PDA

View Full Version : Current Playstation 3 games-

Volcompat321
May 23, 2013, 09:32 PM
Just got a Ps3 back, after not having one for about a year.
What can I get to keep me occupied, other than the typical CoD, Battlefield... and so on.

I like MMO's (really... just like PSU... and uh... that's it...)

I have a few games, MGS4 of course.... And Skyrim.

Zeota
May 24, 2013, 11:30 AM
Metal Gear Rising

Since someone's bound to mention it. Unlike the MGS games, it places more emphasis on "smash' than "stealth".

Wyndham
May 24, 2013, 01:38 PM
I just bought the White Super Slim PS3 PS+ bundle on May first, so I will keep an eye on this topic.

Scrub
May 24, 2013, 01:48 PM
Dragon's Dogma just came out with an upgraded version, Dark Arisen, and it's really good. It's kind of like...a more story/character oriented Monster Hunter, I guess? It's got a couple of cool things going for it. There's actually an entire system to grapple and climb onto all the giant monsters that you fight, so like you can climb up to a golem's weakpoint and beat the shit out of it or something. There's also this huge system where you create your own sidekick called a 'pawn,' and other people online can see it and use it themselves, and you can rent out other people's pawns until you have your own party of 4. It's hard to describe, but it's pretty cool. It's only $40 too, so I definitely recommend it.

There's also Anarchy Reigns, kind of like a fighter-beatemup hybrid. I don't know if people still play online, but it's got an incredibly fun multiplayer mode. The single-player isn't as bad as people say, but you definitely want to pick it up for the online. It also features a bunch of characters from Mad World if you have ever played that. It's got a ton of cool characters and is set place in a kind-of dystopian future. THIS game's only $20, so if you want to try out a really unique and cool fighter there's no reason not to pick it up.

Volcompat321
May 24, 2013, 05:56 PM
I've heard a lot of good things about Dragon's Dogma. Haven't checked it out at all yet, but I want to.

Other than that, I bought Borderlands 2, or course. Always loved that game. Just like the first one, I bought it for every system I owned at the time. (Xbox, pc and PS3).

blace
May 24, 2013, 06:03 PM
The only games I play consistently are Metal Gear Rising: Reveangence, Anarchy Reigns and a bit of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale.

I might take some pictures of all the games I own for it.

Sinue_v2
May 25, 2013, 09:26 PM
Valkyria Chronicles.

That's really the only exclusive on the PS4 that I'm really sorry I missed out on this generation by not going multi-platform. Well, that and Metal Gear Solid 4, but you've already got that.

Volcompat321
May 25, 2013, 11:28 PM
Valkyria Chronicles.

That's really the only exclusive on the PS4 that I'm really sorry I missed out on this generation by not going multi-platform. Well, that and Metal Gear Solid 4, but you've already got that.

I've actually had that game since it's release.
I bought it when it came out, before I had a playstation, then even after I sold it, I kept it.
Then, I couldn't find it, so I just got it again, and then I found it. Doesn't matter, it was like 10 bucks.

blace
May 26, 2013, 12:19 AM
If you feel like playing hero or antihero, InFAMOUS and InFAMOUS 2/Festival of Blood are fun.

Both sides have their perks what with homing electric missiles or a bigger grenade explosion. The first game was painfully black and white, the second offered different varuations and potential consequences.

Uncharted series are good. Although Uncharted 3 reuses a lot of what was in 1 and 2 along with ramping up the difficulty a fair bit.

Sexy_Raine
May 27, 2013, 01:59 AM
For recent games, maybe Tomb Raider, GOW Ascension, and Bioshock Infinite will suit your taste.

Also coming soon, there's the Last of Us. I've already pre-ordered the survival edition.

Ragnarok Odyssey Ace is getting a PS3 release and comfirmed for NA. Probably the closest thing to Pso on PS3 besides Final Fantasy XIV.

I like MMO's (really... just like PSU... and uh... that's it...)

I haven't paid attention to Pso2 at all for the past few months. I refuse to support Sega since they treat the NA audience like shit and only treat their precious JP fans with any care. I'd rather pirate PSO2 than to give a damn dime to Sega. I'm too old for online games anyway.