PDA

View Full Version : Those minor little details...

ChibiMyu
Apr 6, 2003, 02:14 PM
When you take a closer look around PSO, you'll probably notice a lot of little details in the game. There's small fish darting around in the water along the seaside, and even the tablets in Dark Falz's garden say "This game is PSO." My personal favorite is that in BA3 you can see people in the shark room from the delsaber room if you look out the window. Which are your favorite?

DukeElrond
Apr 6, 2003, 02:54 PM
I noticed that there's a map of the ep2 p2 right behind you when you materialize in a game, although my favorite is the BA3 one you mentioned, too. ^_^;;

Joe-Azlin
Apr 6, 2003, 03:54 PM
my favorite place is the seaside map cuz about halfway through the second or first lvl is this one room that just looks soooooo good and is very peacful. lol i could stay in that room 4ever.

CGoodness
Apr 6, 2003, 04:14 PM
I think its kinda funny how that girl on pioneer 2 heard of the cake in history class in that one quest.

Foggy_Pete
Apr 6, 2003, 04:58 PM
i like the new clothing animations st added. like the FOnewms hat bounces when he runs and the RAcaseals skirt stretches and moves with her legs. also the sound effects heavy characters make when they run and that RAcast leave giant footprints in the sand. it makes it less of a 3d sprite adventure and more of a living world

Anzx
Apr 6, 2003, 05:06 PM
Turn off the music and go to Seabed. You can hear the foundation squeaking. Very cool.

Eclypse
Apr 6, 2003, 05:34 PM
I like the weapon animations more than anything else. The shells for the YASMINKOV when you fire it, or the sparks from the blade of the CHAINSAWD when you slash something.

rena-ko
Apr 7, 2003, 07:58 AM
the vr-quests - sometimes you can look over a large part of the area http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif - then... what i always like, is when the delsaber wipes his face with one hand - like 'ok, now i'll kill you!'
and all the other details ^_^

Elusive_Llama
Apr 7, 2003, 08:52 AM
When you run through water and get on dry land, you will leave footprints for a certain period of time before you dry out. Most noticeable in Caves.

Birds of paradise flit through the jungle canopy in the Jungle stages.

Rain starts and stops in Forest - it is especially good when you have a Madam's Umbrella equipped and you start walking so that it covers your head.

The Yasminkov weapons have nice details. The Yas3000 looks like a Luger with a carbine length barrel - watch the hammer next time as you fire that gun, it is a very distinctive design. I think its shells should be longer and slimmer, because it's a rifle, but oh well.

The Yas9000's bolts ratchet back and forth as it strips cartridges from the magazines. I love how the brass flies out on either side of you.

Yas2000 looks best on a Ramarl, with its laser sight and all. "Imma busta cap in yo ass!"

The Yas7000's ejecting shells are nice, but they're backwards! The brass portion of the empty shotgun shell faces towards the muzzle portion of the gun when it should be the other way around.

Photon launchers have very cool firing animations. The front portion of the gun slides forward and the blast of photon energy leaves a heat trail behind it.

Katana (katana = plural, not 'katanas') have great animations, mainly because they're straight out of kendo.
With my hunny, she does a kesa-giri (diagonal cut) followed by what I believe is a suiho-giri (horizontal cut, or across-the-hips cut), finishing with a suichyoku-giri (vertical up-to-down cut). Then she holds the katana in a stance known as jodan-no-kamae, where the blade points upwards and the handle is near her head.

I can also see little details in the Agito such as the hamon (so-called 'temper line' to the laymen), the silk wrappings on the handle and even the habaki (blade collar at the base, just above the guard).

The Sange is a katana blade in what is known as shirasaya mountings. Instead of a complete mounting (handle, guard, blade collar, etc), the Sange is in a simple wood handle fastened by a pin. This sort of mounting was used when the katana was in storage. It is impractical for combat because the wood handle is not as strong as a full mounting, and the lack of a guard means your hands could slip onto the razor sharp blade.

In case any of you are wondering, the MKB/BKB is based off of a magic cane belonging to the popular chinese fictional character 'Sun Wu Kong', the Monkey King.

RagMasterRappy
Apr 7, 2003, 09:25 AM
On 2003-04-06 15:06, Anzx wrote:
Turn off the music and go to Seabed. You can hear the foundation squeaking. Very cool.

You can hear that with the music on.

Jae
Apr 7, 2003, 11:11 AM
I almost died laughing the first time I actually heard a Dark Bringer's "horse clomping" footsteps. I know it should've been obvious, but I never expected to hear them.

After you beat Dark Falz and the camera goes to the overhead view, if you look closely at the ring-floor you can see some words written in PSO-font. I just noticed this last night so I didn't read everything, but I did see "Dark Falz" written on floor.

Piro-Skies
Apr 7, 2003, 12:07 PM
The sun flares in Forest are pretty cool, especially when taking snapshots, you can get some nice effects.

-Piro Skies

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Piro-Skies on 2003-04-07 10:08 ]</font>