PDA

View Full Version : GC: A few questions for a newb... please help

TwistedRTist
Apr 6, 2003, 12:53 AM
I gotta few questions directed to you more experienced PSO4GC players out there... First of all my character is named after...me! is that okay??? also i would like to know where to obtain the broadband adapter... i really want to play online by the summer... also i want to know if im on a good start... HUmar, beat dragon boss at LV6, got MAG to LV10 on first level... this all good? am i on a good track? please help me out

Aicinue
Apr 6, 2003, 12:58 AM
Yeah, you're on a very good track, HUmar is meant to be a beginner character. Also, the first time I beat the dragon, I was level 12 (of course I was being a FOnewearl). Now I can beat it at lv 4 no probs. And about the mag, pretty good, I have a tendency to forget about my mag but as long as you have a photon blast (mag level 10) for the boss, then you'll be ok. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

ABDUR101
Apr 6, 2003, 01:32 AM
Lvl up your mag at your own speed, no rush with that.

Just make sure you lvl up your character, make afew runs through Forest and then head on up. If you can't handle one area, just go back one and keep working at it.

Choose a weapon that you can hit most of the time, even if it doesn't hit multiple enemies. A saber that hits almost every time on one opponent is 10x better than a sword that hits multiple opponents SOME of the time.

Don't worry so much about photon blasts as much as worrying about just getting used to the controls, dodging attacks and so on. You can easily defeat the enemies and bosses without a photon blast. Infact, PB(photon blasts) are best used for crowd control when there are alot of enemies in a room(depending on the photon blast).

Just rush into the game and have fun, you'll get into it.

Riffin
Apr 6, 2003, 01:44 AM
Listen to them for the other stuff, but to me for this: I found my BBA on the Console acsessory racks at WalMart of all places. They had like 15 of em. You should definately look there and Best Buy too before ordering online. Save you lots of money.

Eclypse
Apr 6, 2003, 02:19 AM
Funcoland, Software Etc., Babbages are a few places that you can find the BBA with little to no problem.

As far as your start is concerned you are doing pretty good thus far. When I started I leveled my mags DEF and ATA before I started to worry about raising the PWR. If you go online now you will find lots of people using PWR mags which makes the game boring if you can do 500+ damage on normal. Keep doing what you're doing and you should be level 20 very soon.