PDA

View Full Version : Class advice from experienced gun users please!

Drewseph
May 20, 2013, 10:29 PM
I'm curious if anyone has actually compared DPS numbers end-game between Gu/Ra and Ra/Hu for single target bosses. Is one significantly higher DPS than another? Any information is appreciated thanks!

SociableTyrannosaur
May 20, 2013, 10:48 PM
you're asking which is better for rockbears?

...you mean things that die in 5 seconds regardless of which you use?

...yeah I have.

Findings below

1 Million!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grady219
May 20, 2013, 10:57 PM
It's all situational. If you manage to hit the boss' weak point with a weak bullet and use overend with a level 3 gear gauge, it will probably outdamage Gu/Ra by a bit. The Gu/Ra is way easier to set up because you apply weak bullet and chain trigger at the same time. When you build the chain, you build the gear gauge and then elder rebellion for massive damage.

Rien
May 20, 2013, 11:05 PM
Ra/Hu, not Hu/Ra.

Weak Ballet and Addition Bullet/Aiming Shot/Divine Lawn Chair

jerrykun
May 20, 2013, 11:13 PM
Gu/Ra: DPS
Ra/Hu: Burst Damage

I think both combinations are capable of dealing a lot of damage.
IMO, Gunner's dodge shift has more survivability and is way better than Ranger's dive roll, just my 2 cents.

UnLucky
May 20, 2013, 11:31 PM
Ra/Hu: Great sustained AoE ranged damage and great sustained single target damage to enemies with multiple targetable parts or adds

Gu/Ra: Great burst single target damage

SociableTyrannosaur
May 20, 2013, 11:39 PM
Gu/Ra: DPS
Ra/Hu: Burst Damage

I think both combinations are capable of dealing a lot of damage.
IMO, Gunner's dodge shift has more survivability and is way better than Ranger's dive roll, just my 2 cents.

Yeah except it doesn't matter when you can one shot almost everything in the game a s Ra/Hu

Coatl
May 21, 2013, 01:01 AM
I'd say RA/Hu can kill it faster, just because it takes so long to just set up chain and WB..

Z-0
May 21, 2013, 07:10 AM
Ra/Hu is a better boss killer than Gu/Ra easily.

Just learn how to play and use Homing Emission. There are various ways of using it, such as single-shot bursts, grabbing just 2 targets and then there's the one-shot kill where you grab 6 targets.

You shouldn't always be trying to grab 6 targets with HE, it depends on your target. For example, for Rockbears, grab 2 targets instead and just keep firing.

Bellion
May 21, 2013, 07:13 AM
It depends on the situation, boss, and whether or not you can prepare in advance or not. If you cannot prepare in advance, Ra/Hu. Multiple bosses? Ra/Hu.

I'd pick Ra/Hu for pretty much everything. Although, on the situational boss, you can get some stupid results if you get all of the damage multipliers on the Gu/Ra or Ra/Gu trees: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoAgzuBEBUc

Drewseph
May 21, 2013, 10:35 AM
ty for replies!