PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Rediculous CPU overheating

Dre_o
Jul 14, 2013, 09:56 PM
I'm unsure if this problem is a recent development (patch wise) or what not but I noticed a week ago that my CPU spikes into the 95 decree Celsius range whenever I run PSO2.

This isn't acceptable for a custom gaming PC.

So I'm wondering if there isn't some flaw in PSO2 that you guys might know about that I don't, because even my new heatsink that I purchased JUST for this problem alone hasn't solved anything.

Any input is appreciated.

Taurus83
Jul 15, 2013, 02:37 AM
does ur cpu usage reach 90+%?

jooozek
Jul 15, 2013, 04:13 AM
it might be gameguard messing up the readings, download prime95 and run it for some time, if that doesn't get your CPU to 95 degree then neither is PSO2

Aeris
Jul 15, 2013, 04:48 AM
I hope you applied the thermal paste on neatly, have the heat sink mounted correctly, see if the cooling fan is running fine or it will overheat, since that is pretty much new and clean thermal paste, you have to break it in for the number or hours it says normally so it can turn more solid so it can keep it cool properly, also gameguard freaks out some thermal temp readers on some programs for the cpu temp, it shows like 100C for no reason on my computer, used AIDA 64 and it shows the right temp.

Dre_o
Jul 15, 2013, 06:45 PM
Alright, well I'm fairly confident that it is just GameGuard being stupid, thanks for the input everyone.

I needed a new heat sink anyways/