PDA

View Full Version : what is so good about the spread neddle?

melte
Apr 6, 2003, 12:49 AM
can you tell me?!

Stalfos333
Apr 6, 2003, 12:51 AM
Fast attack speed means that you tear through enemy groups. It looks like a crappy weapon, but really, it becomes a devastating one-weapon arsenal.

Brundidge
Apr 6, 2003, 12:55 AM
Don't let its low power deceive you. Combined with a God/Battle and that alone is a force to be reckoned with. Its a shot type with less range of an original shot but that's no biggie. Shoots fast and recovers fast. Combined with a good Shifta level you can take out packs of enemies with easy. You'll be pumping too fast before they can even come close to you. And since you have to be close too, Zalure will do you much good. Spread Needle also has a paralysis special. If your ATA is high enough for the special to hit then that's a big factor especially if you play with a team (hunters will chew those still sitting monsters apart). A nice weapon to have in a ranger's primary inventory.

Jonathais_GC
Apr 6, 2003, 07:27 AM
it was also the weapon of choice on the dreamcast. allthough most were hacked and duped, it was the most overused weapon.

Elusive_Llama
Apr 6, 2003, 09:25 AM
It is basically a shotgun with the speed of a rifle. Spread Needle is a 'close combat' weapon for Rangers with high ATP. 190 ATP fully ground looks like peanuts compared to a T-J Sword at 856 ATP, but you don't have to move or reposition as much as you do with a sword/partisan. While the HU with the T-J sword is moving/dancing around to avoid being surrounded and to get a good group of them to slash all at once, the RA is still pumping hot photon into everything that is trying to reach her.

All I can say is get your Ranger's ATP/damage output up by any means possible...such as your mag, shifta and zalure. Once you're in the 1700+ range, you will see the true power of a Spread Needle.

ps. the paralyze special is even more effective than the Arrest series of weapons. If you hit with the special, you will paralyze them 100% of the time unless they're machines.

Blue-Hawk
Apr 6, 2003, 09:44 AM
On 2003-04-06 07:25, Elusive_Llama wrote:
ps. the paralyze special is even more effective than the Arrest series of weapons. If you hit with the special, you will paralyze them 100% of the time unless they're machines.

IF i the special connects. it doesn thave the connectuion rate that the frozen shooter does, but what does? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

DarkDragon7
Apr 6, 2003, 10:15 AM
Not much does. Yeah and I remember it being way more powerful in the dreamcast version. It was the reason I stopped playing version 1. I'd enter a game and there would be tons of Humars and Hucasts using the Spread Needle. Thank goodness it's been slightly weakened and restricted to rangers. That means less people using them (it used to be Hunters too) and I can actually kill something before everything in the room dies after I'm in it for 5 seconds.

LoreSeeker
Apr 6, 2003, 12:58 PM
My old Spread Needle +99 was very handy. Too bad it went away when I put my character on version 2.

Elusive_Llama
Apr 6, 2003, 01:28 PM
IF i the special connects. it doesn thave the connectuion rate that the frozen shooter does, but what does?

That's what I said. If you hit with the special, it will paralyze. If you shot and missed with the special, that means you didn't hit...