PDA

View Full Version : New to PSO2

Mildora
May 31, 2013, 06:39 PM
Hey everyone, My names Mildora, Real names Dex and I am new to PSO2. If there is a section of some sort for this kind of thread, kindly point me to it. Ok, So I thought it would be nice to download PSO2 for the first time ever. I was a PSU Player for the 360 and Loved it. Its just kinda sad all those 180s are gone with no proof :x Anyways I decided to move over to this game but, It looks like there is only a JP version so that's gonna be hard to get use to since i know nothing about Japanese.

I Just hope I enjoy this game as much as I did with PSU. I Do understand PSU and PSO are 2 different games in all but PSO looks really fun. I haven't played the first one though so this would be first Phantasy star online.

Ok I kinda wanna know somethings about the game such as, Classes and weapon style. Now Back in PSU i was fighmaster all the way, Cast Fighmaster at that. I Know PSO doesn't have all those long term classes PSU had such as, Master Classes, Guntecher,fighgunner and etc etc....So i wanna know what class would fit me best. I know at some point i'll play them all but I
kinda wanna know what would be best to start off with.

Another thing about PSO is, from what it looks like, solos can be quite hard. Maybe I'm wrong? I Don't know i've seen videos and it seems like people don't solo that often. I Could be wrong, They might just be with a party because its alot more fun I guess. But In PSU, Solos happened pretty often due to the fact of wanting drops. So does that mean the missions are hard :o I Do Enjoy hard missions on any type of MMORPG, Just not annoying ones >.<

Oh yeah before I end this thread I also would like to know how i could set up a controller to play this game :D I do understand its possible and would prefer to play like this since the controller is what i used on the 360. So If you know I would really appreciate you helping. Its kind of funny how I typed out all this stuff and have yet to get on the game :P I'm a fast learner though so it won't be to hard getting use to this game.

Anyways thanks for reading and I hope enjoy PSO2 as much as I did PSU. Thanks and have a Nice day~ Love Dex (Oh yeah! Don't make fun of my bad grammar Dx)

yoshiblue
May 31, 2013, 06:49 PM
Hello and welcome to PSOW!
Where much, not all, of the English community can be found.
May you make a friend or two!

Don't know Japanese, not a problem! There's a patch for that. I don't have the link so your going to have to ask someone else.

In PSO2, you can switch between any of the classes as well as being able to make one a subclass. Choosing one for you without info is a bit much. Those soloing is an option, there no point to anymore due to drops being separate for everyone. Everyone wins until you go head to head with Dudu!

You are able to use a controller and can customize it via options. Only reason not to use one is if you prefer precision with a rifle.

Got any other questions? Ask them here!
Quick Questions, Quick Answers Thread. (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195866)

Need to find a team? Try looking to preexisting ones here in PSOW!
List of teams here. (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201629)

Until then, enjoy your stay.
-Yoshiblue of FEZ's One Man Welcoming Committee-

oratank
May 31, 2013, 09:01 PM
just try search solo on youtube

Aquayoshi
Jun 1, 2013, 03:37 AM
The best thing to do is to go to Ship 2, Block 20, where a lot of* the English-speaking players hang out, and ask for somebody to show you the ropes. Sure, Block 20 has a bit of a reputation for craziness (we might as well call it /b20/ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4chan)), but I guarantee you there at least a couple mid-to-high-level people sitting around who are bored out of their skulls with chatting and symbol art spam and wouldn't mind helping a new person out.

(* Not every English speaker stays in Block 20. Some people, including many PSOWers, find its regular inhabitants to be quite obnoxious, and avoid the place like plague. Of course, the Japanese players steer completely clear of the place.)

On the rare occasions that I pass through B20, I quite often see a person announcing that they're new-- and right away, several people offer to help them. AFAIK, the PS community is pretty open and friendly to newbies.

And on that note, welcome to PSO World! ^^

Mildora
Jun 3, 2013, 03:27 PM
Aw, Doesn't look like i can play after all ): I made an account awhile ago. Not sure when but it seems like when i sign in i can't play due to having no AC. Not sure what that is but without it i cannot continue to play with my old ID. I'm also getting error after error when trying to make a new ID :x maybe its just me...the game is working fine just ID Problems :( I Was really looking forward to play this.

blace
Jun 3, 2013, 03:30 PM
Aw, Doesn't look like i can play after all ): I made an account awhile ago. Not sure when but it seems like when i sign in i can't play due to having no AC. Not sure what that is but without it i cannot continue to play with my old ID. I'm also getting error after error when trying to make a new ID :x maybe its just me...the game is working fine just ID Problems :( I Was really looking forward to play this.
The AC pop up may be due to you trying to play on a different ship/server entirely. It only shows up if you already have an existing character on any ship and that we are allowed 1 free character for use.

Mildora
Jun 3, 2013, 03:34 PM
The AC pop up may be due to you trying to play on a different ship/server entirely. It only shows up if you already have an existing character on any ship and that we are allowed 1 free character for use.

Ah, Well I'll try all the ships and get back to you. Its been awhile since I made this account and don't remember anything so :x

Mildora
Jun 3, 2013, 03:47 PM
Thanks this helped out alot. Turns out i picked Ship 1, I will move in the future if i need to. Now comes setting up my controller. If you know anything please inform me. This is my first PC Game I needed a controller to use.

blace
Jun 3, 2013, 03:49 PM
Xbox controllers are plug and play. Other controllers, people generally use Xpadder or Motionjoy.

Mildora
Jun 3, 2013, 04:12 PM
Well I'm using an Xbox controller but its wireless. I'm just using the USB Charge kit plug to make it work. Does that count?

blace
Jun 3, 2013, 04:14 PM
Someone else will have to answer that or try for yourself. I use the keyboard and mouse for most of my PC gaming.

Mildora
Jun 3, 2013, 04:22 PM
Someone else will have to answer that or try for yourself. I use the keyboard and mouse for most of my PC gaming.

Ah, Understood. Well you helped me this much and I thank you for it :3

Volcompat321
Jun 3, 2013, 10:28 PM
I just have to use batteries for that, which can be annoying, but I have a rechargable set, so one is always charging, and the other in my controller.
Fairly cheap on Amazon.com, under $20 anyway, for a nice set. Change em out 1 a month, or less most of the time. That's playing 10-30 hours a week, depending on how busy I am with my son and work, and life.

Mildora
Jun 4, 2013, 02:29 AM
You cannot use the USB charge kit to connect the Wireless Xbox 360 Controller to the computer - The cable only sends the charge, not data. You'll need to purchase a wired controller, or a 360 Wireless connector device.

Lol yeah i did some research today and found this out