PDA

View Full Version : freezing time

The_Hero_Of_Time
Apr 5, 2003, 10:17 PM
if time was frozen do you think it would be hard to move things, cause its like their stone, or would it be easy to move things? and what would you do if time was frozen and you were the only person aloud to move around?

Davion
Apr 5, 2003, 10:31 PM
You know, I've always thought about that. How much fun would it be if you could REALLY do that?

Some Pervs might have a bit to much fun...

LamerPanda
Apr 5, 2003, 11:02 PM
If time was frozen, I would think everything would be frozen. *shrug* Can't exactly test that theory.

If I was the only one allowed to move? Hm... *thinks*

Honestly, I'd probably go punch a few people I've always wanted to. n_n Oh, and maybe I could set my clock so it'd finally be right.

raiden999
Apr 5, 2003, 11:02 PM
On 2003-04-05 19:31, Davion wrote:
You know, I've always thought about that. How much fun would it be if you could REALLY do that?

read my mind there...

ABDUR101
Apr 5, 2003, 11:08 PM
On 2003-04-05 19:31, Davion wrote:

Yes, and the world rejoices that Abdur can't stop time. =|

You're safe Davion!

As for what it would be like, well I'd imagine everything is just stopped, but still has the properties of whatever physical forces it had when it was not stopped.

An example is gravity. The effect of gravity would still be felt on an object if you tried to lift it, because it was there when time stopped.

If an object was in mid-air due to being thrown, it would have more force behind it going in the direction it was thrown than in any other direction, so you could maybe push it with ease in the direction it was going, but have as much force resistance if you pushed it in the opposite direction.

..why the hell did I just type all of that? O_o

Orange_Coconut
Apr 6, 2003, 12:03 AM
Y'know what would be awesome? If you did that while it was raining. Then you could see the rain drops in midair and it would be cool http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

pixelate
Apr 6, 2003, 12:32 AM
I'd probably check out as many people in the shower as possible.

Abaddon
Apr 6, 2003, 12:47 AM
Pixelate: And Abaddon, you're a looker.

*reads above post* Yikes!
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Guntz348
Apr 6, 2003, 06:36 AM
On 2003-04-05 21:32, pixelate wrote:
I'd probably check out as many people in the shower as possible.

Remind me to shower with my clothes on from now on. But really I would think that if time was frozen and only you could move, you couldnt interact with anything, only observe. If you touch anything it'd have to be brought into your small space of "moving time". Like on that old show "Out of This World", where Eavie Garland could talk to her alien dad through the cube and freeze time, but if she touched anything it started back up again. Time travel is supposed to be sort of possible though. I was reading an article in the New Haven Advoccate about an astronaut that, I forget exactly how, ended up about .25 or .05 seconds behind (or maybe ahead of) the rest of us. It was because he was moving quickly through space that was far enough away from the earth, but when he came back he "synched" back up with us on the return trip. I really gotta find that article its a great read.

BlackCanaryOfDeath
Apr 6, 2003, 09:45 AM
What about the people tanning on the beach? Would they get burned if you stopped time for too long? What if you wanted to stop time so you could tan? Would you be able to?

rena-ko
Apr 6, 2003, 10:03 AM
um, if you would stop time completely, you wouldnt be able to see, since every light will be stopped as well. so no sun tan/burn as well ^_^
no moving of things, no lifting etc because you wouldnt be able to move your own body as well.

then again, there was some film recently about a device in a watch that could slow down time (dont know the name anymore).

moving around (and aging) with x100 speed what would (concerning einstein) result in the effect that everything would keep still - water in midair, etc...

hm... *thinks about it & grins*

geewj
Apr 6, 2003, 02:01 PM
Has Saved by the Bell taught you nothing?

MadCowChuck_
Apr 6, 2003, 02:08 PM
Well, in theory, if you froze time, all moving items previous to the freeze would stop completely.

In other words, all moving particles would stop. Because of this, heat (the movement of particles causing friction) cannot be created and temperature would immediately become 0 degrees Kelvin...or Absolute Zero...in other words, an area of complete non-movement.

In further words...nothing biological can live in Absolute Zero.

So, don't try that at home, kids!