PDA

View Full Version : I hate pre-faded jeans.

2Xtreme
Apr 4, 2003, 07:46 PM
Here's a rant from my website that I thought fitting to share with you guys:

-----------

If you've paid any attention to peoples' clothes these days, you may have noticed that prefaded jeans are all the rage right now. Apparently, they make you look "rugged and real". Please. The only thing prefaded jeans make you look like is a moron. Wearing prefaded jeans is like saying "Wow! I'm an idiot, so I spent eighty bucks on a stupid pair of pants!" I probably wouldn't hate these new prefaded jeans as much if they looked, well, actually faded. Seriously, they look like somebody was pissing bleach and they shot a few good squirts your way. Anyone who's made it out of the suburbs and actually faded a pair of jeans knows that the rear and the knees are the first parts to fade - you'll never get stupid white stripes running down the front of your pants.

I also don't see why people see the need to waste obscene amounts of money on a pair of pants. If you want faded jeans that bad, why not run to your local Salvation Army store instead, and buy some real faded jeans for two bucks? You'd also be supporting a good cause, as opposed to encouraging child labour in a third world country. If the Salvation Army is too low class for you (read: your chin is too high in the air for you to set foot in there), then why not go to Wal Mart and buy a pair of brand new, regular jeans? They're at least half the price of prefaded ones, and you can fade them yourself.

There's a lot to be said for being intelligent and saving money while you're at it.

LamerPanda
Apr 4, 2003, 08:48 PM
Eh, I hate them as well.

I have a pair of jeans that had a bleach-covered towel thrown on them, and everyone thinks they're SO AWESOME and tries to ask me where I bought it. It's silly, if you ask me. I don't understand why making clothes look stained or old is "cool".

I hate fashion.

Zeebo
Apr 4, 2003, 10:35 PM
Eh, I don't really care for them....!

2Xtreme
Apr 5, 2003, 04:49 PM
Because I'm bored, here's a zoom-in of the rant on my site:

http://members.shaw.ca/chris_dekker/rant.gif

LordCronai
Apr 5, 2003, 06:17 PM
No way, keep on buying those pre-faded jeans. Then we can laugh at how you flush your money down the toilet to try and be cool http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Foggy_Pete
Apr 6, 2003, 08:12 PM
heres something to think about america. you pay 50 dolars for Tshirts with a beat up look to em.. American Egal, Abercromby, they make there shirts shitty and charge double the price of normal cloths. well today, america, i fell in a creek by accident and got your 'mudy faded' look for FREE. the other day, when i ripped my pants, i saved 40 bucks instead of buying your pre skrewed up trendy knee cut jeans. if only your 'lets sell the rustic/poor look' worked on other things..like selling cars with flat tires or tvs with cracked screens. america is the only contry that pays money to look poor
ok back on topic now. i hate faded jeans too

LordCronai
Apr 6, 2003, 09:08 PM
I personally will never spend a penny on clothes until my mother stops paying for them. Oh darn, no expensive shit for me.

LollipopLolita
Apr 6, 2003, 09:39 PM
man i don't give a frick about how other people dress, what's the point of letting it bug me anyhow. it's their money they can spend it any way they want to as long as it doesn't hurt others, and who am i to judge. it's their money. and if it was my money, i'd spend it like how i want to and no one can really tell me what to do with my hard earned money as long as i'm not spending it on hitmen or things like that. people can dress any friggin way they want to.

ABDUR101
Apr 6, 2003, 09:45 PM
I'm going to set the "pissy-pants" trend.

Zeebo
Apr 6, 2003, 09:53 PM
no crap abdur?

2Xtreme
Apr 7, 2003, 06:21 PM
I'm going to set the "pissy-pants" trend.

*Dies laughing as he thinks of Abdur pissing his pants in public*

Omni-SqwirL
Apr 11, 2003, 10:06 AM
I live here in Alabama....people just started wearing shoes last year...

Just kidding, but anyways, yeah, pre-faded jeans are a waste. Go to the Thrift Store and get sone for $1.48....it's that simple man...simple.