PDA

View Full Version : My letter to SEGA...

Tiax
Apr 4, 2003, 10:01 PM
well, here ya go, hot off the press and in the flesh:

Dear SEGA representative,
I, like many others, have been glued to my TV for quite some time now with your GameCube version of PSO. But, lurking always in the shadows have been something you consistantly deny even exists. Yet it has taken many of us, and if you dont know what i am talking about, you need to step out of your little superiority shell and realize that you have put a Beta-quality program on the market, and deny any acusitions of problems with the code. FSOD and FSOD-X have struck many of us down and you have lost many a coustomer due to your apathy towords fixing this program. You have two options to make the people happy:
1) Stop charging so god-damn much for us to go online to your crappy second-hand servers. It is hardly worth it and with all the bugs in this program, it makes everyone wonder "Why are we paying SEGA to keep this bull shit up?"
2) Fix the problem. (Easier said then done, ehh?) Why dont you or one of you (you collectivly, not just the support team) get off your lazy asses and do something with the thousands upon thousands of dollars that you rob from the public every day? It is absurd to think that you can not fix the problem with all the money that you charge every month!
Thank you for your time and i am sorry if i have offended you, but the truth hurts. SEGA needs to realize that this is not the end of the angry letters sent in. I, at the very least, expect an email in return. You have my address and i expect you know how to use it. If this program was fixed, and FSOD became a thing of the past, do you realize how much that could help that excuse of a reputation you now carry on your shoulders? The first step is admiting the problem exists. Do that, and its all down hill form there... I have also heard a nasty rumor that you programed in FSOD as a device to enhance replay value. I hope and pray with every fiber of my FSOD-broken being this isnt true. People pour their lives into this game, easily ammasing over 600 hours of their lives dedicated to nothing but a ticking time bomb ready to reset that counter and waist their already waisted lives. I, once again, expect an email promptly (within 2 weeks) or you can expect a lot more frome me. Heh, it will be just like that guy form "Shawshank Sedemption" mailing the government over and over until he gets what he wants. Thank you again and good luck fixing that nasty little bug of yours!

2Xtreme
Apr 4, 2003, 10:13 PM
Not bad. I do hope, however, that they know what you mean by "FSOD" and "FSOD-X". Since FSOD is a computer term, I'm sure they will at least know that one.

LordCronai
Apr 4, 2003, 10:13 PM
Dear Tiax,

I'm afraid we don't give a fuck about your PSO experience. We've got your money, you're desperate enough to pay the monthly fee, its not our problem whether you get screwed over or not as long as we make lots of money. To actually do some work as the publishers of this fine game is unheard of, as our bug fixers are losers hired off the streets for 3 bucks an hour. Face it, we'll probably lose you as a customer, but it doesn't matter because we'll still be rakin' in the money from other people!

Yours Truly,
Asshole from SEGA

---

What I'm trying to say is, SEGA doesn't really care about us, and they'll probably never do anything that costs them money to fix the bugs =

Captain_Anarchy
Apr 4, 2003, 10:14 PM
well the first thing i would say is take any form of profanity out or your letter, swearing in your letter will make you sound imiture to them and they will not take you as seriously just a sugestion

LollipopLolita
Apr 4, 2003, 10:16 PM
oh that would get you a reply!

Morfos
Apr 4, 2003, 10:22 PM
On 2003-04-04 19:01, Tiax wrote:
well, here ya go, hot off the press and in the flesh:

I, like many others, have been glued to my TV for quite some time now with your GameCube version of PSO. But, lurking always in the shadows have been something you consistantly deny even exists. Yet it has taken many of us, and if you dont know what i am talking about, you need to step out of your little superiority shell and realize that you have put a Beta-quality program on the market, and deny any acusitions of problems with the code. FSOD and FSOD-X have struck many of us down and you have lost many a coustomer due to your apathy towords fixing this program. You have two options to make the people happy:
1) Stop charging so god-damn much for us to go online to your crappy second-hand servers. It is hardly worth it and with all the bugs in this program, it makes everyone wonder "Why are we paying SEGA to keep this bull shit up?"
2) Fix the problem. (Easier said then done, ehh?) Why dont you or one of you (you collectivly, not just the support team) get off your lazy asses and do something with the thousands upon thousands of dollars that you rob from the public every day? It is absurd to think that you can not fix the problem with all the money that you charge every month!
Thank you for your time and i am sorry if i have offended you, but the truth hurts. SEGA needs to realize that this is not the end of the angry letters sent in. I, at the very least, expect an email in return. You have my address and i expect you know how to use it. If this program was fixed, and FSOD became a thing of the past, do you realize how much that could help that excuse of a reputation you now carry on your shoulders? The first step is admiting the problem exists. Do that, and its all down hill form there... I have also heard a nasty rumor that you programed in FSOD as a device to enhance replay value. I hope and pray with every fiber of my FSOD-broken being this isnt true. People pour their lives into this game, easily ammasing over 600 hours of their lives dedicated to nothing but a ticking time bomb ready to reset that counter and waist their already waisted lives. I, once again, expect an email promptly (within 2 weeks) or you can expect a lot more frome me. Heh, it will be just like that guy form "Shawshank Sedemption" mailing the government over and over until he gets what he wants. Thank you again and good luck fixing that nasty little bug of yours!

I agree with that letter, tell them what your made of!

Tiax
Apr 4, 2003, 10:24 PM
i had the profanity in there cauz i still had that thought of losing 400+ hours of my life to sega's ignorance and that just pushed me over the edge. you can say "fuck" on this board? kick-ass.

Zeebo
Apr 4, 2003, 10:24 PM
Make sure you send like 5 so they definetly get it..

Tiax
Apr 4, 2003, 10:31 PM
ok heres a letter written by Celshaded ver2 on the Gfaqs board. (I got him along with 5 other ppl to send letters in 2night)

heres my letter so far, oh, and its not "business-like" screw that, they only need to hear the truth, damn.
Ok, dear Sonic Team,
Do you completely deny that curroption exsists in PSO, you have nothing in your FAQ's and i have gotten it 3 damn times. Three times, thats insane. Just because you CAN make and release a half-ass game that barely has the quality of a BETA product, doesn't mean you should. If you let curroption go on with out even an ounce of effort going in to fix it, i won't understand how you can go on and get people to pay money for any of your half ass crap. I hate writing letters because you can just throw them out and completely ignore them but i will NOT sit around and do nothing at all. You dont deserve to be called SEGA, SEGA used to be a name that meant quality, games that were worth money, but now, now its nuts, you greedy idiots, first you make us pay massive amounts of money for the game, then pay for online fees, and if we dont want to waste 10 hours typing a sentence with your onscreen keyboard, we must also by a $50 keyboard, i could go by a Dreamcast and burn it for that much and I'd be much more satisfied with where my money went. I can't understand your complete lack of brain capacity, seriously was everyone at Sonic Team dropped on there head as a child, there all incompetent idiots. Anyway I hope you enjoyed this letter if you can even read it, i just hope Sega decides to replace everyone at Sonic Team with monkeys so we can actually have a decent game. So whatever, later:)
heh

Morfos
Apr 4, 2003, 10:38 PM
I think they should get rid of the double save. Duping is not that bad at all really. ST is just too dumb to relize that Corruption is worse than dupring.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Morfos on 2003-04-04 19:39 ]</font>

Tiax
Apr 4, 2003, 10:39 PM
i agree... (they will never fix duping as long as USB mem cards are around...)

Tiax
Apr 4, 2003, 10:48 PM
okay, heres a better one, hows this?
I am a long time customer and greatly appreciate all your past efforts. In fact, I, like many others, have been glued to my TV for quite some time now with your GameCube version of PSO. But, lurking always in the shadows have been something you consistently deny even exists. Yet it has taken many of us, and if you don't know what I am talking about, you need to step out of your little superiority shell and realize that you have put a Beta-quality program on the market, and deny any accusations of problems with the code. Screen-freezing and Corrupt-memory cards have struck many of us down and you have lost many customers due to your apathy towards fixing this problem. You have two options to make the people happy:
1) Reduce the charges. We are you paying you extra money so that we can play online. That's our end of the bargain. Your end of the bargain is to give us safe and stable servers to play on. It is hardly worth it it all with all the bugs in this program.
2) Fix the problem. (Easier said then done, ehh?) Why don't you (you collectively, not just the support team) use the money you earn to fix these problems? I am aware keeping up servers cost money, but do you know how many people have quit playing PSO due to file corruption? If you fix your servers, you will have customers for many months to come. It will all be worthwhile.
Thank you for your time and I am sorry if i have offended you. SEGA needs to realize that this is not the end of the angry letters sent in. I, at the very least, expect an email in return. You have my address and I expect you know how to use it. The first step is admitting the problem exists. Do that, and its all up hill form there. People pour their lives into this game, easily wasting over 600 hours of their lives dedicated to nothing but a ticking time bomb ready to reset. Any support is greatly appreciated.

Zeebo
Apr 4, 2003, 10:56 PM
Eh, either one will do....

LordCronai
Apr 4, 2003, 10:59 PM
On 2003-04-04 19:39, Tiax wrote:
i agree... (they will never fix duping as long as USB mem cards are around...)

Oh my God! You just released the tightly guarded secret of duping to the PSOW community! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

But the above statement is true. Even if SEGA did give a crap, they couldn't do anything about it.

Tiax
Apr 4, 2003, 11:00 PM
lol, well i sent em both, and i will send more...

Lman90245
Apr 5, 2003, 03:47 AM
I lost a level 134 FOmar due to fsod and turning off the power to my Gamecube... not only that but I lost all of my low level chars and saves from metroid prime and resident evil... it took me a loooong time to build my RAmar up to lvl 165 since then...

TELL THOSE BASTARDS I WILL KILL THEM IF THEY DON'T FIX IT!

-Eden-
Apr 5, 2003, 03:51 PM
....I could really say something right now... but... no, I'd rather not.

LordCronai
Apr 5, 2003, 09:52 PM
On 2003-04-05 12:51, -Eden- wrote:
....I could really say something right now... but... no, I'd rather not.

Thanks, we really needed to know that ^_^

-Eden-
Apr 6, 2003, 05:21 AM
lol, fine, ok then...

I'd say that treating SEGA like a money hungry tyrant isn't going to get you anywhere (at best a "boo-hoo" then a toss into the trash can). If you want to do anything about the problem, I'd suggest addressing them respectfully (especially since their tech support is far from lazy). Ah, and another thing, including rumours will "really" make your arguement credible.

That letter is good for ventilation only, don't expect to get anything done. And thats not because Sega eats babys and beats old ladies up for money to power their FSOD generators, its because they would rather spending time addressing co-operative people.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Eden- on 2003-04-06 03:22 ]</font>

2Xtreme
Apr 6, 2003, 03:58 PM
ST is just too dumb to relize that Corruption is worse than dupring.

I agree. Down with durping!

LordCronai
Apr 7, 2003, 03:32 PM
On 2003-04-06 13:58, 2Xtreme wrote:

ST is just too dumb to relize that Corruption is worse than dupring.

I agree. Down with durping!

No way! Durping is awesome! Corruption is much worse...=o