PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Black Screen (No Patches)

aiden0109
Jun 9, 2013, 12:53 PM
I created a new PSO2JP account and when the first cutscene after the Chapter 0 screen comes on, i just get a black screen with the up/down arrows, i can hear the audio but i cannot continue with the game. I have tried with and without patches, different install locations and also new character/different ship. Please help, i have tried constantly thinking the server is getting jammed with players but it still isn't working.

aiden0109
Jun 9, 2013, 02:47 PM
I do have adblocker for chrome but it doesnt affect my account since the new account is for my brother. I've added PSO2 to windows firewall but also tried it with it turned off. I also disabled my anti-virus and tried it that way but it still seems to be black screening. I think it might have something to do with the preupdate so im testing on a computer where its a fresh install, taking forever though.

XTSuperStar
Jun 9, 2013, 04:14 PM
Try check for updates (validate files) in the english launcher.
I had a similar problem and it needed more files.

aiden0109
Jun 10, 2013, 10:28 AM
I am currently trying this method, i did leave it on to download and the electricity went so im currently updating now.

aiden0109
Jun 11, 2013, 09:51 AM
Ok, after constant attempts, it seems its something to with the download of the updates and if they are interrupted by firewalls, antivirus protectors or even some models of routers, the update will be applied without a full check and it will seem as the content is normal. I have tried it with and without patches and can confirm the patch doesn't affect it. I am currently playing with English large and story patches on and it works like a charm.