PDA

View Full Version : Game What is the biggest special edition game you've ever owned?

Wyndham
May 21, 2013, 10:28 AM
What is the biggest special edition game you've ever owned, and how much did you pay?
The biggest special edition game I own is Skyrim Collector's Edition with the Alduin statue and Art Book and so on. I got it for 80$.

gigawuts
May 21, 2013, 10:32 AM
I got the Skyrim Collector's Edition for about the same price, too. I like to buy CE's with tons of cool real life goodies a few months after the game's release, when they're on clearance. It can be a gamble, like with the BL2 one which became insanely hard to find at a reasonable price, but for others they're more than half off because there's so freaking many of them.

Sayara
May 21, 2013, 10:43 AM
The Zelda64 3DS.
Mainly for the Zelda 3ds but Zelda 64s a good game too (if i ever get back to playing it)

Palle
May 21, 2013, 11:37 AM
As far as games, I don't think I've ever bought one. I got a few for free from my Namco days which I did giveaways for on other forums... Tales of Vesperia and SoulCalibur 4 come to mind.

I did pay ~$260 for a Char's Custom Gamecube from NCSX some time ago... yeah, not too proud of that.

Polly
May 21, 2013, 11:59 AM
I'm really happy with those Working Designs PS1 games I have like LUNAR 1&2 (2 came with a punching Ghaleon puppet) and Ark The Lad. Really well put together and those hard-cover manuals and cloth maps were spiffy as fuuuuck.

Blitzkommando
May 21, 2013, 01:37 PM
Half-Life 2 for the collector's box that came with the t-shirt and whatnot. The box still sits upon my dresser. Totally worth the $80 as I still will wear the shirt and play the game.

Neith
May 21, 2013, 02:12 PM
Gran Turismo 5 Signature Edition (only released in Japan and Europe). I'd originally paid £70 for the smaller Collector's version but a friend put the rest as a birthday present (Signature edition was £130).

Signature Edition came with GT5, an entry to a competition to win a Merc SLS AMG, leather wallet, keychain, USB stick, leather-bound artbook, 200+ page 'Apex' book about driving techniques, the invention of the car and how most of the mechanical parts work, 2 DLC packs (one of which is exclusive to Signature Edition) and a 1:43 scale model of a Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG in a GT5 livery. It came in an aluminium tin painted in the exact same black as Mercedes use for their AMG cars.

I wouldn't have bought it at £130 but when a friend offers to put up half the cost I couldn't turn it down.

(and no, I didn't win the SLS :( )

Mike
May 21, 2013, 07:59 PM
I'm really happy with those Working Designs PS1 games I have like LUNAR 1&2 (2 came with a punching Ghaleon puppet) and Ark The Lad. Really well put together and those hard-cover manuals and cloth maps were spiffy as fuuuuck.
I was part timing at a game store when those came out and the store ended up with a bunch of extra puppets. I think a bunch of people did too because they don't go for much on Ebay. I don't think I've ever seen an Alex puppet though.

Polly
May 21, 2013, 08:09 PM
I was part timing at a game store when those came out and the store ended up with a bunch of extra puppets. I think a bunch of people did too because they don't go for much on Ebay. I don't think I've ever seen an Alex puppet though.

I always questioned whether those even existed outside of Japan, because I've never seen one in the states.

Mike
May 21, 2013, 08:17 PM
I always questioned whether those even existed outside of Japan, because I've never seen one in the states.
I've always thought the Alex ones were a promo for some trade show which is why they never showed up as a pre-order bonus. Not having the hero kind of defeats the purpose of having a villian. You couldn't even reenact the scene on the back of the box!

Randomness
May 21, 2013, 09:23 PM
I can't say I've ever gone in for those, really.

I know people who have, but personally, it's rarely anything I care about (read: soundtracks).

Mantiskilla
May 21, 2013, 09:29 PM

LOL I have both the Lunar 1 & 2 Special Editions on PS1 as well. Honestly though I really don't know how nice they are b/c the only thing I ever opened was the game itself. Heck for Lunar 2 i think all the little standoff pieces of the chars and the broach that Lumia wears are all still sealed in plastic lol. Of course now they just sit there and collect dust and all since I haven't played a ps1 game in gosh knows how many years.

Really don't buy CE's anymore but the last one I got was DOA5 on PS3. Nothing too special about it though

yoshiblue
May 21, 2013, 09:43 PM
Star Trek Online Collectors Edition for 11$.

Sad yet funny.

Polly
May 21, 2013, 09:53 PM
LOL I have both the Lunar 1 & 2 Special Editions on PS1 as well. Honestly though I really don't know how nice they are b/c the only thing I ever opened was the game itself. Heck for Lunar 2 i think all the little standoff pieces of the chars and the broach that Lumia wears are all still sealed in plastic lol. Of course now they just sit there and collect dust and all since I haven't played a ps1 game in gosh knows how many years.

Really don't buy CE's anymore but the last one I got was DOA5 on PS3. Nothing too special about it though

Haha, I love the Lucia pendant. I've worn it as part of a few everyday outfits and it looks pretty spiffy and natural when paired with the right things.

Volcompat321
May 21, 2013, 10:39 PM
The CoD Black Ops 2, with the care package and whatnot..
Next would be Borderlands 2.

Alisha
May 21, 2013, 11:08 PM
besides the lunar and arc the lad collection stuff i never bought a CE but i preordered xillia CE

Polly
May 21, 2013, 11:34 PM
The Halo Reach special edition I snagged randomly (even though I'm not the biggest fan of the series) is pretty damn spiffy too. So much material there with lots of really immersive information on the world, and Halsey's Journal, though almost complete nonsense to me, was really fascinating and is super well put together.

CelestialBlade
May 22, 2013, 04:26 AM
Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky LE. I still need to make a keychain out of my Bracer emblem.

Lunar special edition was cool as fuck too. Reminds me of that Valkyrie Profile LE I never could find that I really wanted.

Bonjet
May 22, 2013, 08:55 AM
Pokemon series, I wasted alot of money to get a single version on GB Color and GBA SP.

GB Color version = P300 - P400 (Red, Blue and Gold)
GBA SP version = P500 - P800 (Fire Red, Ruby and Emerald)

Man, reminds my 5 years playing Pokemon when I was 10 - 15 years old.

darkante
May 22, 2013, 11:15 PM
Got 2x DK Bongos for some sweet Donkey Konga action.
Good stuff.

Outrider
May 23, 2013, 03:13 PM
The Halo Reach special edition I snagged randomly (even though I'm not the biggest fan of the series) is pretty damn spiffy too. So much material there with lots of really immersive information on the world, and Halsey's Journal, though almost complete nonsense to me, was really fascinating and is super well put together.

Yup, that's my biggest purchase as well:

http://halo.bungie.net/images/News/Inline10/42210/HERO_LEGENDARY7.jpg

I also picked up the Halo 3 helmet edition, but that doesn't really count since I bought it a year or two after the fact for ~$50.

I actually have no idea where that helmet went.

-Crokar-
May 25, 2013, 01:16 AM
probably mortal kombat on the 360 with the book ends. I don't really buy a lot of special additions because dlc bonuses are not special to me I want a physical product not digital. and art books and CDs don't count for me

Polly
May 25, 2013, 07:01 PM
I also picked up the Halo 3 helmet edition, but that doesn't really count since I bought it a year or two after the fact for ~$50.

I actually have no idea where that helmet went.

I can't remember exactly, but the helmet wasn't actually a helmet you could wear was it? Or was it just a sorta statue thing?

-Crokar-
May 25, 2013, 07:09 PM
it was just decoration

Outrider
May 28, 2013, 02:20 PM
I can't remember exactly, but the helmet wasn't actually a helmet you could wear was it? Or was it just a sorta statue thing?

Yeah, it wasn't actually a helmet. It was just a decorative storage unit that could hold all the a Halo games in space.

Mike
May 28, 2013, 08:14 PM
I'd love it if they came out with an actual, official helmet. I'm not a Halo fan but I like helmets.

gigawuts
May 28, 2013, 08:39 PM
I'd love it if they came out with an actual, official helmet. I'm not a Halo fan but I like helmets.

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/lord-Helmet-Scared_med.jpg

yoshiblue
May 28, 2013, 08:45 PM
Would be nice if they made a Anniversary edition of Darth Helmet.

Mike
May 28, 2013, 08:57 PM
http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/lord-Helmet-Scared_med.jpg
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2415&pictureid=35530

Would be nice if they made a Anniversary edition of Darth Helmet.
That would be Dark Helmet. And a case the shape of his helmet is certainly something I can see existing, if it doesn't already.

yoshiblue
May 28, 2013, 09:02 PM
Dark!? Man, this entire time I always called him Darth Helmet! My life is a lie!