, so I'll just post it here. I can no longer connect with my private PSO2Proxy instance. I've updated it to the latest version and restarted it, downloaded the latest PSO2 Tweaker, set up the proxy again with the config.json link, redownloaded the item translation patch, removed my other translation patches, and troubleshooted for missing files. The servers show as being online, but it says the server connection timed out whenever I try to log in. Help?

Rayden
Oct 8, 2014, 04:55 PM
Oh, right. Thanks!

Jyasupa
Oct 8, 2014, 05:14 PM
Is there a reason the file checker feels the need to delete my hard drive every time there's an update...?

Jyasupa
Oct 8, 2014, 05:39 PM
"Delete your hard drive"?

After every update when I use the tweaker and it starts a file check, intel rapid storage makes the hard drive pso2 was installed on unavailable, but doing a system restore fixes the deleted hard drive problem.

Padium
Oct 8, 2014, 06:40 PM
I'm getting a black screen when I load the game, and I have tried resetting everything from within Tweaker, what should I do from here? I have also gone through every troubleshooting menu option, some of them more than once, and am still getting a black screen after the opening videos.

After another round of troubleshooting, it seems to be working fine.

isCasted
Oct 9, 2014, 02:49 AM
Now prevents from installing Large Files if not compatible (holy crap, people can't read!)

Told you.

Chik'Tikka
Oct 9, 2014, 03:26 AM
the source site for large patch says it is compatible as of the 9th, so imma just go ahead and ignore that "not compatible" message and see what happens+^_^+

Rytech
Oct 9, 2014, 04:15 PM
Story Patch 8-27-2014 with updates to 9/13/2013 is not compatible (even tho the display says it is). Can confirm upon finishing Episode 1 Chapter 0 the game enters endless loading. After restoring the backup and logging in, it worked fine. I normally use the old method to quickly download stuff by torrent. I did try the new method (after restoring all files), but it doesn't work for me as it crashes the tweaker.

Tweaker Log
http://pastebin.com/w0eSTnaw

Rytech
Oct 9, 2014, 06:20 PM
The sidebar say new method, not old method :p

Im aware of that but I cant use it due to the crash issue, thus the reason I relied on the old method for so long. How does the new method work anyway? Would I have to redownload over 3 GB of data if I chose to start using it?

Maronji
Oct 9, 2014, 07:13 PM
How does the new method work anyway? Would I have to redownload over 3 GB of data if I chose to start using it?
Here's a slightly modified explanation I gave to someone else a little while back.

If I have this right, it works similarly to an .xdelta patch for an anime fansub when they need to v2 something. Instead of downloading a whole new set of complete files (old method), it has a set of instructions for modifying the files directly. It's extremely slim and size-efficient, especially compared to the old "re-download the entire set of story files, except in English" method.
I hope that clarifies it a bit. The main difference is that the new method is smaller and takes more time to complete the patching process, if I remember correctly.

sol_trigger
Oct 10, 2014, 01:03 AM
ugh i had item translation patch ON and when i copied something it copies the English name +_+ what's happening

AltesEisen
Oct 10, 2014, 06:36 AM
Story Patch 8-27-2014 with updates to 9/13/2013 is not compatible (even tho the display says it is). Can confirm upon finishing Episode 1 Chapter 0 the game enters endless loading. After restoring the backup and logging in, it worked fine. I normally use the old method to quickly download stuff by torrent. I did try the new method (after restoring all files), but it doesn't work for me as it crashes the tweaker.

Tweaker Log
http://pastebin.com/w0eSTnaw

Weird, but i can't confirm it as i'm done with the story for now(yeah, new method SUCKS for me too). I installed the patch and it also downloaded Quna new concert patch...but as i said i'm done with story so i don't know if it would freeze to me as well.

tldr: Do we need a new story .rar patch? =P

Searaphim
Oct 10, 2014, 07:00 AM
Weird, but i can't confirm it as i'm done with the story for now(yeah, new method SUCKS for me too). I installed the patch and it also downloaded Quna new concert patch...but as i said i'm done with story so i don't know if it would freeze to me as well.

tldr: Do we need a new story .rar patch? =P

Pretty weird concidering that the new method fixed all problems the old one had for me. Yes the old method also have unfixed loading loops.

AltesEisen
Oct 10, 2014, 01:29 PM
Tried with Event Chronicles and it freezes to me as well(but it seems to be just EP 0 ending, i tried EP1 and it worked...)

Also Searaphin old method was reintroduced 'cause new one didn't work(gave error AND often deleted past story back-up) for quite some people...but it's kinda expected, since new stuff will often have some problems -expecially at the start- (with all the different OS,CPUs,GPU,etc.etc.; the troubles of using PCs :-P)

Touka
Oct 10, 2014, 02:28 PM
Can anyone get in the game with the proxy atm?I'm getting the "dont have the latest version" error.

KazukiQZ
Oct 11, 2014, 08:58 PM
I'm trying to pass my folder copy of PSO2 to another person. So, I'm trying to reset the tweaker's setting to default (the destination path, installed patch, etc etc).

Which file(s) do I need to delete inside the tweaker folder in order to do that? Reason this is abit confusing is because the tweaker stuff is in pso2_bin folder xD

Zellith
Oct 12, 2014, 08:44 AM
Trying to install this to my friends Alienware Laptop, weird enough it's returning an incompatibility issue when we try to run.

Terrence
Oct 14, 2014, 07:43 AM
Hello. Well, I have a big problem since the latest EN Patch. Each time I install it (via Tweaker of course) the game is laggy (SEGA logo, CGI, ...) and I can't even access to the title screen. But if I delete the EN Patch, everything works fine. Did anyone experience this issue ? Is there any solution ? Thanks for reading.

Rytech
Oct 16, 2014, 09:18 PM
Reporting a few bugs here.

1. When trying to install the story patch using the new method, a message pops up saying itl open 2 sites. It puts the log in the pastebin with no problem, but it doesn't open a tab to the tweaker thread. Then it closes. The log can be found here....

Log
http://pastebin.com/GM4bs5hX

2. Trying to reset the tweakers settings will also cause a crash.

3. Trying to terminate the PSO2 process fails to end it. I tried using it when I was stuck on the infinite loading screen. So I had to end it in the task manager which made a window appear in PSO2 asking if I wanted to exit it (Damn shame pressing ESC on a loading screen doesn't work, but that does.)

*Edit*
I use windows XP and have all of the latest updates for Net. Framework 4.0.

kiakan
Oct 17, 2014, 07:33 PM
I'm getting a black screen after the logo videos however sounds from the game still play. After running a file check, the tweaker crashes. It can't download missing files because the tweaker says a file or folder is corrupt and unreadable. This happened after a blue screen that I believe was from gameguard. The past week or so, every time I've run PSO2, the computer will blue screen around the start menu if I don't use the tweaker to fix gameguard issues before running. Yesterday while playing, in the taskbar, Windows kept giving me a message saying that C:\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\pso2_bin\data\win32 is corrupt and unreadable, however I was able to play the game with no issues, minus having to fix gameguard.

Here's the pastebin the tweaker linked me too after a crash.

I'm running Windows 7 64bit, by the way.

http://pastebin.com/qw8x1YRK (http://pastebin.com/qw8x1YRK)

AltesEisen
Oct 18, 2014, 03:37 AM
Reporting a few bugs here.

1. When trying to install the story patch using the new method, a message pops up saying itl open 2 sites. It puts the log in the pastebin with no problem, but it doesn't open a tab to the tweaker thread. Then it closes. The log can be found here....

Log
http://pastebin.com/GM4bs5hX

2. Trying to reset the tweakers settings will also cause a crash.

3. Trying to terminate the PSO2 process fails to end it. I tried using it when I was stuck on the infinite loading screen. So I had to end it in the task manager which made a window appear in PSO2 asking if I wanted to exit it (Damn shame pressing ESC on a loading screen doesn't work, but that does.)

*Edit*
I use windows XP and have all of the latest updates for Net. Framework 4.0.

Don't worry about the bug on story patch, it seems to be quite common lately...just download the .rar story patch from Arks Layer; that should solve it(just be aware that there's a bug with it that will make you stuck at the end of EP 0; but apart from that it seems to work fine so i'd suggest applying the patch AFTER doing EP 0).

As for tweaker problem, it sometimes happens to me too IF i close PSO2 then try to play it again(a rule of mine is that if the tweaker says it has problems downloading item translation when opening it,PSO2 will NOT work. Then i have 2 choices 1)reset my PC(then it works normally) or 2)Enough PSO2 for the day ^^; )

P.S: Sorry for the wall-o-text; hope i could be of some help.

Edit: Annnnnnnnnnd i found more bugged and potentially deadly things:

1)On Coast exploration when fighting Bal Rodos screen will go white while the action proceeds as the boss intro cutscene won't play.
2)If you found Quna(idol version-where you would usually found her in EP1-2) in shop area do NOT select talk while interacting with her...game will happily freeze.

That's all for now, i'll signal more if i bump into'em(and no, before this whole story patch*.rar type* mess it all worked fine ^^; ).

sol_trigger
Oct 19, 2014, 07:41 PM
im downloading 2mb/s from tokyo servers but the it's 40kb/s with the tweaker when downloading english patches... is there a way to improve this

sol_trigger
Oct 22, 2014, 03:02 AM
October 22nd Patch

Launcher: Version 03.00.01
Client: ver. 3.0101.1
Patch Size: 23 MB (PC) / 20 MB (Vita)

says update size is 23MB but why is tweaker downloading 5.17GB ??? PLS FIX THIS BUG

http://s9.postimg.org/6fn113qkf/update.jpg

KazukiQZ
Oct 22, 2014, 03:33 AM
Mine was downloading 23MB files fine. You must didn't uninstall Story Patch or something?

sol_trigger
Oct 22, 2014, 04:02 AM
i never had english story patch installed >_>

the_importer_
Oct 22, 2014, 07:32 AM
says update size is 23MB but why is tweaker downloading 5.17GB ??? PLS FIX THIS BUG

http://s9.postimg.org/6fn113qkf/update.jpg

You have to put both size 7 and a red color font in order for AIDA to see your concern more quickly.

Akuno Ayanokoji
Oct 22, 2014, 09:44 AM
Could just be the wifi being crap (most likely cause).
http://pastebin.com/4Juzg2AU

LurkerMkIV
Oct 23, 2014, 02:05 PM
I am unsure if this is the appropriate part of the forum to be asking, but this thread seems to be the only one where I can ask directly about the Tweaker.

Recently I was having trouble running PSO2 and various other programs at the same time. I decided to try playing the game with the Simple shader option on but decided I would just manage my software juggling better because the game didn't look anywhere near as nice as it did before. I wanted to go back to running the game with the high end textures and higher screen resolution but the Tweaker seemed to stop actually modifying the game. No matter what options I alter the game is still stuck as if I left the Simple shader option on.

Earlier today I started editing the user file myself and was able to fix the resolution problem but the textures still aren't the high end ones and I can't fiddle with the lighting and reflection options in game. I mean I can but they don't actually have any affect on the in-game lighting/reflections. I've tried the PSO2 options reset but that didn't help at all, unfortunately.

If anyone reads this I would like to thank you for your time. I'll keep trying to fiddle around with things on my own for the time being. Happy hunting, comrades.

Vandread
Oct 23, 2014, 05:10 PM
Try looking at the Draw component in the user.pso2 file, LurkerMkIV.
Going out on a limb here, but most likely it has ShaderQuality set to false. You probably wanna set it to true.

LurkerMkIV
Oct 23, 2014, 06:31 PM
So I checked my user file and found that with each attempt I've made to fix my problem parts of the user file are just disappearing. During recent rounds the TextureResolution setting disappeared and ShaderQuality is nowhere to be found. Could someone provide me with a complete and functional user file so I can see what's missing from mine and replace it?

Dark Matter
Oct 27, 2014, 10:01 PM
http://pastebin.com/q3BCrP10

I wanted to use cyberkitsunes proxy program but I got this error instead.

TaigaUC
Oct 29, 2014, 03:29 AM
Tweaker seems to keep deleting entries from my item cache. Been happening for a while now.

Hobu
Oct 29, 2014, 03:37 AM
I just downloaded the 5gb patch ez pz. I was surprised but it has happened before so it didn't really rustle my jimmies that much.

blkbox11
Nov 4, 2014, 09:57 AM
Hey guys. I have a few questions to ask on behalf of a friend who wants to use the Tweaker with PSO2Proxy, neither of which I have any experience with.

First, does the Proxy still require item translations to be turned on to function? If the answer is yes, is there any way to disable the item translations while still being able to use the Proxy?

Also, I know that there is no way to update the game without using Tweaker if you can't connect to the servers (for IP ban or whatever reason). However, ideally, I would like to be able to use the Tweaker only to update pso2, and then launch the game directly or via the official launcher. Is there any way to do this?

Lastly, when and how are the Pubkey files updated? Without Tweaker, must they be downloaded manually from the proxy site and re-injected every time? On the other hand, what happens if Tweaker is used - must the same process be done, too?

These have probably been asked and answered several times, but my Google-fu is weak, and there are parts of the guides that I can't quite understand. I apologize for that, and any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: One more potential issue has occurred as I have tried to run the Tweaker and use PSO2Proxy myself. When I first launched the Tweaker, it told me to move it to C:, but I closed the notice so fast that I didn't see the part telling me that I was supposed to make a folder there. After closing Tweaker, I then moved it and a few files it created (a 'log', 7za and 'precede' or something like those) directly to C: without creating a folder. Will this affect the patching of game files that is going on now? I'll probably make a folder and move the Tweaker into that once it finishes patching my game.

TaigaUC
Nov 5, 2014, 04:57 AM
Patched on laptop using Tweaker, item cache was deleted again.

Patched on desktop using pso2launcher, no problems.
Doesn't seem to delete item cache if I run the Tweaker without downloading a new patch.

simon1221
Nov 6, 2014, 05:25 AM
Hi, I used the tweaker to download the game, and i think it automatically change everything to english, I want it in Japanese, what can I do?

blkbox11
Nov 6, 2014, 11:53 AM
Yes. Hit Ctrl + F1 to disable in-game translations. (Why?)

I believe there's a manual launcher patch on Cyberkitsune's site for those stick-in-the-muds who refuse to use the Tweaker.

No, the Tweaker's DLL is updated when needed and download automatically, so no hassle is required on the user's part. Without the Tweaker, I *believe* they have to be updated and redownloaded manually, although updating that DLL comes after we finish everything else.

If you're running Windows 7/8, the OS will likely prevent the Tweaker (and everything else) from writing to the root of C:. Just make a folder like C:\Tweaker\ and put the EXE in there. It'll download whatever it needs.
I managed to move Tweaker to its own folder and get things working just by unchecking the item translation box on the Tweaker's options menu (some things like the block names are still in English though, weird).

As for why he wants the game to be as vanilla as possible...well, my friend (and I) can enjoy the game just fine without the translations, and they do tend to cause issues with the game when we last tried.

Also, it turns out that the Tweaker's method of enabling the proxy is indeed very simple and convenient, so we'll probably stick with that. However, I'll note to look up the manual proxy launcher option in the event that Tweaker encounters a problem.

Thanks for answering and keep up the good work.

samanosukex3
Nov 6, 2014, 04:52 PM
Any ideas on how to fix this? keeps happening to me when i tried to update pso and tried to run it :C
11/5/2014 2:46:36 PM: DEBUG -

11/5/2014 2:46:36 PM: DEBUG - ----------------------------------------
11/5/2014 2:46:36 PM: DEBUG - Program opening, running diagnostics...
11/5/2014 2:46:36 PM: DEBUG - Current OS Full name: Microsoft? Windows Vista? Business
11/5/2014 2:46:36 PM: DEBUG - Current OS Version: 6.0.6002.131072
11/5/2014 2:46:36 PM: DEBUG - Is the current OS 64-bit? False
11/5/2014 2:46:36 PM: DEBUG - Directory program is running in: C:\Users\EOLUser\Desktop
11/5/2014 2:46:36 PM: DEBUG - Selected PSO2 Directory: C:\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\pso2_bi n
11/5/2014 2:46:36 PM: DEBUG - Is Unrar Available: True
11/5/2014 2:46:36 PM: DEBUG - Run as Administrator: True
11/5/2014 2:46:36 PM: DEBUG - Is 7zip available: True
11/5/2014 2:46:36 PM: DEBUG - Is 7zip available: True
11/5/2014 2:46:36 PM: DEBUG - ----------------------------------------
11/5/2014 2:46:36 PM Program opened successfully! Version 2.7.4.6 [OK!]
11/5/2014 2:46:37 PM Checking for updates, please wait a moment...
11/5/2014 2:46:37 PM: DEBUG - Checking for the latest version of the program...
11/5/2014 2:46:37 PM You have the latest version of the program: 2.7.4.6
11/5/2014 2:46:37 PM Loading sidebar page...
11/5/2014 2:46:37 PM Checking for PSO2 Updates...
11/5/2014 2:46:40 PM: DEBUG - The operation has timed out
11/5/2014 2:46:40 PM ERROR - The operation has timed out
11/5/2014 2:46:40 PM Done!
11/5/2014 2:46:40 PM Checking for updates to patches...
11/5/2014 2:46:40 PM Current Story Patch version is: Not Installed
11/5/2014 2:46:40 PM Current EN Patch version is: patch_2014_10_22
11/5/2014 2:46:40 PM Current Large Files version is: Not Installed
11/5/2014 2:46:40 PM If any of the above versions are incorrect, use the override in options to fix them.
11/5/2014 2:46:40 PM Downloading latest item patch files...
11/5/2014 2:46:41 PM Done!
11/5/2014 2:46:41 PM All done - System ready!
11/5/2014 2:46:42 PM: DEBUG - Check if PSO2 is running
11/5/2014 2:46:42 PM Launching Phantasy Star Online 2...
11/5/2014 2:46:42 PM It seems there was an issue starting PSO2, attempting to autofix...
11/5/2014 2:46:42 PM Done!
11/5/2014 2:46:42 PM: DEBUG - The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform.
11/5/2014 2:46:42 PM ERROR - The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform.
11/5/2014 2:46:43 PM: DEBUG - Check if PSO2 is running
11/5/2014 2:46:43 PM Launching Phantasy Star Online 2...
11/5/2014 2:46:43 PM It seems there was an issue starting PSO2, attempting to autofix...
11/5/2014 2:46:43 PM Done!
11/5/2014 2:46:43 PM: DEBUG - The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform.
11/5/2014 2:46:43 PM ERROR - The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform.
11/5/2014 2:46:43 PM: DEBUG - Check if PSO2 is running
11/5/2014 2:46:43 PM Launching Phantasy Star Online 2...
11/5/2014 2:46:43 PM It seems there was an issue starting PSO2, attempting to autofix...
11/5/2014 2:46:43 PM Done!
11/5/2014 2:46:43 PM: DEBUG - The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform.
11/5/2014 2:46:43 PM ERROR - The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform.
11/5/2014 2:46:46 PM Downloading pso2launcher.exe...
11/5/2014 2:46:46 PM Downloaded and installed pso2launcher.exe [OK!]
11/5/2014 2:46:46 PM Downloading pso2updater.exe...
11/5/2014 2:46:46 PM Downloaded and installed pso2updater.exe [OK!]
11/5/2014 2:46:46 PM Downloading pso2.exe...
11/5/2014 2:46:47 PM Downloaded and installed pso2.exe [OK!]
11/5/2014 2:46:47 PM All necessary files restored!
11/5/2014 2:46:47 PM: DEBUG - Check if PSO2 is running
11/5/2014 2:46:47 PM Launching Phantasy Star Online 2...
11/5/2014 2:46:47 PM It seems there was an issue starting PSO2, attempting to autofix...
11/5/2014 2:46:47 PM Done!
11/5/2014 2:46:47 PM: DEBUG - The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform.
11/5/2014 2:46:47 PM ERROR - The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform.
11/5/2014 2:46:48 PM: DEBUG - Check if PSO2 is running
11/5/2014 2:46:48 PM Launching Phantasy Star Online 2...
11/5/2014 2:46:48 PM It seems there was an issue starting PSO2, attempting to autofix...
11/5/2014 2:46:48 PM Done!
11/5/2014 2:46:48 PM: DEBUG - The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform.
11/5/2014 2:46:48 PM ERROR - The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform.
11/5/2014 2:46:48 PM: DEBUG - Check if PSO2 is running
11/5/2014 2:46:48 PM Launching Phantasy Star Online 2...
11/5/2014 2:46:48 PM It seems there was an issue starting PSO2, attempting to autofix...
11/5/2014 2:46:48 PM Done!
11/5/2014 2:46:48 PM: DEBUG - The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform.
11/5/2014 2:46:48 PM ERROR - The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform.
11/5/2014 2:46:57 PM Removing Gameguard File...
11/5/2014 2:46:57 PM Done!
11/5/2014 2:46:57 PM Downloading Latest Gameguard file...
11/5/2014 2:46:57 PM Downloading Latest Gameguard config...
11/5/2014 2:46:57 PM Done!
11/5/2014 2:46:57 PM No registry keys to delete. This is OK, they should be created the next time Gameguard launches.
11/5/2014 2:46:57 PM GameGuard reset to defaults! Now try running Phantasy Star Online 2 - It should update Gameguard when the PSO2 logo comes up. [OK!]
11/5/2014 2:46:58 PM: DEBUG - Check if PSO2 is running
11/5/2014 2:46:58 PM Launching Phantasy Star Online 2...
11/5/2014 2:46:58 PM It seems there was an issue starting PSO2, attempting to autofix...
11/5/2014 2:46:58 PM Done!
11/5/2014 2:46:58 PM: DEBUG - The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform.
11/5/2014 2:46:58 PM ERROR - The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform.
11/5/2014 2:46:59 PM: DEBUG - Check if PSO2 is running
11/5/2014 2:46:59 PM Launching Phantasy Star Online 2...
11/5/2014 2:46:59 PM It seems there was an issue starting PSO2, attempting to autofix...
11/5/2014 2:46:59 PM Done!
11/5/2014 2:46:59 PM: DEBUG - The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform.
11/5/2014 2:46:59 PM ERROR - The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform.

Mopop
Nov 6, 2014, 08:36 PM
Program started...
Program opened successfully! Version 2.7.4.6 [OK!]
ERROR - An exception occurred during a WebClient request.
Loading sidebar page...
ERROR - An exception occurred during a WebClient request. Done!
Current Story Patch version is: Not Installed
Current EN Patch version is: Not Installed
Current Large Files version is: Not Installed
Downloading latest item patch files... Done!
All done - System ready!

Keep getting this error message, if I try to check for missing files or patch anything it just crashes. If I continue and just open PSO2 it says that the server is down when I enter my password.

Sniperfox47
Nov 7, 2014, 04:06 AM
My apologies for the stupid questions, but I have five of them.

First off, is "install EN patch after updating" supposed to be greyed out/unable to be checked in the tweaker options?

I noticed WAY back on the change logs it says that it automatically installs any installed patches before patching so are these options still needed?

Also, why does it say it installs them before patching? Wouldn't that defeat the point if they get overwritten by he patch, or am I misunderstanding things? I know the patches are DIFFs, but isn't there still the possibility the files the translations patch get updated?

There's also the PSO2 game options. For me it doesn't populate any of the fields when it first loads, is this normal, or should i be loading them from the config?

Finally, I noticed that about 3/4 of the time the item translations don't take effect unless I leave the item and then select it again. Is this a known bug, and if so is there a workaround?

Thank you for your consideration and reply to these issues. I know they've probably been asked countless times, but I couldn't find any answers in my brief look over the 500 pages that is this thread.

morganwoop
Nov 7, 2014, 06:52 AM
Hi, I used the tweaker to download the game, and i think it automatically change everything to english, I want it in Japanese, what can I do?

Uncheck the translate items in the option of the Tweaker( top left click the orb) and dont install any of the english patches it has.If you have there are options to uninstall them and use the original JP ones.

morganwoop
Nov 7, 2014, 06:54 AM
Really nice work guys. One question. Is there or are there any plans to make an english translation for Episode 3 Storyline ?

Lax
Nov 11, 2014, 08:41 AM
So where are the pubkey files (or was it a dll?) downloaded automatically by the tweaker saved to?

zeltrax19
Nov 14, 2014, 06:18 AM
precede files are up
i dont know if that causes the tweaker wont run the pso.
tried to use the launcher and it launches fine with a notification to DL precede files

Natwpn
Nov 14, 2014, 08:33 AM
How to get thiy on my phond
Android Help me; -;

zeltrax19
Nov 14, 2014, 09:04 AM
ahmmm AIDA if aint pain in the butt but what if we already have the pre-files does tweaker have to delete it?? it almost had me to re-DL again but made a copy of it before hitting no.

ashley50
Nov 14, 2014, 11:31 AM
Is it possible to use PSO2 Tweaker to Only update the game itself without actually launching the game via the PSO2 Tweaker?

(Update game to latest version/patches with original JP information...closing PSO2 tweaker after, and then using the official launcher?)

pkemr4
Nov 14, 2014, 01:49 PM
is it possible for the tweaker to run the game while downloading the precede files?

Sniperfox47
Nov 15, 2014, 09:25 AM
Is it possible to use PSO2 Tweaker to Only update the game itself without actually launching the game via the PSO2 Tweaker?

(Update game to latest version/patches with original JP information...closing PSO2 tweaker after, and then using the official launcher?)

Shouldnt be any problem. Only two things to note: 1) If you're with an ISP affected by the Yahoo problems you'll still need a proxy. and 2) If you aren't launching with the tweaker you'll have to patch in your proxy manually.

sol_trigger
Nov 17, 2014, 01:53 AM
help pls...

Downloading EN Patch...
Download complete! (Downloaded http://107.170.16.100/patches/patch_2014_10_22.rar)
Waiting for patch to finish extracting...
Extracting to D:\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\pso2_bin\data\win32 [OK!]
Erasing previous backup...
Patch failed to extract correctly! Installation failed!

Skye-Fox713
Nov 17, 2014, 03:35 AM
was working on the matter boards and it appears an event was missed for translating according to what is finished on Arks Layer.

MB 14 , event F-4 ; was not translated and I have the story patch installed and updated to the current versoin ( 9/13 update ).

Going to try installing with the new method and replay the event from the my room console to see if that fixed anything. edit- seemed to fix it when watching the replay from the my room console.

Maximz
Nov 17, 2014, 03:42 AM
decided to try out the proxy but for some reason it gives me an error when trying to patch the hosts file i right clicked and made sure it was read only =/

http://pastebin.com/6xHqg2Vw

Maronji
Nov 17, 2014, 04:36 AM
for some reason it gives me an error when trying to patch the hosts file i right clicked and made sure it was read only
...Uh... that might actually be your problem. If it's read-only, not a single program on your computer can actually make changes to your host file. You only make sure it's set to read-only after the changes are made so they aren't removed by other programs (rare but possible). Did you mean you made sure it wasn't read-only?

Because barring that, the only thing I can think of is either to run the Tweaker as an admin first or to temporarily turn off UAC (if applicable; not recommended).

Maximz
Nov 17, 2014, 04:38 AM
@maronji OH ....lol well tweaker said to make sure it was set to read only haha which is why i checked if it was read only XD

Edit: and that fixed it...lol

Takatsuki
Nov 17, 2014, 07:08 PM
For some reason, tweaker is taking an absurdly long time to download the item patch. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

sol_trigger
Nov 17, 2014, 07:39 PM
Check to make sure the Tweaker is in a place where it can download files.

my tweaker location D:\tool
and im running with administrator rights

xdarkiness
Nov 17, 2014, 09:18 PM
Hiya. I'm having an issue with my tweaker/patch
I already downloaded the game, but when I try to click "Remove movies" it says:

Vita Opening Video File does not exist. Did you already remove it? [WARNING!]
NVidia Logo Video File does not exist. Did you already remove it? [WARNING!]
SEGA Logo Video File does not exist. Did you already remove it? [WARNING!]

As a result, I am unable to play the game because it crashes. I've tried fixing the pso2.exe via troubleshooting. May I have some help please?

zeltrax19
Nov 17, 2014, 10:26 PM
Hiya. I'm having an issue with my tweaker/patch
I already downloaded the game, but when I try to click "Remove movies" it says:

Vita Opening Video File does not exist. Did you already remove it? [WARNING!]
NVidia Logo Video File does not exist. Did you already remove it? [WARNING!]
SEGA Logo Video File does not exist. Did you already remove it? [WARNING!]

As a result, I am unable to play the game because it crashes. I've tried fixing the pso2.exe via troubleshooting. May I have some help please?

Try to check for missing file click orb and go to troubleshooting then look for check missing files or something similar to it

xdarkiness
Nov 18, 2014, 02:53 AM
Try to check for missing file click orb and go to troubleshooting then look for check missing files or something similar to it

Works like a charm. Thanks! I really appreciate it.

jf2496
Nov 19, 2014, 03:02 PM
I tried running pso2 tweaker, but I'm getting an error message stating: This app can't run on your PC. Also, I downloaded .NET framework 4.5.1, though it still is not working. Any help is much appreciated.

Digital-Force
Nov 19, 2014, 03:24 PM
Hrm. Loaded up the Tweaker fine and everything updated, but it's reading the server status as "OFFLINE".

Tried loading the game for giggles and it works up to the point where I need to enter my log-in info. No error code, but I still stopped there since the servers read as "Unknown".

Any ideas what the issue could be?

P.S. - When using the old/new method for installing the story patch, I still get a pop-up about 8/27 being the last updated rar or something.

Skye-Fox713
Nov 19, 2014, 03:55 PM
Hrm. Loaded up the Tweaker fine and everything updated, but it's reading the server status as "OFFLINE".

Tried loading the game for giggles and it works up to the point where I need to enter my log-in info. No error code, but I still stopped there since the servers read as "Unknown".

Any ideas what the issue could be?

P.S. - When using the old/new method for installing the story patch, I still get a pop-up about 8/27 being the last updated rar or something.

This means your isp has been affected by the ddos attack back in june and you need to use another method to connects to the pso2 servers.

Digital-Force
Nov 19, 2014, 04:09 PM
This means your isp has been affected by the ddos attack back in june and you need to use another method to connects to the pso2 servers. Even if I was able to use the Tweaker and the regular JP updater without a proxy up until this point? Awkward.
Quick edit: Went down the troubleshoot-just-in-case-derped-instead-of-herped list and, yup, time to use an alternative. If specifics are needed for future reference, I ran tracert pso2.jp as a last resort troubleshoot. They didn't make it out to Japan at all. XD Using Verizon.

SuperCentipede
Nov 20, 2014, 01:11 AM
I downloaded the English Installation torrent off the arks-layer site. It had about 400MB wasted. I tried to use Tweaker to replace the missing files, but Tweaker crashes just as you move it on from checking for the old/missing files. :-x

The error details:
EventType : clr20r3 P1 : pso2 tweaker.exe P2 : 3.0.0.0 P3 : 546843dc
P4 : system P5 : 4.0.0.0 P6 : 4ba1dff4 P7 : 2fd6 P8 : 2a9
P9 : system.componentmodel.win32

Somebody help! I want to play this game! :cry:

lacusclyne96
Nov 20, 2014, 09:07 AM
http://pastebin.com/dStDASah
Help me :( I cant update

Miyuki1907
Nov 20, 2014, 09:10 AM
AIDA: When i'm playing, 630 chan catched me then i can't see Status: Online in Tweaker, so this is my paste bin, Please help me!.

http://pastebin.com/9Ufcrggx

Steel Titanium
Nov 20, 2014, 10:37 PM
There seems to be a bug with Tweaker, it fails to save shader settings. It also prints out this when trying to read the settings file
ERROR - Input string was not in a correct format. Done!

Tsuru
Nov 21, 2014, 05:11 PM
I have some problems with dialogues. Some characters (if not maybe all; didn't try) when i use the option "Talk", the dialogue don't appear and there is nothing up, and we end up starring at each other. Of course, you can't leave because you can't make any menu appear.

The game recognize you are to speaking to "npc" and is trying to show you the dialogue, it's just the bubbles don't show up.

If that was all, i wouldn't care because i had it for not a long time. But the biggest problem is i just got to lvl 45 again and now a npc try to speak to me when i join the lobby just after the login stamp (like Koffie but it's not her because usually her dialogues for her quests appear).

The dialogue don't show up and i can't continue and play.
Tried to remove every patch and tried to fix missing files but didn't work.

My last ressort would be to ask the mighty and thrusted AIDA to login in my place to skip the dialogue but i will pass on that (+ what happens if it happens again?)

Edit: PROBLEM SOLVED ! Somehow worked again after i removed story patch. And it was Koffie speaking (only her would call us this way in lobby)

Acy
Nov 21, 2014, 08:38 PM
I'm having a bit of trouble getting on as well (Verizon :<), and attempts with the tweaker proxy have given me this error:

http://pastebin.com/epeZ4uRZ

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SuKKrl
Nov 21, 2014, 11:24 PM
I'm getting constant tweaker crashes when trying to set a key to turn the item patch off. I've tried with a bunch of keys (letters and symbols) and always got the same result.

Here is the pastebin link the program generated when it crashed: http://pastebin.com/LjDcWRb2

Kiyumi
Nov 23, 2014, 03:50 PM
Okay, this is really annoying. Yesterday, the tweaker finally said server status : ONLINE and I was like omg? Then I checked and I did not need VPN to log in! For the first time in months. Then theres a tweaker update that says "removed the server status feature". Um, hello? It was totally useful there, as I learned I did not need VPN to access and now its gone. Can we get it back please?