PDA

View Full Version : 50 Chain Combo

HUnewm
Jul 8, 2013, 04:43 PM
I have been trying this for over a year,
and still have not figured out how to get a 50 chain combo.
I think using a Flozir PB will probably help, but I have no clue where to do it.

Rekku
Jul 8, 2013, 05:10 PM
I personally haven't tried this yet, but in theory it should work:

Go on Super Hard Dark Shrine, do the invincible glitch for the final boss fight. Remove your weapons and anything that raises ATK/MST (whatever you specialize in) and hack away at him with a friend, or possibly NPCs, but a friend would be better. Seeing as how you tank everything and your attacks are as weak as possible, with the boss's defenses as high as possible, you should reach 50 before he dies.

HUnewm
Jul 8, 2013, 05:21 PM
I personally haven't tried this yet, but in theory it should work:

Go on Super Hard Dark Shrine, do the invincible glitch for the final boss fight. Remove your weapons and anything that raises ATK/MST (whatever you specialize in) and hack away at him with a friend, or possibly NPCs, but a friend would be better. Seeing as how you tank everything and your attacks are as weak as possible, with the boss's defenses as high as possible, you should reach 50 before he dies.
Best Idea ever. Gonna try as soon as possible.
Thanks for the help.

Norco
Aug 11, 2013, 05:28 AM
Damage (Related to Chaining, scroll down for chaining guide)

Okay, so there were three important parts that played a huge roll in landing ultimate damage.

1. Say hello to what my friend dubbed, the God Hadan Bite:

Hadan Bite Celeb Lv 4 0/41/37/60/44 Bite Stamp

Pay attention to that 60% dark there, it's going to be important later. Time and time again, my friend and I rolled and re-rolled Hadan Bites to get the best one possible. He managed to get this one, which he gave to me before he quit. The level 4 Celeb makes this thing an absolute monster, one-shotting most spawns on Dark Shrine with no chains built.

2. The Character build: Pure Power. My only character is a level 100 HUcast with 80 power mats and a 100 power mag. For my armor, I slotted three Divine Powers and one Element Boost, which brought the Hadan Bite up to Celeb Lvl 5, which is the level cap on elements.

3. The Perfect Team. It took only three of us to pull it off. One was a newman Force, with max level buffs, and the other was a human Ranger.

We chose to do it on Dark Falz for two reasons: 1, he is the only boss whom you can chain constantly and 2, we had a 60% dark weapon lying around haha. The other two people were equipped with Grow Shower pistols for chaining, which did as minimal damage as possible, and I had my Ajax shield with Barrier Shift.

Basically, while the other two built up the chain on Dark Falz, I spammed Barrier Shift on us to keep us invincible the whole time. Once the chain got to 40-ish, I quickly switched to the Hadan Bite and used Bite Stamp. Dark falz died in one hit (which was pretty awesome) so we had to wait until we were back in the lobby to see how much damage I did. Obviously, we could have gone much higher if we had done a better chain, but at 30+ chains, it gets really risky, as the chain can sometimes drop immediately for absolutely no reason.

So there you go. And believe it or not, I'm actually number 2 on my DS's ranking list. My friend who was the force had a HUcast alt with pretty much the exact same setup as mine, except he had an Ainsraffe Celeb Lv 3 60% dark, and told me they chained to 51 before he blew it up. His grand total was 19059.

Chaining

And as far as the 100-chain combo, I did it in a group of four people (ChaosMaster and a few other folks), against Dark Falz. Three of us were equipped with Grow Showers, and the 4th person had a shield with Barrier Shift. When we got to the boss portal in Dark Shrine, we all popped a Reset Material to get rid of any Power mats we may have had equipped, and only had Divine Hit armor units and 100 Hit mags equipped to do as little damage as possible.

Same thing as before, when we got to Dark Falz, we all just started shooting at him like crazy to build the chain up. It took us a few tries though, because randomly the chain would drop out a few times in the 60's and 70's. And also, the chain was different on everyone's game. There were times where the chain dropped on my game, but to everyone else it kept going, and vice versa. We eventually got it though, and the chains cap at 100. We did it a few times just to be sure, and everytime the chain would reset to 1 immediately after hitting 100.

No glitches involved, enjoy ^_^

Chaos Rappy
Aug 11, 2013, 07:26 AM
Gonna add something of note to this thread since it's already been posted in today, but you have to deal at least 1 point of damage to cause a chain. If you are so weak that you are attempting to chain weaponless/weakened and you are doing only 0's, your hits aren't helping for the chain. So don't use Chaos weapons during chaining, because if it procs Deband on Falz and your hits start doing 0's because of it, you're screwed until it wears off... just a tidbit of mine...

Norco
Sep 15, 2013, 10:09 AM
Me, Chaos and Jones (played by Gavin) is going to do this in about 2~ hours if I understood the time right. So if a fourth person sees this and want to join in, post here ^_^

jonigavin
Sep 15, 2013, 11:58 AM
Thanks for this thread! Gavin and I planned on trying the 50 chain on our our own and all I hoped for was to learn more about the strategy. ChaosRappy's offer to help was an unexpected kindness. xD Thanks again, everyone..

Norco
Sep 15, 2013, 12:10 PM
I just made a Hit Hagal specifically for chaining xD I have yet to acquire a Grow Shower with Hit attribute though. Chaos might have some extras.

Edit: I have to go to bed now, but we are going to try again next Sunday.

jonigavin
Sep 15, 2013, 03:02 PM
@Norco: Thanks for the "cool" Snowfield run. xD I also have my Hagal and a Grow Shower w 35%Accuracy ready for the chain attempt.. Should we try again next weekend?

Chaos Rappy
Sep 16, 2013, 02:07 AM
Sorry fo rnot showing up, guys. Had unexpected duty-related things to attend to and couldn't be there... It's kinda why I try and tell everyone that I have duty, so they can be able to know that my time isn't guaranteed. But, I can try again next weekend for sure! I'll bring along my supply of 45 Hit Grow Showers and a bunch of 100 Hit mags for you all to use, if you need them. ;P

Norco
Sep 16, 2013, 02:01 PM
Np man, I finished my Red Hagal with 99 Hit and 1 Guard. Gavin got his final title so he now have Heaven Element and I got a Divine/Hit in drop after a surprisingly short run.

Me and Jones enter the first room at Snowfields, kill the Usanimere spawn. Jones dc(on her screen I dced) and then I get the loot and it is a Divine/Hit xD

Edit: Yes, the upcoming Sunday works great for me ^_^

Chaos Rappy
Sep 22, 2013, 11:27 AM
Hey all, I'll be online and ready for this "Chain Gang" in about a half hour, so if you're online and looking to do this, now's the time to say so! Once I go online, I won't be able to be here on pso-world [using my 3DS for internet access], so make your voice heard now!

Norco
Sep 22, 2013, 11:32 AM
I will be sure to be online then ^_^

Chaos Rappy
Sep 22, 2013, 12:03 PM
Online now, waiting for you guys, joni and gavin! ^_^

Norco
Sep 22, 2013, 02:39 PM
Finally got my Chain titles!! I landed at a rockin' 65 Combo! Thanks Chaos, Joni and Gavin!! ^_^

Chaos Rappy
Sep 22, 2013, 02:45 PM
What all titles do you have left for Heaven, Norco? :D

jonigavin
Sep 22, 2013, 02:47 PM
Big mahalo to Norco, Chaos, and Gavin for the Chain titles! :D You guyz are the best..

Norco
Sep 22, 2013, 02:51 PM
What all titles do you have left for Heaven, Norco? :D

Invite Ogi (I pretty much always choose Reve for extra resta.. xD), Usanny Nest, Booma Nest and Cake Shop once more. After that I should have all xD

Chaos Rappy
Sep 22, 2013, 03:33 PM
Ah, lol. I can help do runs with you for the Usanny Nest and Booma Nest. Ogi and Cake Shop [I'm guessing for the "all Normal missions completed title"?] will have to be on you, though. :P

Actually, fun fact: Third Sister has the highest chance of Usanny Nest spawn [lotsa dead ends], so as soon as you find the cake shop, just run through Third Sister without saving [or Joint Trunking anything!], and if no Usanny Nest, just reset and try again. :p