PDA

View Full Version : PSO 3 suggestions (repost prolly)

blaketx11
Apr 5, 2003, 03:56 AM
So any word on PSO Episode 3? I thought I'd chime in my opinion on the next PSO(yes, i tried to search, but it gave me a long-ass database error)
Anyhow, I have a few suggestions:
1. Get rid of the damn monster-info screen that takes up 1/3 of the screen in multiplayer!! "Great, he's a native, now if only I could SEE HIM?!!" Seriously, it's neat to initially show the creatures name/etc, but after a second it should go away!

2. Ability to remap the chat key (y I think) so if you're out of monomates, and you have di's and tri's mapped to the R-menu, but you're MAG is about to bust out, they're unusable! (petty? I dunno)

3. Visibly show the barriers/shields etc, and perhaps allow us to block at will

4. More than 3-hit combos..

5. Ability to jump? Dodge? (sorry, been playing Zelda:D)

6. Well more characters of course:D

7. Different costumes (not just color schemes) maybe humorous things : i.e. dresses on males:D, rag-rappy suits:D etc

8. Visible changes according to level/armor/etc (bigger plates, full-face helmets, etc)

Well those are just my ideas, whatcha'll think?

staticlive
Apr 5, 2003, 04:12 AM
Lol that would be good, some great ideas there... but i doubt that there will be another PSO we'll just have to wait and see

Kaiza
Apr 5, 2003, 04:12 AM
LMAO! a bunch of Fomars running around in rappy suits blowing everything up great idea!

i think you should be able to buy new clothes and customize everything, like set some initial stuff in character creation and then be able to buy a hat. (or a rappy suit!)and seeing visable changes by level would be cool too.

Foggy_Pete
Apr 5, 2003, 08:19 AM
1: sega should never have put in that stupid walk-run stuff. some of us dont like our charater casualy strolling away as the giant arm of a belra comes crashing down at his head.
2: more animatioins for the attack and at least a 4 hit combo. that would make things much more interesting for me and perhaps even have the monsters react to the hits in different ways. like if you upercut a booma have its head fly back
3: be able to build your character from the ground up, like have a humar start out in boxers or something and be able to pick the style of pants, shoes, hats, etc

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Apr 5, 2003, 09:07 AM
Get rid of the freaking water-reflection effect in multiplayer.

Morfos
Apr 5, 2003, 10:38 AM
1.Improve Episode1
2.Improve Episode2
3.Add an Episode3
4.Add an Episode4
5.Add an Episode5
6.No Fsod/vk
7.Drop Meseta instead of it dissapearing when you die
8.Better Character balance
9.Alter enemies' stats,(ex.g-assasins more hp)
10.More techniques/weapons

Joe-Azlin
Apr 5, 2003, 12:03 PM
i think they r a bunch of good ideas except the dodge and roll thing cuz if u think about the ai is kinda dumb and they r slow 2 so if u dodge or roll behind them 2 get away from an attack then that kinda gives u an unfair advantage over the other things but if they altered the monsters so they were actually smart and could run or do something else besides walk 2 there doom then it would b good.

blaketx11
Apr 5, 2003, 12:48 PM
On 2003-04-05 01:12, staticlive wrote:
Lol that would be good, some great ideas there... but i doubt that there will be another PSO we'll just have to wait and see

Why do you think there won't be another PSO? Surely they realize this is a profitable game (porting it from DC to GC to Xbox) and since we are such an active community, it'd be silly to abandon us now. Hell, they're still making Sonic Adventure sequels, and that game did miserably! I own all three "next-gen" systems, so I could care less which system they choose to make the new one on, so long as they make a new one. This version of PSO, which came out like what, 3-4 years ago on DC, seriously needs to be updated. But even in it's current state, it still kicks a$$:D.

Yoda86
Apr 5, 2003, 07:34 PM
My first suggestion would be to get rid of corruption, here is my second suggestion:

Reference to some ideas I had in someone else's post (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=46564&forum=1&16)

What do you all think?

rena-ko
Apr 6, 2003, 09:42 AM
hm... i like the game like it is right now...
but some technical improvements won't hurt:

-one chara file per character. more than 4 chara files per memcard. thats not too much to want, i'd say.
-guildcard file copyable or a guildcard synchronize-option between multiple mem-cards (if the '4 chara max per memcard'thing has to stay)
-improving / rewriting the game's engine. its still a dreamcast game, this could be done better, i'd say.

-more character clothing options
-and finally: a snow level.

especially, when i think about snow level i dont mean sil dragons nest, but the snow area in metroid prime.

more episodes would be nice, but... ^_^ they should equal all episodes in the amount of dropped item and gained exp. different difficulties are fine.
get rid of that stupid seperation of the episodes would be nice as well. why not a teleporter between these two.
why not explore all over ragol?
-central dome area (ep1)
-vr stages (ep2)
-gal da val (ep2)
-area more in the north (with snow, sibiria-style)
-area more in the south (with sanddeserts, wide grass areas)
and so on...

blaketx11
Apr 6, 2003, 02:08 PM
As far as character slots, I'd like to see the Halo-type system enacted. In Halo, you set your controls, color, etc, and save it under a char name. I believe the number of chars is only limited to HD space, or in the GC sense, memory card space. I've got about 15 different people I've played Halo with and they all have their own char still there. Granted a PSO char has alot more qualities to store, but how much space does a single char take up anyhow? I can't see erasing my high-lvl characters to make new ones..

Oh and some more stuff I'd like to see next:
1. (this may be in PSO, I dunno) the ability to map shortcuts across all characters, so I don't have to spend 20 minutes putting in all my "hello" "yes" "no" etc for all my chars..

2. L-targeting ala Zelda WW. I love how no matter where i hop to or change location, the enemy is always targetted.

3. Atmospheric effects, like fog, rain, snow, etc.

4. Individual animations for idling (an android might not bob his head methinks:D)

5. Melee-fighter speed increased. (I'm just a bit tired of RA's with spreads knocking everything out before I get near it)

Anyone else got some ideers?

MadCowChuck_
Apr 6, 2003, 02:15 PM
Definetly some good ideas...

In terms of character creation, we need much more freedom. The ability to use a hex editor or the sort to create colors for different parts of the costume, instead of preset schemes. Also, different costumes! PLEASE!

This goes double for droids...more heads, maybe some different body types (the "beer-gut" android! heh).

Even get as specific as playing God...eye-colors, nose shapes, ear sizes, the like. Make the character completely customizible instead of stock.

And I need a little more proportion ratios...some of the non-humans have pretty standard proportions.

Finally, a couple more characters above 12 would be nice for a name...like 15.

Oh! And did I mention?

MORE FREAKING RARE MONSTERS!!!!!!!!!

I'm done.

_Spawn_
Apr 6, 2003, 02:20 PM
I'd like to see a change with in the weapons department:

The first rifle you get is just called a rifle then its sniper and so fourth it would be nice to see the weapons looking different say the sinper its just got a blue proton cell which kinda sucks i'd like to see it look different to the rifle like a bigger scope or generaly looking different.And that would go for all the rilfes, mech guns , sabers etc..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _Spawn_ on 2003-04-06 12:22 ]</font>

Yoda86
Apr 6, 2003, 08:39 PM
Perhaps instead of playing around with hex editor MadCowChuck they add this:

1. Choose the style of suit you want.
2. Choose the color you want for it with a RGB slider as the made for the hair.

angelzeero
Apr 6, 2003, 09:35 PM
GET RID OF THAT WALK-RUN #@*T!!!

blaketx11
Apr 7, 2003, 02:13 AM
It would also be really nice if they'd get rid of the
****ING BEEP when you move the cursor!!! I've turned down the effects volume, but I want to hear the other sounds, just not the BEE-BEE-BEE-BEE-BEEP
Hell, try typing a a phrase like "What weapon is that?" without someone asking you to stop morse-coding!! I like confirmation bongs etc, but damn, every freaking cursor move BEEP!
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

EsperJ
Apr 7, 2003, 04:23 AM
Night/ Day cycles.

More routes to journey through, with alternating maps.

Destructive landscape, whereabouts it physcially alters the way you play.

Higher poly count in crtrs, flowing hair etc.

And i guess, If an update is on its way, they should change the Start UI. Personally I think it takes up way too much room.

4 new stages and a new difficulty with legendary rare creatures.

Riffin
Apr 7, 2003, 08:38 AM
I think one of the biggest things needed is more character classes and races along with much better character customization. It would add sooo much diversity to the game if there were more than 12 characters. I mean just think about Neverwinter Nights or and D&D game or Everquest and Asheron's call, there's total customizability there, and we need it too. Plus more rares more often and weaker ones ealier than level 30 or so, and also more levels and areas that are interconnected. No more of this transporting crap. I know places need to load, but if we were all able to just say go from the forest down into the caves after beating the boss that would make it seem much more lively. I'm done ranting.

Stricker
Apr 7, 2003, 08:56 AM
I just want more faces and change the colors of the costumes.

Elusive_Llama
Apr 7, 2003, 09:50 AM
3. Atmospheric effects, like fog, rain, snow, etc.

There is fog in CCA. There is rain in Forest. We just need more of it. As for snow, why not snow storms? They start up and your visibility is reduced, but not as much as a dark room in Mines. That would make it so cool when a monster jumps out from a snow drift and attacks you.

I want to see custom combos! I don't care much for being limited to a combo just because of my character's sex. I want to be able to select what kind of combo animations I'll use for each swing in every combo, per weapon type. Of course, there'd be some work involved in making every combo attack flow together.

I would like more than a three stage combo, but then we'd kill things much too fast. Imagine a six stage doublesaber combo with a BKB...ouch.

I want the ability to manually increase the chances of blocking an attack. So say you're in ult. ruins and you just finished a combo on a dark bringer. You know you can't get away in time to avoid the swipe, so you press the attack button just at the right time to gain an additional 20% chance to block its attack. Same goes for energy blasts from Gilchics, belra arms, delsaber combos.

More character customization is a MUST. I want different costumes! This means entirely new models, not just a rehashed skin of one model. Example, racaseal skirts are one model type, the only difference is in the colour. I want more skimpy outfits for my ramarl! For newmans, I want to choose whether their ears stick straight up or kind of pan out to the side ;>

I want visual changes as a character levels up. A level 1 humar should be skinny and pathetic. A level 1 hucast should look plain, blocky and non threatening (ie. no glowing eyes, no evil frown). Level 1 Ramars/Ramarls should look like they're straight out of basic training. As characters level up, changes occur. Humars get more buff looking, and the accessories on their armor should change. Hucasts should get a more sleek look while retaining their massive size. New head options become available. Ramars/Ramarls ditch their fatigues for special ops uniforms, berets, etc.

As characters get hurt, their animations should change. Androids start to smoke, wires come out of their body, armor plates fall off and electricity sparks here and there. Humans/newmans should gasp, stagger when idle, clutch their sides. But no blood, as the sight of pixelated blood might offend the weak of stomach and the politically correct.

The current character idle animations gotta go. When you've got a party of four standing together and all that comes to your mind is 'Unga bunga wunga hoh! Unga bunga wunga hoh!' (tribal dance), you know something is horribly wrong.

Human/newman characters can shift weight from foot to foot, look around casually, fix their hair, yawn if they're idle for too long, cross their arms, stretch, inspect their weapons, blink, roll their shoulders..etc.

Female androids should have less movement. After all, they're machines...they don't need to yawn, or stretch or whatever.

Male android characters should have even less movement when idle. Maybe they should stand absolutely still, moving their head side to side scanning for threats, crack their knuckles, etc. After all, nobody has accused HUcasts/RAcasts of being warm, fuzzy and loveable.

blaketx11
Apr 7, 2003, 12:19 PM
I wonder if Sonicteam reads any of this (and if they speak English:D)
I know Blizzard takes a lot of info from their forums as well as Bungie, Encore Studios, etc. Hey Sonic Team, you listening?