PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Character Creation empty; no music or anything

fightmeirl
May 19, 2013, 01:14 AM
When I go to create my character, I get nothing on my screen. There's no music or any sort of animations besides the animated background. There are also no graphics to click. The only way I know it's not frozen or anything is because the background is still animated and when I click on the "x" to close the window, it asks me if I'm sure I want to quit the game.

http://i.imgur.com/D87wBzu.jpg
This is all I see.

What should I do? Anybody having this problem? I haven't seen anything about it online, and I looked for a while. All the problems I found were people saying the game's crashing. My game's fine; not crashing at all. Just hanging at the creation screen...
I've made a character and account before though, back in January. I have a new account though, and when I log into my old one, picking my old character and playing as it gives me no problem at all. It's only when I'm making a new character on my new account...

CrimsonHedgie
May 19, 2013, 03:32 PM
If I take a guess it would be the story patch? Try re-checking all your files (3rd option down on the launcher)

fightmeirl
May 20, 2013, 02:26 PM
If I take a guess it would be the story patch? Try re-checking all your files (3rd option down on the launcher)

Wow... you're a genius! That was exactly the problem. After getting rid of the story patch, the game plays normally again. Guess I won't be using the story patch ;c

Thanks again :'DDD

Haseokun
May 20, 2013, 07:00 PM
I'm totally looking forward to the updated patch AIDA fight the good fight!

aval0nski
Oct 5, 2014, 03:41 AM
how to get rid of the story patch? can you please tell me? I'm having the same problem as this...