PDA

View Full Version : The character creation progam is just a black window.

village
Jun 3, 2013, 04:36 PM
I didn't see it in the common questions area so sorry If i missed the explanation for this.

When I start up the game and go to create my character the window just goes black. And i essentially cannot do anything, it says Sega and shows the logos then it goes black.

Could someone help

Anduril
Jun 3, 2013, 05:22 PM
A few questions: Are you using any of the English patches?
Are you running in Windowed, Full-screen, or Virtual Full-screen?
Are you sure that your computer can run the game properly? / What are your computer specs (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS)?

village
Jun 3, 2013, 05:34 PM
A few questions: Are you using any of the English patches?
Are you running in Windowed, Full-screen, or Virtual Full-screen?
Are you sure that your computer can run the game properly? / What are your computer specs (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS)?

It pops up windowed.

I have no idea about the specs, I can run DCUO though if that helps

And yes I downloaded English patches and I used the tweeker.

Anduril
Jun 3, 2013, 05:42 PM
It pops up windowed.

I have no idea about the specs, I can run DCUO though if that helps

And yes I downloaded English patches and I used the tweeker.

Okay. A couple things to try; just use the Core Patch, not the story patch, and change your game settings to a lower number on the slider.

EDIT: Also, make sure that you don't have any other programs running at the same time (except maybe your antivirus).

If using Windows 7, you can check your CPU and RAM by right-clicking and selecting Properties in My Computer, and for GPU, right-click on the Desktop and select Screen Resolution, then hit Advanced Settings, and go to Adapter.

village
Jun 3, 2013, 05:54 PM
Okay. A couple things to try; just use the Core Patch, not the story patch, and change your game settings to a lower number on the slider.

EDIT: Also, make sure that you don't have any other programs running at the same time (except maybe your antivirus).

If using Windows 7, you can check your CPU and RAM by right-clicking and selecting Properties in My Computer, and for GPU, right-click on the Desktop and select Screen Resolution, then hit Advanced Settings, and go to Adapter.

Ok what is the core patch, and how do I install it. Do I need to redownload pso.

ok I can close programs

AMD A4-3320M APU with Radeon(tm) hd graphics
4gb of ram
64 bit operating system

1600x900

Is this the right information

Anduril
Jun 3, 2013, 06:00 PM
Ok what is the core patch, and how do I install it. Do I need to redownload pso.

ok I can close programs

AMD A4-3320M APU with Radeon(tm) hd graphics
4gb of ram
64 bit operating system

1600x900

Is this the right information
Just checked the tweeker, the Core Patch is just the "EN patch" there.
I'm guessing this is a laptop, based on that processor. The game doesn't run that easily above slider level 1 on most store-bought laptops since they use integrated graphics, so you may have to set all your graphics settings for the game to minimal.

village
Jun 3, 2013, 06:26 PM
Just checked the tweeker, the Core Patch is just the "EN patch" there.
I'm guessing this is a laptop, based on that processor. The game doesn't run that easily above slider level 1 on most store-bought laptops since they use integrated graphics, so you may have to set all your graphics settings for the game to minimal.

So would I have to re install pso2 to get rid of all the story patch stuff

village
Jun 3, 2013, 07:21 PM
I ran it with out any translation it worked

I put the en patch on , it stoppped working

village
Jun 3, 2013, 09:18 PM
UPDATE

The story mode patch works, the en patch does not

Anduril
Jun 3, 2013, 09:22 PM
UPDATE

The story mode patch works, the en patch does not
That is odd. I might recommend manually installing the EN patch instead of using the tweeker, unless you want to try your luck at the game with the Japanese interface. Google should help you find it.

village
Jun 3, 2013, 09:32 PM
That is odd. I might recommend manually installing the EN patch instead of using the tweeker, unless you want to try your luck at the game with the Japanese interface. Google should help you find it.

Hmm how would I manually install, also what would be the latest en patch file.

Anduril
Jun 3, 2013, 09:37 PM
Hmm how would I manually install, also what would be the latest en patch file.
Once you find and download it, just copy the files it has into the win32 folder of the game. I believe the latest patch is dated 2013-5-29.

village
Jun 3, 2013, 10:16 PM
Once you find and download it, just copy the files it has into the win32 folder of the game. I believe the latest patch is dated 2013-5-29.

Files (http://psumods.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=206)

on this page I also found a group of files called large files, are they of any importance

village
Jun 3, 2013, 10:23 PM
UPDATE

I extracted the files into the win32 folder and it still was in japanese?

During the process it asked me to replace files, should I have declined?

Can anyone help

village
Jun 3, 2013, 10:28 PM
Update

after extracting the files into the folder, I tried just copying them into the folder.

That just gave me another black screen

Anduril
Jun 4, 2013, 12:25 AM
>insinuating my tweaker is the problem here
For me, basic troubleshooting is reducing as many possible variables to get to the root of the problem. In this case, the tweaker was a variable that may or may not have been involved in the problem, so having him install manually was to verify whether or not it was.

Update

after extracting the files into the folder, I tried just copying them into the folder.

That just gave me another black screen

Seeing as even manually installing the EN patch didn't help, I'm not sure what you can do at this point. Until the next update, you may have to deal with the Japanese interface, unless someone else can weigh in.

EDIT: Just to be sure, this was just the main patch, and the black screen occurs before reaching the title screen?

village
Jun 4, 2013, 06:17 AM
For me, basic troubleshooting is reducing as many possible variables to get to the root of the problem. In this case, the tweaker was a variable that may or may not have been involved in the problem, so having him install manually was to verify whether or not it was.

Seeing as even manually installing the EN patch didn't help, I'm not sure what you can do at this point. Until the next update, you may have to deal with the Japanese interface, unless someone else can weigh in.

EDIT: Just to be sure, this was just the main patch, and the black screen occurs before reaching the title screen?

Yes, its the main patch, there is even a link to it in a previous post.

It shows sega and the other logos and then black screen, sound can be heard when I try and exist the black screen though

village
Jun 4, 2013, 07:21 AM
Oh, I know :p I was just kidding. Believe me - I know my program is not perfect xD

I don't think anyone else is having issues with the main english patch. You're using the one from the 29th, that was updated a day after maintenance, not the patch from the 28th, right?

That is the one I found.

Unless the link I posted actually has an old version of it.

Anduril
Jun 4, 2013, 01:13 PM
Yes, its the main patch, there is even a link to it in a previous post.

It shows sega and the other logos and then black screen, sound can be heard when I try and exist the black screen though
Maybe try disabling the Opening movie in the Tweaker. If that doesn't work, try just doing a file check, and then reinstalling the patch. Seems there must be a corrupt file somewhere.

village
Jun 4, 2013, 03:13 PM
Maybe try disabling the Opening movie in the Tweaker. If that doesn't work, try just doing a file check, and then reinstalling the patch. Seems there must be a corrupt file somewhere.

Can I do a file check in the tweaker?

And that's the only patch you're using?

That is the only patch I am using.

Anduril
Jun 4, 2013, 03:47 PM
Can I do a file check in the tweaker?
I think on the Tweaker it is "Fix PSO2 EXEs." On the JPN launcher it is the third button down.

village
Jun 4, 2013, 04:40 PM
I think on the Tweaker it is "Fix PSO2 EXEs." On the JPN launcher it is the third button down.

I did the fix , now it wouldn't work at all.

Anduril
Jun 4, 2013, 04:55 PM
I apologize; I've reached the extent of my troubleshooting ability with this. A complete reinstall is the only thing I can recommend at this point, unless someone else can come up with a solution.

EDIT: Lucky, lucky. Look what AIDA just put up! (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208170)

village
Jun 4, 2013, 08:16 PM
I apologize; I've reached the extent of my troubleshooting ability with this. A complete reinstall is the only thing I can recommend at this point, unless someone else can come up with a solution.

EDIT: Lucky, lucky. Look what AIDA just put up! (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208170)

Yes!

Thanks for all your help.

If you ever need a picture of a character I can do that for you .