PDA

View Full Version : The end fight in WindWaker

The_Hero_Of_Time
Apr 5, 2003, 10:08 AM
Has anyone beaten the game yet? and if so who here agrees with me that the final fight is the best out of any Zelda game, and maybe one of the best fights in any game ever.

Kanore
Apr 5, 2003, 10:14 AM
I read about it, and I have WW, but i'm not there. Looks hott. A Co-op battle with Zelda? I better finish this game fast.

Atax
Apr 5, 2003, 11:55 AM
T'was rather anti-climatic, IMO.

raiden999
Apr 5, 2003, 07:04 PM
last battle was pretty cool... at least better than any other zelda game

googles
Apr 5, 2003, 08:18 PM
am i the only one who thought it was kinda easy? The wind temple boss was harder, and the gandalf boss was much harder. The last fight was prett cool tho.

Mitzuki
Apr 7, 2003, 03:41 PM
On 2003-04-05 17:18, googles wrote:
am i the only one who thought it was kinda easy? The wind temple boss was harder, and the gandalf boss was much harder. The last fight was prett cool tho.

I agree The first time i died was in the wind temple and i was prety mad,it omnly took me 21:26.53 to beat the whole game i realy did exspect more of it

NekoHikari
Apr 8, 2003, 03:03 AM
That end fight was one of the coolest things I'd ever seen, simply because of how BAD ASS Ganon was. Sure, it was easy- but then again, the whole game was easy, no one plays Zelda for any challenges except that of the mind- the puzzles.

What made this fight so amazing was the counter system, and how Ganon could actually counter YOUR counters with his own counter. When I first did the jumping slash counter to his head and he actually pulled up one of his swords in time to block it, I was speechless! And then, if that weren't enough- when I did the second counter that went around to his back, he actually moved his other sword behind his back to block it! At this point I was standing up- I was so enthralled in the battle that even if there was someone nude in the hallway I wouldn't have noticed- and it only got better.

The swordplay between Ganon and I went on for some time, neither of us could hit each other- it was SO COOL!! Zelda actually hit ME in the back with an arrow of Light because I foolishly jumped in the way- I finally managed to deflect an arrow off of my shield to hit Ganon to stun him long enough to kill him with my sword (and not just hit him with the sword, I actually shoved the sword all the way through his head, while he was GRINNING) and I have to say that the REASON to play Wind Waker is solely to fight Ganon, he is so much fun to fight it's an adrenaline rush- for those of you that have not seen this fight, you need to!

I just got a rush just THINKING about that fight!!

Raylan
Apr 8, 2003, 08:48 AM
Very fun game, definitely one of the best end bosses because it's revolutionary {for Zelda, anyway}- Definitely more like a swordfight and less like a Ooh-It's-Another-Boss-Let's-Kill-It-By-Watching-Its-Pattern-Closely... Very cool. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

On another note... maybe I've just been around too long on these Zelda games, but you actually had trouble with the Wind Boss?!? It was like a cross between Morpha from OoT and the Sandworms from L2tP, but also like it was the disturbed locked-in-the-closet child. I think I lost maybe two hearts cause I didn't erect the ULTRA SUPER MOST CHEATERY LINK COMBO EVER! immediately. Oh well, just remember your Armor and Soup...

On yet another note - is it just me, or are the light temples in all Zelda games just that much morefun?

spyder101
Apr 8, 2003, 05:32 PM
I got winwaker the first day it came out, and then i beat it in exactly a week. I thought the ending fight was the easiest ever put into a zelda game. It erquires no magic, and all you have to do is just wait for the a button to light up half the time.

Vitamin_D
Apr 9, 2003, 03:27 AM
what made the last battle cool was Ganondorf himself. Man...talk about child abuse! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I still can't believe he bitch slapped Zelda! it was really fun though, and the scenery for it was really cool (with the water pouring and what not.) And I'm STILL shocked that Link stabbed him in the head. That was probably the coolest thing I've ever seen. is this still Nintendo!?...oh, and fighting all the bosses again was SO Capcom. lol

DeathCheese87
Apr 9, 2003, 03:57 PM
man, but the ending just keeps you guessing. now we'll have to wait a couple of years for the sequel.

Blenjar
Apr 9, 2003, 04:34 PM
On 2003-04-05 17:18, googles wrote:

The wind temple was like a baby, easy as hell.

Vitamin_D
Apr 9, 2003, 04:39 PM
Like I said...if you want hard go play the original, or Link To the Past...BIG difficulty difference in the old school. I don't know why they decided to ease up on the difficulty. But hey, as long as it's fun!

Orange_Coconut
Apr 9, 2003, 10:21 PM
I think I should check this game out. I haven't really got the chance, plus the graphics (for once in my life) really made me dislike it at a first glance.

Proto22003
Apr 10, 2003, 12:22 AM
i beat it bout a week n a haf ago. i really like how u stab the master sword in2 ganons 4head!

GuerillaPimp
Apr 10, 2003, 09:12 AM
My memory may be kinda shakey, but didn't Link stab Ganon in the head at the end of OoT?