PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 "has canceled the launch of pso2updater.exe"

Natsuma
Jun 15, 2013, 09:36 AM
Hello there,

After having updated my game, I cannot even start the official launcher, since as soon as try to start it, I first get this message: "I downloaded the latest version of the launcher. And then restart", I click on "ok" and then here comes the error message: "has canceled the launch of pso2updater.exe. file is not updated."

What I did so far:
- restarting my computer
- using PSO2 Tweaker ver 2.0.0.4 by AIDA: Check for missing files, Fix PSO2 EXEs, Check for PSO2 updates
- re-setting permissions for all the .exe files
- removing the english patch files and replacing them by original files
- Force the launch of the game via PSO Tweaker and PSO2 Translation Launcher (which gives me a black screen and makes the game crash)
- Removing pso2updater.exe so a new one gets downloaded and installed

I tried to do some researches and found nothing useful to fix this problem.

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

BaB
Jun 20, 2013, 03:18 AM
*le bump*

jooozek
Jun 20, 2013, 04:18 AM
it's pretty simple - after you get the ""I downloaded the latest version of the launcher. And then restart" message you need to do the following for every single .exe file in the directory where pso2.exe is before clicking ok:

1) right click on one of the exe, select properties
2) go to the security tab
3a) most likely you will have to regain any control at all for the file i.e. there will be a button with the "admin" sign next to it, click it
3b) click edit under the list of users/groups
4) click add and enter your account name and click "check name" and click ok, it should add the PC name and a \ after it, click
5) now select the freshly added PC name\account in the list and check the full access in the rights box below the list box and click apply
6) repeat for every single exe in the directory
7) now you can click OK in the window from the pso2 launch that says ""I downloaded the latest version of the launcher. And then restart"

most likely you will have to do all that shit again after you OK the message
mind you, i dont have access to an english copy of windows so i dont know if its the exact messages so fit yourself

BaB
Jun 20, 2013, 11:33 PM
Not English windows yet you nailed it :P
I've done that too when I had that prob, and it helps, so le op should totally try it!
(kinda funny how the game randomly eats the admin rights on its own files oO )

Sotsu
Jun 29, 2013, 08:32 AM
have the same problem, installed via EN Story.exe (this 12GB file), patched the game, copy/pasted translation patches, tried to start the game, same error occured! tried your options, didn't work....

now what?! have I missed something like some "special" start.exe i've to download?! it is nearly 1 year since i've succeeded in installation and even now there are still some annoying problems :(

Sotsu
Jun 29, 2013, 09:22 AM
problem solved, used the tweaker, game started, yay!

camerot
Jul 2, 2013, 06:14 PM
thanks, u really solved my problem!

generator
Aug 30, 2013, 06:19 PM
it's pretty simple - after you get the ""I downloaded the latest version of the launcher. And then restart" message you need to do the following for every single .exe file in the directory where pso2.exe is before clicking ok:

1) right click on one of the exe, select properties
2) go to the security tab
3a) most likely you will have to regain any control at all for the file i.e. there will be a button with the "admin" sign next to it, click it
3b) click edit under the list of users/groups
4) click add and enter your account name and click "check name" and click ok, it should add the PC name and a \ after it, click
5) now select the freshly added PC name\account in the list and check the full access in the rights box below the list box and click apply
6) repeat for every single exe in the directory
7) now you can click OK in the window from the pso2 launch that says ""I downloaded the latest version of the launcher. And then restart"

most likely you will have to do all that shit again after you OK the message
mind you, i dont have access to an english copy of windows so i dont know if its the exact messages so fit yourself

Wouahhh! Thx man i didnt even thought about this thx, now i can download with the Official patcher :) I did register here to thank ya :P well i think i'll stay afterall ppl seems really nice

generator
Aug 30, 2013, 09:48 PM
its working but the DL is so slow :) thx again

generator
Aug 31, 2013, 10:32 AM
Hi sry to write here again but i got this now, game is working well but i cant save game setting
res shader etc... not saving

All done - System ready!
ERROR - Conversion from string "Setting not found" to type 'Integer' is not valid.