PDA

View Full Version : I just failed ten affixes in a row

Zorafim
Jun 28, 2013, 03:54 AM
I calculated the odds. 0.36% chance of happening. That is to say, out of ten thousand tries, this would only happen 36 times.

Why is this system in the game? Does anyone think this is fun? Having to stand on a booth and wait for something to tell you you're slightly better at the game? Blowing hundreds of thousands of hard earned meseta on gambling? This is the most frustrating bullshit I've had to go through, and I'm only doing it because the game is balanced around it. This is why I don't cap, or do end game content. Because I don't want to have to deal with shit like this.

Now I'm a week behind on getting accessories. You know, things that also require an ungodly amount of grinding so you can look closer to how you want.

EvilMag
Jun 28, 2013, 05:02 AM
BUT THIS SYSTEM IS BETTER THAN OTHER GAMES SO CLEARLY ITS GOD AND AMAZING!!!1111

BIG OLAF
Jun 28, 2013, 05:38 AM
Only 10 in a row? You're one of the lucky ones then!

Zorafim
Jun 28, 2013, 02:28 PM
Out of curiosity, I threw a technique I onto the weapon. 80% chance, it has to work, right?

NOPE FAILED.

gigawuts
Jun 28, 2013, 02:34 PM
I know that feel man. And then people here will defend it to their dying breath because when you start the game the logo says Sega (or because it doesn't say Nexon).

ShinMaruku
Jun 28, 2013, 02:46 PM
Nexon is more fair than that. That said I just buy 10+ weapons myself. I never trust luck.

NoiseHERO
Jun 28, 2013, 05:04 PM
Stop torturing yourselves...

Play some Animal Crossing instead.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jun 28, 2013, 06:07 PM
Shit that reminds me to get on before I lose my tan

Powder Keg
Jun 28, 2013, 11:37 PM
RNGs can be poorly programmed. They're entirely too easy to manipulate in some games, whether it can be done intentionally or not.

Ezodagrom
Jun 29, 2013, 05:32 AM
I know that feel man. And then people here will defend it to their dying breath because when you start the game the logo says Sega (or because it doesn't say Nexon).
The affix system is terrible and I doubt anyone that actually tried to affix stuff would defend it...
(Though I probably would be okay with it if each ability slot was treated independently, like, trying to upgrade or change a certain ability slot not affecting the other slots).

CelestialBlade
Jun 29, 2013, 09:27 AM
Stop torturing yourselves...

Play some <anything else> instead.
I've never understood why the affix system is as bad as it is. It's not like paying real money makes it significantly easier. The success rates are as false as they were in PSU, it's all a coin flip in the end.

~Aya~
Jul 10, 2013, 10:02 PM
Money is easy to make in this game. Failing just pisses most people off regardless of that fact.. need moar patience!