PDA

View Full Version : Size of Psvita - will it fit?

mandraxx
Jul 12, 2013, 09:15 PM
I read somewhere that the new EP II will be about 3 gigs for psvita, 5 for pc.

Now PC is no problem for me, but for psvita - I'm running on an 8 gig card. I only have 2 gigs left. How is this going to work?

Or was it 2 gigs?

I was also thinking of doing a system backup, then using my newly bought 16 gig card to put everything back THEN do the upgrade. I imagine this would work.

What do you guys think who play PSO on psvita?

blace
Jul 12, 2013, 09:30 PM
Wouldn't know. I have a dedicated 16GB card for it on one account and my main account uses a 32GB card.

I recall that it was recommended to get an 8-16GB just for the game alone, updates and all.

mandraxx
Jul 13, 2013, 03:01 AM
I just checked out bumped.org, and it seems that it will require 2.3 mb. I have 2,240 mb free. So this will be a very close call.

What I don't get is that on the website, they are saying the entire game will reach 5 gigs, not 8 gigs, so I'm a bit confused about that. I think I'll be able to make some room by deleting welcome park and a few other apps that I won't need (Netflix, etc). Otherwise, it's going to be a reinstall, however, it won't be as messy as re-installing the PC version - now THAT would be a major undertaking.

If I re-install, I'll let you guys know about the space, and how that operates. My only guess is that maybe they already installed the EP II update? Why else would it be up to 5 gigs already?

Peace, ttyl,

mandraxx

Sandrax ~ lvl.59
Fighter ~ lvl. 31
Force ~ lvl. 33

mandraxx
Jul 13, 2013, 04:32 AM
I can't believe that this game requires 16 gigs of memory. The biggest game yet.

Unfortunately, I am about 200mb short of installing the new update. Unless part of EP II has been installed already into the memory card.

Who else with a vita knows what's up?

Thanks.

blace
Jul 13, 2013, 11:15 AM
I'm going to say that part of the update will overwrite some of the existing files rather than being entirely new data. You may or may not want to upgrade to a larger card in the future in the case of large file downloads.

mandraxx
Jul 13, 2013, 05:25 PM
That's what I was thinking - it's going to overwrite some of the data. But yea, I'm thinking of switching over. Thanks for the help,

mandraxx

mandraxx
Jul 16, 2013, 11:43 PM
Well news to 8 gig owners - It DOES NOT fit. There are two things you can do:

a) uninstall PSO2 on your memory card. Redownload and install. Game will come to 5 gigs about. OR b) (the smarter move)

b) buy a 16 (or bigger) gig card. Redownload PSO2. You'll have 7 gigs free to download as many updates as needed.

This has got to be the biggest vita game yet (although Persona 4 golden is pretty big, it doesn't hold a candle).