PDA

View Full Version : What name you choose?

Stricker
Apr 7, 2003, 08:37 AM
If you had a daughter or son, What name will you choose?

I wanna have a daughter and I'd like to call her Zelaluz Kajv. I love that name! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

And you?

KodiaX987
Apr 7, 2003, 09:01 AM
If it was a boy, I'd call him Francois (French for "Frank")

For a girl, it's a lot tougher... But I'd settle down for something like "Elise".

GuerillaPimp
Apr 7, 2003, 09:05 AM
I would love to name my children with egyptian names, hell i wish I had an egyptian name, but my parents decided to name me after my dad. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif oh well...

Raylan
Apr 7, 2003, 09:08 AM
I remember we had a rather nice name picked out, but umm.. hope no one that knows us is readin this I kinda forgot... I'll kinda guess around it. It's a beautiful name tho...

-BK-
Apr 7, 2003, 12:13 PM
For a boy, Tully or some other nice Celtic name. I don't know about a girl though. Of course, my wife would have to agree to the names.

Omni-SqwirL
Apr 7, 2003, 01:06 PM
Boy - Braedon or Vincent Christian
Girl - Talia Eva

OracleDDX
Apr 8, 2003, 12:11 AM
If I has a daughter mabe somthing like Keiko or Kamali a boy would be Klay or Kaden. Yes, my children will all have K names to go with my name.

Piro-Skies
Apr 8, 2003, 01:50 PM
Ramirez for a boy..... Not really sure about a girl.

-Piro Skies

Orange_Coconut
Apr 8, 2003, 01:56 PM
I've always wanted a daughter... I love the name Amber... People don't seem to like it though..

Kent
Apr 8, 2003, 02:00 PM
If the child were a male, probably Krueger, if female, probably something like Kelly (K-names run in my family as well).

Elentari
Apr 8, 2003, 02:46 PM
On 2003-04-08 11:56, Orange_Coconut wrote:
I've always wanted a daughter... I love the name Amber... People don't seem to like it though..

Amber is a very pretty name http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif i was thinkin about using that when i get older but no can do.

If*cough* Later in life, when i have a girl.. I'd name her Hannah...or Audrey...

Boys for me are harder to name http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif But i'll eventually have to come up with something sometime... just not now lol. I've always wanted lots of kids though http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

pixelate
Apr 8, 2003, 03:08 PM
Boy: Irca (errrrrrrca)
Girl: Ima (eeeeeeema)

Vanango
Apr 8, 2003, 03:37 PM
I'm glad I'm not a product of any of you, except perhaps Elise, but I think I like that name partially to The Cure song "Letters to Elise" and I guess Amber which I think is a lame name (no offense)

I'm waiting for one of you to name your kid "Gurt" so you can say "YO! GURT!"

it's hard enough being a kid, don't give them more crap naming them ashookalakapoo

KodiaX987
Apr 8, 2003, 04:25 PM
My name thingie got chosen! Woo-hoo!

*points to everyone*

IN YER FACE, SUCKERS!

OracleDDX
Apr 8, 2003, 04:43 PM
On 2003-04-08 12:00, Kent wrote:
If the child were a male, probably Krueger, if female, probably something like Kelly (K-names run in my family as well).

Are you trying to say something like I'm going to have your children?!

If that's the case our daughter must be named Keiko if not I'll start crying I swear!!
*bottom lip begins to quiver*

Rotis
Apr 8, 2003, 06:54 PM
If I ever have the misfortune of reproducing, it'll probably be on accident... oh well, at least I wouldn't have to worry about some dutiful father trying to name my kid for me ;x

I'd name a girl Alicia, but for all the wrong reasons.

Boys? My family doesn't have boys. Pssh. Boys.

Kent
Apr 8, 2003, 08:04 PM
On 2003-04-08 14:43, OracleDDX wrote:

If that's the case our daughter must be named Keiko if not I'll start crying I swear!!

Erm... no, I didn't mean it like that, it's just that my family has a tradition for K-names.

...Unless you want to have my children...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_sleepy.gif

Guile
Apr 8, 2003, 08:30 PM
Seven! boy or girl...

Aicinue
Apr 9, 2003, 12:27 AM
hmmmmmmmmm... I like the name Alicia to... COOL!!

Captain_Dude
Apr 9, 2003, 12:47 AM
Heh... Well... I've some interesting plans for my kids(oh, thi'll knowck yer sock off).

My first idea is to name them after characters from my favorite video game... TETRIS! Yep, names like "Square-Block", "L-Block", "Inverted-Z-Block", "Straight-Block", and so on and so on...

Other ideas were naming them after Uber-Gods... Just so I could goto my kids' school and hear how well "Kuntar the Mighty" or "The Grim Raper" or "Hand Job May" was doing... But ripping names off of the Uber-Gods may not agree with my partner...

Then of course there's naming them things that are hard to pronounce... like "Kjmgpk" or "Flflfrtypsgmn" or of course "ooouuueeeeeiiiiuuueeeoooooy".

I was also fond of giving my kids names that are so long they can't remember them... Like "Carlandohamircalafeltunclimrenzodalamanircoelag" for example... But I don't know if it's legal...

Of course I could do like that one couple did and sell the rights to name my baby on Ebay... or better yet, the street-corner!

Or maybe, after household Objects! Like 'Toasteroven" or "Staplingmachine" or "TapeDispenser"!

But I think maybe the best answer for me is to never procreate... I shouldn't pass my genes on to anything! After all, who in their right mind would want a little clone of ME wandering around?!?!

[Took out some letters so the board doesn't stretch.]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pixelate on 2003-04-11 21:36 ]</font>

Nidarrock
Apr 9, 2003, 12:22 PM
Well being that we have a daughter, we named her Angela Raine.

As for a boy I have no clue.

Aicinue
Apr 9, 2003, 12:26 PM

Don't waste your time with him, I like the name Keiko as well, catch my drift?

Scriptor
Apr 11, 2003, 08:12 PM
Names, names, names...'GIVE' a child a name. The way society deals with this intrigues me. I get the feeling parents simply deciding upon a name and the child of the parents in question simply is known as this until they return henceforth from wherever it is- is simply...incomplete somehow. I mean...a name...what you are known as, a large part of your identity and what makes you, you- being decided by someone OTHER than you? At a time when they can NOT possibly know who you are. Surely this is not how it should be.

Yes, I am well aware a name would have to be given at least until people 'come-of-age'- otherwise all sorts of problems may arise. And yes, parents do have an almost inexplicable link with their offspring...but still. I think...maybe, just maybe- we should choose our OWN names, when we have matured and know OURSELVES. Or alternatively...names should be EARNED. Maybe kind of like earning a title. But the latter mentioned does seem somewhat fanciful. But my mind still has problems digesting the fact that we are simply known as a name decided by someone other than ourselves, when we (and the people who name us) are not even known to ourselves. But many people, I imagine, may have trouble coming to know themselves...I know this very thing plagues my existence. Food for thought. Farewell.

SorceressofTime
Apr 12, 2003, 05:44 AM
okay, i want three in total... so...
hopefully, i'll have a son first so i can name him raziel (and make him one of those boys who like to bash up other kids when they're young... or just a plain fighter http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif) and the second, ah well... something like aaron... and yeah...

my daughter's name would probably be aerith, but i'm working on more.

Aicinue
Apr 12, 2003, 02:54 PM
awww but they're SOOO cute! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif<3 *heart*
yeah, but not as cute as you...
what...?

Dangerous55
Apr 12, 2003, 03:36 PM
Most likely Isoceles, like the triangle. Great name.

Ness
Apr 12, 2003, 04:01 PM
On 2003-04-08 18:04, Kent wrote:

On 2003-04-08 14:43, OracleDDX wrote:

Erm... no, I didn't mean it like that, it's just that my family has a tradition for K-names.

...Unless you want to have my children...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_sleepy.gif

Well your children can call me Uncle Ness.

I want to have two children. I'll name the first one and let my wife name the second one. If it's a girl I'll name her Patricia and if it's a boy I'll name him Ryan.

Sai-Yuk
Apr 12, 2003, 04:32 PM
Boy - Mary
Girl - Bob (Robert)

i'd have my son grow up and have facial hair so he'd be a man with a moustache called mary. and traumatised.

and... we... robert was always the name of the first born man in my family, but the first born robert named his first born jeffery. so i'm going to screw things up further and have my daugter called robert, so she's emotionally scarred by my plan to rule the wor-

uh...

well, really i'd call my son robert and my daughter may.

i don't like the idea of a 'mary' after all. because i keep saying bloody this and bloody that... it'd just be cheesy if i went and said 'bloody mary'

Zeebo
Apr 12, 2003, 04:41 PM
Girl - Karen
Boy - Joe after me my dad my grampa etc...

Gestiv
Apr 12, 2003, 05:17 PM
Dammit, Ness! You guessed my name! Now I can't force you to make golden thread anymore!...Um...Yeah. And Dangerous55, you had to say Isoceles! That word was burned into my mind when I heard it years ago, and you brought it up just when I was about to forget for the summer! Now I shall be plagued by mathematics all vacation! Boohoo...
Names. Hmmm... I'm not really fond of bible names... Maybe a celtic name... or I may just decide to torture them. Hehehe...
Boy: Vanilla Ice, Vin Diesel, Patsy, Oddjob, or Bootaygrabber.
Girl: Dumpus, Strong Sad, Wynona Ryder(middle name), or Vanilla Ice. Hehehe... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Aicinue
Apr 13, 2003, 02:33 AM
I'll just let my wife decide, I'd be crap at choosing names... ;D

Psylocke
Apr 13, 2003, 05:06 AM
I have to find a cute Japanese guy to have kids with 'cause most of the names I really, really like are Japanese! *lol* Like I really dig Daisuke, Ryo, and Takuma for boys and Aya, Mana, and Sakura for girls.
Buuuuuut I probably won't have the good fortune of finding a cute Japanese guy to make cute Japanese babies with so other than those names I would choose...
Geez, I dunno for a boy! *lol* Noah, maybe. Or Darien.
For a girl, that's easy. Sasha Jean, in memory of one of my best friends who passed away in December. I also really like Dahlia.

Sedyne
Apr 13, 2003, 09:29 AM
If I was to choose my kids names (If my wife didn't have any disagreements) they'd be as follows

Girls:
Lauren,Rebecca, Meghan, Rane

Boys:
Sean, Alec, Kris

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SeanX930 on 2003-04-13 07:30 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SeanX930 on 2003-04-13 07:31 ]</font>