PDA

View Full Version : Boss Guides

LollipopLolita
Apr 5, 2003, 10:45 PM
Hi, we're currently planning to develop boss guides for all the bosses. We have in depth guides for Dragon - VolOpt, but we can use more of your player input.

This is an example of the dragon boss guide.

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=789

We can use your playing strategies if they would help other players out. We'll be adding it to the walkthrough portion of the guide.

Important: We are also looking for these information:

Suggested minimum HP/Level/Resistances for each boss

This is an example for DF

Normal...
Offline: 131+ HP, EFR and EIC 15+
Online/Offline multi-player: 141+ HP, EFR and EIC 20+

Hard...
Offline: 251+ HP, EFR and EIC 10+, ELT 15+
Online/Offline multi-player: 291+ HP, EFR and EIC 15+, ELT 20+

Very-Hard...
Offline: 391+ HP, EFR and EIC 5+, ELT 10+
Online/Offline multi-player: 451+ HP, EFR and EIC 10+, ELT 15+

Ultimate...
Offline: roughly 700 HP, EFR EIC and ELT 5+
Online/Offline multi-player: roughly 800 HP, EFR EIC and ELT 5+

Let's take this one boss at a time. So come on people, post your thoughts and tips here, and we'll compile it and make it or add it to the guides. We'll appreciate any help and input.

Let's start with Dragon boss!!

Thank you everyone!!!

Yoda86
Apr 5, 2003, 10:53 PM
Alright but I notice a problem. In the part where it says sil dragon, it says fire attack when its really an ice attack (near the bottom). I take on De Rol Le but I could use some help from anyone. We should PM to verify stuff about him.

Edit: Ah, more specifically in the Patterns section http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yoda86 on 2003-04-05 19:59 ]</font>

LollipopLolita
Apr 5, 2003, 10:59 PM
Like I said in my first post, we're doing this one boss at a time. So we're doing the Dragon only now. Del Rol Le will come later, and btw here's the link for his guide:
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=793

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-04-05 19:59 ]</font>

Yoda86
Apr 5, 2003, 11:09 PM
Ok, sorry for my incompitence, I'll work on Dragon http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ShadowCaster
Apr 5, 2003, 11:36 PM
The absolute best strategy for dragon is of course go for the feet. I like to go and face him directly so then my lvl 30 Barta can hit most parts (Norm-Vhrd) but for sill I say pure RaFoie. THen when he gets up and fly I ALWAYS use Grants 500+ dmg almost all the time. RaFoie for sil then he will usually come back down before digging and then Viola few more hits and he is dead. For people who can't use Grants or techs at all Shoot with varista or super long range wep cause any help the forces can get will help. Soon the dragon will be wishing he was still an egg

GyroidFanatic
Apr 6, 2003, 05:02 AM
Sil Dragon Hunter tips:
Stay away when he is walking around. When he stops to breath ice, run up to his feet and start attacking.

Vol Opt 1st Form Force tips:
When Vol Opt goes around the screens, hit him with Gizonde. It should only take a few to destroy the 3 small screens and the big screen.

Derkin
Apr 6, 2003, 05:41 AM
I've gotta disagree with this:

Hunter: A Slicer would be best when the Dragon is walking around. Once he has fallen, Mech Guns, Knives, or Double Saber type weapons are best for attacking his head, which is his weakest area.

The Slicer should be used until he dives into the ground.

This is with my level 116 HUmar.

Using a Flight Cutter with no %s (shifta and zalure) my HUmar does 500-600 damage 4 parts (or is it 5) for each attack. So that is 2000-2400 damage for 1 hit, totalling 6000-7200 damage per combo. Now that I have a Diska of Braveman, with hit %s, I do even more damage. For those who write this off as a crappy 9* should think again. The Berserk special rocks, allowing you to do extra (double I think) damage. Just hotkey di/trimates to heal after each combo, resta takes too long.

My SRank Twin (fully ground as well as shifta and zalure) does approximately 650 damage for each hard attack. So that's about 2100 damage for the entire combo. Mechguns do less but hit 9 times so the damage is about equal, but they do hit faster. Daggers hit 6 times aswell, but do less damage.

So, my strat is as follows (sorry about grammar and spelling, it's 3am and I didn't sleep much last night --):

At the start, immediately run to the right/left of the Dragon. Doing so will allow you to avoid his breath attack. Standing to his side, use a normal-hard-hard combo, aiming the slicer at his feet or body. It shouldn't take much to make him fall.

Once he puts his head to the ground run infront of him. If your ATA is high enough then go for hard-hard-hard, if not stick with normal-hard-hard. After a few combos the Dragon will spread its wings and cry out in pain (woot). Try to get another combo in before he takes off.

Avoid all the attacks (shouldn't be too tough) and wait for him to land again. Either continue with the Slicer or switch to any other weapon, he won't have much HP left at this point.

Yoda86
Apr 6, 2003, 07:29 AM
Here is my favorite strategy for Dragon/Sil Dragon for any Rangers who have Guilty Light or Red Scorpio.

No matter if he is on the ground or in the air, the Photon launched from these guns ALWAYS go through the dragon, to his torso, wings, and the feet. The only problem is you need to get at a good angle to get all the hits to account.

dys0r
Apr 6, 2003, 10:06 AM
Sil Dragon strategy for HUcast:

You'll want to bring with you the following weapons:

1) High hit Charge Vulcans.
2) Handgun, preferably a RED HANDGUN, or something better.
3) Twin swords, preferably an ASUKA, but a YAMATO would suffice. Or, a twin saber such as a STAG CUTLERY.

Now, when the fight begins, the Dragon would charge toward you. What you want to do is pull out your handgun, and start pecking at it until it collapses to the ground. With a HUcast's insanely high ATP, it'll be brought down with a mere weak-strong-strong combo attack. The next thing you want to do is pull out your ASUKA and stand right beside its head. Start pummelling away with a strong-strong-strong combo. Depending on your ATP, you should be doing 2000-2700+ worth of damage in one combo. Keep doing this until the Dragon gets up on its feet.

Before it gets up in the air, it'll give out a loud roar. If you time this carefully, and are beside one of its feet, you can pull out another 1500-2000 damage. Furthermore, if you have your handgun out, you can peck it with a couple of shots -- not enough to kill it, but more damage nonetheless. Most likely, you won't be able to kill the Dragon in one go. The Dragon will dig underground and try to freeze you several times. This should be no problem if you can dodge it or are able to wiggle out of it quickly. Once the Dragon comes out, a few more handgun shots should kill it outright.

The same strategy could also be applied with a High hit Charge Vulcan instead of using twin swords. Just keep doing weak-special-special combos on its head, and you can bring it down with relative ease. If you prefer to use double sabers, you want to use strong-strong-strong combos on its head. In any of these preferences, the chances are, you won't be able to bring the Dragon down in one swoop. But, that's okay, since it'd have relatively low HP at this point.

Sil Dragon strategy for RAmar:

With a RAmar, all you'd really need are either:

1) High hit Charge Vulcan.
2) Photon launcher, preferably the RED SCORPIO. A GUILTY LIGHT would also suffice.

When the fight begins, you want your Photon launcher equipped, and, of course, have Shifta and Deband casted. Begin using strong-strong-strong combos on the dragon to bring it down. Next, you want to stand right near its head, but be at an angle where you can target its other body parts. If done correctly, you should be hitting its:

- head
- upper and lower body
- one of its feet

That should get you four quick hits with a mere shot. In one combo, you should be pulling off 12 hits with a strong-strong-strong combo. With your high ATA, starting off with a strong combo's no problem. You should be dishing out pain worth 2000-2500 damage, if you're only averaging 200+ per hit on a body part. You'll certainly do more damage with a higher ATP. Once the Dragon gets up in the air, just peck it off with a weak-strong-strong combo. And, if it's still not brought down to the ground, just do weak-weak-weak attacks. If done correctly, the Dragon wouldn't even have had a chance to burrow underground.

The same strategy could be pulled off with High hit Charge Vulcans, but, instead you want to do strong-special-special combos on the Dragon's head.

- dys

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dys0r on 2003-04-06 08:13 ]</font>

TeamPhalanx
Apr 6, 2003, 04:32 PM
There are a couple things I'm sorta iffy about.

The first, assuming that you're fighting the boss at an appropriate lv (say 20 for Hard Dragon) you're not going to do all that well with a slicer. (around 0 damge) The slicer is a definetely no-no when you're taking on Sil Dragon, as it's way too slow. You really shouldn't be attacking the Sil Dragon when its moving. (This assumes solo play)

I also don't agree with the tech useage. Foie's range is close (if not equal to) zonde's. So, I don't see why you should switch to Rafoie since it has a shorter range and does less damage.

Other comments...

The boss pattern doesn't have the tail attack.

I disagree with the photon launcher comments made, as a shot weapon is 5 hits per attack.

It may be obvious, but it can't hurt to mention that you cannot take away that last 30% of HP until after the dragon roars.

All that said...

Overall, the guide is concise, so that's a good thing - It's not complicated, so there's no need to drag on.

Words are nice, but pictures are better. Pictures are nice, but a movie... If you have the capability, it would be the best thing.

LollipopLolita
Apr 6, 2003, 04:33 PM
On 2003-04-06 14:32, TeamPhalanx wrote:
Pictures are nice, but a movie... If you have the capability, it would be the best thing.

gamespy will yak yak yak

Yoda86
Apr 6, 2003, 06:39 PM
Phalanx has a point though, instead of explaining in high details we could consider putting in a movie of our strategies. That would make it really enjoyable to read as well to know there is a movie you can see http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

LollipopLolita
Apr 6, 2003, 06:41 PM
did you read my last post?

Yoda86
Apr 6, 2003, 06:45 PM
Yea I just don't understand what you mean by they will yak yak yak.

GyroidFanatic
Apr 6, 2003, 08:00 PM
I would like to add that De Rol Le has to jump onto the raft at least once before you can kill him.

FluxGryphon
Apr 7, 2003, 01:59 AM
First, a comment about movies: Snapple posted her 'tight circle' tactical move to avoid Vol Opt ver.2's immobalizing ball of light. I tried a couple times searching for the topic her link was in, but am getting error messages.

Now, some strategy input. I posted in 'Site Related' awhile ago that Photon Launchers are good at striking the Dragon when it's flying. Unlike rifles, it usually will strike more than one target on the Dragon's body, which helps tremendously in bringing it down. Obviously shots are better when it's on the ground, but the limited range of the shot (especially with the Spread Needle) doesn't make it useful when it's in the air. For some reason, Photon Launcher blasts can hit it from the ground. (I've never gotten a good look to see whether the shots are going forward or up in the air, since the camera is all screwy at that point. I suspect the blast acts like Barta and just goes in a straight line, doing damage to whatever is on the same axis, regardless of whether it actually intersects with it or not.)

For Hunters without Cure/Freeze fighting the Sil Dragon: Since it's not a good idea to try attacking his feet with a close-range weapon, it'll help you survive to attack the head with a handgun or mechgun till it falls. Then you can move in and start wailing on the head with your strongest multi-attack weapon. Unless you can take it down quickly (i.e. it won't have a chance to do its Ice Breath Attack), it'd be a good idea to stay to its side, rather than in front of it.

That breath has a wide hit radius, and from what I've experienced there's a safe place more or less under the neck. If anyone can be more specific about the range of the Dragon's arc, that would be useful to the guide. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Yoda86
Apr 7, 2003, 10:43 AM
Actually, the shots from the photon launcher do not go into the air but the shot from the photon launcher still hits the dragon http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Derkin
Apr 7, 2003, 03:00 PM
Perhaps you should include Beginner and Advanced strategies. A level 5 will not be able to find a slicer and if s/he does it won't do decent damage.

Logical2u
Apr 8, 2003, 10:50 AM
Ok here ya go.
NORMAL
Online I recomend lvl. 10 or some good allies. A rifle, handgun, or shotgun will do good, along with Zonde and Barta (+ upgrades). He has 650+ Hp and has high fire resistance (cuz he breathes it) and low Ice resistance. However, A RaMar (like me) will want to attack with weapon when he is on ground and zonde (he does have resistnace to this i think)when in air. NOTE! DO NO GET CRUSHED By HIM IT DOES LOTS OF DAMAGE. Attack the head till he falls down for Ras and Fos, and Hus attack the feet, but dont get stepped on.
offline. Basicly the same. However this time he has 550+ hp.
HARD
Online. I recomend a ranged weapon (what ever you've got by now) again. He does more damage (about 50-90 with fireballs and 100 with rushing ground attack depending on armor and resistance), and has more hp. about 1100 or more. The HARD mode also lowers your damage by about 50 (if you did 150 in normal you do 100 in hard) making him that much more annoying. Barta and zonde are still good. Just whack him in the head, then attack it.
offline. Same thing. he just has about 950+ hp.

RubyEclipse
Apr 9, 2003, 10:46 PM
No one has done a Dark Falz Guide yet? o.o! I'll start working on that one then...

FluxGryphon
Apr 11, 2003, 04:05 AM
Temporary tangeant:
Is there going to be a day/week limit to how long we spend on one boss? Seems like people are eager to go out of order. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Note to fighting a Sil Dragon:
For Whitill characters...The Cure/Frozen unit can be found off of Gulgus-gues in the Ult. Forest, as well as off of Pouilly slimes in Very Hard. If you are a Hunter (or have a Hunter) going up against this boss, Cure/Frozen will help keep you alive. The multi-hit while Frozen can be VERY deadly, not to mention detrimental to stashes of Scape Dolls. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

LollipopLolita
Apr 11, 2003, 04:31 AM
Let's cover the dragon first and then let's review which are good strategies to add to the guide. Then we'll move on. But now since the mags quest forum is down, we're going to wait a little.

DragonKain
Apr 11, 2003, 11:53 AM
hello, total newb to this board, but that's okay... I've slain the Sil Dragon so many times that it should be afraid to come back, heheh... anyway, my tactic that I've used since level 76 on Sil Dragon :

Starting off running to the side, I wait until the dragon stops (ovious move, since he runs too fast), I use either a handgun or the mechguns to attack his feet when he stops, so when he falls, he doesn't land on me, then I switch quickly to either a saber or twin, or double saber to quickly dish out damage to his skull. If he starts flying, I hit him with Foie, which does pretty good damage, even since I'm Hunter and have no real MST stat, when he runs underground I look for the mound in the ground to see his attack (which is alot easier on that white/blue snowy landscape) and run on to the outside on his 3rd or 4th pass when he goes in circles (recently perfected that) also, when he does the rolling thing in the air and drops pieces of ice, I run under him ... if possible, then run away before he lands (I hate being frozen) ... in short, hit and run, then hit again. (oh, and if you're wondering how I beat him at such a low level ... Scape Dolls, at least one just incase I get frozen/killed)

(that reminds me, I have yet to get a Dragon's Nail from him yet ... *sigh* ...)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DragonKain on 2003-04-12 12:07 ]</font>

Yoda86
Apr 14, 2003, 06:44 AM
Ok, you all know when Sil Dragon is underground and is doing his last attack where he goes around the whole arena? Well, to avoid this, you can sometimes put yourself into one of the corners of the field and sometimes he misses you.

It's either that or you want to try to get on his right side before he starts his circle so he misses you when he starts to go.

Elusive_Llama
Apr 15, 2003, 03:24 PM
My strategy for fighting the Sil Dragon if you're a Ranger.

Equipment:
- Photon launcher (Guilty Light, Red Scorpio, Snow Queen)

- Spread Needle or a good mechgun.

Shoot the photon launcher at him when he's charging at you. When he gets close, start running to avoid being stomped on. Switch to your mechguns. Make sure you're not directly in front of him when he stops to breathe ice, and let him have it with the mechguns. He should fall to the floor and be stunned.

If you have the Spread Needle, walk up to his neck region (where the spiky mantle is) and blast away. You will hit 5 targets per shot, which translates into a lot of pain in a very short time. If you have mechguns, you could walk up to his head and blast it. If you can cast Zalure on him, do it asap.

When he takes off into the air, pull out the photon launcher again and shoot him down. Snow Queen is best for this because it has rifle range. The Snow Queen's normal/hard attack is not ice based despite its appearance, and it will hurt the Sil Dragon.

If you bring him down, finish him off with mechguns to add insult to injury.

If you don't bring him down, open up the big map and start running around the perimeter to avoid being rammed. His 3rd underground attack will spiral around the whole arena, starting from the outer edges and working inwards to the centre.

Stand near the outer edge of the arena, but not quite at the edge. Give a clearance of approximately 2.5 bartles standing side-by-side between you and the outer edge. As soon as you see him go by, run directly to the outer edge to avoid being hit.

When he reemerges, cut him down with the photon launcher and mechguns.

LollipopLolita
Apr 15, 2003, 05:12 PM
Okay, so let's crit all the strategies that have been posted here, now you guys tell me which strategies are good and deserve to go in the guide.

TeamPhalanx
Apr 16, 2003, 11:45 AM
Honestly...

I think they all suck.

They're too long; it's the dragon for heaven's sake. The guide itself is fine the way it is (short). Just fix up the little mistakes that exist.

It's probably best to just outline what the dragon does, and let the players form their own strategy.

Besides, all the posts pretty much say: Try to hit the dragon's multiple parts and avoid its attacks.

Just allow pix (or whomever is working on the guide) finish up the guides and ask us if there are any (egregious) errors or a crucial part missing. It'd probably be easier for everyone that way.

FluxGryphon
Apr 16, 2003, 06:57 PM
I kinda agree with TeamPhalanx in that what's said individually is too lengthy. However, I think it would be fair to add bulleted strategies for how to avoid certain attacks (e.g. how not to get hit by the dragon when it's underground charging). It isn't necessary to list specific weapons to use against it because that makes it less general - not everyone is going to have found such and such weapon by that point. Weapon-types (i.e. "Mechgun" vs. "Vulcan", "Photon Launcher" instead of "Red Scorpio") should replace those specific weapon accounts.

There is one general rule when it comes to writing strategies: keep it simple. Otherwise, it becomes a blog of confusion.

Parting Thought: Droids are arguably the most vulnerable when fighting a boss because they have a limited amount of healing items. Is it too redundant to make a general boss-fighting note for all bosses to stock up on as much Monomate, Dimate, and Trimate (even Star Atoms if other healing items - e.g. Monomate and Trimate - cannot be purchased)? The most important aspect in fighting a boss - particularly if your character doesn't have thousands of HP - is keeping at nearly full or full health. Just a thought.

Edit: I've started compiling a guide myself outlining some of the basic strategies in terms of offensive and defensive strategies. Offensive for dealing the damage (obviously), and Defensive for avoiding getting hit (motion evaison).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FluxGryphon on 2003-04-16 17:22 ]</font>

FluxGryphon
Apr 16, 2003, 09:15 PM
Link to above mentioned compilation: http://www.furnation.com/etl/pso/FG_PSO%20Boss%20Guide-Dragon.doc.

Whoever's doing the pictures, I'd be willing to meet online and help take pictures. Unfortunately I can't take whole screen captures, but I can assist by keeping such a person's character alive. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

tigone01
Apr 22, 2003, 10:55 AM
I still find that the slicer series is best for the dragons, even with the slow rate of fire. That same slow rate can be compensated if you have access to god battle, or even a general battle would help.

With my hucaseal, against the sil dragon, I move to the side and throw out slicer combos. When he drops move to the front facing the dragon and pull of more slicer combos. Now when he takes to the air is when I'll whip out (giggles) a pistol, I have a red but a varista will do, and pop him a few times. Avoid his burrowing, and repeat till he croaks. For lower levels pistols and even sabers will replace the rares above. Hell i bet the dragon on normal at level 4 with non-rares.

Para
Apr 22, 2003, 08:23 PM
My Recommendations:
Dragon:
Mode: Normal, Hard, Very Hard
Recommended Strategies:
(Applicable To All Classes)

When entering combat with the Dragon, run to the side and make sure he can never face you. The Dragon will only attack if you become near and/or in range of his breath of fire.

Rangers/Forces should attack from a distance from the side of the dragon, focusing fire towards his legs or his head where defense is the lowest. Do not stay in your firing position too long or the Dragon will attempt to blast you away with its flames. Rangers can use any type of ranged weapon but shot might do the trick. Forces should use Ice attacks like GiBarta.
Hunters should also attempt to attack the dragon at the legs at the sides. Do not follow through combo after combo for the Dragon will attempt to squish you by lying down or kicking you with its feet. The Dragon lies down when it has taken a certain amount of damage.

When the Dragon is in the air, any class should always stay beneath his wings for his fireballs cannot reach you from his current position.

When the Dragon roars, this signals the second phase of the battle. The Dragon will fly up to the air and dive underground. Though this is rare, at times the Dragon will dive directly at you. When the Dragon dives underground, it will attempt to attack you by burrowing towards you creating a shockwave in its path. An easy counter against this is to run to the edge of the map and run around in circles.

After 3 rounds of burrowing attacks, the Dragon will burst out of the ground and flying up into the air while leaving a hotspot on the ground. These hotspots are little ponds of lava which I don't think will be wise to stand on for you take damage while standing in them. On rare occasions the Dragon will burst from underground from the position you are standing at thus damaging you.

The Dragon then will land and start walking towards you and attempting to get into range to attack with its breath of fire. Run to the sides again and attack as stated before. After attempting to hit you with its fire attack, the Dragon will once again fly up to the air and dive again.

Recommended Equipment:
Ranged weaponary.

Sil Dragon:
Mode: Ultimate
Recommended Strategies:
(applicable to all classes)

Like the Dragon, Sil Dragon will also attempt to get into range to breath Ice. However not only it will attempt to get into range but it will attempt to overrun you and squish you with its feet. Do not get hit by Sil Dragon because all its attacks freeze you. Because Sil Dragon's defense is usually awfully high for the first timer, his head will be the only weak area. When running around, attempt to get him to stop and breath ice. When he's breathing ice, attack him from the sides where he cannot reach with a gun.

In the air, Sil Dragon will spin and randomly spray frozen orbs around the map. Since Sil Dragon is untargetable while performing this interesting feat, run towards the sides and run around the edge. As Sil Dragon slowly descends, so will the range of his frozen orbs.

In the second phase of the battle, like the Dragon, Sil Dragon will attempt to crash into you by burrowing. However on Sil Dragon's third attempt, Sil Dragon will burrow and move in a spiral shape pattern from the edge towards the centre. To avoid this attack, you must stand near the row where he burrows through and run across when he has passed that row.

Note: Do not stand beside the Dragon when it going to fall down otherwise you can get killed and not get the experience.

Recommended Equipment:
Equipement that will provide ice resist and provide protection that will protect you from Sil Dragon's freezing capabilities.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nites on 2003-04-26 10:03 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nites on 2003-04-27 10:57 ]</font>

Garanz2
Apr 23, 2003, 12:08 PM
Dunno if anyone's noticed this but after the dragon dies any lava pools left behind become completely harmless. As long as the dragon is not in the fight the lava pools don't do even a single point of damage when you stand on them.

Also, when the dragon dies it can fall on you, doing damage. (this has only happened to me on vhard tho so i'm unsure if it happens in any other diffs).

FluxGryphon
Apr 23, 2003, 09:24 PM
On 2003-04-23 10:08, Garanz2 wrote:
Dunno if anyone's noticed this but after the dragon dies any lava pools left behind become completely harmless. As long as the dragon is not in the fight the lava pools don't do even a single point of damage when you stand on them.

Also, when the dragon dies it can fall on you, doing damage. (this has only happened to me on vhard tho so i'm unsure if it happens in any other diffs).

Those were the two things I forgot to put in my guide. No excuse. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

In C-mode, I think if you defeat the dragon and stand in one of the lava pools, it will continue to do damage to you until everyone acknowledges the end message completing the stage. That's the only time they seem to do damage after the dragon is dead.

Garanz2
Apr 24, 2003, 03:20 AM
You can easily multiply the damage you do to most bosses by using a weapon or spell that hits multiple targets. Most bosses are made of several targets that share a hp total but have different defence. e.g. you can hit the dragon's head, body, tail, both legs, and both wings simultaneously, doing far more damage to the overall health total than if you had attacked a single part, but the wings and body would take less damage because they have higher defence than the head or legs. This definitely works well against: Dragon, De Rol Le, Vol Opt, Barba Ray, Gol Dragon, and Gal gryphon. (I dunno about Flow or Falz)Because you can (with a shot type weapon) multiply your damage by up to 5x.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garanz2 on 2003-04-24 01:21 ]</font>

BrokenHope
Apr 25, 2003, 09:33 AM
Heh it's the dragon, does it really need an indepth guide? Hit it in the feet till it's head drops then attack the head till it either dies, or takes off then use an ice tech on normal to v hard or a fire tech on ult and if your a ranger use a photon launcher type, repeat till it's dead.

Para
Apr 26, 2003, 12:06 PM
lol true its the dragon but i guess it would be helpful for newbies if they never encountered the dragon before... i mean we dont need guides but it would certainly look good for psow if it had good newbie guides for people

Logical2u
Apr 26, 2003, 02:09 PM
This is just something I found recently while playing the Dragon online. If you are the weakest one, hid near the door. it is off the map, and if there are a least 2 other people IN THE MIDDLE it will attack them first. However, I always get hit on his (her?) Third Underground Rush. Afterwards it might be best to run around in circles around the outside of the arena until you equip your weapon.

CovertSushi
Apr 27, 2003, 12:43 PM
Dark Falz (in as short as possible):
First phase: Kill as many spinny things as possible as quickly as possible.
Second phase: Pick a Mechgun, shot, bazooka, or photon launcher and focus on one head. Shoot it with normal-hard-normal or hard-hard-hard if you have better accuracy.
Third phase: See phase two, he just has more HP and better attacks.
Fourth phase (hard mode and up): Run around avoiding his arms swinging around. You can't avoid his Grants attack, so get a bunch of things to resist as much light as possible. Shoot him whenever possible. Watch for him taking the color of another person (red, yellow, green, blue), and don't attack. All damage will go to that person instead of him.
That's about it, so stick with mechguns when actually fighting the guy, and a partisian/sword/slicer works nicely for the little spinny guys. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/sevenup.gif

PSO_Komodo
Apr 28, 2003, 12:38 AM
Well I'll write how I normally do it online, some points may help if not oh well.

Sil Dragon.
Using: sword type or saber type (all I bother to use on it)
Run to its left or right and press start to avoid slowdown when under its head, stay to the left or right until it breaths ice (usually when your not to close to it and in line with its head). Hit its feet til it topples. Attack its head. (I wont bother with the next attack). Use the lil map up top to avoid it burrowing into you. Use Area Map to avoid its burrowing towards you, (bit slower than normal dragons isnt it?) just stay near middle and dodge left or right as it approaches. On the last underground attack simply take Area Map off, run to a point in between the edge and the center, watch it burrow round the edge twice then run to the edge and your fine. Rest easy.

Slider
May 3, 2003, 09:01 AM
I personally found the Diska strategy for the dragon to be well....useless unless you are about lvl 100 because for high levels it does 250-300 but for a lvl 83 like myself it does about 50. But basically the key thing to defeating the dragon I think (sorry I know its a little late but I had been having difficulty getting this site to work at all) is to hug the feet until he stop dont let him step on you though then when he stops smack him with your melee weapon now I havent taken the time to figure out how much time you have with other weapons but I have figured this much out. With the grass assassin sabers you can get in weak-strong-strong and a weak before you absolutely have to move to avoid being frozen I continue this until he starts to fly when he borrow dodge his attacks but when he does the sprial wait for two passes and run toward the outside. then when he comes up contiue the hug the feet startegy I mentioned earlier then when he stops do the weak-strong-strong combo but this time he wont freeze you so continue to pound on him....rinse,lather,repeat

CakeMan
May 7, 2003, 10:45 PM
here simlified steps to kill the dragon

1. attack his legs however you can.

2. strong strong strong combo on his head.

3. repeat 1 and 2 until he dives into the ground.

4. when the dragon dives into the ground stand next to the lava hole he had made. 8 out of 10 times he will miss you.

5. do steps 1 2 4.

6. He dies.

De Rol Le

1. Use a multi part hit weapon or a 6+ combo weapon.

2. to avoid the still spikes stand in the corner.

3. to avoid the following spike, destroy 2 and run into the corner.

4. to avoid his blasts run in circles.

5. avoiding falling rocks, stand in the nw corner.

6. do 2 combos then wait for him to attack.

VOL OPT.

HAHA YOU DON'T NEED ONE

DARK FALZ
I have no strategy for taking falz out.

BANNANA_BIRD
May 10, 2003, 07:32 PM
Force Stratagy for Dark Falz.
Shortcuts:rabarta, resta,gizonde,foie,deband,barta

First Phase

Use Barta techniques to defeat dwarvents. Only atack purple flamed 1s.

Ultimate:Same stratagy exept you might want to put deband on.

Second Phase

Use Gizonde + deband. Do not bother with the extra dwarvents. Heal when needed.

Ultimate:Same stratagy.

3rd Phase

Use Barta. Depending on how much res you have will determine if you'll make it passed this point. Have some dark res to survive the beam atack.

Ultimate:Same stratagy applies.

4th Phase

Only available in Hard, V hard, and Ultimate. This battle is dam hard. If you cant survive his grants DO NOT ATEMPT to fight him unless your fighting him with a group of members. Fire foie at a distance asuming your foie is fast enough to get to him. The amount of damage the slash atack is tremendus and you have to have a certain amount of hp to survive, no dfp will help.The upper advantage is you can fire foie at him when he uses that invincable shield and still damage him.

Ultimate:This battle will be hell, but same stratagy applies exept the slash atack will probably kill you. Bring some scrape dolls and pray for victory.

RolandHazoto
May 11, 2003, 08:41 AM
I am in dire need of a tip or strategy or something... I am a Pinkal lvl 45 with G. Assassin's Sabers on and a mag that gives me plus 164 pow. (82 pow) I am requesting some kind of strategy for the last boss of episode 2 on normal... This may sound pathetic but his stupid death rain obliterates me and I have no idea how to even begin attacking him!
Please lend me aid...

FluxGryphon
May 13, 2003, 11:00 PM
Are we ready to move on to Dal Ra Le now? Pretty pleeeeese? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

LollipopLolita
May 18, 2003, 02:56 PM
Yea let's move it on to De Rol Le. Worm tactics begin!

Stalfos333
May 19, 2003, 12:59 AM
Force: Go in with Deband cast. Cast Jellen on the worm, if you need the protection.
The worm begins by coming up on the right side. Move to the front corner of that side, then turn toward the side. Blast him with Rafoie when he's in range. Constantly. When he swims around the front, keep blasting him with rafoie whenever you can target his backside.
He should die in no time, but keep casting rafoie whenever you can target him.

In front, he'll send out three spores to circle you, which die by rafoie. Keep hitting it.

On each side, he'll fire a multi-shot attack which may miss you if you're in the front corner. He can also jump aboard, and will hit you with a leg every couple seconds. You can hit him with at least two Rafoies in this time between attacks, then you should move in a straight line.

When behind, he will drop back and climb on the cieling. Rocks will fall, but will miss if you stand in the back corner.
When he is damaged enough, he'll slink back, turn off the lights, and then he'll shoot laser beams from behind. If you think he's almost dead, you can manage another rafoie round. Run from side to side on the boat to avoid the attack, then hang out on one side after the second.

dropslash
May 23, 2003, 06:38 AM
Some notes coming from an Androids perspective.

01. BEFORE you get in the boss warp, customize the R-Menu to monotmate:dimate:trimate (or star ats). You're gonna need them. If you can't use the Special Attack on your weapons, think about putting a healing item in it's usual place, OR, bring a Drain class gun.

02. Bring with you a slicer (HU) or photon launcher (RA) (if you have one), a good handgun (HU)/rifle (RA), and the strongest melee weapon you have (HU). I can't vouch for the Shot series weapons, i've never used them on this boss. Go in with your slicer/PL equipped.

02a. In Ult. he always starts with purple shots, then right onto the raft, so enter the warp with your best melee weapon equipped.

03. When it's along side the raft, slicer/PL the hell out of him. If you stay up near his head, you can juke your way through his purple shots unhit. Move in/towards the first one, then away/out to dodge the second one (you'll have to dodge twice up close).

04. Front or back of the raft, HU plug away with a handgun, they're more accurate at this range. RA's stick with the PL.

05. The spikes, just clear the "top" (north) corner so you can plug at the boss and not get hit by the rest of them. When they're encircling you, handgun or melee, slicers and PL's are too slow to clear all 3 before they explode. Get ready to dodge purple shots immediatly after.

06. Mouth Laser. Rifle or Handgun, slicers and PL are WAY to slow for this, and in Ult., well, good luck. Aside from Ult. you can usually get off a 3 hit combo from the back of the raft (closest to him), then bolt to the opposite side of the raft. repeat. repeat. etc etc. You have to be quick, if you are, it's like free hits. In Ult. you can squeeze off one 3-hit with a good handgun before he starts, after that though, all bets are off. He's way too fast and random with the beam.

07. Falling Debris. Find a corner, (NW seems to be a favorite) and work your way into it until it looks like you're not even standing on it.

08. On board. Bust out the melee weapon (HU) and give it to him. His huge tentacles will speed up as they go from one to the next. You can usually get in two 3-hit combos before the 1st one strikes. After that, get a move on. Next go for a 3-hit and a 2-hit (or a 1 hit to play it safe). Dodge. 3-hit, 1-hit. Dodge. 3-hit. Dodge. As soon as he retreats into the water, get back to your slicer or gun and plug away. PAY ATTENTION to your health. The tentacles crit-hit more than rappys on amphetamines, they will kill you when you think they can't.

08a. As an RA, i like to stay with the PL while he's onboard. Just stick and move, it's easy money.

08b. On Ult. this is a bastard. You can usually get in a 3-hit before the 1st strikes, but after that, especially the last two, tentacle strikes come extremely fast. It's almost better to stick and move with a handgun for this.

Side note: If you have Estlla for this boss, you can eat him alive. Just line yourself up, look right into it's eyes and let Flipper rip him apart.

Really, the 1st key to De Rol Le/Dal Ral Lie is to keep on him. No matter where he is in relation to you (aside from falling debris) you can hit him with something. Never stop trying to sink a shot into him. The 2nd is keeping on the move. This boss can be incredibly frustrating, especially with limited healing items. He'll cut you down fast. Learning how to effectively dodge his attacks will make things a lot easier, regardless of how long the fight lasts (and it can go for a LONG time at lower levels).

If there's a 3rd, it's be accurate. Wasted shots are wasted time, and when fighting this boss a few missed shots and open up a window of pain for it to dive through.

I know a lot of this seems like common sense, but i've watched countless new players try and squeeze in extra shots during the mouth laser/tentacles and get their asses handed to them for the effort. Play it safe. With limited healing items your better off not getting hit than you are trying to inch in an extra shot. You'll have plenty of opportunities to deal him damage, you just have to stay healthy enough to take advantage of them.

I'm sure there's bits i missed. I only play androids, and usually HU's, so any RA's out there, feel free to fill in the missing pieces. And for all you Tech users...

:P~~~

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dropslash on 2003-05-23 04:40 ]</font>

MAGusZ87
Jun 1, 2003, 05:30 PM
hmm this might be a little late but when fighting DE ROL LEE with any force characters u should have
1.)Your best Gazonde tech
it's cheaper than Rafoie in TP
2.)10 monofluids/mates (if in normal mode, use difluids/mates if in hard or up because ur char will have alot of TP)
3.)(optional) the soul eater, it's a nice weapon that forces can use to hit mult. segments of De Rol Lee when they run out of TP
4.)(optional) a gun that u like(to keep u from getting bored when De Rol Lee is just swimming around and not attacking)(i use Varista or my +20 lockgun)
5.)(optional) a strong single enemy weapon for destroying those explosive barbs (i use DB's Saber or Booma's Claw)

*i don't know how this applies to De Rol Lee's Ult version but i assume it's similar just harder*

Para
Jun 5, 2003, 10:33 PM
De Rol Le Guide v1
By Nites

Hunters:
Suggested Weaponary: Handguns, slicers and melee weapons with good % A. Beast

Item Tip: Bring ALOT OF MATES AND FLUIDS.... especially androids... bring alot of mates...

Biggest Tip: Know when he strikes... the key to win is basically outlast him by timing his attacks.

Non Android Hunters have it lucky at the beginning since resta is available to them. Your first battle with De Rol Le will be challenging because of the lack of damage you deal and the armour strength of De Rol Le. Only taking out a portion of the carapace of De Rol Le will allow you to damage his hit points.

Initially De Rol Le will begin the battle by attacking with a swarm of purple energy waves. It is possible to dodge them. Try to predict where the waves go and go inbetween each one. If you are unsuccessful, resta becomes handy here.

De Rol Le will also fire spike mines at you. There are two versions of the land mines:
1) the spike mines are stationary and thus you should take one of them out thats near a corner to avoid being hurt from the other landmines.
2) the spike mines follow you. Unfortunately if you cant take them all out there is another way. You can try to guess which one will explode first and take that one out. Once you do when the mines stop rotating around, you can run out of their area of effect to avoid the damage.

When De Rol Le darts out of the water to land his head against the raft, you can either target his body carapace or his head or his skull. Remember you cannot hurt him until you destroy the carapace. The tip of the skull carapace has the highest defense so I wouldn't target there. Target the head carapace or the body carapace to strip him of his carapace at that location to start damaging his HP.
Note: while De Rol Le is on the surface of the raft, he will attempt to stab you with his tentacles. Time your attacks so you can avoid his attack when he's about to strike again. Preferrably I attack him with 3 weak strong strong combo attacks before I run around to avoid his next attack.

In the midst of the battle, De Rol Le will back off and come back crashing rocks on you. There's no general strategy to avoid it but you could run around and hope to be lucky http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

When the lights are off, De Rol Le doesnt come up to the surface so your handgun might come in handy.

De Rol Le will back to the rear and charge up his energy beam. The best thing to do is to stand and run out of the way once hes about to fire. If you are desperate to deal damage to him, fire your handgun at him while hes recharging (does not work with Dal Ral Lie for the cooldown is amazingly low).

HUnewearls: If you have Rafoie or Razonde and you have the TP, using it would help and Zalure would help alot too.

Rangers: Use shotguns or any spread damage weapon unless you are keen on your good 1 hit handgun with good % against A.Beast.

Like hunters, focus fire on the weaker spots of De Rol Le to kill him fast. Refer to the Hunter strategy for details for Ranger.

Force: Force have it really easy if they have all the fluids in the world + rafoie/razonde.

Basically avoid all the attacks and Rafoie/Razonde as frequently as possible to take out De Rol Le. Target the body because once a good majority of his carapace goes out, De Rol Le will take a very good multiple hit from your Rafoie/Razonde. Watch your HP since you have low defense so you might want to heal as frequently as possible with mates since your TP is devoted to attacking de rol le with offensive techniques. Jellen would help too.

Dal Ral Lie:
Similar like De Rol Le, Dal Ral Lie will attack in the same pattern but with a few differences.

When entering battle, Dal Ral Lie will immediately attack with the purple energy wave. Unlike the other difficulties, you will get hit one right after the other so you might be ready to resta/mate yourself or avoid his attacks.

Dal Ral Lie will attack rapidly when on the surface so you will get less hits on him if you avoid his attacks. Dal Ral Lie will also surface while the lights are out to attack unlike De Rol Le.

When firing his energy beam, the cool down for it is amazingly low that if you get hit once, you are basically done for unless you pound that Trimate/Resta button like mad.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nites on 2003-07-11 17:40 ]</font>

Azman
Jun 15, 2003, 06:52 AM
Good grief, I think it took 3 PAGES to cover just that stupid dragon!

Can't people just post guides to any boss they want AFTER making sure they're not posting info thats already been said?

I'm having with NORMAL Gal-Gryphon personally http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Kaldor-the-Monkey
Jun 17, 2003, 02:21 PM
Well I've got a tactic for a hunters on hard and/or normal.

1) Use Zonde, aim for the shell not the head, more power. If your an android then go for the most powerful handgun, varista or lockgun/railgun.

2) For his spiky things that explode use a blade type weapon/ multiple hit weapon to get rid of them.

3) For his purple balls prepare to get hit, it's rare to avoide them.

4) His stand-up purple ray run left-right. Timing at the start is essential.

5) for when he jumps on board do one/two full combos then run about to avoide the needle things. When the 1st hits attack again one/two full combos. To avoide the 2nd needle watch the 1st and when it returns run about again until it attacks. Do the same onwards.

6) The falling rocks, run about.

7) The second time he jumps on or 1st if your strong, unleash Mag charge if you have one, I suggest Antler guy or Estilla.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif When he dies break the boxes, the toughest part.

That's how I do it anyway.

One last tip for the dragon, I wern't here when that started, when he's under ground stay near his lava pit and if he's going to hit you just jump in and he'll miss you, just haging round the pit he misses you but it is more certain if you dive right in

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kaldor-the-Monkey on 2003-06-23 12:23 ]</font>

FluxGryphon
Jun 22, 2003, 09:00 PM
On 2003-06-15 04:52, Azman wrote:
Good grief, I think it took 3 PAGES to cover just that stupid dragon!

Can't people just post guides to any boss they want AFTER making sure they're not posting info thats already been said?

I'm having with NORMAL Gal-Gryphon personally http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

As LollipopLolita is leading this thread, we're going successively through each boss, rather than have a helter-skelter disorganized splattering of guides.

What might work better though is addressing boss strategies in a question and answer format where the questions are derived from problem points. For example...
Question: How do you avoid the purple projectile emissions (not to be confused with The Purple Shit of Death, AKA Megid) when Del Rol Le is on the East side of the raft?
Answer: PSOW's current in depth boss guide states that you can avoid this attack by going to the North East corner. (Just like when it comes from the West, you go to the North West corner.)

And as an example for offense...
Question: What element (tech) is best for a Force to use against Del Rol Le's body? How about for Da Ral Lie?
Answer: Del Rol Le's weakest resistance is to fire (bug that it is), and then thunder. Since hitting the most body parts is paramount when fighting this boss, using a Ra- or Gi- type tech is the most helpful. Da Ral Lie's body has high resistances to everything, but fire is still its weakest elemental resistance. If you're attacking the head, thunder is its weakest; the head is nigh-immune to fire.

Perhaps this sort of format will help mitigate some fo the repetition. I do like the strategies for androids though...

Lastly, today I've finished adding Defensive Strategies for fighting Del Rol Le. I'm in the process of writing out Offensive tactics for Hunters, Rangers, and Forces. http://www.furnation.com/etl/pso/FG-PSO_Boss_Strategies_Ep1.doc

Edit: updated the URL (renamed some files).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FluxGryphon on 2003-06-26 19:41 ]</font>

Genkaku_McDohl
Jul 7, 2003, 04:50 PM
On 2003-06-01 15:30, MAGusZ87 wrote:
...1.)Your best Gazonde tech
it's cheaper than Rafoie in TP...

true that gizonde is cheaper, but one rafoie does more damage than two gizonde making gizonde obsolete against drl. the only thing -zonde is go for is the spinning spikes.

on a lighter note...
forces should have rafoie, fluid, and a zonde sereis technique on the action bar. if playing a newman force, deband is a must.

use rafoie at every chance you get, except when drl is in front, behind the raft, and when he does his rock slide attack. when he's on the raft, make sure you target the middle of his body. that gets in the most hits. when he shoots spikes that encircle you, use a -zonde technique to take it out. same in the dark, except dont use rafoie when he shoots his laser, only when you rafoie has a greater range.

hunters should have a sword, partisan, or slicer. slicer when he's on the side, partisan against the rotating spikes, and sword for the body (i dont like to use swords, but any sword uses, id recommend it). and resta or mates are a must.

rangers should use shots, partisans (gc/xbox), slicers and a rifle or handgun, which ever is stronger among the type it is (i.e autogun over rifle, etc.) rangers should use shots or partisans (id recommened partisans becuase it gets more parts and its stronger) when he's on the raft. along the sides, shots or slicers. when in front, behind, or during the laser phase, rifles or handgun series.

PatrickSim
Jul 8, 2003, 05:52 PM
Da La Rie: Forces.

I believe his biggest weakspot is now zonde to his head (only). I don't remember about this one, but grants is somewhat effective... or maybe just because i have the 1.5 bonus; it does a little more than zonde.

Just like every other boss, bring full difluids and trifluids and you'll be fine.

Pickerel
Jul 8, 2003, 06:11 PM
With De Rol Le and Dal Ra Lie (don't know about Barba Ray), if you run to the very front corner by his head before he shoots the blob things, you will never be hit by them.

-ARIES-
Jul 8, 2003, 06:33 PM
What I did when I killed De Rol Le is I placed a telepipe (I'm level 25 and I STILL can't use Ryuker.. -_-) by the teleporter, went inside and let him hit me a few times with his laser (healing myself between blasts, of course. I was level 22 or so and two consecutive blasts would kill me.) When I was charged up I used the invincibility my MAG gave me and attacked him until it ran out, then the second he latched on I lined up with his head and most of his body segments and let loose my Estlla.. A few Autogun blasts later...

His dolphin face broke. I shot at his head until he charged me up, then I launched Estlla at his head again. I repeated this until he was dead. You'll need 10 difluids for this tactic though, because you'll be healing often and monofluids would be too weak to replenish your TP bar completely by level 22; they only give 70 TP.

-ARIES-
Jul 8, 2003, 06:42 PM
I think RAmars are great characters because they get all the good guns..

I can't transfer GameCube PSO files to a Dreamcast memory card, so I did the next best thing: I created a character EXACTLY like the one on my friend's Gamecube. Same name, same suit, even the same section ID: SKYLY.

HayatoGT-R
Jul 8, 2003, 10:08 PM
Here's my guide to HUnters De Rol Le(Not the Ultimate version though):
Bring the best Handgun you have, a sword, and a Saber or twin.
When He's on the side of the Boat I usually Fire a couple of shots at him then when he goes to fire those purple balls I run to the corner of the boat where his head is....When he fires the spikes that are stationary Just destroy one with your saber near a corner and stay there to stay out of the range of the others...
When they Surround you take out your saber and destroy them all as fast as you can....When he latches onto the boat Take out your sword and stand to his side to where you can target most of the body parts and hit him with a 3 hit combo, move till he tries to hit you with a spike then go back and repeat....When he tries to drop Rocks on you Just run to the top corners of the boat...When It's dark and he tries to shoot you jUst run around the boat in a circle then after the shot I usually fire once then start running Again.....
Hope this helps you out.

Master_of_Dragons
Jul 9, 2003, 04:04 PM
my guide to dragon

veryhard
hp 200+
tp 100+
EFR 10+

good saber type
good long range gun
good multi-hit weapon

when battle begins run straight at him
try to stay away from its mouth
slash with saber a few time and get away to blast him with a gun. when he falls bring out multi-it weapon and hit him as much as possible.

When he growls he will be down to 1/3 hp so bring out the gun and blast him out of the sky. If he falls he is dead get out of the way. If he dives under the ground, watch the map and dodge his attacks.
when he comes out of the ground shoot at him in the air. when he lands slash him with a saber weapon until he is dead. Quikly move out of the way because he can still crush you.

throughout the fight make sure health is above 2/3. His criticles can enduse a lot of damage.

Nayofy
Jul 10, 2003, 09:34 AM
What I like to do on the Dragon (RAmar N-VH lvl 78) is, Shifta and Deband myself up then shoot him in the head (weakest spot) with a Justy (Justy does about 200-350 damage powered up for me) or any kind of gun (no shots or mechguns) till he falls down. I then use a Stag Cultery (twin-saber) or your strong blade weapon ( multiply that by how many hits you did) and attack his head. I keep using the Hard attacks and it does alot of damage on him. Once he gets up, run back a little and equip your Justy or gun. ( With a handgun you won't be able to shoot him well). Once he is in the air, if you can cast magic then use Gizonde and he will take damage in every part of his body. If you have a good magic lvl then oyu may bring him down again. If he dives, then run to the outer ring and stay close to the walls. You may not be hit or maybe you will. you have a better chance of not getting hit. When he jumps out again. Repeat the steps till he dies. That's how I use kill him.

Creasian
Jul 12, 2003, 05:34 AM
Difficulty: Normal, hard, very hard

Techniques= Rafoie is a excellant choice but should be used only when needed. When the worm slides along side the platform, let loose a few Rafoie's and Run TOWARDS the end with its head into the Corner and hug it closely. The energyballs that comes from its side will usually miss you most of the time. Also casting multiple Gifoie while he lands on the ship if your MSt is high enough is also added damage. When he jumps Over the ship, if you time it right you can land a sneak Rafoie onto him, and as allways you are not just trying to hit him, you are trying to hit as many spots on his side as possable. That damage combines into a whole, so the more spots you hit, the more dmaage the spells do and thus less tp is needed.

Weapons= Depending on your class and levels, a gun, or even a saber is good. Although higher combination weapon attacks may do more damage, when he flops onto the side of the ship you will risks being in the middle of a combo on a long one when the tenticles start to hit. Thus a basic 3 hit combo, which can be managed well with timing, plus Sabers have a good ATP, usable by force's as well. Daggers, double sabers, and twin swords are a good weapon if you are abit more experienced. I repeat do not attempt to use a combo for the first time on his face if you never tried that combo before on him. You must time so you end a combo with enough seconds to move back, miss the tenticle, and resume attacking while keeping close enough so you dont miss due to ATA. Daggers are very quick, you can get 3 hits in very fast before a tenticle comes down, or even a full combo or 2 depending on the difficulty. Long range blades are not used much but should be, a Sword or patisan can hit both the face, and if i am right 2-3 Pods on its side for 4x the damage. Once again the problem is the speed, but these weapons with a altered % can wreack havoc. If you are a driod and want some extra damage since you do not have spells, switch to a gun and shoot him as he circles around, then switch back to a short ranged weapon. Once you break the mask off, the fun begins as the head takes much more damage from spells and weapons. Mechguns are not recamended due to the miss miss miss unless you have the ata needed. Shotguns are also good for hitting more than one spot. The key is to attempt and damage him effectively every chance you have. The more times you go into the darkness, the more worn out you are. Above all patience

To avoid his attacks...

Side fireballs= Be halfway or better to a upper corner of the raft when he begins the attack and run there to the corner. The fireballs willmiss you most of the time, but if you are allready at the corner when he begins to fire them, they will be more directed to you and thus more chance of being damage. Also to note he does not allways fire side beams, he somtimes does nothing, floats to the front of the craft, then to the other side, and then jumps on the ship. Watch for the patterns, and remember them, and you will know when you dodge and when not to.

Mouth beam= When he stands up in the water in the darkness, heis about to fire a beam from his mouth. This beam sweeps from the front of the raft of where he is at, to the back in a very fast swipe. The beat is no wider than your character though, so run to one side of the raft, when he begins to glow Run to the other side. You will run faster than he can move his head and thus miss the beam long as you dont run to a side premature. There is a sound that comes when he is getting ready to fire, you should be no further than halfway on the raft running when you hear this. Rinse and repeat.

Mines on raft= there are 2 forms of this. One is more deadly than the other. The first is the one where 4 mines float to the raft in a FIXED position. It will be dark, but you should auto loc on one of these, focus and kill one as fast as possable and run in the direction of the one you killed. the others blow up soon, and you should suffer good damage if your hit. The other is when they home in on you. If you can time resta right, you can not get damaged, or you can cast some spells or kill as many as possable with your weapon. The second type is harder to get out of. Also, While you are attempting to kill these mines, the worm shoots Fireballs from its side at you. You must try and combine both strageties, kill a mine on a corner, and run there before the fireballs reach you. It sounds complicated but it is not as bad as it seems after a few runs.

Tenticles= when the worm jumps onto the ship, it will take a moment and do nothing, hmm good chance to go allout yes? No. within a few seconds a long tenticle will stab down into the ground exackly where you are at if you are close enough. If it hits, good damage done and your knocked down almost all times. Thus by the time you get up, attack, the first needle will begin to leave and another will attack. So how do you counter this on your first run? When he first jumps on the ship if you are useing a close ranged weapon, get close and run about, dont just run backand forth, i mean run so when it comes down the needle will miss you. Stay close to the head if you can, and as soon as the needle hits the ground and miss's you, begin to attack, and when you see this needle retract, Run back from the head, the needle will stand in the ground where you just were, and miss. Repeat, time your attacks and combo's, and be patient. Needles will not hurt you once they hit the ground, you can walk through them as well. you cannot kill these either nor stop them.

Rock shower= The worm soars through the air, and drops many rocks from above. Simple stragety is run to a corner, and hug into it. Most time the rocks will miss you, and then the darkness comes!

Ultimate, imagine all the above, but Much much much faster.

think i covered all i know... heres hoping ^_^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Creasian on 2003-07-12 03:39 ]</font>

lil_devil
Jul 12, 2003, 07:12 AM
dragon:
hen he drills in the ground and leaves a hole,try to stand as close to the lava as u can. its even better if there are 2 holes side by side(the closer the better) cause u can stand between them. this reduces your chance of getting hit, while the dragon is UNDERGROUND. WILL NOT WORK IF HE IS ABOVE GROUND!

Elite_Pyro69
Jul 18, 2003, 11:09 PM
Dark Falz Guide Normal-VHard(non-androids):

1.Fight him when you know that none of his attacks can kill you in 1 hit(VHard: On third Form, keep running after he shoots the balls and Grantes, Megid won't hit you if you keep running)
2. Bring Gun
3. Heal with Resta whenever not at full health
4. Try not to die(at first he does Rafoie then Rabarta, if you die on your next attempt he will try to freeze you then use Rafoie)
5. on third form stay away from his direct front and back or he will possess your soul
6.when he possesses ur soul do not attack him
7. Use foie when he becomes invincible on third form.

BurningSquall
Jul 27, 2003, 04:34 PM
dragon
hunters:when it lands at the begginng run close to it and start slashing at it.When you do enough damage it should fall down keep on slashing it till it get backs up then it will start flying in the air avoid the fire balls if you did enough damage though to the dragon when it was down instead it should fly in to the air and dive in to the ground it should now try to ram you from underneath the battle arena run away as fast as possible to dodge it after awhile it should reappear again repeat this till you kill it I have no experince with rangers or forces with this boss

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BurningSquall on 2003-09-02 07:19 ]</font>

Nazo
Aug 2, 2003, 09:44 PM
Um... we've kinda been jumping out somewhere and then returning way back... I think we're through with the dragon now, and we've sorta gotta go back to Vol Opt/ V.o. V2. Perhaps Ultimate alternate form explanations would be good?

vegeta000110
Aug 6, 2003, 09:58 PM
Dragon
Recomended for: FOs, other classes that have barta and high ATP weapon.

Repeditively barta him in the legs until he falls(he will more likely fall if he is breathing fire). Then, FOs should barta the head alot and RAs and HUs should kick the living snot out of the head with their weapon.

De Rol Le
Recommended for: Any tech user
Gizonde alot. Once he is on the raft HUs and RAs (if they can use them at that point and time) should use a partisan.

Vol Opt
Recommended for: Anyone
Use whatever you like using (FOs should Rafoie) against the monitors. Repeat with form 2 (FOs should use Zonde).

Dark Falz
Recommended for: Tech Users in Normal
Darvants: Rafoie
1st Form: Zonde
2nd Form: Barta

I know it's basic, but I wanted to conserve space.

Dunedain
Aug 14, 2003, 09:56 AM
I have an effective way to take out vol opt (v2) in no time if you are a ranger, with access to preferably spread needle. You might actually want to take god battle off for a bit here, but I can manage with it. When he comes on the moniters, time your shots (kind of harder online to do this, but it can be done) so that he(it?) recoils each time you shoot (and make sure you do weak-heavy-heavy combos so that you can start up immediately again with a weak hit so he won't be able to move again. Within a couple of combos you should have destroyed all of the moniters. Depending on your atp level, you may be able to defeat the whole first form of vol opt just destroying the first three sets of computers... I've done this without having to take on the totems.

But if those do come up be sure you carry strong charge vulcans / guld milla with you so you can take it out in one combo (take out the red first, then usually the blue ones stay up for a bit and you might be able to shave half their health off before they get to come back down, razonde if you're a force - you'll get hit by the red one because you aren't attacking it hard enough, but eventually all of the totems will go pop if you razonde them all at once). At the next form you have to be especially wary of the lazer beam attack, you'll have to circle around it. (Unless, of course, you feel like losing 600-1500hp (depending on offline/online)). And I know that if you stand inside vol opt while he is charing the lazers it will take him much longer to attack, though I am pretty sure this happens in normal-vh also. It's mainly a matter of outlasting him in normal mode, since you will likely be too weak to do it very fast unless *wink wink* you're tweaked...

Jonathais_GC
Aug 30, 2003, 07:34 AM
Rangers: De Rol Le
Normal

the main problem i have with de rol is getting to him to early. at this point, barely any multi-hit weapons are available to the rangers, where as hunters have swords and forces have a gi tech by now at least. So battles tend to be very long winded.

handgun types are good for the power, and rifles are good for the range. because you have no multi-hit weapons you have to attack at every oppertunity: while he is swimming in the water, in between beam shots, on the side of the raft, and while he is running across the roof.

hit hard and often.