PDA

View Full Version : Anyone try the new freeze ignition yet?

GALEFORCE
Jul 19, 2013, 12:18 AM
With freeze iginition up and freeze keep, etc.. I'm curious if it's worth buying a new tree for.

Just in case someone's crazy enough to have a pure ice tree, I would specifically like to see a damage comparison with other ice techs, and a radius description.

Zipzo
Jul 19, 2013, 12:41 AM
With freeze iginition up and freeze keep, etc.. I'm curious if it's worth buying a new tree for.

Just in case someone's crazy enough to have a pure ice tree, I would specifically like to see a damage comparison with other ice techs, and a radius description.

Well I currently have a pure ice tree and I haven't reset it yet since the patch to try the new skills...but it doesn't interest me all that much.

The range was practically point blank, I doubt doubling it makes much of a difference seeing as how you're essentially a ranged class.

BlankM
Jul 19, 2013, 12:48 AM
I don't really know what else to put into Ice tree tbh. I got freeze keep, and put any spare points into tech charge advance. I'm not sure TCA effects Nabarta at all though. And Rabarta is mostly for bursts. Freeze keep is quite nice though. or rather, its how freeze should be all the time.

SociableTyrannosaur
Jul 19, 2013, 02:54 AM
yeah the problem is freeze keep is a huge investment in SP (27 if that's all you wanted from ice tree) to get an SE to work the way it should have from the start.

Freeze Ignition up is probably a decent skill if you were going all ice and wanted freeze ignition anyway. all told it should(untested so take this with a grain of salt) give you the range for rabarta for your ignition with the durability to make it useable and 2x damage. is it worth an extra tree? I'd say no, but at least ice is getting a little attention even if it is the wrong kind of attention.

Dextro
Jul 19, 2013, 03:35 AM
Freeze Keep and increased range on Freeze Ignition is NOT something that should require points, these are things that should've just been patched in as improvements to the game mechanics >_>

Hell, even if Freeze Ignition did the same damage as a fully charged Namegid, it still wouldn't be worth it!