PDA

View Full Version : J sword

demonknight
Apr 5, 2003, 06:16 PM
is it worth gtting or should i juust get a chain sawd or red sword, im already 125 runs into finding the j sword thanks in advance

Yoda86
Apr 5, 2003, 06:25 PM
From what I hear the J-Sword is pretty popular so I created a skyly ID character just to see what the rave is about. So yea, I would say the sword is worth the wait to get, so go for it.

demonknight
Apr 5, 2003, 06:33 PM
never thought i would actually gt bored from trying to find something even with a tv, computer and stereo next to me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif o well ill keep trying and put something up when i actually find it

TeamPhalanx
Apr 5, 2003, 06:38 PM
Well... in term of raw stats, the J-SWORD is the best sword. However, when you factor in %, RED SWORD is actually the best, since the highest % the TSUMIKIRU J-SWORD can have is 5%.

Is it worth the trouble? It depends. If you just want a good, reliable sword to play through areas, then the RED SWORD is the best. If you want to go after the best sword in the game, then go for it.

Yoda86
Apr 5, 2003, 06:40 PM
On 2003-04-05 15:33, demonknight wrote:
never thought i would actually gt bored from trying to find something even with a tv, computer and stereo next to me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif o well ill keep trying and put something up when i actually find it

As I've said a lot of times before, just get a TV with Picture in Picture and watch your favorite shows while playing PSO. This is also very handy for the Telepiping Tricks almost unavoidable boredom. But thanks to TVs with PIP, it helps out a lot.

malinko
Apr 5, 2003, 09:11 PM
On 2003-04-05 15:38, TeamPhalanx wrote:
Well... in term of raw stats, the J-SWORD is the best sword. However, when you factor in %, RED SWORD is actually the best, since the highest % the TSUMIKIRU J-SWORD can have is 5%.

Is it worth the trouble? It depends. If you just want a good, reliable sword to play through areas, then the RED SWORD is the best. If you want to go after the best sword in the game, then go for it.

Actually, some guy on this message board said the percents DO NOT reverse... I think it was "Moogy". Check the J-Sword kills topic.

Yoda86
Apr 5, 2003, 09:17 PM
I haven't seen the change from Sealed J to Tsumikiri J but I have been told that all percentages of the origional Sealed J STAY THE SAME!!! Nothing reverses, if anything it gets better (i'm still doing research on the J-Sword but have to get it first).

TeamPhalanx
Apr 5, 2003, 09:51 PM
That's not someone from I would consider to be a valid source. In addition, he said that the sword magically changed... If it did, then it's the only weapon that does that. Every other item, whether it be weapon or armor, comes unequipped when upgraded.

Either way, I think the duped Japanese one had something like -40%, so unless they changed it...

Yoda86
Apr 5, 2003, 10:00 PM
Well, now the J-Sword is my top priority and I don't care how long it takes me. I'll find it, change it and report what I find to everyone http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ShadowCaster
Apr 5, 2003, 11:08 PM
Ok from personal experience and from what I have heard J sword (I assume your talking a Tsukimiri and not sealed) It NEVER has any percents, mine doesn't and no one elses has.

I think it IS worth getting cause it is an amazing sword, unless you get a red sword with AWESOME percents I say go for it.

It's special attack sends out a uge blue dome attacking everything within it. But the special uses all your pb. 20 pb at the least to do it. I LOVE IT!

So I say go for it unless you have someway to find masses of red swords so your chances of finding good percents are sweet.

Go for it and happy hunting

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/sprite.gif

dj_dan
Apr 5, 2003, 11:39 PM
On 2003-04-05 20:08, ShadowCaster wrote:
Ok from personal experience and from what I have heard J sword (I assume your talking a Tsukimiri and not sealed) It NEVER has any percents, mine doesn't and no one elses has.

In the import version of PSOGC, there was a mass-duped Tsumikiri J-Sword. It's %'s were (0/0/0/-35).

I have no idea how it becomes unsealed, but a probable answer would be that someone actually hacked the game (no not gameshark!). If the %'s DO reverse then that duped Sword is good proof of it.

SMACKTARD
Apr 6, 2003, 01:12 PM
except that would mean that the guy hacked a sealed j-sword at 35 dark, played until he unsealed it, got -35 dark and then started to dupe it. that doesn't make much sense to me. since hackers are lazy by definition, why would one go through all that trouble to get tsumukiri?

TeamPhalanx
Apr 6, 2003, 03:55 PM
Nice to see someone use a bit of common sense.

There are made items in the game (a 100% hit SNOW QUEEN comes to mind), but the J-SWORD isn't one of them.

SONIC TEAM has a ban on every single item that cannot be obtained legitmately. That's why you don't see people with something like a S-RANK NEEDLE.

The lowest negative % you can get is 5%. Given the ultra high negative % on some of them, it means that the % must reverse.

It is possible that ST changed this for the US version, but... you know... this is ST we're talking about.