PDA

View Full Version : Item: How do I check for dupes?

SpellBoy
Apr 5, 2003, 01:52 AM
What is the best way I can purge my character of dupes, I have some legit items, but I only want to keep them. I'm afraid that a lot of the 'gifts' I got where dupes.

IceBlink
Apr 5, 2003, 06:54 AM
If you feel the weapon is duped, sell it. In other words, use your own common sense and judgement. o_O You don't need someone to hold your hand when you cross the road, you should be able to do this easily. ^_^

BrokenHope
Apr 5, 2003, 07:50 AM
On 2003-04-04 22:52, SpellBoy wrote:
What is the best way I can purge my character of dupes, I have some legit items, but I only want to keep them. I'm afraid that a lot of the 'gifts' I got where dupes.

If it's over 10 stars there's a high chance it's a dupe especially if it was a "gift"

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Apr 5, 2003, 08:08 AM
If you see an item in your bank and think, "I'll just keep it and say I found it legit" then dump it =^.-=

JiNn
Apr 6, 2003, 11:48 PM
If you see an item in your bank and think, "I'll just keep it and say I found it legit" then dump it =^.-=

Good answer^_^

Xi0t
Apr 7, 2003, 01:12 PM
I would go for: Don't even trade. Find your own rares to be 100% sure that they are legit.

polishedweasel
Apr 7, 2003, 07:44 PM
This is how you tell it's a dupe:

1. Drop suspicious item on the floor
2. Walk into the hunter's guild
3. Start a quest
4. When the quest starts, go back to the guild and quit the quest
5. Go see if the item you dropped is still there
6. If it's gone, it's duped
7. If it's there, it's legit

if you did this, you are an idiot.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: polishedweasel on 2003-04-07 17:46 ]</font>

polishedweasel
Apr 7, 2003, 07:48 PM
On 2003-04-07 11:12, Xi0t wrote:
I would go for: Don't even trade. Find your own rares to be 100% sure that they are legit.

In that case, you'd have a Flowen's Sword +28 and a Stag Cutlery +15 on your uber strong lv 105 HUmar

latimer
Apr 7, 2003, 08:19 PM
I have to agree with polishedweasel, the whining is more of a problem then anything else.

"Yes", I trade, "yes" I own dupes.

Though it may seem contradictory for me to even post this:

You ("legits") complain about people having these powerful items that they didn't earn, how people get themselves killed because they spend too much time bragging and less time paying attention. Your porblem is that instead of earning your own items like you are so ready to brag about, you are wasting your time in the forums whining that other people got what you have been looking for over the period of two weeks in two minutes.

I might play the game a few to several (3-7) hours a week, I might take some time to read the wonderful literature that I find in the Cheaters forum here at PSOW and occasionally respond, but really ... aren't there more constructive things to do that insult Sonic Team for the things that they aren't doing to their own work and what other people are doing in a game? There is a constructive purpose to the Cheaters forum, and I really don't see it being used by most people.

After reading all of this and the in game rants, I would have to most people quit from joining games and getting lectures on the moral issues of games. Like I said in another post, I'll steal all of those white collars from around your necks and violate them in ways your collective imaginations could not begin to understand.

Its a game, play it or quit. ;D

Raist
Apr 7, 2003, 08:24 PM
On 2003-04-07 18:19, latimer wrote:
Its a game, play it or quit. ;D

Go play a game of monopoly with somebody who's cheating, oh what fun it is. FYI just because they complain on a message board doesn't mean they don't enjoy the game, this place is for game discussion, get over it.

latimer
Apr 7, 2003, 08:56 PM
I'm just can't help but wonder how many people are actually getting offended by the text they are reading under the soft glow of their moniters right now posted by some anonymous internet-user that they will never meet in real life, and all of this about a game ... ;D

On 2003-04-07 18:24, Raist wrote:

Go play a game of monopoly with somebody who's cheating, oh what fun it is. FYI just because they complain on a message board doesn't mean they don't enjoy the game, this place is for game discussion, get over it.

Cheating in monopoly just makes the game go by more quickly ...

Using items that you traded for makes you more powerful and gives you the opportunity to level up more quickly, oh, so that is why trading is cheating?

I've seen plenty of people complaining about the quality of gameplay lacking online because of these items. Gameplay/replay discussion is in the General Forum(General chat - Gameplay Discussion Only), this is the Cheating Forum (A place where you can discuss your ideas about cheating. It is NOT a place to post cheat codes.) for discussion about cheating in-game, and people's opinions on it. I'm sorry that I read the topic for the forum, I won't do it next time.

I just want to know what there is for me to get over while stating opinions on the topic of cheating? (be it relating to other people's reactions to cheating, it is still on the topic of cheating)