PDA

View Full Version : Red Gunslash vs Rouge Coffin

GALEFORCE
May 24, 2013, 06:44 PM
I'm at the point in my Hu/Ra career where I'm running AQs and TAs hoping for Karakasa to drop, but really, who knows when that will happen.. Right now I'm using an RGS with 50 lightning, and I'm considering crafting a Rouge Coffin as an "upgrade", but I know how bad ice element is, so I'm not really sure if it's worth the money/hassle.

RGS 561 ratk + 50 lightning
Rouge Coffin 674 ratk + 30 ice

I know there are more enemies weak to lightning than ice, but how well would Rouge stack up overall?

Z-0
May 24, 2013, 06:49 PM
The Rouge Coffin wins, because the element type doesn't really matter. You still get 30% extra elemental damage no matter what type you're hitting, you just get little bonuses or losses depending on the enemy.

UnLucky
May 24, 2013, 07:11 PM
You'll do more damage with the Rouge Coffin for sure. Higher R-Atk overall, including the element, plus higher Dex.

GALEFORCE
May 24, 2013, 07:23 PM
Mm.. but the RGS has 50 element.

561*1.5 = 841.5
674*1.3 = 876.2

It really is an improvement, but perhaps not as big as I'd have liked. Rouge would be weaker in sanctum/tunnels/falz as well, wouldn't it?

Agastya
May 24, 2013, 07:28 PM
rgs also has the red weapon dex penalty*

i dont know how big a deal it is on weapons that are often used with multi-hit attacks but i know its a pretty big deal when your damage comes out in huge bursts across single hits

*or whatever it is that causes the insane damage variance

Lebensohl
May 24, 2013, 07:29 PM
Rouge Coffin initially will not be a big improvement, the damage increase will be between unnoticeable and 10% (it will always be a damage increase). The thing is, you have already reached the best potential of your red gunslash, and you need a weapon that you can push farther.

The good thing about a rouge coffin is that the damage potential is much higher. Once you have the spare cash and snow spellstones you can spend more to 50 element the rouge coffin too.

GALEFORCE
May 24, 2013, 07:49 PM
I actually didn't consider improving the Coffin, but it wouldn't be that expensive I guess. The biggest roadblock to improving it would be that Tundra AQ takes the same capsules as Volcano AQ, which I need to grind for my Jikomi :(

UnLucky
May 24, 2013, 07:55 PM
Yeah, the red gs would be like 925 R-Atk against machines, whereas the Rouge would be 916 against Caves dragons. I think.

Against most anything, the Rouge would be strictly better. For the rest, it will still average out to be stronger overall because of the Dex difference. Red weapons should be replaced as soon as you can, because even a seemingly small upgrade makes a large difference.