PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 BSOD when game starts

Mokoumari
Jul 17, 2013, 04:04 PM
I haven't played in a while, so I'm not sure if it's just the update itself that did this or if it was an existing issue. But whenever I launch the game, it will cause my computer to blue screen after game guard does its thing and the game is supposed to come up. I can update and get through the launcher just fine. It's only when the game would normally come up that my computer gets a BSOD. This is the only game that does this as well.

I've done a few things to try and fix it, but had no luck. I've disabled anti virus programs, system restored, uninstalled and reinstalled the game, updated drivers, ran defrag on my computer, moved the game files to a new folder, deleted game guard for a fresh install of that, ran the tweaker.

The error seems to change based on my crash log, but the majority seem to be related to ntoskrnl.exe.

Anyone have any ideas? The only other thing I can think of is a complete reformat, but I'd rather avoid having to do that.

Update - I found the cause. It was my anti virus after all. Apparently Avast still has issues with the game, even if you disable it and/or put it under the exceptions. The only way to fix it was to uninstall it and use another anti virus program.

Mikenar
Jul 18, 2013, 08:58 PM
I used to have this issue, it would occur on other games as well. My solution wound up being some bad memory (ram). Try running memtest, it will tell you if you have any bad memory, you can put it on a thumb drive and run it when you boot your system (it's less than 1mb iirc). I removed my bad ram and it fixed all my problems.