PDA

View Full Version : Photon Booster Question

Yoda86
Apr 6, 2003, 09:38 AM
Ahhhhh nooooooooooooo!!!!!!! Is there any other way to get a photon booster without trading Photon Drops in Gallon's Shop!!!!!! Please say it ain't so, ST is so cruel to those offline. I want my dang Snow Queen!!!!!

Maelkith
Apr 6, 2003, 10:09 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!! you do not want a snow queen. once you upgrade your very useful frozen shooter to the craptastic snow queen you lose the ability to combo. the snow queen is a single attack weapon. the snow queen freezes very well, but it is a very bad weapon overall. as great as the shooter is, the queen is bad. i would not waste the drops to get a photon booster.

Yoda86
Apr 6, 2003, 01:25 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Now i'm confused, someone said it was a really good weapon, but seriously is there a way to get Photon Boosters offline for other weapons?

Elusive_Llama
Apr 6, 2003, 01:32 PM
AAHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Have you ever used a Snow Queen? I have both guns on a high level Ramarl; take my word for it, Snow Queen is better for groups of cannon fodder, Frozen Shooter is better for single targets that have high EVP (sinows, dark bringers, etc). I find myself using my Snow Queen more...probably because I have 302 ATA with it equipped.

Asami
Apr 6, 2003, 05:09 PM
Snow Queen is indeed the superior weapon. Even though it lacks the combo ability, its group freeze effect well makes up for it. However, my RAmarl has a hard time freezing the damned delsabers in ultimate ruins...

Yoda86
Apr 6, 2003, 05:52 PM
WOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! So the snow queen is like a shot type weapon but with the look and feel of a rifle?

*see a pattern here?*

cajun
Apr 6, 2003, 06:20 PM
Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa don't waste your time with the snow queen.

Yoda86
Apr 6, 2003, 06:48 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK...

But really, is there any other way to get photon boosters for offline people?

Asmoedean
Apr 6, 2003, 06:51 PM
I don't think so.

TeamPhalanx
Apr 6, 2003, 08:19 PM
No. It's is only obtainable online.

mightyJoeDunn
Apr 6, 2003, 10:18 PM
I agree with Yoda, I can only play offline and it is sometimes a cruel cruel time indeed when I find out I can only get certain items online ex: s-rank weapons http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

FluxGryphon
Apr 7, 2003, 01:18 AM
I know I've read a few posts with folks noting that they have found more than one Frozen Shooter. I presume if you have found two, it would be okay to turn one or the other (stats pending) into the Snow Queen.

Still, that doesn't help people stuck offline collecting presently useless Photon Drops. (And why oh why did they have to come in red boxes?? Why couldn't they have looked something like blue meseta?)

Yoda86
Apr 7, 2003, 10:53 AM
HAHA, I agree, I hate how you might kill a Gi Giue and red box comes out and your thinking "thank god I have that damn J-Sword" then you slowly walk to it seeing that it is a photon drop. This also applies to other situations as well.