PDA

View Full Version : Weird Voice While playing online

Phoenix2000
Apr 5, 2003, 04:19 PM
Hey,
I just was playing online (with BBA) and all of a sudden while we're fight in ruins I hear this crazy voice. I don't remember what it said because I was in too much of a state of shock but it sounded like a layed back Jamacian voice. Then my screen went blank and said it could read the game disk so I have to look at my manual. This sounds bad guys can anyone explain what just happended? Thanks for any help.

-Eden-
Apr 5, 2003, 04:23 PM
...What? I don't know enough about communication between your GC and SEGAs servers to even think about how that might have happened.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Eden- on 2003-04-05 13:24 ]</font>

PentUpAnger
Apr 5, 2003, 04:29 PM
Yeah.. I heard about that...

it's called STAY OFF THE DRUGS WHEN YOU PLAY PSO!!!!

The black screen with the error telling you to read the manaul is really common for me... Even after I got a new GCN... it still did it...

Phoenix2000
Apr 5, 2003, 04:29 PM
Hey,
Yeah I don't know either. I run the modem straight to the BBA too. I'm wondering what's happening. I have yet to turn off my gamecube in fear of corruption. I'll try right now I can only hope for the best.

Mello
Apr 5, 2003, 04:33 PM
Hmmmmm.. maybe somebody from the Sega Servers acidently talked in to a microphone and that projected the sound in to your game. but thats just a hunch.

Phoenix2000
Apr 5, 2003, 04:42 PM
Hey,
Yeah my character definately just lost his items again. This happened last time I went online. This sucks

Joe-Azlin
Apr 5, 2003, 05:56 PM
hmm that sounds really wierd. i hope that doesnt happen 2 me cuz i would so pissed if i lost my items...... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Yoda86
Apr 5, 2003, 06:55 PM
On 2003-04-05 13:29, Phoenix2000 wrote:
Hey,
Yeah I don't know either. I run the modem straight to the BBA too. I'm wondering what's happening. I have yet to turn off my gamecube in fear of corruption. I'll try right now I can only hope for the best.

How come turning off the GC will corrupt the data? Anyone care to explain?

MetalGriever
Apr 5, 2003, 07:18 PM
lol JVOD (Jamaican voice of death)

it's called STAY OFF THE DRUGS WHEN YOU PLAY PSO!!!!

Well, marijuana IS legal over there, but it never made me hear things after I smoked it.

hucasts_rock
Apr 5, 2003, 08:08 PM
that would be freaky if that happened to me! in a dark room playing PSO at midnight...then a jamaican voice calls out and disconnects you...*shivers* I'm afraid to go online now http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Yoda86
Apr 5, 2003, 08:13 PM
Ooo, but think, if JVOD was some sort of new corruption then that would suck.

-Eden-
Apr 5, 2003, 08:18 PM
ATTENTION: IF you do get constant BSOD, call up Sega and tell them your problem, you can get a new PSO disk that will fix the problem. I did this, and on my new disk I've never gotten BSOD, and I've only gotten FSOD once (when leaving a game).

lmao! Jamaican Voice of Death!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Eden- on 2003-04-05 17:19 ]</font>

goaliedude10
Apr 5, 2003, 10:12 PM
Maybe you should get a router?

Robomonke
Apr 6, 2003, 12:56 AM
On 2003-04-05 17:18, -Eden- wrote:
ATTENTION: IF you do get constant BSOD, call up Sega and tell them your problem, you can get a new PSO disk that will fix the problem. I did this, and on my new disk I've never gotten BSOD, and I've only gotten FSOD once (when leaving a game).

lmao! Jamaican Voice of Death!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Eden- on 2003-04-05 17:19 ]</font>

Would u happen to know what the number is???

Captain_Dude
Apr 6, 2003, 01:08 AM
Jah is trying to cantact you!
We work together, I and I speak to Jah. He tell us what to do.... We gotta get Ganja for' we can talk to Jah, tho.

Guile
Apr 6, 2003, 02:07 AM
Hell yeah that jamaican guy is a crazy mofo!

Captain_Dude
Apr 6, 2003, 03:12 AM
On 2003-04-05 23:07, Guile wrote:
Hell yeah that jamaican guy is a crazy mofo!

I doubt he's a crazy mofo! I think it's Jah! Trying to contact people!

Fanatic72802
Apr 6, 2003, 03:43 AM
The ancient Jamacian Tiki Gods have spoken! Hurry, we must sacrifice a hundred virgin FOnewms to appease them! :P

-Eden-
Apr 6, 2003, 05:34 AM
This is one number I found that contacts Sega's customer service.
1-(716)-650-6701.

See if that can get you what you want.

Piro-Skies
Apr 6, 2003, 06:44 AM
On 2003-04-06 03:34, -Eden- wrote:
This is one number I found that contacts Sega's customer service.
1-(716)-650-6701.

See if that can get you what you want.

"Hello customer service? BOB MARLEY IS INVADING PSO!"

"I see, we'll send someone right over"

*People in white pull outside your house and take you where you can't be a danger to yourself or anybody around you*

You sure it was from PSO? It could've been a background noise from outside. Unlucky BSOD anywho.

-Piro Skies

Phoenix2000
Apr 6, 2003, 10:44 AM
Hey,
Yeah I'll have to contact SEGA today. I was the only one in the house and everything else (computer..tv's) were all off just modem and gamecube were on. It definately came through the speakers of the TV i was playing on though. I think it might have been the TJ sword I just got. I was using one of my spare character that I get dupes on just to see what makes those weapons so great and I got this TJ sword for free. Well the day I got it my dude FSOD....then the next time..buzzing FSOD...this time JVOD. Now since I have deleted it not a problem at all. Oh yeah and before I had the sword for a whole month I have had no problems. So it was probably a very badly duped sword. Thanks for all your comments