PDA

View Full Version : Eh... is this BSOD or...?

Kanore
Apr 5, 2003, 01:04 PM
I posted this at GameFAQs too; I posted it here to get more answers -- and maybe even quicker.

Alright, I was eating lunch. I went back the first time to move the controller so I wouldn't auto D/C.

The second time, the TV seemed to be off, but then I clicked Power and it turned off. I turned it back on. 'Video' on the upper right hand corner. It was on.

The 'TV Router' as I call it was set to 4, the GC number. But there is no screen. As I look at the GC, it is on. I open the lid, nothing happens. I don't want to reset or turn off as it may be something bad and there could be a way to stop it.

I was online. What do I do?

Mello
Apr 5, 2003, 04:40 PM
Turn off gamecube. take out PSO disk. turn on gamecube (without CDE) go to memory card. then delete your Guild File then start PSO. It should work

Kanore
Apr 5, 2003, 04:50 PM
What happens if I don't delete the guild card file?

Mello
Apr 5, 2003, 04:57 PM
Well its based on luck if youre confident you wont get corrupted just restart PSO. If you dont wana get corrupted delete the guild file.

Kanore
Apr 5, 2003, 05:05 PM
Ok. Is there a chance that I don't delete the file, see if the thing isn't corrupted, and then if it is, delete the file? Because I don't wanna lose all my friends... searching for them and stuff like that... but then again, I COULD use it to get new friends, more space...

But the simple question is:

Can I check if the data is corrupted, then erase the file if it is? Or do I have to erase the file before I start the game?

And is there somebody that can tell me what the hell happened?

BrokenHope
Apr 5, 2003, 05:14 PM
Are you using a PPPoE DSL connection? If so try unplugging the cable from the BBA and seeing if it will disconnect you or not. I've only ever heard of BSOD's from DSL connections.

Kanore
Apr 5, 2003, 05:26 PM
I don't use PPPoE... I use Cable... DSL... the BBA.

The game has been off for 3 hours already...

When I tried disconnecting, it didn't work. I resetted, it didn't work.

Kanore
Apr 5, 2003, 05:58 PM
HELP!

Joe-Azlin
Apr 5, 2003, 06:02 PM
i would jsut delete the guild card 2 make sure........cuz if it is corrupted ur screwed. i mean u can always add ur friends again but corruption.......ouch that hurts.

Kanore
Apr 5, 2003, 06:34 PM
Does this trick always work?

Kanore
Apr 5, 2003, 07:16 PM
Help.

-Eden-
Apr 5, 2003, 08:24 PM
BSOD never caused chara corruption for me. If your chara was idle, chances are when BSOD no saves were going on... sooo I think your safe from Corruption. I've never even heard of deleting guild card files, if you can explain how thats supposed to work, I'm all ears. Otherwise you should be fine...
you will lose all unequipped items though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Eden- on 2003-04-05 17:24 ]</font>

Kanore
Apr 5, 2003, 09:03 PM
I really need to start an acknoledgement list.

Starting with Mello, then you, Eden. You really brought my spirits up about not being corrupted. I salute and thank you graciously very very much! Man that stress is gone, now for the hard part -- to turn on the game!

Yoda86
Apr 5, 2003, 09:39 PM
Don't get too excited about not getting corrupted as it comes in other forms other than BSOD (actually the only other one is FSOD to my knowledge). Its less serious in the fact you only lose unequipped items most of the time.