PDA

View Full Version : Whats with Forces and Bazookas?

Aphrodite2003
Apr 5, 2003, 10:27 PM
I'm a Fomarl. When playin with my bro(Hucast), we both took out our Inferno B. It was my first time using one. When I fire with it, I shoot as if I had God/Battles on. My bro shoots very slow though. Do fomarls get special qualities with Infernos or something? Is this why PSO voted it as one of Fomarls ideal weapons? Can someone please answer these questions! Thank you.

Asmoedean
Apr 5, 2003, 11:36 PM
I noticed that today too. With my Fomarl's Inferno Bazooka I was attacking about as fast as with a handgun. The second and third hits of the combo seem to go really fast for some reason. But of course this also brings up how damn slow they fire with a handgun.

Why does it take them two hands to fire something as small as a handgun, while a bazooka the size of their entire body takes the same effort? The world may never know... *Cue that owl from the Tootsie Pop commercials*

wizkid357
Apr 7, 2003, 02:40 PM
On 2003-04-05 20:36, Asmoedean wrote:
I noticed that today too. With my Fomarl's Inferno Bazooka I was attacking about as fast as with a handgun. The second and third hits of the combo seem to go really fast for some reason. But of course this also brings up how damn slow they fire with a handgun.

Why does it take them two hands to fire something as small as a handgun, while a bazooka the size of their entire body takes the same effort? The world may never know... *Cue that owl from the Tootsie Pop commercials*

I saw that and tried one of the mini ones it took me 80 anyway that has nothing to do with the post.

Kupi
Apr 7, 2003, 03:27 PM
It's just an easter egg, and a bit of bizarre humor on Sonic Team's part. It's not supposed to make sense, it's just that way. ^_^

Joe-Azlin
Apr 7, 2003, 04:17 PM
think about it guys. ur playing a game in the future where u have big things that walk around and for some reason all wanna kill u. then u have ppl that can control magic and b an android. now lets recap.............ur asking y the fomarl fires weird? lol 2 me the world already seems weird enough.

OdinTyler
Apr 7, 2003, 05:16 PM
Honestly, I can't explain it myself. A couple of months ago I was working on the Temple w/my FOmarl (Purplenum). I came across what I thought would be yet another mechgun until I equipped it. You can just imagine what I said. That's right..."WTF??? Am I actually seeing this? A force...with a bazooka?" Turned out to be none other than an Inferno Bazooka & I could use it. Needless to say, an evil smile filled my face as I began to waste all within my path! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I did pick up on the fact that the 2nd & 3rd hits go fast. If I were to analyze it from a scientific viewpoint (Oh God, I sound like Rico http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif ), I'd say the reason for the 2nd & 3rd hits have to do w/the gun warming up & the recoil. The 1st hit is slower because the charge had to warm up, shoot through the barrel, out of the gun (w/recoil), & towards the decided-upon target. With it warmed up already, multiple shots COULD follow faster, w/not as much recoil (as there is kinetic photon energy, as opposed to potential). I'm not an artillery expert (but, I do have a somewhat decent grip on science), so please no tearing into this theory ok? If you want to take it from a fun standpoint then...fine! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Forces are finally getting payback from always getting screwed in other areas of the game! LOL

Silly_Putty
Apr 7, 2003, 10:06 PM
The bazooka uses the shot animation by the way. Too bad the Bazooka is the only shot type weapon forces can use.

shiznitty
Apr 7, 2003, 10:19 PM
it only hits one enemy though

Orange_Coconut
Apr 7, 2003, 10:54 PM
Hehe, check out below http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Orange_Coconut on 2003-04-07 20:54 ]</font>