PDA

View Full Version : Fighter Skills Question

loool
Jun 30, 2013, 12:35 PM
How does Chase Advance and Chase Bind work? Is it for striking attacks only or also with PA? Are these two skills even worth getting? Is it good for subbing?

Saffran
Jun 30, 2013, 02:17 PM
Chase advance souns great, but I haven't unlocked it yet so I couldn't tell you. I assume it works on any damage you do to the enemies, PA or not.
Chase Bind, however, strikes me as rather gimikky. I'm not sure regular enemies would survive so long that you would be able to inflict the bind status effect on them anyway.

UnLucky
Jun 30, 2013, 02:25 PM
It boosts all Striking damage against enemies with status effects. That includes normal melee attacks, PAs, and Wand Gear.

Chase Bind isn't so important to max, but it can help lock down the peskier enemies while you mow them down.

loool
Jun 30, 2013, 03:19 PM
Thank you for the info. :)

Hrith
Jul 1, 2013, 06:54 AM
1 SP in Chase Bind is very much worth it. 1/5 chance to bind opponents is awesome with weapons that hit many times or many targets.

Zenobia
Jul 1, 2013, 07:36 AM
1 SP in Chase Bind is very much worth it. 1/5 chance to bind opponents is awesome with weapons that hit many times or many targets.

True as that may be it doesn't stop the enemy from using a move that moves them making bind chase kind moot, yes if an enemy does an atk that moves them forward chase bind is negated.

Examples: Cater digs underground to get to the main DPS'er, Quarts dashing around, Rockbear doing his belly flop move.

I'll stop there to lazy to label all of that sense a lot of us know.

gigawuts
Jul 1, 2013, 07:49 AM
Chase Bind is a useful support skill and absolutely worth 1 SP. It's a 1 or 10 skill. In all honesty, if you can do Chase Advance 10 or Chase Advance 9 & Chase Bind 1, I would suggest getting Chase Bind 1 instead.

Chase Bind's bonuses per each SP after 1 are a bit unusual though. As I said, it's a 1 or 10 skill. Why? The bonuses are REALLY tiny between 2 and 8. At 9 it's decent, but it's a HUGE gain at 10. The bonus at each level is:
20 22 24 26 28 30 36 42 54 70
Which is a gain of:
20 2 2 2 2 2 6 6 12 14

You can see why anything besides 1 & 10 aren't worth it. I've got it at 10 and absolutely love it. I find the benefits of binding everything inflicted with an SE to be so worthwhile, way more useful than anything else that 9 SP would've gotten me. My only other options were the last 5 SP of Brave Stance and Wise Stance - which only gets you a total of 5% damage (and an increased penalty for being on the wrong side).

Binded enemies will be locked down for about 5 seconds. They won't attack or even move. This is not only good for defense and support, but it's good for plain old offense. Binding things that like to move around lets you hit them while they just sit there. This is great for every kind of damage sponge enemy. Krabs? They stand there. Wonda twins? Also just stand there. No turning, no shield swinging, nothing. Cyclo/kuklonehdas, gorongos, damage sponge enemies just take their beatings.

That said, if you bind them when they've already started an attack it won't take effect until afterwards, and a high ping can make it difficult to tell if they're binded on the server or just on your screen.

edit: Also, chase bind does not work on bosses or minibosses. It used to work on minibosses and that was hilarious, but not anymore. Chase advance does not work on full bosses since they're never actually afflicted with the SE, but it does work on minibosses. So quartz's wings get poisoned? No bonus, it's not actually poisoned. Cats catch fire and are rolling around? No bonus, it's not actually the burn SE but instead the burn triggered a special animation. Caterdran gets poisoned? Yes bonus, it's actually poisoned.

I've thought about submitting full bosses not qualifying for chase advance as a bug, since it really should count, but I'm too lazy.