PDA

View Full Version : Infinity Like the Sixth Ranger.

blazingsonic
May 8, 2013, 04:16 PM
I show up late, in other words I caught this game on sale on Amazon of all places for 49.99 and snagged the last copy, now the question is now what do I do? YES I know I can play it XD But everything is in Japanese, well except for some of the menus (Sega be trolling.) Well so are people still converting game date from US to JP? And does online still work? Do I need to set up a JP PSN? @_@ I'm new to this version, this is my first import game! @.@ Whoa..

Link1275
May 8, 2013, 04:27 PM
I show up late, in other words I caught this game on sale on Amazon of all places for 49.99 and snagged the last copy, now the question is now what do I do? YES I know I can play it XD But everything is in Japanese, well except for some of the menus (Sega be trolling.) Well so are people still converting game date from US to JP? And does online still work? Do I need to set up a JP PSN? @_@ I'm new to this version, this is my first import game! @.@ Whoa..
I'm assuming you just got PSP2I so... There are some people willing to convert your your US data to JP. Online is still operational unless you picked up the JP version of PSP2 for some reason(Infinity and western PSP2 are still going for now). You do need a JP PSN, this would be easiest to do on your PC on the playstation website(the JP one) with Google Chrome for translation.

blace
May 8, 2013, 05:50 PM
If the game you bought is Infinity, was it new or used? If used, the code in the packaging has probably been redeemed.

blazingsonic
May 8, 2013, 06:23 PM
Oh I meant to mention that it's new.
So I need a JP PSN, that's fine my PSP isn't activated online since I have a PS3, PSP Go and Vita, also, what does the install data feature do?

Mike
May 8, 2013, 06:27 PM
Installing data creates a large file on your memory card that allows the game to load faster. If you've got the space on your memory card, then I'd recommend that you use that feature.

Link1275
May 8, 2013, 07:37 PM
You also want to get all of the DL content on your memory stick. There are a lot of free weapons and the likes on the PSN. Infinity mission codes too.

Play Asia has the game down to 30 USD in a last ditch effort to get rid of old stock too if anyone cares.

Sinue_v2
May 8, 2013, 10:55 PM
^-What those guys said.-^

Also, don't sweat the translation stuff too much. If you need a save conversion, I can safely assume you're already familiar with PSP2's menus and weapons and whatnot. There's a number of guides floating around here to get you up to speed on what's new. DeviFoxx's is the most comprehensive, and I have a translation of the exchange missions floating around somewhere. There's also weapon guides and whatnot other users have posted. Maybe some other kind soul will compile a list of them for you. I would, but my PC is down right now and I can't do tabbed browsing on the Xbox.

I've been getting online pretty frequently lately, but at odd hours (second shifter, so around 11 PM to 4 AM CST) and I haven't seen many English speakers online. Maybe someone should set up a meet & greet type event to exchange partner cards. Anyhow, I'll be around.

blazingsonic
May 9, 2013, 07:43 PM
Thanks for the information, Does anyone have the link the JP PSN site?

Link1275
May 9, 2013, 07:47 PM
jp.playstation.com or jp.playstation.co.jp or playstation.co.jp Perhaps?

blazingsonic
May 10, 2013, 11:35 AM
@_@ Okay where can I find the PSN register?

blace
May 10, 2013, 12:17 PM
You did say you have a PS3, so I'll leave this here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixI8qGVyMIM

blazingsonic
May 12, 2013, 06:35 PM
Okay I made a JP PSN so now what? @_@

Sinue_v2
May 12, 2013, 08:30 PM
Now, log into the JP PSN store and look in the upper right for a box that shows a "12" being drawn by a pencil. Select it. This will open up a screen where you can enter the code you received in your PSP2i case. This will allow you to activate your little wing license.

Once that's finished, you should be able to start up the game and log into the servers no problem. But before you leave the PSN store, on the left side of the screen you should see a row of selectable options. Select the third from the bottom (just above the one that ends in PV). From the next menu, select the silver icon that says "50". This will bring up a menu with icons labeled in hiragana characters. Pick the one labeled "は". This should bring you to a listing of various games. If you see Patapon and Project Diva, you're on the right track. Scroll down until you see the icons for Phantasy Star Portable 2 and Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity. Those are the download content shops. Go through them thoroughly and download everything you can that is free. Basically, whatever has a white box with kanji in it instead of a Yen amount.

You'll have to import that stuff into your game before you can use it.

To import, start up PSP2i and from the main menu select "Import". The next screen should give you four options to choose from. Pick the very bottom option. This will bring you to another screen with four options. The top option is for weapons, the second for clothes, and the third for room decorations. From there, the first option in each area should allow you to scroll through a list of available download content and select what you want to bring into the game. Then (I think... and someone correct me if I'm wrong), back out and select the second option down. This should allow you to import what you had selected into your game. Everything imported will be deposited into your common box.

blazingsonic
May 12, 2013, 09:39 PM
Can that be done on PSP, it says I can't log in using someone else's account.

blace
May 12, 2013, 09:52 PM
I can't remember what needs to be done exactly, but highlight Account Management on the PSP, hit triangle and sign out.

I don't have my PSP on hand to guide through it, but a rough summation.

Sinue_v2
May 12, 2013, 10:35 PM

Well, I wrote that assuming that you were accessing the PSN from your PSP. I probably should have clarified. So yes, it can be done on the PSP.

JC200X
May 13, 2013, 07:05 PM

You cannot sign into a PSN account that is different from the one that is registered on your PSP. Go to the PlayStation Network tab, highlight Account Management, press triangle, and select Delete Account. Once done, register your Japanese PSN account onto your PSP and follow the steps Sinue mentioned above.

Speaking of whom, we should play sometime. PSO2's been a bit dull lately and I've yet to max out my second character.

Mike
May 13, 2013, 08:10 PM
You cannot sign into a PSN account that is different from the one that is registered on your PSP. Go to the PlayStation Network tab, highlight Account Management, press triangle, and select Delete Account.
To allay any fear, this doesn't actually delete your PSN account. It just removes it from the PSP.

blazingsonic
May 13, 2013, 09:06 PM
^-^ Yay it all worked, now to get someone to convert my files, my main character is almost level 100, and I think I'll just level my others online since playing PSP2 story in Japanese can b...tough.

blace
May 13, 2013, 10:13 PM
I've been lazy to do save conversions. If you haven't already and are using CFW, you could take a look at the first link in my signature.

Sinue_v2
May 14, 2013, 04:31 PM
Speaking of whom, we should play sometime. PSO2's been a bit dull lately and I've yet to max out my second character.

Sounds good. I *think* I have all my network issues solved. Turns out the modem my ISP upgraded me to was really a router, despite not being labeled or indicated as such anywhere on the box or in tech support, so I was running double firewalls and couldn't get an open NAT.

Oh, and BlazingSonic, here's a few of those translation guides I mentioned earlier.

DeviFoxx's Story/Menu/Mission/etc Translation Guide (http://www.devimension.com/dona/psp2i_guide_download.html)

Google Translation of the PSP2i Wiki (http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://wog.main.jp/psp2i-wiki/&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dpsp2i%2Bwiki%26biw%3D1024%26bih%3D588 )

Leon Sky's Weapon & Drop Mark guide (http://www.gm-leonsky.blogspot.com/)

Desecration's Weapon Translation Guide (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AneZiaAiYedKdFM4Y2lhdVQ1dEFzSXRUTVU4UmFRU 1E&gid=0)

My Exchange Mission Guide (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195340&highlight=exchange+mission)

PSP2pedia (http://psp2.psupedia.info/Main_Page) They still have a lot of good information on the vanilla content, including Japanese names for stuff. Makes sorting through your Shared Storage a bit easier when you know what you're looking for.

Wikipedia: Hiragana (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiragana)
Wikipedia: Katakana (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katakana)
DeviFoxx already goes over basic Hira & Kata in his guide, but this is here in case you need a backup or extra source of info. A lot of PSP2i is phonetically in English, or wasn't really westernized in PSU proper, and they retain their english sound - but written in Japanese. So while completely optional - familiarizing yourself with a few characters of the Japanese alphabet will go a long way. For instance, if you see a weapon drop that ends in "ミサキ", you'll know it's one of the Misaki family of claw since "ミ" = (Mi), サ = (Sa), and キ = (Ki). Misaki.

blazingsonic
May 16, 2013, 09:25 PM
I've been lazy to do save conversions. If you haven't already and are using CFW, you could take a look at the first link in my signature.

@_@ Okay I don't think I have a CFW, What is it and can I get rid of it once I have converted my save, seems there aren't anyone doing it lately.

blace
May 16, 2013, 09:50 PM
Going by that, I'm guessing you lack the Japanese version of PSPo2 as well. Before I ask you to send me your save, is your version of PSPo2 US or EU?

Late edit: Just noticed your location. To be safe check for ULUS10529.

blazingsonic
May 17, 2013, 08:03 PM
I messaged you the link to my game save data.

blace
May 17, 2013, 08:17 PM
Haven't had the time to reply via PM, but I should have it done by around midnight to 2 am your time.

blazingsonic
May 17, 2013, 08:57 PM
Alright though I'll be out like a light but I'll try to get up early and get it, I want to see Scan2go anyway. lol