PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Error code?

Link1275
May 8, 2013, 09:59 PM
I keep getting error code sg3126 when I get to the accessing game server screen when I go to get into the online servers for PSP2. Anyone else having the same issue?

Casket
May 8, 2013, 10:05 PM
Yeah I'm getting the same thing.

Link1275
May 8, 2013, 10:11 PM
Can I get some more info about your conditions? PSP model, internet security type(just the type of encryption nothing else), how long you've played, partner card number maybe, player id(I don't think I need your PSN tag) could all be useful in figuring out the cause.

Casket
May 8, 2013, 10:15 PM
My psp is a 3000, My internet connection works fine, I've played for almost 3 years to my knowledge. I was just online 2 an hour ago, then an error happened, I figured "no biggie" and now I can't get past Terms of use.

Link1275
May 8, 2013, 10:23 PM
We're experiencing the exact same situation oddly enough. I've played PSP2 since the demo and I still have some partner cards from people who played it. I was going through some PCs waiting for someone to join my challenge room. I was about to delete one, but I disconnected. I thought since the card was a hacker's card it may have been a trojan horse, but when I looked at what it would had to have done to keep me offline I could tell it wasn't. So I finished cleaning up my card list and tried to get back online, still can't get on. What's your ingame name btw? I've been going by Link1275 on my new character for the past few days and have done C-Mode stage 1-4 and am looking to get 5 done as I couldn't get it done with my friend last night.

Casket
May 8, 2013, 10:25 PM
I currently use a Newman named Wisp. There's maybe a random maintenance going on.

Link1275
May 8, 2013, 10:27 PM
I currently use a Newman named Wisp. There's maybe a random maintenance going on.
The game is 3 years old. If they're doing maintenance it's a PSN thing or they're doing the first maintenance since they threw up the servers.

Casket
May 8, 2013, 10:30 PM
I say this because it happened exactly at 10:00.

Link1275
May 8, 2013, 10:36 PM
I say this because it happened exactly at 10:00.
I don't know. They may have decided to shut down the servers. After almost 3 years of use they were almost empty, and let's face it, it wasn't a very good run for this game. Tons of out of control hackers everywhere. We can still play the game over services like Xlink Kai though.

Broken_L_button
May 8, 2013, 10:39 PM
Same error here too. Guess I'll have to finish that Trident Crusher hunt offline. Or get bored of it, whichever comes first. And we all know that the most logical explanation is that a SEGA employee double-dog-dared another to turn off the server. No man can back out of a double-dog-dare.

Casket
May 8, 2013, 10:41 PM
Con found the double dog dare.

Link1275
May 8, 2013, 10:57 PM
I'm on Xlink if anyone is that desperate.

Casket
May 8, 2013, 10:58 PM
whats xlink?

Sinue_v2
May 8, 2013, 11:01 PM
Dunno if this will be relevant or not, but last night I was having some major issues connecting to the PSP2i servers. Different error code, but the problem with connecting and getting full service persisted when I tried to enter the JP PSN store. A Google search turned up a recent news article of people posting reports of PSN outages either entirely or just for certain games/services. SCEJ was reporting the network down, while SCEA was "looking into it".

Haven't had any problems today though.

Broken_L_button
May 8, 2013, 11:03 PM
whats xlink?

Tunneling software. It basically gives some form of online play to ad-hoc only games.

Casket
May 8, 2013, 11:06 PM
The thing is that yesterday and today until about 10:00 pm the server was working. I think maybe the server will resume soon.

Link1275
May 8, 2013, 11:09 PM
whats xlink?
If you don't even know what it is you likely won't be able to use it for PSP2. You need an Xlink compatible USB wireless adapter(a usb device that can send and receive internet signals wirelessly) to play PSP2 over it.

@Sinue, that could be very relevant. PS isn't reporting on it atm on their website though.

Sinue_v2
May 8, 2013, 11:19 PM
I just tried to connect and I'm getting the 3126 error as well, so whatever it is, it's hitting the Japanese servers too. Can still connect to the JP PSN store though. The article I read last night suggested that Sony might be a target for hacktivism today, but accounts are still accessable and enabling login so... fuck if I know what's going on.

Link1275
May 8, 2013, 11:20 PM
I just tried to connect and I'm getting the 3126 error as well, so whatever it is, it's hitting the Japanese servers too. Can still connect to the JP PSN store though. The article I read last night suggested that Sony might be a target for hacktivism today, but accounts are still accessable and enabling login so... fuck if I know what's going on.
I can get into the US Store as well. No clue what's going on with it.

Mike
May 8, 2013, 11:24 PM
It's maintenance time for the Japanese version.

Sinue_v2
May 8, 2013, 11:31 PM
It's maintenance time for the Japanese version.

Huh. I usually log in about this time, and it's the first I've run into 3126 error.

Mike
May 8, 2013, 11:54 PM
Today's is a bit larger in scale than usual. This is the link (http://www.psp2infinity.jp/pc/maintenance/20130509/) that explains it but the PC site is down as a part of maintenance.

Link1275
May 9, 2013, 12:04 AM
Today's is a bit larger in scale than usual. This is the link (http://www.psp2infinity.jp/pc/maintenance/20130509/) that explains it but the PC site is down as a part of maintenance.
The PC site seems to be working for me. I was able to download the DLC missions pack for PSP2I just fine. Btw did they take down the PSP2 DLC or is that site down too?

Mike
May 9, 2013, 12:21 AM
Huh. I guess it's back up now. Still about an hour and a half till it's scheduled to be over though.

Link1275
May 9, 2013, 12:23 AM
Huh. I guess it's back up now. Still about an hour and a half till it's scheduled to be over though.
So you think Sega is doing maintenance and it's effecting all of their servers including the western versions of PSP2?

Mike
May 9, 2013, 12:54 AM
So you think Sega is doing maintenance and it's effecting all of their servers including the western versions of PSP2?
No, I just meant Infinity. I wouldn't put it beyond Sega to have set it up that way though.

Link1275
May 9, 2013, 12:57 AM
No, I just meant Infinity. I wouldn't put it beyond Sega to have set it up that way though.
Well, whatever this is it's affecting PSP2 in the west. I made a complaint forum on the playstation support forum about it. Maybe they'll notice and fix it if it's on their end.

Mike
May 9, 2013, 01:20 AM
Sony can only do so much when Sega's running the servers.

blace
May 9, 2013, 03:14 AM
Whatever the case was with the western servers, they seem to be up now albeit lacking as I only saw one locked room and an open room.

Link1275
May 9, 2013, 10:08 AM
Whatever the case was with the western servers, they seem to be up now albeit lacking as I only saw one locked room and an open room.
Yeah. It will could take a few days for people to figure out that they're back up.