PDA

View Full Version : Should I care about Luck on my FOnewearl?

Captain_Dude
Apr 7, 2003, 04:25 AM
I'm in the process of planning a FOnewearl. I've got her planned out in everything except mats.

Now, I COULD use luck mats and end up with every stat at the maximum. Or I could just use nothing but mind mats, and end up with every stat excluding luck maxxed, but with a higher amount of TP(because, if I'm not mistaken, mind mats add TP in addition to adding MST).

What should I go with: Having 100 luck, or having 90 more TP?

EDIT: I would also like to point out that I intend to be able to get my character to lvl 200 relatively easily, seeing as how I have no school or work to deal with! So don't bug me about that, please. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Captain_Dude on 2003-04-07 02:29 ]</font>

Vanango
Apr 7, 2003, 04:46 AM
does Luck help w/ getting a crit. hit while casting? Either way, I don't think it's worth it, even if you kill 1 booma faster than the rest of the pack you'll still have to cast again to kill the rest, this way at least you'll have more TP to drain http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Captain_Dude
Apr 7, 2003, 04:48 AM
I don't think there is a critical hit for techs... Is there?!? oO

Vanango
Apr 7, 2003, 05:10 AM
haha, that's what I'm trying to figure out, I think there might be though, I remember some enemies falling slightly faster than others... but maybe I just hit them weird... ??

Sedyne
Apr 7, 2003, 05:44 AM
There are not cirtical hits for techs. However, some enemies say a booma will have 20 less EDF (Fire defense) than a Gobooma. And a Gobooma will have 15 Less EDL(Ligghting Defense) than a Booma. Thus making the boom suceptable to fire and foie techs doing mas damage to him, while Gobooma isn't nearly as susceptable however he gets hrut by lghting much more.

Hope that helps....it just simply states....certain techs do massivly more damage to certan creatures, there is no criticial hits involved.

Joe-Azlin
Apr 7, 2003, 05:52 AM
yea cuz if u could do critical hit then like gizonde would own everything everywhere lol. it wouldnt matter if they were weak against it or not. its like chain lightning from diablo 2 haha.

Elusive_Llama
Apr 7, 2003, 10:47 AM
I didn't think it was possible to max all of a Fonewearl's stats, and I've tried. 150 mat limit sucks.

I'd say eat 150 mind mats, and forget about luck. Luck plays no part in anything but critical hits in melee. Techs get no critical damage at all, so luck would be a total waste on a Fonewearl. You want as much MST/tp as you can get as that will be your mainstay. Pure magic is what the Fonewearl class was designed for. Don't even think of meleeing with a fonewearl, unless you get a kick out of it.

Soukosa
Apr 7, 2003, 11:09 AM
I agree with Elusive_Llama, I don't think it is possible to max out all the stats for a FOnewearl. I think that Luck is pointless on FOnewearl, at least it is for mine, I barely hit enemies with a wep and if I happen to, it's not like I'm going to do much damage. So, I think you should work on maxing out the MST stat. There's a difference of 550 between the base (at lv 200) and the max, so you'll need 275 MIND levels on your MAG and mind mats to fill that gap.

Malkavian
Apr 7, 2003, 11:15 AM
It could be good for test if luck affects the shock/freeze chance to enemies. If with 10 luck theres hardly difference to someone with 100 luck... then that rumour will be false.

Captain_Dude
Apr 7, 2003, 10:17 PM
I meant everything would be at the max with weapons and units and stuff equiped... Other than that, it wouldn't be possible...

But It seems like I should go with TP over luck... Well, that's what I'll do then!

oh yeah and... *Bump* http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

hououtate
Apr 8, 2003, 08:48 AM
NEVER USE LUCKS ON A FO!
it doesnt help you unless your going melee...wich is stupid in my opinion, go max mind mats!

MissJester
Apr 8, 2003, 08:59 AM
Luck would help on Freezing enemies. It will also give you a higher chance of killing an enemy, or group of enemies, with the penetrating Megid. I killed 3 Bartles with 1 shot of Megid last night. Unfortuantlly my luck is only around 30.

AppieDPC
Apr 8, 2003, 09:29 AM
On 2003-04-08 06:59, MissJester wrote:
Luck would help on Freezing enemies. It will also give you a higher chance of killing an enemy, or group of enemies, with the penetrating Megid. I killed 3 Bartles with 1 shot of Megid last night. Unfortuantlly my luck is only around 30.

Yup luck on fo raises the chance of a tech freezin, paralysin or hit with megid.
http://www.geocities.com/appie4life/PSOpic69.txt
Or else ST might as well have called it Crit Hit Luck http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
(btw this pic from dc ver1 booklet cause since v2 im on jpn pso versions lol)

rena-ko
Apr 8, 2003, 09:33 AM
new to me, good to know (*goes to rework plan*)

Captain_Dude
Apr 9, 2003, 06:22 AM
Oh my damn... Alright, I'll be raising my luck then!

TeamPhalanx
Apr 9, 2003, 07:42 AM
LUCK is only for critical hits (why the hell do people keep speculating that it isn't)

Has anyone ever heard of translation mistakes? If it was TECHNIQUE LUCK, then why did it affect critical hits? Think people.

It doesn't affect megid, it doesn't affect freeze (either you or the enemy's), and it doesn't affect the enemy's critical rate.

How do I know all this? Because I have one character with 100 LUCK, and another with 10 LUCK. I also have a couple of God/Luck that can be stacked and compared.

Character with 100 Luck gets frozen just as much as the one with 10 Luck by V-Hard Zol Gibbon. Both are critical hit bait for sinows. As for Megid, that only depends on enemy EDK. Don't believe me? Go into Ultimate Ruins with 100 LUCK and see how often it works.