PDA

View Full Version : How Should I Build My Braver's Skill Tree?

NexusRay
Jul 18, 2013, 07:25 AM
I tried asking in the general questions thread, but it's so clogged up my question got lost. Has anyone studied what I should be pumping my Skill Points into as a Braver? I'm not use to physical attacking classes (maining a Force since the beginning).

Meji
Jul 18, 2013, 08:17 AM
I'm a LV42 braver right now (with 5 extra SP from the class CO), and I like my current tree quite a lot.
I've mainly focused on the Avarage and Weak stances, and also nudged 5SP into the Mag skill, since my Mag has 125 DEX.

Though I haven't tried the other skills yet, I can clearly say that the braver class is more built on stances than any other class.

Edit: It looks kind of like this - http://pso2skill.web.fc2.com/br.htm?sc=Br#3051003011t01n00y0000000301

Gama
Jul 18, 2013, 08:58 AM
Thank you meji!

jooozek
Jul 18, 2013, 09:38 AM
hard to say OP, you didn't even mention what you plan to do with the class

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?05fb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ik0lbIn 0000000lb000009b000009b00000ib000000lb000000jebf4N dncKsNJ2ib0006
this is how my hybrid build would look like, there is (and a spare point too, can remove snatch step and put the leftover 2 points into getting just reversal) no step attack because on bows it causes more trouble than it's worth (you usually would have it on hunter anyway and you want to sub hunter if you plan on using both melee and ranged), katanas don't have chargeable PAs, bows normal attacks and all (iirc) PAs are chargeable but if you at this point care about bows efficiency, then you should focus on a full bows build
http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?055nb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ik0lbI n0000000lb000009bJdJ29k2N0000ib00000ib000000lb0000 00lBf4N6JIJIHX0006
you could remove 7 points from weak stance critical and put in the katana gear and other katana skills if you plan to wave your katana sometimes but not often enough to warrant getting into average stance
http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?055nb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ik0jeb kIqoGXcBdqInfcAfGA000007b000009bJdJ29k2N0000ib0000 0ib000000lb000000lOIo4NdnfsNJ2Jfb0006
this build is a compromise, getting all the katana power ups, and getting only 1 point into rapid shot because generally that's how much its worth to put points in it for time being (dunno yet how good is rapid shooting between maxing and having 1 SP only in it)

Zorafim
Jul 18, 2013, 12:18 PM
The way I see it, you should focus on a weapon, and on a stance. If you want both weapons, cut out the lame skills from each (I don't think you need katana JA boost, and katana finish doesn't need to go past 1. Just the same, katana combat doesn't need to go past 3. I don't know about bows though). If you get a dex mag, then the mag skill looks like it'll be useful (if you have at least 25 dex on your mag, it's twice as good as an atk boost skill). Crit and Charge seem kind of pointless, so you only need about half of each stance tree to get the full effect. I do suggest filling out the reversal tree, since the final skill recovers a ton of hp if you time a just reversal.

NexusRay
Jul 18, 2013, 03:54 PM
Thank you, everyone! This is all very helpful! I think I'm going to go with using the average stance for now. I'm still kinda learning stances because I never used them before, and this one seems pretty straight forward.

Also, what should I give my mag to make it's DEX higher?

Zorafim
Jul 18, 2013, 04:44 PM
Pa disks. Should be the easiest mag to level.

By the looks of it, pure dex might be the best build on your mag if you get dex armor, and go hybrid bow and katana. You might be SP starved, but if you min/max, you should be good.

Lostbob117
Jul 18, 2013, 04:45 PM
You can build it many different ways. It's very unique to the other ones where some was "Build it this way, or suck" *Looks at Ranger.*

Anyways, this should really be taken into one of the Braver discussion threads.

Zorafim
Jul 18, 2013, 04:48 PM
Yeah, I forgot to mention. If you want pure katana or bow, a stike/range mag is just as good.

~Aya~
Jul 18, 2013, 04:53 PM
The way I see it, you should focus on a weapon, and on a stance. If you want both weapons, cut out the lame skills from each (I don't think you need katana JA boost, and katana finish doesn't need to go past 1. Just the same, katana combat doesn't need to go past 3. I don't know about bows though). If you get a dex mag, then the mag skill looks like it'll be useful (if you have at least 25 dex on your mag, it's twice as good as an atk boost skill). Crit and Charge seem kind of pointless, so you only need about half of each stance tree to get the full effect. I do suggest filling out the reversal tree, since the final skill recovers a ton of hp if you time a just reversal.

Combat finish was doing 8-17k depending on enemy and where it hit at level 1 (skill)... i am in love with it. Combining the gear with katana combat is insaaaaaane dps. ♥♥

I am 32 BRA atm and am using a 3★ katana and terrible armor with vinculum.. black wing set in 7 Dex. Woot

D-Inferno
Jul 18, 2013, 05:09 PM
Braver's stances are designed poorly compared to Fighter's (let alone Hunters lol). Where's Fighter only needs to spend 20 SP (40 for both) to get a 44% and 69% boost and, Braver needs to spend a whopping 33 SP to get either a 33.1% (21% with uncharged attacks) or 57.3% (43% uncharged) on weakpoints (granted, this is somewhat nice for Bows and ranged stuff, but you get a penalty if it's not a weakpoint). Maxing both will leave you with only a single SP left, and skipping Step Attack would not work except maybe for a BR/RA tree (this is assuming Bow Step isn't worth it, and the user doesn't care about Dagger/triple dashing).

Oh, and while I haven't used it much (only got a single point in it) Katana Combat only last 20 seconds, and has a very long cooldown (you can shorten it, but even after wasting 10 SP, it still seems too long). I'm not sure if Rapid Shoot is decent (does it give you speedy PP recovery?), but I don't think it I'd put more than one point into it.

Maybe someone will figure out a decent Braver build, but for now, I'll probably just get BR to 60, then just play the game less for a while (not much to really do right except maybe look new techniques).

gigawuts
Jul 18, 2013, 05:17 PM
That depends on the goals they were seeking to achieve in creating the stances.

Braver's strength lies in its weapons - not its stances. If this was their intended goal then they absolutely succeeded. They probably didn't want to create another class that would be best used as a sub for ranger, like what happened with hunter after its improvements. They wanted players to actually use the weapons it was created to use.

But, since braver is a horrendous sub for its stances, that means good allclass katanas and bows need to exist for it to be a workable sub. Without them...it's pretty much just for maining. Which is a fine design model for the occasional class, but not all.

Kitoshi
Jul 18, 2013, 06:59 PM
Oh, and while I haven't used it much (only got a single point in it) Katana Combat only last 20 seconds, and has a very long cooldown (you can shorten it, but even after wasting 10 SP, it still seems too long).

I have to respectfully disagree on the Katana Combat bit, katana combat is an absolutely godly skill, the teleport on attacking the attack speed and the insane finisher skill make it a very worthy investment imo.

The first thing i did was max out katana combat, that 90 second cooldown effectively turns into a 70sec cd.

I personally am not sure on Weak stance yet, i maxed it earlier and messed around with it a bit but it's very situational, if you end up in an area (mines in example) without a lot of melee weak spots then it will pretty much be wasted points.
But the moment you do get mobs with weak spots going it's quite insane, i am talking 2k normal hit dmg on vardha core with the afformentioned weapon insane.

Quite a versatile class without any definite "cookie cutter build" at the moment.

Also in terms of survival the J reversal cover is well worth a point, 10 % hp regen on just reversing is not bad at all (20 % on level 5).

Zipzo
Jul 18, 2013, 07:15 PM
There's now 3 Braver threads, if another one pops up I might cut the next person who does so. Please stop.