PDA

View Full Version : Poison Ignition Builds

ArcaneTechs
Jul 12, 2013, 04:37 PM
Does anyone here use PI builds? (in any class combo's) I'm thinking on investing some SP into it but if I can get some more details on it that would be great. atm its mainly for HU/TE or FI/TE since my weapons have poison on them and I wanna get a little extra kick out of it if I can.

I know the cool down is 30 seconds at max, but what is the duration? Is it helpful for you? Does it take down mobs easier? How big is the explosion radius?

Thanks in advance

Kondibon
Jul 12, 2013, 04:49 PM
I'd recommend going fi/te over hu/te because of fighter's higher base t-atk, and chase advanced which makes your striking attacks do more damage against enemies with status effects since you're going to be using poison. I imagine a build like this won't do too well against darkers or most bosses though. I don't know much about poison ignition but if it's like freeze ignition it should do pretty heafty damage. I also heard it spreads poison, but I don't know much about that my self.

Let me know how this works out for you though. I've considered a poison ignition build but I decided to experiment with pp instead.

Bellion
Jul 12, 2013, 04:55 PM
You have to be near the poisoned target and then press the PI in the subpalette. The action is a fist pump exactly like using a Hu or Fi stance. The explosion radius is terrible, I would say it's like half the range of a Gibarta.

Only enemies that are poisoned when using it will receive a decent amount of damage. Any enemies that are not poisoned in the explosion will receive low damage and have a 30% chance to be poisoned.

Back when I used it, the poisoned target received like 8k damage and any enemies around that were not poisoned received around 100 damage. I don't know if they did some stealth buff, but this was during the lvl 40 cap.

ArcaneTechs
Jul 12, 2013, 05:10 PM
You have to be near the poisoned target and then press the PI in the subpalette. The action is a fist pump exactly like using a Hu or Fi stance. The explosion radius is terrible, I would say it's like half the range of a Gibarta.

Only enemies that are poisoned when using it will receive a decent amount of damage. Any enemies that are not poisoned in the explosion will receive low damage and have a 30% chance to be poisoned.

Back when I used it, the poisoned target received like 8k damage and any enemies around that were not poisoned received around 100 damage. I don't know if they did some stealth buff, but this was during the lvl 40 cap.

o geez well I'm getting a good amount of reset passes so if they did do anything to it i'll be sure to post here. It'll give me some time to test out the builds so I'll post back once I try some things out, thanks for the info, the radius from the sounds of it doesnt sound too appealing but i'll see if i can make it work

batokage
Dec 3, 2013, 10:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiCDJJppbxM

This vid I found seems to give some evidence towards poison ignition's damage being based on (aside from its skill lvl) either the T-Atk of the weapon you have equipped or your overall T-Atk when using it.

Does anyone know if territory burst affects its range? I mean technically it can be considered a support tech/skill as its only effective in a specific situation

Kondibon
Dec 3, 2013, 05:53 PM
Does anyone know if territory burst affects its range? I mean technically it can be considered a support tech/skill as its only effective in a specific situation
1. That's not what support means.
2. Territory burst only affects techs, not skills.

So no. No it doesn't.

Omega-z
Dec 3, 2013, 06:52 PM
I agree with Kondibon to go FI/TE since FI can boost the Proc rate and give more damage with chase also the Stances boost PI damage too. But I would advice to plan ahead and act quickly with PI since the Fist Pump is slow and can be interrupted during it and losing it to wait for another 30 sec. . With SH that may be a problem since the mobs move faster then when I used it in early VH mode. But like Bellion said they might of Ninja'd buff it ....maybec since the last time I did that build was last march.

GALEFORCE
Dec 3, 2013, 08:38 PM
By the way, I'm pretty sure PI can be JA'd for more damage. Combat Finish and DSaber Gear gain JA bonuses.