PDA

View Full Version : Item Design Contest (facepalm)

oratank
May 29, 2013, 03:04 AM
Costume Division コスチューム部門
コスチューム 全種族男女共用 / Unisex Costumes for All Races
コスチューム 全種族男性 / Male Costumes for All Races
コスチューム 全種族女性 / Female Costumes for All Races

Contest Rules:
- They are not accepting hairstyles, head parts, body parts, leg parts, and arm parts designs at this time.

wtf sega can't make cast part even contest cast still cut off
cast need more love SEGA

Coatl
May 29, 2013, 07:57 AM
u mad. 3:

Zenobia
May 29, 2013, 08:08 AM
u mad. 3:

He def mad Hun~.

Z-0
May 29, 2013, 08:32 AM
gotta be mad, there have been no original cast parts in forever.

last ones were in february. . . . .

Gardios
May 29, 2013, 08:36 AM
I don't think you should complain about them allowing you design all race costumes...

HIT0SHI
May 29, 2013, 08:39 AM
Defiantly mad. SEGA should at least give CASTs the Border Break crossover boss as parts including the head part. Iirc thats not happening.

Kierto
May 29, 2013, 08:50 AM
You all should've seen this coming. In PSP2/i's DLC (and by extension JP PSU) it was the same shit. Same nonsense with clothing stopping being split in to pieces somewhere around AOTI. Parts just stopped happening and were replaced with one-piece costumes, even costumes unique to the Cast race.

It was kind of a miracle they even split the Ontatio Frame/Rosen Schwart Vita pieces in to parts, lol.

Of course here you have the problem that Cast parts take up more storage space which you can only increase via real money.. Hmm, an easy $$$еее opportunity there..

BlueCast Boy
May 29, 2013, 08:51 AM
Oh well people can think of something that makes you look like cast, ex chealsea and curts replica.
EDIT: well sadly when my storage is getting full again thanks to the update today, but yeah OFrame, RScwart were one piece custome.

Kierto
May 29, 2013, 08:52 AM
Don't forget that any winning designs will be released via AC Scratch.

Mike
May 29, 2013, 08:59 AM
Don't forget that any winning designs will be released via AC Scratch.
That's rich.

Z-0
May 29, 2013, 09:00 AM
Well, it is SEGA.

Zenobia
May 29, 2013, 12:30 PM
Well, it is SEGA.

^Fucking YOLO right here...srsly though I really wanna see some new caseal parts alrdy...idm mind the all race costumes np, but my love for those Caseal joints baby they are strong within me<3

thematesV2
May 29, 2013, 01:03 PM
so despite all the slack people are giving sega for the sheer amount of costumes/accessories..... is anyone considering submitting anything?

jooozek
May 29, 2013, 01:08 PM
submitting new AC scratch material for a designed by yourself costume? dont think so

NoiseHERO
May 29, 2013, 03:25 PM
I WANNA ENTER THIS! YEAH!

Reiketsu
May 29, 2013, 03:31 PM
I'd actually like to take part in this, too...

Crystal_Shard
May 29, 2013, 08:14 PM
To be honest, as long as that part about the winner getting the costume/camo is true, I'm also keen to design a custom outfit/weapon for my characters. ^^;

gigawuts
May 29, 2013, 08:24 PM
That's rich.

No, they're not rich enough yet evidently.

Link1275
May 29, 2013, 08:44 PM
Was it Bill Gates or Donald Trump that said you can never be rich enough?

Mike
May 29, 2013, 09:10 PM

[spoiler-box]I WANT YOU
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=982&pictureid=12719
TO SPEND MORE MONEY[/spoiler-box]

But seriously, I think it's seriously poor taste to have fans design something and then sell it in your lottery system. Creating the assests does cost money, of course, but selling those assests shows that there's really no gratitude towards the fans on Sega's part.

gigawuts
May 29, 2013, 09:22 PM
I agree, but it's either that or set up a shop to sell it in, because they're definitely not giving it away.

I mean, the smart thing to do would be to actually allow players to buy it directly, but apparently stores don't exist in Japan so the whole concept is alien to them. It apparently only works in western games, and the west in general, to sell something directly and without RNG-based bullshit.

EvilMag
May 29, 2013, 09:22 PM
[spoiler-box]I WANT YOU

But seriously, I think it's seriously poor taste to have fans design something and then sell it in your lottery system. Creating the assests does cost money, of course, but selling those assests shows that there's really no gratitude towards the fans on Sega's part.

Is there a disclaimer somewhere in that contest? If there isn't, I'm sure that's illegal right there.

gigawuts
May 29, 2013, 09:25 PM
Where there's a will to make money, there's a way to squash the little guy with lawyers.

Vashyron
May 29, 2013, 09:27 PM
[spoiler-box]I WANT YOU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMvJwctXzqw

I like how Valve actually do give a percentage of sales of their "lottery system" (Keys/Crates) to the contributors... which actually does total into a hefty sum. Though admittedly Valve doesn't create the assets here.

ReaperTheAbsol
May 29, 2013, 09:32 PM
I'd be inclined to participate if I actually knew how to draw. I suppose I can always use tools and stuff to make the art look... remotely decent, but I lack the creative insight to fabricate original designs. My subconscious would probably mistakenly recreate a design from somewhere else and all work would be scrapped. Meh.

If anything I rather stick to story writing...

NoiseHERO
May 29, 2013, 09:35 PM
One time I entered a design contest in another game... and I didn't even win >_>

And they used the design anyway...

And I didn't get credited on the outfit description till I sent in a "help desk" report.

THEN THEY DID IT AGAIN!

AND I DIDN'T GET CREDITED THE SECOND TIME!!

Gardios
May 29, 2013, 09:38 PM
Is there a disclaimer somewhere in that contest? If there isn't, I'm sure that's illegal right there.

You're giving them the rights to your submission. That's like... the premise of every fan creation contest ever.

Mike
May 29, 2013, 09:51 PM
Yup. Down in the red (http://pso2.jp/players/event/1st_anniversary/itemdesigncontest2013/):

応募者は、入賞作品のゲーム内アイテムがACスクラッチで販売されることに同意するものとしま す。
If you submit something, you agree to have it be sold in the AC scratch if it wins.

I like how Valve actually do give a percentage of sales of their "lottery system" (Keys/Crates) to the contributors... which actually does total into a hefty sum. Though admittedly Valve doesn't create the assets here.
I admit that I don't know much about how other companies go about real-money RNG lottery systems, especially when it comes to user-created content, but that sounds fair. It doesn't make me like the system any more than I already do but it's certainly a step up from what Sega's doing here.

You're giving them the rights to your submission. That's like... the premise of every fan creation contest ever.
That doesn't make it any less scummy though.

Gardios
May 29, 2013, 10:02 PM
Well, yeah. Fan created costumes being tied to AC scratch (sadly) was to be expected though.

Xaeris
May 29, 2013, 10:06 PM
So long as they're up front about the terms, I don't see a problem. I have a few ideas for weapons, but alas, I cannot draw.

Angelo
May 29, 2013, 10:40 PM
One time I entered a design contest in another game... and I didn't even win >_>

And they used the design anyway...

And I didn't get credited on the outfit description till I sent in a "help desk" report.

THEN THEY DID IT AGAIN!

AND I DIDN'T GET CREDITED THE SECOND TIME!!

This happened to me twice in two different games I won't disclose. One of them is now defunct! psst... it's City of Heroes

Serves 'em right.

Aquayoshi
May 30, 2013, 11:00 PM
I may actually enter this design contest. Having a signature weapon that I designed myself would be cool. My drawing skills are probably barely up to par, but seeing as there are scores of artists that are better than me, both technically and creatively, I probably won't win.

ReaperTheAbsol
May 30, 2013, 11:30 PM
I may actually enter this design contest. Having a signature weapon that I designed myself would be cool. My drawing skills are probably barely up to par, but seeing as there are scores of artists that are better than me, both technically and creatively, I probably won't win.

You should submit something, Luna! Go for it!

Alisha
May 31, 2013, 12:04 AM
wasnt there winning cast parts in infinity? is was full body parts but still

oratank
May 31, 2013, 07:42 AM
So long as they're up front about the terms, I don't see a problem. I have a few ideas for weapons, but alas, I cannot draw.

don't worring about drawing they didn't contest for pretty drawing award but ideas just write it Clearly

i know that we can design fullbody cast to contest but adjust part r strong point for being cast