PDA

View Full Version : Temple drop issues-

Ripsnort
Jul 3, 2013, 10:01 PM
Hi, I'm new to this forum, but have browsed it for many years while playing PSO.

I'm here to ask about an issue I've been having in the VR temple regarding drops.

I'm hunting a standstill shield (64 runs in) and was a bit puzzled by the lack of a Justy from Arlans. Looking at the official drop rate, it's 1/214 the same for Ob Lily, which I have received MANY Justys from.

I'm not so worried about the Standstill shield (should take about 100 runs on average, and I'm in this for the long haul) but I'm worried that this lack of Arlan rare (it HAS dropped normal items otherwise) is somehow indicative of a problem with the Merlan (and Del D) drop.

And no, I have not gotten a glitched mag or 20 stacked monomates. If this is just a big case of horrendous luck, then that's a relief... I guess.

NegaTsukasa
Jul 3, 2013, 11:32 PM
Chances are the odds are just against you right now.

Ripsnort
Jul 4, 2013, 06:34 AM
Thanks for the reply. I just thought it was uncanny that none had been dropped so far, given all the Ob drops. I'll keep going today to see if my luck turns.

Edit: now at run 68. The past four laps did not yield any red boxes whatsoever, so taking a break.

VioletSkye
Jul 4, 2013, 01:00 PM
Sorry NVM, I shouldn't post when I just wake up. I was thinking of Spaceship, not Temple.

Dongra
Jul 4, 2013, 01:59 PM
Before that edit, does that effect both GC and BB?

VioletSkye
Jul 4, 2013, 02:30 PM
Affects the Gamecube version for sure (even PSO+) but not sure about PSOBB. I can test it sometime today maybe to see if that's the case. BTW, for anyone wondering, basically some rooms of Spaceship have drops disabled and that was what I was originally posting lol.

After doing some checking through other threads, it looks like the issue was fixed in PSOBB.

Here was the initial post where I used to have the pics posted of the Spaceship areas. The images are long gone though lol.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77500

Ripsnort
Jul 4, 2013, 02:49 PM
Update: up to my 72nd run, no drops yet. The lack of an Arlan drop is a bit disconcerting... I have a hard time believing it's just luck at this point, though why would some random unreported glitch happen all of a sudden?

Just mentioning, I have gotten the Justy from a Mothvert- which is a 1/15__ drop rate or so, yet NO Arlan drop despite the rate. Though to be honest, I haven't gotten a Justy from an Ob Lily in a while either, and I know that they drop Justys reliably.

If there IS a glitch involved, I won't ever be able to tell, not until I get a drop from an Arlan, Del-D, or Merlan.

NegaTsukasa
Jul 4, 2013, 07:01 PM
So no drops what so ever? not even basic items? I'm not too educated on duping. But have you ever duped before? I think duping might do something to your game if I am not mistaken. But I have ran into a glitch similar to what you are speaking of before. it didn't go away till some time.
I think after doing a quest or something it went back to normal.

VioletSkye
Jul 4, 2013, 08:10 PM
Duping won't hurt your game unless you mess up during one of the duping processes and FSOD yoursef lol.

Konan
Jul 4, 2013, 08:36 PM
Update: up to my 72nd run, no drops yet. The lack of an Arlan drop is a bit disconcerting... I have a hard time believing it's just luck at this point, though why would some random unreported glitch happen all of a sudden?

Just mentioning, I have gotten the Justy from a Mothvert- which is a 1/15__ drop rate or so, yet NO Arlan drop despite the rate. Though to be honest, I haven't gotten a Justy from an Ob Lily in a while either, and I know that they drop Justys reliably.

If there IS a glitch involved, I won't ever be able to tell, not until I get a drop from an Arlan, Del-D, or Merlan.

Its not just you, believe it or not 1/214 drop rate in percents is less then 0.1 so im not surprised you haven't seen one yet, even if you kill over 214 doesn't mean one will drop. I was farming something with a similar drop rate and it took me 600 kills to get it. Sometimes you get lucky and get a lot no problem and sometimes it takes AWHILE. Just don't worry about it

Ripsnort
Jul 5, 2013, 07:05 AM
Its not just you, believe it or not 1/214 drop rate in percents is less then 0.1 so im not surprised you haven't seen one yet, even if you kill over 214 doesn't mean one will drop. I was farming something with a similar drop rate and it took me 600 kills to get it. Sometimes you get lucky and get a lot no problem and sometimes it takes AWHILE. Just don't worry about it

I figured that, but I was getting SO many of them from Ob lily's with the same percentage (and even a mothvert with a 1/1500 rate) that I was a bit suspicious. But I guess luck is luck.

Edit: an yeesh, let's hope I don't need to do 300 laps for a standstill or yas 2000h...

gigawuts
Jul 5, 2013, 08:00 AM
You're unfortunately never guaranteed rares, ever. It's just highly likely you'll find them after a while.

They could've put in a little counter to see if you've past the average droprate by some amount, but they didn't so it's still a tossup in the end.

Good luck dude. Maybe break it up by searching for something else for a while, then come back after that?

Ripsnort
Jul 5, 2013, 08:14 AM
You're unfortunately never guaranteed rares, ever. It's just highly likely you'll find them after a while.

They could've put in a little counter to see if you've past the average droprate by some amount, but they didn't so it's still a tossup in the end.

Good luck dude. Maybe break it up by searching for something else for a while, then come back after that?

I'm not really aggravated. By the time this run is finished (78) I should have killed about 2223 Merlans, just 1000 short of the drop rate. I'm expecting a Yas soon though- as I've surpassed the drop rate, but only recently. I can only get closer by continuing. I've also tended to get red boxes at the most unexpected moments, so I'm just waiting for one to come out of the blue. That being said, those damn Arlans still haven't given me a Justy. Not that I mind...

Edit: I have the funniest luck. I run into a Giant Love rappy, the chance of which is in the 10,000s... perfect. Another God Luck to add to my tally...

Edit2: THERE WE GO! A Yas-2000H just popped up. Totally inspired, and going for the Standstill!

Ripsnort
Jul 5, 2013, 09:03 PM
Gentlemen, It is my pleasure to announce that after 85 draining, arduous runs of the long, haggard, repetitive, uninspired map Vr Temple, I finally got it.

A Justy from an Arlan.

Konan
Jul 5, 2013, 09:29 PM
I'm not really aggravated. By the time this run is finished (78) I should have killed about 2223 Merlans, just 1000 short of the drop rate. I'm expecting a Yas soon though- as I've surpassed the drop rate, but only recently. I can only get closer by continuing. I've also tended to get red boxes at the most unexpected moments, so I'm just waiting for one to come out of the blue. That being said, those damn Arlans still haven't given me a Justy. Not that I mind...

Edit: I have the funniest luck. I run into a Giant Love rappy, the chance of which is in the 10,000s... perfect. Another God Luck to add to my tally...

Edit2: THERE WE GO! A Yas-2000H just popped up. Totally inspired, and going for the Standstill!

Not bad, and lols rares are 1/512 in ultimate :P though I think the Hildetorr and rappy are more of 1/720 but idk for sure. also God Luck isn't really good :P depending on what class your playing like if your hunter like me I use God/Battle Cure/Slow, Cure/Shock and Cure/Freeze.

I remember when I tried farming for the 2000H which I never got but it was tough. I also suggest a break from the Standstill Shield since you may be farming for awhile lol :P I remember farming Sinow Zoa for Anti Android Rifle ( took 1600 Zoa before it dropped or a hella lot of Seabed runs, I also got a Heaven Punisher first but that got lost in corruption :\ oh wells. )

Do you kill the Barbarous Ray at the end or just DC the field before you fight him?

Ripsnort
Jul 5, 2013, 10:11 PM
Not bad, and lols rares are 1/512 in ultimate :P though I think the Hildetorr and rappy are more of 1/720 but idk for sure. also God Luck isn't really good :P depending on what class your playing like if your hunter like me I use God/Battle Cure/Slow, Cure/Shock and Cure/Freeze.

I remember when I tried farming for the 2000H which I never got but it was tough. I also suggest a break from the Standstill Shield since you may be farming for awhile lol :P I remember farming Sinow Zoa for Anti Android Rifle ( took 1600 Zoa before it dropped or a hella lot of Seabed runs, I also got a Heaven Punisher first but that got lost in corruption :\ oh wells. )

Do you kill the Barbarous Ray at the end or just DC the field before you fight him?

As far as the Rappy goes, its more that its BOTH big and rare (1/20 chance for being big times the 1/512 chance of it being rare = very rare.) Yeah, God Luck ain't very useful, except the one that I have equipped really makes a difference as far as crits go.

That really sucks about the Heaven punisher, I would flip if that kind of crap happened to me!

I dont kill Barba Ray, considering the only real point of fighting him is for exp.

Maybe I should take a break :/

Konan
Jul 5, 2013, 10:39 PM
As far as the Rappy goes, its more that its BOTH big and rare (1/20 chance for being big times the 1/512 chance of it being rare = very rare.) Yeah, God Luck ain't very useful, except the one that I have equipped really makes a difference as far as crits go.

That really sucks about the Heaven punisher, I would flip if that kind of crap happened to me!

I dont kill Barba Ray, considering the only real point of fighting him is for exp.

Maybe I should take a break :/

I only seen a small Love Rappy and meh I really had no use for the thing so I didn't really care lol plus I didn't know how rare it was att so oh wll :P anyway I think if you kill Barba you can't reset the field. Also good call

Ripsnort
Jul 6, 2013, 09:54 AM
So now on about run 90. This isn't counting the runs I did BEFORE I started counting. I think we're coming around 2800 Merlans slain and this is an exciting statistic. Also the 2nd Arlan Justy has shown up, so the first one was definitely a spot of horrid luck.

gigawuts
Jul 6, 2013, 10:29 AM
Nice, glad it's working out then. Random is fun sometimes.

T0m
Jul 7, 2013, 07:27 AM
Its not just you, believe it or not 1/214 drop rate in percents is less then 0.1 so im not surprised you haven't seen one yet
I don't disagree with the gist of your post at all, but.. 1/214 is well over 0.1 percent, even if it's still just 0.47% :D

Ripsnort
Jul 7, 2013, 09:40 AM
Update: Now nearing the fabled "average" number of Merlans slain. Hope to see a Standstill Shield soon.

chrisramar
Jul 7, 2013, 03:45 PM
took me 100 temple runs to get a yas 9000m , done over 100 seek my master runs and never got a spread needle , just keep going , im soon gona farm temple myself for a standstill shield !!

Ripsnort
Jul 7, 2013, 05:52 PM
took me 100 temple runs to get a yas 9000m , done over 100 seek my master runs and never got a spread needle , just keep going , im soon gona farm temple myself for a standstill shield !!

More power to you... I've heard word of some of those Guld Milla Hunts reaching thousands of runs per gun... PSO is a very fickle game...

But yeah, now in the 100s of runs of full temple, so around about 3k Merlans slain. Hope to see one pop up randomly at some point.

Ripsnort
Aug 1, 2013, 03:24 AM
EDIT: UNBELIEVABLE. After 200 or so runs, standstill shield FINALLY dropped from a Merlan. Dedication has paid off, and the drop came so unexpectedly (as many of them do) but I had predicted THAT run would be the big pay off. WHEE

chrisramar
Aug 1, 2013, 04:00 PM
EDIT: UNBELIEVABLE. After 200 or so runs, standstill shield FINALLY dropped from a Merlan. Dedication has paid off, and the drop came so unexpectedly (as many of them do) but I had predicted THAT run would be the big pay off. WHEE

congrats , so whats your next hunt item?

Ripsnort
Aug 2, 2013, 03:00 AM
congrats , so whats your next hunt item?

Gonna run the ruins a few times because all the items I get (Save those from claws) are good deals. Then I intend to do West Tower/East Tower for a Gi Gue's Body.